Newbie 1397 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #594 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:16 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Greetings all, I'm your new IC and also the new Chkflp.

I'm sort of like old Chkflp as far as alignment goes, but add a beard and make him sexy.

Now I get the fun of deciding how to treat a replace in for a Newbie game...should I do the 'standard' replace in, or should I force you to deal with a 'non-standard' one for kicks?
Hurm...

Wow, lookit that, 24 pages.
I feel too lazy to read any of it.
Who should I sheep?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #595 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 576, DeasVail wrote:
Vote Count 2.07

chkflip (3)- Justice, Sakura Hana, Slaine Hayes, Nani
NicCage (2)- homertve, Dyslexicon
Slaine Hayes (1)- NicCage
Sakura Hana (1)- Nani

Not voting: chkflip
:lol:
Oh, this is funny.

Okay, so one scum in Justice/Sakura/Slaine/Nani
The other three are all likely town.
Bet money on it.

@Scum - guess what, the easy mislynch just left, how ya feelin' now?

@Everyone Else - I do still need a case to sheep - I'm being lazy here.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #597 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 596, homertve wrote:I can't say I like this style of entering as a replacement. I don't expect you to read 24 pages at once, but I do expect you to at least try to do some catch-up.
Why don't you catch me up, then I'll be caught up and *also* not need to read 24 pages. Win-win!
In post 596, homertve wrote:Your predecessor was lurking for a long time, then, after some posts and something Sakura said he decides to replace himself out. That doesn't look very good.
Why not?
In post 596, homertve wrote:Nani's vote did place you at L-1, btw,
I am aware, I included that in my notes.
I may not have read 24 pages, but at least when I do read I pay attention. ;)
In post 596, homertve wrote:if there was one scum among those four, and if you aren't scum yourself, it was pretty easy for the second scum to just lynch you based on this entrance alone.
Maybe so.
Why is my entrance scummy?

Also, who is your top scumread and why don't you want me to vote them?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #600 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 598, homertve wrote:My top scumread is Nic, and as much as I want him dead, there could be a chance that you are a scum and nic isn't one. That's why I don't like your entrance. It doesn't give me enough information on your alignment. If you were actually reading you would have some opinions and with that I can work.
I've already expressed opinions - how many do you need to me to have and in what timeframe?
Also, why is Nic scum?
In post 598, homertve wrote:When I'm replacing in to a game with lots of pages, I try to read them all. I try to analyze people's posts. If I weren't doing so I would feel lost... unless I was a scum, of course. When replacing in as a scum you wouldn't need to read that game's history.
That doesn't make any sense - scum need to read a game to fake scumhunt just as much as town needs to read it to real scumhunt. Clarify this?
In post 598, homertve wrote:About your predecessor's replacement timing: He could have done it when he wasn't here for days. Why did he decide to do it after posting some messages? (I do not expect you to answer that; It's just the reason I don't think it looks good)
Why would he do it as scum after posting some messages and not town?
Because I don't care how it looks, I care why you think it looks "not good".
In post 599, Slaine Hayes wrote:Welcome, Thor. I hope you will be more active than a predecessor.
By the sounds of it that will not be hard.

Why did you unvote me if you think my slot is scum?
Why do you think I'm scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #601 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:37 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: Slaine Hayes

