Newbie 442 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:03 pm

Post by Snix »

That's very racist.. and racism is scummy

Vote Peter
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:47 pm

Post by Snix »

Haha, we made a vote circle..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:25 pm

Post by Snix »

Yeah, that probably wasn't the smartest thing I did there.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Snix »

And once they have weighed in the OOC's shall decide your fate..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:26 pm

Post by Snix »

unvote

so pete's not at -2, just in case..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:52 pm

Post by Snix »

yeah but you'd still be -2 cause Asian is voting for you..

Also, it was me who started the whole racism thing... sorry bout that..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:39 pm

Post by Snix »

I really think that white isn't really scummy but just proud. I mean you wouldn't want people calling you a Honkey would you? And he made his no -2 decision before IH posted his spiel.

I think jumping on people early, when not everybody has posted real content is mildly suspicious, so
FOS:IH

Maybe we should calm down a bit..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (isolation #7) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:45 am

Post by Snix »

My Thoughts: (because I know you're all dieing to hear them)

IH: You come off as too helpful, I don't know how to explain it you just do. I know it's part of your IC duties but whenever I see anybody that likes to ooze advice... it just seems off. You also seem to have gotten it into your head that White is scum from what? A few jokey comments at the beginning of the game? So what are your real motivations?

Vote:IH
Maybe this will draw a response, maybe it wont.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:57 pm

Post by Snix »

Wow Chormagnum, was that really useful? I mean it was mostly just you spewing hate..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:28 pm

Post by Snix »

Are you saying I am Too Townie?
No, it just seems that you're trying to hard to be helpful, maybe. I'm very skeptical of people being nice.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:46 am

Post by Snix »

IH wrote: Why?
Also take a look at my other newbie games and see if they are any different please.
Because there is no reason for it really, if someone asks you about it then yes but otherwise you don't have to. And I really could care less if in each game you've ever played you posted the entire wiki in the game, I still wouldn't trust you because that was that and this is this game. Different games, different roles maybe.

IH wrote: Wrong. Aggressiveness is not scummy. Not inherently. Aggressiveness is a good way of producing reactions.
Yes, like torturing people. It gets them to talk, and mildly violates them. And maybe it's good for the greater good of say the 'town' but not for the person being grilled. Maybe your attacks would seem more founded if you gave real reasons, i think the only one you gave that didn't stem off of your own attacks was the fact that instead of voting for Peter he just threatened him, i guess. Which yes seems evil, but he was going off the fact that if he were wrong and some newb Maifa speed lynched we'd be in a pickle. (mmm pickle)
IH wrote: Also you don't get to say "you have yet to tell me" when your question is in the same post :Teach:
I think he's going off the fact that I asked you the same question:
Snix wrote:You also seem to have gotten it into your head that White is scum from what? A few jokey comments at the beginning of the game? So what are your real motivations?
And you didn't answer that either..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:42 pm

Post by Snix »

IH wrote: No. Every newbie game for the past... well very many games. Scum and Town.
First of all, it's a null tell at most.
Second of all, it's my Job and duty to teach in this game.
THird of all, it's funner when people know what they're doing.
It may be fun for you to know what's going on but I think it's more fun to figure it out on your own.
IH wrote: So you disagree? Also, if some new mafia had speed lynched, we would not be in a pickle. We'd have one dead scum, because speedlynching is a 0 tolerance policy. You lynch the people who speedlynch/hammer, so therefore scum will not do it.
No, I agree 100% with aggressiveness, as long as there is some foundation to it.

IH wrote: Reading ftw. I already directed you towards the post.
Really? where and when? because honestly I looked through all of your posts and couldn't find it..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:33 pm

Post by Snix »

I wasn't trying to downplay your helpfulness, IH. I was just trying to explain to you my previous post where I said it felt like you were too helpful, by all means continue being helpful I was just trying to explain my feelings..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:24 am

Post by Snix »

IH wrote: Yes, but I don't understand why you think being too helpful is scummy. Clearly voting for me means one thing. You think it's scummy, and that I should stop.
Actually, I never said it was scummy. I said it felt off, (post 42) And I voted for you because you were, in my opinion, failing to bring sufficient evidence against white. It stays there because you didn't truly answer my question, but your change in vote solidifies what I felt to begin with. So,
unvote
. It was more of a pressure vote then anything.

[quote"IH"]
I'm also unsure what you mean by letting people figure it out. I would very much prefer this be a fun game and one that I win. So playing with players who know what they are doing is much more fun than playing with someone who knows nothing.
[/quote]

I just, personally, think it is more fun to figure it out on my own, that's all. So, for it to be fun to me I'd like not to know everything. I understand your want for a fun game too, and that to you it's fun if you win. We just have different opinions about fun that's all.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:09 am

Post by Snix »

Chromagnum wrote:EDBWOP - I know you mentioned you unvoted because he changed his vote... but the fact that he didn't answer your question to your satisfaction is a different reason to unvote...

Or am I missing the point of your pressure vote?
He did, in a sense, by unvoting. He's also, if I interpret what he said correctly, stated that his attacks were foundationless; or at least that the foundation was for knowledge and answers of his own. So I did get answers, in one form or another.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:02 am

Post by Snix »

[quote"IH"]
My vote was not a reaction vote, I moved my voted because White's action's look townie-er to me.

[/quote]
I was talking about your vote on white.. if that wasn't for reaction than I'm pretty sure I've lost my ability to read.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Snix »

My mistake I was going off of your insistence that being aggressive was good for reactions, even if that aggressiveness was unfounded. I just figured your vote on White was part of that aggressiveness. And since aggressiveness = good for reactions I figured your vote was for reactions.

