Newbie 470: Trouble at Mount Excitement - Mafia Wins!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:30 pm

Post by Happiest Sadist »

Lets get this party started with some random vote action.

vote Malrokin
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:30 pm

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Original Roll String: 1d7 (STATIC)
1 7-Sided Dice: (1) = 1

I don't believe you are being honest in the method of your random generation. I don't believe you would have voted for yourself had you rolled a 6.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:35 am

Mastermind of Sin,
what did I do that was scummy? If its important enough to change your vote, it should be important enough to tell us.

Unvote

Vote Dark Lady Shaiann

Dark Lady Shaiann
just really set off my scumdar. She just put someone at Lynch-1 on the first day and Shadowlurker has done nothing seriously suspicious.

Yes, shadowlurker has not answered a question. However, the question was why he was happy with a random vote when nothing much has happened. I'd be happier if he answered too, but don't think he deserves to be lynched. I also don't think we want him in a situation where he can be lynched easily by only one scum.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #68 (isolation #3) » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:40 am

Charms86 wrote:I'm on the fence about Dark Lady because her actions do seem a little suspicious, but at the same time I can understand why an accused innocent person would be defensive too. I was merely putting my thoughts out there.

Thanks for posting your reason for your Happiest Sadist vote, however, I'm still not quite convinced. Anyone can and will make jokes, I don't think that necessarily makes you scum.
FOS:Charms

Way to damn me with faint praise there. The form of your argument is a defense. But by saying I'm not necessarily scum you are suggesting that I most likely am in the subtext.

Whereas when dealing with Dark Lady you deal with her suspicions by admitting it is suspicious but an innocent person would act like she did. In the text you are merely stating that we aren't sure she is scum. However the subtext is that she is certainly innocent and just made a mistake.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:07 pm

Mastermind of Sin
why do you think that we should be lynching
Charms
today? Although he has been acting suspicious, much of his suspicious behavior has been in supporting
Dark Lady Shaiann.
. So if she is not scum, then it is likely that
Charms
isn't either.

Because of that, if we are lynching one of
Charms & Dark Lady
, we should lynch
Dark Lady
. Consider the unfortunate circumstance where we kill one of them and they were innocent. If we find out
Dark Lady
is innocent, it provides evidence that
Charms
is at well. However, if we find out
Charms
is innocent it provides no similar evidence about
Dark Lady.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:49 am

How is my suspicion of Charms WIFOM
Malrokin
? Wine in front of me is not any bad argument. It is an argument of the form Scum would not do X. However Scum try to make pro-town players believe they aren't scum. Therefore Scum will do X.

My argument might be overemphasizing trivial choices of words. It might have other flaws. I don't think it does. However one thing it does not have is WIFOM reasoning.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:15 am

I don't really see anything suspicious of The Sweatpants Ninja reading the rules post. I read it too & noticed that detail. I also assumed everyone else did too. Since the ninja read the rules and the first pages of the thread right away its only natural to apply that information.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 26, 2007 4:08 am

Well, I haven't posted in a while.

I don't think that reading the rules and noticing what's different is scummy. I noticed that when I read the rules at the beginning. However I forgot about it because it was not applicable to me for a long time.

DLS, you said that you wrote a long post explaining everything. However your long posts were rambling and incoherent. They did not address the first question of why you decided to put someone at Lynch-1 on the first day with basically no reason. Instead they used huge amounts of WIFOM reasoning to muddy the waters. Now you are claiming that you are in trouble for defending yourself and nothing else. No. You are in trouble because you made a stupid vote. Then you tried, rather than to answer the accusations, to confuse the issue.
Happiest Sadist
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Happiest Sadist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:24 am

I've been disappearing because the thread has been moving very slowly. As to leaving my vote on someone, I don't change my vote unless I have a reason to. Since DLS has roleclaimed cop I think we should back off. If its accurate we don't want to lynch her. If it is inaccurate, then her investigation claims will provide us with useful data.

I actually did miss the cop claim in my lurking, and this is the first time I have seen it.
unvote Dark Lady Shiann

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”