Curious to see how this plays out.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #602 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and hey, look, more opinions.
Darn shame I haven't read the game - so it's impossible for me to have opinions.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #612 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 603, Slaine Hayes wrote:I unvoted you because chkflip stated to not allow him to lurk. I had some questions about his voting patterns, but not enough to place a vote and he never discussed the matter with me or anyone else. My vote was in the hopes that he would see a little pressure and begin posting as he promised numerous times. With you replacing in, I hope we will not have issues with lurking.
So you voted this slot simply because it was lurking?
As in, you were going to help lynch this slot, not because it looked scummy, but because it was lurking?
In post 603, Slaine Hayes wrote:So...you haven't read the game, and are voting me? I am curious to know your reasoning behind that, if you have no information on the game up until this point.
I've got information in the game - I've been reading the posts on this page.
In post 606, homertve wrote:You don't have to be sarcastic.
Good point, I don't *have* to be... :wink:
In post 606, homertve wrote:Nic is tunneling me without any good reason. He doesn't have any case on me beside meta and the fact that I didn't say much or had reads in the early stages of day 1. This is another reason why I think you should read. You can't trust my word on that, nor nic's word on that.
I can probably trust one of your words on that. Besides, if someone lies to me than the rest of the town should be able to point it out and we'll lynch the liar.
Is his meta case on you good? Meta can be a good case.
In post 606, homertve wrote:No, he doesn't need to read to fake scumhunt. He already knows who's scum and who's town, so he can just look at his wagon and "decide" that one of those is a scum and the other must be town.
Town can do that too - are you saying that, by definition, a player will be lazy when scum and proactive and hard reading when town?
In post 606, homertve wrote:I didn't think about it. You're probably right that it's a null-tell.
Why did you think it was a scum tell?
In post 606, homertve wrote:Sarcasm, again. Why do you feel the need to do that?
It makes me feel important and be a lion in bed with the ladies.
In post 607, Sakura Hana wrote:I like your entrance [Thor].
Why? All I've done is be sarcastic and, functionally, do an OMGUS vote. What do you like about it?
In post 607, Sakura Hana wrote:Will prob. vote someone later, but since you're doing way better than chkflip didnt feel fair leaving my vote on you.
Why did you think chkflip was scum?
Or were you also going to lynch him for the obvious scumtell of not caring about the game?
In post 609, Sakura Hana wrote:@Thor: Nani is scum, I am town, Majiffy's flowchart says to sheep you to win. What do you make of this?
Why is Nani scum?
I was kinda feeling slight town on that slot. It's not a strong read though, I can be sold the other way.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #613 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:27 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 608, DeasVail wrote:
Replacing Justice.
Also, look at this fascinating evidence.
Here is a player who was clearly just as lurktastic as Chk (probably more so, considering he flaked and didn't request out) and how many votes does he have on him?
And people really want to claim *my* wagon being called scum driven is lazy scumhunting? (looking at you Homer avatar dude)
:lol:
Oh man, this is too easy sometime.

So I'm confirmed town now, pretty much. What else is exciting and happening?
People should give me some cases to sheep though - it's getting to the point I may have to start scumhunting, and no one wants that.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #615 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:34 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 614, Sakura Hana wrote:So you HAVE been reading the thread, good to know.
Also about Nani scum:
Only since I replaced in, so there are 23 pages I haven't read.
Probably never will.

Can you show me an example of a fake question that was already answered from her?
Also, what's your read on Slaine?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #617 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Thor665 »

Strong lean or wussy lean?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #619 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:50 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 616, Sakura Hana wrote:Example 1:
Example 2:
So why would scum him read things you said, and then lie about forgetting them?
Is your logic that he is scum and isn't reading the thread at all or something?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #621 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

Why is her lurking scummy? We have, apparently at this stage, three different players who are 'lurking' so, by definition, at least one is town.
Also, I'm not sure I feel that the contribution is 'pretend' I'm not going to say it's 'good' but that's a different matter.

Why did Nami need to pretend contribution like this? Just a desperate attempt to mess with you and get you lynched while Nami is voting other people or something?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #624 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:31 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 623, Sakura Hana wrote:Idk why she pretended contribution, but i don't know why town would need to pretend to contribute, but I find it odd that's exactly the things
I
already mentioned the ones she pretended to focus on, even telling me "Stop avoiding my question". See now why i find her suspicious?
I don't see any reason for scum to choose to do that though.
I think you have accurately shown that she is either not reading the game well and/or is very forgetful.
That said, why pick a fight over that if you're scum and skimming?