Glad to learn I'm illiterate though.. That'll be fun to work through.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Post by Snix »

Anybody heard from Cheeky?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #18) » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:47 pm

Post by Snix »

It's like a cattle prod, to the face. It means to post, maybe.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:00 pm

Post by Snix »

Peter wrote: Do you suffer from asshole-itis?

What? If I didn't ask, I'd never know! Man, you sure are sensitive if you take that as an insult.
Wow, that was a bit unnecessary wouldn't you think? It didn't get anyone anywhere and was just a personal attack on White. He asked a serious-ish question and then explained that he had Aspergers and was just trying to figure things out. Sure it wasn't very tactful, but it wasn't an all out verbal assault like your's was.

You sorta give me the ''I'm angry at the world'' feel.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:00 am

Post by Snix »

CLA wrote: just to let you know i still exist.
I'm pretty sure we all know you exist, we would like you to post something with content though. Your thoughts on the game so far, why we shouldn't Lynch you because you're very lurkerish, or questions you have for other people.

Vote:CLA
To give you an incentive to talk more
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:48 am

Post by Snix »

Glad that was resolved.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Snix »

Maybe we scared him off with all the heated arguments? He could just be afraid.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:35 am

Post by Snix »

Yeah, I figure he really needs to be replaced rather than lynched just because he could be a really fresh Townie that is just really timid.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:57 pm

Post by Snix »

cheeky-little-asian wrote:and i really don't get it. it only day 1 meaning that we don't really have a lot to work with. so was it really necesary to spent 5 pages on day 1 to argue?
Yes, yes it was.. otherwise white would be dead and he could possibly be town, there is some percentage of him being town and I think it's more than him being scum (if anybody could confirm this that'd be cool) so we had to debate about it so was to be certain that he was/wasn't. Most of the votes on you though are because you continue to post nothing but fluff. You've had one question and that was about the basic mechanics of the game..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #25) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:36 am

Post by Snix »

Well, you did elude to the fact that he might be different based solely on his playing style. But I think you deserve answers and should get them. You have the right to face your accusers and their accusations.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #26) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:40 am

Post by Snix »

white wrote: Snix, there is no way for someone to be able to come up with a percentage that i'm scum vs town as each of my posts can look scummy to one person and town to another.
I was asking for more of a probability that he was cast as scum, like one in three or something.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #27) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:57 am

Post by Snix »

Or was it? yeah It probably was. I just hope we do get a replacement. It would kinda suck to lynch someone and then have almost nothing to go on day 2.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #28) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Snix »

man, I can't till college then, high school makes everything drag on forever..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #29) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:56 am

Post by Snix »

Wow, you're lucky.. I wish I was offered to skip. I'm just too lazy to apply myself..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #30) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:19 pm

Post by Snix »

ha ha, I'm 16 now! Maybe I'll stop being lazy... naw never mind, too much work.

Also, it seems we have Hijacked this thread.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #31) » Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Post by Snix »

wouldn't it be really convenient for us if the scum were just chromagnum and cheeky were both scum? Just a thought..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:07 pm

Post by Snix »

Hey, Sorry about the absence over the weekend, my parents had the wonderful idea of leaving at one in the morning to go to indiana, where I had no acces to a computer.

Also, Wow ClA. If I wasn't voting for you already I would be voting for you now!
That was a really scummy reason for voting me.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:48 am

Post by Snix »

Poor vamp, you just got here and already you've been killed.

Also
FOS:IH
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #34) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:30 am

Post by Snix »

so, without even an FOS you role claim? This means that if white is scum you die the next night and if white isn't scum we lose, right? And you want us to trust you?
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:30 am

Post by Snix »

well I read it, and are skeptical, and you read it, and LML obviously read it..
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 pm

Post by Snix »

white wrote: LML, there has been no suspicion thrown toward yourself and yet you claim. There's been no suspicion thrown on me and yet you claim. Not only this but notice how your scum buddy didn't join you in voting me. Also notice, fellow townies, that i've not been lynched yet. If LML isn't scum then I should be dead because of the two other mafia. But i'm not dead.
You do know that this could also mean you are mafia.. it isn't a one way street. Technicaly, it could be more of an indication to your non-innocence. Because everyone left has seen it and so LML's SB (scum buddy) should have also voted..

Here's the deal.. he claimed.. he said he was cop... in a very un-needed fashion but he still did it. There has been suspicion of you all along from some people. If we lynch you and he was wrong then we're doomed right? If we lynch him and we were wrong we're doomed still, right? So either way we're screwed if we're wrong.. And he did claim cop. Which means I'm more inclined to follow him.
vote: white
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:13 am

Post by Snix »

Your Scum buddy could be Peter or IH, we don't know. And if LML is cop then the answer will show itself tomorrow. I'm willing to trust him, it was a brash thing to do but if it works I'll commend him for it.

You could claim doc or cop, it would just help confirm my suspicions.

It isn't 'more inclined' it's more like gut feeling mixed with logic. If he were scum you'd have three votes on you and be gone right? Because for scum to win they have to work together, and so far it doesn't seem that way. On the other hand if you were scum you'd have the current votes you do because A) you're not going to vote for yourself and B) Neither is your buddy.

Yes all this logic does hinge on the fact that I'm town. But sense I know that it works for me. Don't point it out, because I just did it for you, white.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:58 am

Post by Snix »

Wow, I killed the town didn't I?

I was Doc BTW. I chose IH first night because I figured he would be the first gone, him being so helpful. Why'd you pick Vamp instead? I never got that and it kinda threw me towards IH being scum.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:48 am

Post by Snix »

I feel so used... I'm taking sign-ups to hit me over the head with something.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”