Newbie 442 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:00 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Vote: IH

Something about your opening posts strike me as
Mafia Buddying Up
to the town.
"LML = Mafia God" - Pie Is Good
"LML returns, plays one game, wins a Scummie, then leaves again!" - Primate
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

White wrote:Actually I do have to agree somewhat with what LML said however it doesn't strike me as much as he makes it out to be.

One thing i've noticed about LML is that he comes on strong and doesn't work too well in shades of gray. It's more black and white for him. He's also logical and presents a nice case but could easily throw a wrench in the works and no one would be able to pick it out.

LML, i'm going to be cautious of you.
Oh really? You should be cautious of me if you're scum.

I do come on strong. I put people's backs to the wall. I made an opening day, first post vote.

You seem to be wanting to get the town to NOT believe a single word I say? Why is that? Are you afraid of the apparent case on you being formed?

I believe that you're trying to rid the town of me because you are afraid of my ability to corner scum.

Unvote, Vote: White
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Grrr.

Unvote

That makes 3.

Massive FoS: White
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:34 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Crom wrote:This entire post sounds scummy to me. Almost like posing as a "hero of the people" in my opinion. Keeping my vote on LML.
I would recommend, my friend, looking at my past games and seeing the way I post. You will see that this is ALWAYS my tone.
White wrote:Again LML, you are coming on realy strong. I read a different one of your games and you got hard on the case of another guy and he turned out to me town. Now i'd definintely suggest holding back and thinking of all possible perceptions of an actions before jumping on someone else's back.
Yet you just voted me at the end of your post, huh? That's called
hypocritical.

Besides, you're an IC and it certainly looks to me that you're good at playing mafia due to your nice award. Now i've played your style before and dude, calm down with the "FREEDOM!!" -esque posts.
I haven't told you how to play mafia, I don't expect you to tell me. I won the Paragon of Mafia Hunters (best Pro-Town player) in 2005, and Mafia Performance in 2006. Either witch way, I will not change the way I play because you tell me to.
LML, you've got 1 vote on you currently. I'm going to make it two because out of all the people that have talked and given stuff to work with you're the one that's taken up a flag against me the hardest and I personally don't trust your judgement because you jumped to conclusions about me and should've read what I said. I said clearly that I was going to be cautious. If being cautious is a reason to vote for someone then by golly we're screwed.

That is so OMGUS. There are so many reasons to vote you. I held off because it put you at Lynch minus one. I have documented said reasons in this post. I don't know where you've come from. Let me explain something to you. I make cases. If someone makes a better case than the one I make, I move my vote. It's how the game is played.

Vote: White
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:36 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Will post tonight, RL got in the way.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:41 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

White wrote: He said I was hypocritical. I don't see what this has to do with finding scum, nor do I see where it refutes any arguments nor do I even see how this can be interpreted any other way other than a personal jab.
Do you really mean this? If so, mafia may not be the game for you. I hope you can toughen up from here. I never meant ANYTHING as a personal attack.

Scum is more likely to be hypocritical than a townie player. For Instance:

Mr. A is scum
Mr. B is town.

Mr. A yells at Mr. B. for making an illogical play (let's say... the straw man argument). Mr. B retracts, and Mr. A then sets up a straw-man argument on Mr. B.

It's hypocritical, and it's a scum tell. It makes me feel very good about voting you.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:43 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

IH wrote: 1.If LML really thinks that he's a worse mafia player than I thought, but I seriously doubt he thinks his arguments are flawless on page 2. This is a personal judgement that you have assessed of him.

2.CES and Fritzler are players known for being extremely agressive. By extremely agressive I mean, they will generally join the largest wagon, and then tell everyone to vote said person.
There's a massive difference between the way I play and the way CES and Fritzler plays. I incorporate logic into my play :P
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:16 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

White wrote:I see. Well, I wasn't being hypocritical. I explained why and you ignored it.

Not only that but you still haven't addressed the "so many reasons" that there are to vote me.
What are the "so many reasons" to vote White???

Because of the fact that you could have answered this and added input to the game and asked some questions, perhaps given your opinion on some stuff. But instead you didn't, i'm going to vote you.

Vote: LoudmouthLee
White:

It's a pity you have made this a personal vendetta. I made a point on you, and you don't like it. I don't like your response. I don't like your play.

Jeez, you make it borderline impossible to like you! I play agressively. If you don't like it, I suggest you avoid me in all future games.

You have done nothing but used logical fallacies (IE: Appeal to Emotion) and failed to alleviate my feelings of "Whitescum"
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:32 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Well... Oversenitive newbie showing scumtells. Do we just ignore blatant tells?
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:03 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

White, I will give you a few options here, because I'm getting a sinking suspicion that we are, indeed, two pro-town players fighting with each other. I have had these types of arguments before (Generally with Thok or PJ, but nonetheless), we get so wrapped up in our own arguments, we fail to see the other side of them.

If you deem it appropriate, I would like for us to "start again" and give each other a chance to make cases on others. If you are pro-town (as I know that I am), I think we're both probably doing the town a major disservice here.