I don't want to call the slot town, as it is in my suspect pool currently, but I don't think your case is as good as you'd like to believe - especially for Day 2.
If this was Day 1 I'd sheep you, but at this stage we need something a bit more concrete than that - I need a motive.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #626 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

I have been asking for people to get me to sheep them.
When we get to the stage I want sheep I'll let you know.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #629 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:35 am

Post by Thor665 »

I agree with you on basically all those reads.
I need a case to sheep though - hook a brother up.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #637 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 633, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 613, Thor665 wrote: So I'm confirmed town now, pretty much. What else is exciting and happening?
No. Because no.
There was definitely different flavors to your slot and Justice, not necessarily alignment-wise.
Like what?
Because I'm pretty sure he's town - which makes the race on me because I'm more of a threat - ergo; town. It's not complicated.
In post 633, Dyslexicon wrote:I'd say go for it, it's a good read. I'd definitely recommend reading the end of D1, was a pretty weird lynch, quickly changed from Homer to a replacement that was painfully noobish and said some weird stuff. Like four votes in four posts, after Homer had claimed.
What did you learn from that period?
In post 636, NicCage wrote:Feeling lazy on making a case. I'll try to get around to it tonight
Better hurry, I'm pretty sure Homer is obv. town.
That's what I got from reading Dyslexia's wall.
Go figure :shrug:

Now if only he and Justice would show up and be *pro*-town in addition to just having a good role PM, that would be sexy.
I mean...not as sexy as my beard, natch, but at least as sexy as, say, other bearded and sexy men who are not me.
I also would like to point out that all of you should read my posts in the voice of Sean Connery.
Not because I sound like him, but because I want to.

Still no cases to sheep - what the hell?

@Dyslexia - you have a case on anyone? I want it, I desire to sheep you - rock my world already!
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #649 (isolation #16) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Wilma - what's your take thus far?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #658 (isolation #17) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:58 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 651, Sakura Hana wrote:Thor665: Have you read the whole thread yet?
I thought I had openly claimed that I intended not to.
I'm pretty sure I declared that.
In post 652, NicCage wrote:Hey Thor you wanted someone to sheep, I made you a case. I am not hearing any baa's, so you must not like it
Yeah...leaning 'no' right now. It doesn't feel bad per se', but I am not sold on it making a scum case.
I still think I'm leaning town on him - mostly I thought the way he approached the fight between Nani and Sakura was townish because he was open to the idea both were town. Too often I see scum players go with the ol' 'well, *one* of them must be scum' approach. Makes me feel townish on him.

If he keeps lurk-a-derping we can just speed lynch him for lulz though.
In post 653, Nani wrote:Wait, if there is one scum in Justice/Sakura/Slaine/Nani and all the other three are all likely town, where the hell is the other scum?
You misunderstood 'other' allow me to clarify; I think there is *one* scum in those four, and therefore *three* of the are town.
In post 654, Nani wrote:Was about to get lynched on D1 but your predecessor unvoted and then the wagon died. Justice barely posted but when he did he used long meh posts, chkflip was more a one-liner and promissed to cathup post.
Do you think Justice is town?
In post 654, Nani wrote:
Thor wrote:I think you have accurately shown that she is either not reading the game well and/or is very forgetful.
Or that I want clarification on what I am asking. Is this seriously hard to understand?=
Yes, it is. If you want clarification of the question then you don't ask the identical question again - you specify that you are *aware* of the answer and then point out what it is that is confusing you about it and request clarification.
If you just ask the same question again then you get the same answer and leery sideways glances.
Is that so hard to understand?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #660 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why? That would take away from my sarcasm time.
Besides, I already seem to have at least as many solid opinions as most of the game (and more than...well, at least 2-3) so I'm already ahead of the curve.

Who is your second suspect after Nani?
Also, considering your issues with Nani, why did you ever vote Chk?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #662 (isolation #19) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:12 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Do you have a read on Slaine?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #664 (isolation #20) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Why? He looks fairly useless to me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #667 (isolation #21) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So you agree with me that you're useless?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #670 (isolation #22) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 668, Nani wrote:I tend to agree here, so what does this make you think of Slaine?
I don't know - what did he do that applies to that?
In post 668, Nani wrote:He is still on the pool suspect from day 1, basically from dislike of his excuses and lurky status. I would have liked an answer to my last post directed at him, though since the reasoning of that role power speculation was probably to be indicative of alignment. Then he got replaced so I'm basically waiting for Wilma content. What do you think of that slot?
I think it's town.
I've said so on a number of occasions already.
In post 668, Nani wrote:Ok, I think pointing out confusing stuff would have helped there, the thing that bothers me is why is this such a big problem for Sakura, to the point of using "annoyance" as a scumtell.
It makes sense to me, here's the conversation from her end;

Sakura - roses are red.
You - What color are roses?
Sakura - roses are red!
You - I was looking for clarification!
Sakura - Whut?
You - So what color are roses?
Sakura - I fething hate you.

You appear to not be reading anything and are asking her the same thing over and over when she's already answered it. That would annoy me too. Why shouldn't it annoy her?
In post 669, Slaine Hayes wrote:Thor: No, I do not agree with you. I post when I can and include all of the information I have. Like it or not, it's what I've got.
So why offer to leave?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #672 (isolation #23) » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

So why offer to leave?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #687 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 673, Wilma wrote:What benefits are there in not reading the game and jumping in where it is at, and would you advise others to do the same?
The benefit is that people immediately start getting reactions and input from a slot that has been inactive.
Also, I think it is beneficial and good to shake up the town by demanding explanations of things that have gone before from multiple players - things that normally wouldn't be discussed because 'everyone' already knows about them.
I would advise others to do it if they think it will help them scumhunt.
In post 673, Wilma wrote:@Thor. I could spend days finding and reading games you have played to try to see how you play different alignments, but I will follow your lead and be more thrifty with my time. Could you please explain how you behave as town, and how you behave as scum? How do you think we could tell the difference?
I play my scum game to mirror my town game. If I thought there was any difference between my town and scum game I would have altered my scum game already to remove said difference - therefore, to the best of my awareness there is no difference. Over the years there have been a number of players who claimed they could read me. None of them appear that accurate in calling for my lynch, so I suspect they're all wrong. I have been described as very difficult to read.
In post 677, Wilma wrote:Dyslexicon – The most townish, levelheaded, presses for answers and challenges fixed thinking in others. The one who kept his cool in the Day1 lynch vote kerfuffle.
If only one person 'kept their cool' during the Day 1 lynch, why does that make them likely town? Clearly a lot of other town players didn't keep their cool - so why is it a town tell?

@Nic - was Homer a lurksack as town?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #689 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:40 am

Post by Thor665 »

Do you think he's being a lurksack in this game?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #692 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Nic - do you think his V/LA is faked, or do you think the lurking is endemic even when he is here, or both, or neither?

@Sakura - I don't know, maybe you've finally solved the Thor puzzle and spotted differences in my game?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #697 (isolation #27) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 695, Dyslexicon wrote:I lean town on both of you though, but not confirmed, cause only flips confirm^^
Many things besides flips confirm. Even in Newbies.
In post 695, Dyslexicon wrote:What town motivation do you potentially see for your slot to leave a vote on Raptor?
Well - probably that he found the slot scummy and wanted to vote them.
What scum motivation do you see for it? Because scum usually like to justify their stances a bit more so they aren't called on having weak votes.
In post 695, Dyslexicon wrote:I think I'd want a lynch among Nic, Homer (but I'm really unsure where I stand between them) or maybe Sakura.
Why Nic?
Also - why not Slaine?
In post 695, Dyslexicon wrote:Still like to hear what you get out of the lynch on D1, plz read plx. Solid opinions =/= right opinions.
Currently from your replay all I get is that maybe we should consider you for scum.
I've got nothing else at the moment - maybe if I get incredibly bored I'll go read it.
Don't hold your breath.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #700 (isolation #28) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 699, Dyslexicon wrote:Don't really see any strong scum or town motivation. It is in towns interest also to explain their votes though.
That's not desperately true.
It sometimes is - and sometimes it isn't.
In post 699, Dyslexicon wrote:I explained this in what I wrote to Slaine I think. Plus, he read me as "town for sure" after D1 based on me keeping my cool, which contributed to my read on him. Also, Slaine is a suspect, but reading through something stopped me writing him. One of the things making me hesitate with Homer is that he's said something I also feel in this game, that it's a lot of people acting weird, and I have a hard time getting reads. It's rather vague, but don't think I can explain it better. I'm very curious to see his flip though, and I don't actually think Nic's points about him are bad.
I see a lot of talking without actually saying anything here.
In post 699, Dyslexicon wrote:That would be reasonable if you don't know my alignment. I'm not though.
Also, want to elaborate on what you find suspect or unclear?
Why should I need to - you just agreed with me that it makes sense to find you suspect - so clearly you understand that you look scummy.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #702 (isolation #29) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

The reason I think you could be scum is because I think that Justice is town.