If you disagree and you still want to attack me for the simple reason that I was attacking you, then I can't stop you. Your arguments towards me were scummy by nature. IH's point about your overdefensiveness could be indicative of a few things, and for D1, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

So, wanna start over?

Unvote, White

I need a fresh reread of this game.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:26 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

White wrote:Alright well, in the interest of seeking mafia and trying to keep up relations i'm willing to start anew.

I'll go ahead and re-read the game too just to get a feeling of how things are going and i'll go from there with you. Are you by any chance Aspergers?

Unvote: LML
Why must you assume there's something wrong with me? I mean, God.. You make me not want to play this game.

For the record, I do NOT have Aspergers.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I have tried to keep the peace here, and it doesn't seem to be working.

Mod, please PM me at your earliest convienence.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #12) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:34 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Is there any way that I can handle this correctly? Am I to give you a free pass for everything you've done?

I'm a teacher. I work with various types of Autism on a regular basis. Without you expressing the fact that you have Aspergers, your comment came across as:

1) Insensitive to people with Autism.
2) Insensitive to me.

Without the knowledge you failed to deliver until after the fact, I took it the only way I know how.

Here's my problem with the game. White has been so damn confontational with me (with ad-hom attacks, appeal to emotion, et al) I have not had the ability to sort through this thread. White has taken over the thread. If White is pro-town, he has allowed the scum to hide in the background. I dislike it.

Vote: C-L-A
as he/she/it has not posted a single bit of content in this game. I wonder if CLA is just hanging out, watching White and Myself fight.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #13) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:46 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

es, yes it was.. otherwise white would be dead and he could possibly be town, there is some percentage of him being town and I think it's more than him being scum (if anybody could confirm this that'd be cool) so we had to debate about it so was to be certain that he was/wasn't. Most of the votes on you though are because you continue to post nothing but fluff. You've had one question and that was about the basic mechanics of the game..
This sounds like it's coming from someone who, well, has more knowledge than he/she should.

(if anyone could confirm this...) That's the line that makes me most worried..

FoS: Snix
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #14) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:47 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

Thank god I'm alive.

Roleclaim:
Cop
Result:
: Guilty

Vote: White
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #15) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:48 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

and yes, I know this is lynch and lose. Thank god I know that White's scum.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #16) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:22 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I am the cop. I investigated you. You're guilty.

There's nothing to FoS. White is Guilty. He obviously needed to post his OMGUS vote and try to make it look pretty.. but I am the cop. I got my result.

There is no point listening to White right now (as, if we don't have a doctor)
Doctor: Please do NOT come out
. I will most probably be dead tomorrow.

However, if we have a doctor, and I am protected, we're on easy street (and we'll WIN this game, townsfolk!) Here's how:

If we have a doctor (
Again, Please, do NOT come out
), and the Mafia tries to kill me, I will be protected.

4 alive, 1 scum left.

If I'm protected again (which I obviously would be) and I get an innocent, we no lynch and the Mafia will be FORCED to kill someone else! Leaving me alive as the cop (proven on White's death) and 2 people. One of which I will either have a guilty or an innocent role with.

If we don't have a doc, you need to look back on White's reactions D1, since I will be targeted and killed.

Confirm Vote: White

Let's lynch this scum.

PS: I don't feel the need to make a case on White. I am the cop, and he is scum according to my investigation. Sanity is NEVER an issue in Newbie Games.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (isolation #17) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:22 pm

Post by LoudmouthLee »

LML!! WHO IS MY SCUM BUDDY??? Since you proclaim to know i'm guilty then why don't you help the town and get as much information out of today as you can? What do you lose? Rather what possibly do you gain by speeding through today? You gain the game because you know i'm town. If you were really town you'd want to find out who the other scum was today so you could lynch him tomorrow, not speed through today and possibly lose the doc tomorrow. That's not at all protown.

There is no point speeding through today. I am just alerting the town to my plan. You're definately scum.

To the town (this excludes White, obv)-

I am the Cop. It only makes sense I would investigate White. Think about it. I beg of all of you to look for Cop breadcrumbs. They're there. If I need to spell them out, I will.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #18) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:08 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

It is, wholly possible, that IH is the cop.

I actually wanted to kill white, as if he WAS the cop, I was sure to be investigated.

I didn't get immense cop tells from anyone in this game, so I assumed my read was indeed correct and if White wasn't a cop, no one was.

@PV - I'm unsure how true that is. It's a very dangeous game to play when you are a cop and the false one comes out. One misvote, and as you did, the scum swoops down.

If I were a real cop, I might have not waited. I would have argued that you posted once, didn't claim cop, and then decided it would be wise to counterclaim to save your partner.

Regardless, good game.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #19) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:10 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

I really didn't think you had that strong an argument and you still didn't deal with any of the issues I brought up against you but it seems my blunders in the beginning ultimately killed me in the end.
Even if you would have caught me, White, PV would have killed Snix, leaving you with PV, yourself and IH. I think you would have mislynched there.
LoudmouthLee
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
LoudmouthLee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #20) » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:56 am

Post by LoudmouthLee »

IH wrote:btw, lynching lurkers is stupid.

= | I didn't get a chance to say that before he was lynched.
QFT

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”