I don't feel confident enough in my read on Nic to speak much on it - I would basically put him down as null with a gut town leaning and a logic scum leaning. But I like you and Slaine as scum more than him at this stage. The worst i have for him is his danciness around the Day 1 lynch - nothing else is twigging me.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #707 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:24 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 705, Dyslexicon wrote:
In post 702, Thor665 wrote:The reason I think you could be scum is because I think that Justice is town.
What do you mean by this?
I mean what I said. Which part confuses you?
D'aw, Newbie game :lol:
What I mean is 'I'm pretty sure both scum weren't on the Day 1 wagon'
Oh, hey, look, that mostly leaves you and Justice (and, with a squint, Nic - who wanted to be associated with it for some reason)
In post 705, Dyslexicon wrote:Alright. I don't know about Slaine other than rather fence sitting and careful, but with logicy logic, but anyone could do that. I'm interested in why you see a connection (?) though.
Between you and Slaine? I don't think I claimed there was one.
Y'know, other than both of you being scum maybe, natch.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #709 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:52 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 708, Nani wrote:Dude, plz stop asking questions that already have been answered. TIA.
Dude, if it ruins your chill skip over my questions, bro-heim.

Do you think Sakura believes what she's accusing you of isn't a scumtell?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #726 (isolation #32) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 710, Nani wrote:her reaction to my fight with sakura.
Which was...?
You're supposed to take the hint and reveal the whole read and situation - not force me to play twenty questions with you to get to the same endpoint.
In post 710, Nani wrote: Sakura - Thor is scum because reasons.
(posts happens?
You - Wait, why is Thor scum?
Sakura - I already answered that!
You - I was looking for clarification!
Sakura - Whut?
You - Why aren't you asnwering?
Sakura - I fething hate you. You are scum.

And even if I were retarded and asked the same thing over and over, why does this make me scum?
1. If you really believe that's what went down provide me quotes to prove it.
2. I never said it did make you scum - I said her issue with you was justified.

You going to vote Slaine now?
In post 712, Nani wrote:
In post 709, Thor665 wrote:
In post 708, Nani wrote:Dude, plz stop asking questions that already have been answered. TIA.
Dude, if it ruins your chill skip over my questions, bro-heim.
it ANNOYS me to the point I REALLY THINK you are scum /sarcasm.

So stop lurking /more sarcasm

I should probabbly forget that you are active posting and attack you because YOU ARE LURKING AND PRETEND TO POST BY ASKINJG QUESTIONS ALL OVER AND OVER AGAIN /dies of sarcasm
Whut?

1. The initial question wasn't even addressed to you.
2. The person it was addressed to answered the question because he recognized it as a legit question.
3. Whut?
In post 718, Dyslexicon wrote:How sure are you of this pattern analysis? Why exactly don't you think both scum was on the Raptor wagon, and does that only count the final vote count and if so all of these?
:neutral:
1. I am sure enough of this pattern analysis to call you scum over it - feel free to translate that into whatever arbitrary word of sureness you'd like.
2. I don't think both scum were on the Raptor wagon because I don't think they needed to be.
3. It counts the final vote count with an awareness of Nic's odd activities being noted. As I've already indicated to you.
In post 718, Dyslexicon wrote:However, as town, would you really go for a lynch of some newly incoming noob replacement after seeing four votes in four posts without very much if any explanation instead of a claimed VT and not so townie spot? Cause that was what it was like for me.
I don't know what I would have done then. I wasn't there.
I don't see it as particularly town suggestive though, if that's what you're going with - I can see scum and town motivation in what you did and you don't particularly look that townie to me in any other respect.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #727 (isolation #33) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:38 pm

Post by Thor665 »

ATTENTION TOWN PLAYERS.

We have 4 days till deadline.
I would like to have *at least* 48 hours to debate any claims prior to a lynch.
So what say we man up and get someone to L-1 with a hammer intent?

Nani
Sakura
Slaine

All your votes are currently useless. Either start making *amazing* cases on your chosen target, or move somewhere useful.
Sheeping me is allowed.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #729 (isolation #34) » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Thor665 »

No intent to hammer.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #742 (isolation #35) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:59 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 730, Dyslexicon wrote:Need reread. I'd me more happy with Homer or Slaine is my feeling now.
Vote Slaine?
In post 732, Wilma wrote:
In post 707, Thor665 wrote: What I mean is 'I'm pretty sure both scum weren't on the Day 1 wagon'
Dyslexicon was holding to the Homer wagon and Justice (my slot) was AWOL at the time. Nic wasn't on the wagon at hammertime either, though he did hop onto it, twice.
Yes.
And?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #746 (isolation #36) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Sakura - why are you against clarifying the specifics of why the read changed?
That appears to be a very valid question.

I even agree with you that 'reads changed' is a valid defense and that their point against you is silly - but I have no idea why you couldn't just explain *why* reads changed.
?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #752 (isolation #37) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 751, Sakura Hana wrote:If you show me a Town game and a Scum game of his to compare then I might agree with you, but you haven't so your meta read is biased.
Do you think he's playing different than the viewable meta in those town games?
If 'yes' why do you think he changed his observable town meta here?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #755 (isolation #38) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

But if you think as town he tends to do 'this' and then in this game he isn't doing 'this' why is the meta so objectionable to you?
You may disagree with the core conclusion, but I fail to see an evil misrep from Nic in that case.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #764 (isolation #39) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 761, Slaine Hayes wrote:Thor: You seem convinced that I am scum and are trying to convince others to vote me for apparently no reason other than I am "useless". I'd like to know why you think I a scum with a better argument.
Don't think i need one.
Wilma/Justice looks like town.
I don't think scum Nic would go out of his way to try to fake a hammer on town - no real gain to it.
Therefore I think you're scum.
In post 763, Wilma wrote:You’ve given Homer as likely town before. Is that still the case?
It's not like he's been around to change my opinion, so yes.
In post 763, Wilma wrote:I think there’s likely to be scum among Nic/Homer/Slaine with Slaine being least scummy to me at this stage.
Are these just randomly your top three scumreads, or is there a deeper logic behind the list?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #766 (isolation #40) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I have discussed that already in thread at least twice.
Which parts confuse you?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #767 (isolation #41) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'm going to go ahead and lob 'not reading thread' as another reason people should sheep me on Slaine.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #769 (isolation #42) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Thor665 »

1. I'm honest about what I've read and haven't read. WOuld you like to admit to not reading the thread? Is that where this is going?

2. I described why I think it paints him as town...and then that paints you as scum. And, yes, I've discussed that multiple times. I even discussed it about a page or two ago, so...y'know...work on the fake reading a bit.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #771 (isolation #43) » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Dys isn't voting you and I am not sheeping Nic's reasons.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #774 (isolation #44) » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 772, Wilma wrote:When Homer is back from V/LA, we should see what he has to say.
He is scheduled to show up basically just the day before deadline - why should we wait till then to try to solve this problem?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #805 (isolation #45) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:09 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 803, Dyslexicon wrote:Thor, Why do you read Homer as town?
Early VT claim paired with trying to break up a fight - neither strike me as likely scum actions.
Why do you think he's scum?

AT EVERYONE - we are not in a good situation here to achieve a lynch.

I'll help lynch Slaine and Dys - I will begrudgingly help lynch Sakura or Nani, but think neither is that good. I will not help lynch anyone else.
Currently the Slaine and Nic wagons are the biggest - make some value calls.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #810 (isolation #46) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:17 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 809, Dyslexicon wrote:I don't see him claiming as alignment indicative.
Why not?
In post 809, Dyslexicon wrote:The other point is more valid, it is not something scum wouldn't do though, especially if his potential scumbuddy is in the mix.
It is still an unlikely newer scum move.
In post 809, Dyslexicon wrote:I think your suspicion on me built on the assumption of there not being two scum on the Raptor wagon is kind of lame.
I find your play kind of lame, but that's just name calling.
Also, last I checked, I was voting Slaine, and yet you can't help but keep bringing this up - it hardly sells me different on you.
In post 809, Dyslexicon wrote:This game and also that lynch has been a lot more complex than that.
And yet I'm almost the only player with a case involving the Day 1 lynch.
Go figure.
In post 809, Dyslexicon wrote:Also, you said me not joining didn't suggest me as town, but actually I think me trying to stop it does.
I would rather disagree with that. It could also be scum you trying to get credit for stopping it, and Homer is town also and now you have him as the 'correct' lynch from yesterday.
Tell you what, vote Slaine, if he flips scum I'll maybe look at you less.
Homer lynch isn't happening today - that's pretty clear.
In post 809, Dyslexicon wrote:I don't really like the steady flow of suspicion towards Slaine throughout the game.
Before I started it, who advanced Slaine as scum?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #814 (isolation #47) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 811, Dyslexicon wrote:I think what you say about me trying to stop the Raptor lynch applies here too though.
Not at all.
In post 811, Dyslexicon wrote:If Wilma is town this analysis of yours isn't good at all. Unless you are scum. That's why I mention it.
The read is predicated on the idea Wilma is town - so I don't even know what you're saying here.
In post 811, Dyslexicon wrote:Chkflip did it first I think. Later Homer. However my point is more of a feeling of steady suspicion against the slot frome everyone (except Sakura I think, although she seems to maybe have changed her mind now).
So...basically only me and Homer.
And then when I started selling it better than Homer or Chk, both of whom are lurksacks, suddenly other people noticed it.
Shocking and strange indeed.
In post 811, Dyslexicon wrote:What's your feels about Sakura?
Don't have a strong one - possible scum.
In post 813, homertve wrote:if he was scum, he would try to help nic and others lynch me.
If I was scum - easy lynch is the Nic lynch, not the Homer lynch.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #815 (isolation #48) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:39 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Homer - your top two scum reads and top two town reads.
Go.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #934 (isolation #49) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nani seems more lynchable.
Homer seems more town.
Sakura seems to want to be policy lynched for being terrible.

That's all I got from about four pages.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #936 (isolation #50) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:29 am

Post by Thor665 »

Quick sheep after Sakura's self-vote derp.
Basically, if Sakura is town that's an *excellent* moment to be able to justify voting her.

Didn't you think Sakura was town? Why don't you give me your read of that self-vote derp-fest?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #938 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

You can't?
Why not?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #940 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 am

Post by Thor665 »

I think it's a null tell.
Why is it a scum tell?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #957 (isolation #53) » Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 948, Nani wrote:
In post 940, Thor665 wrote:I think it's a null tell.
Why is it a scum tell?
I said it was a null tell.

I'm not voting her for that self vote. I'm voting her because of reasons already explained.
Reasons best summed up as - the self vote is her being scum because I saw her do it as town once.
In post 950, NicCage wrote:We are in a really bad place for a lynch. I would not be shocked if we no lynch at this point.
Or we could lynch Slaine.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1307 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:53 am

Post by Thor665 »

I am not ignoring this, it is just I am only posting through iPad and basically refuse to do one of my after game posts typing through this wonky thing. I will respond to all and sundry when my v/la is over.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1309 (isolation #55) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

As promised...

Thor's (patented) Wall o' Post Game Reads!

GamerRaptor
- you were a bit before my time, but I hope you don't feel bad being the Day 1 lynch. There will always be a Day 1 lynch and it's nothing to be ashamed of. That said, it's nothing to volunteer for either. What will serve you the best is to look at the reasons people stated for lynching you and try to understand them. Now, you *don't* need to agree that they are brilliant scumtells, but you do need to ask yourself if they are things you need to be doing, because if they get you lynched as town, and you don't need to do them - stop doing them. It's a value to town to have town players who are not easy to lynch, because that means scum will have to expose themselves more to get mislynches. Be the sort of town that makes scum take risks ;)

Slaine Hayes
- I cannot speak for the others (heck, some were scum, they lied) but the reason I lynched you is you were lukewarm, neither hot nor cold, and that made you difficult to read and thus worthy of removal from the game. I think some of this was due to you being uncertain of your reads, but even if you are uncertain (maybe especially) you should express your reads and try to offer thoughts and ask questions. Brilliance rarely descends from the heavens into our laps, and your goal, as town, is to find brilliance, so get out and go looking for it at all times. It will help keep you and town motivated, and it will make you a harder mislynch.

homertve
- I actually disagreed with the case on you, I thought you were scumhunting pretty well and being fairly townish looking...I think that's one of the reasons I ended up dead. I think what got you dead was that your posts were a bit hard to understand - I understood them, and I thought you were town, a lot of people didn't and they thought you looked scummy. This is a game of written communication and a big part of it is conveying exactly what you mean. You need to pay attention when people are confused by what you say and work hard to make sure they know what you mean, I think it will help your town vibes show through a lot easier if you get them to understand what you're saying.

Wilma
- You played a solid lurk game on the periphery and were caught via claim interaction. I don't have too much to advise you on because you played a risky gambit. If it had worked you would have looked brilliant, if it didn't you would end up dead, this time it didn't. The best advice I have is work a bit more on looking town and a bit less on avoiding notice - avoiding notice will only take you so far, but having people think you're town will help carry you through to the point you hopefully don't need to fake a claim for a win gambit attempt ;)

NicCage
- You played an excellent game, except for deciding to not jail Nani the last night...why? I still don't understand that decision.

Nani
- I feel like you wanted mislynches too much. If you look at your play you were aggressive in helping push through every lynch. Why? You used some rather thin reasoning to do so on a handful of occasions and it didn't look good. Here's my super secret hint for all scum play: town is pretty dumb, and will make bad lynches without much help. Don't force yourself to vote town - just vote people you think look scummy, and allow town to mislynch on their own. They can and will, and you'll look better for it.

Dyslexicon
- You sleep walked through Game Day 2 (albeit partly due to v/la as I recall) but woke up later. You started looking more town when you started posting more ;) The worst I can say about you is you were a little too detached, the best is that you had good logic - I think both of those vibes come from the same place mentally for you though. You may have issues dealing with players who are more passion/emotion focused. Overall I think you played an excellent game that belies your start date.

Sakura Hana
- I think you pretty much won this game for town :shrug: Not much to say to improve on that. I'm glad I dismantled the wagon on you Day 2, but I don't even know why that wagon existed really. I...got nothing, you played excellently. You found flaws, you battled for town reads, and you created consensus. That's what everyone wants to be in their town game, so just, y'know, keep doing that ;)
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1310 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:25 am

Post by Thor665 »

Oh, and I forgot to add;

I'm here for questions, yadda, yadda, yadda.
Any confusions I'll explain, blarggity, blarg, blarg.

Pretty much if you have any questions about your play, my play, or game theory, feel free to ask and I'll answer to the best of my ability.
I think across the board this was a very well played game and you all can draw a lot of good tidbits from it.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1313 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Remind me again which one of the town pointed out how the "cheap jailkeep" showed who was scum again?
I'm trying to remember...starts with an S...something like that...?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1315 (isolation #58) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1314, Wilma wrote:Overall, yes it was a good game, but I don’t think it’s my sort of game. As someone in a discussion thread said, they felt the game made them a better liar in real life and I can see why, so I probably won’t play again. This middle-aged old duck will probably leave it there and thank everyone for the learning experience.
In my experience it has made me harder to lie to - albeit sometimes when people dance around the truth and I drive for it I sometimes realize there is little need for me to be reacting that way.
Sorry it isn't your cup of tea though, but glad you had some fun whilst here.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”