Newbie 11 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 5:10 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

/confirm
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:18 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Willows_weep playing as a newbie? She's played in a number of games with the 'big boys'. So she's lying to us. What else is she lying about?
Random Vote: Willows_weep
For obviously trying to trick the town in a web of deceptions. Or because I have nothing else to do right now.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:02 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

...yeah I know...it was just a fake excuse for an otherwise random vote...my lame sense of humor just doesn't broadcast...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 2:54 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Unvote Willows_weep
and
vote: Feantur
...it's gotten quiet in this little town, and well that's no good. No posting = no fun...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 3:36 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I know, just hoping to stir up *some* kind of conversation...I know every lynch in this game is worth like 3 in a regular, since we have so few people and go to lynch or die very easily...Pie and Willow are unavailable for the weekend...I dunno about the others...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:37 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

well, I voted for feantur because he was the only person who had not said anything today, aside from Pie and Jadesmar. Pie said he wouldn't be here until monday, and Jadesmar already had a vote. With 4 votes to lynch, I think two votes sitting on an inactive player is much worse than 1 vote on two inactive players. The former possibly leading to a quick lynch by a responsive mafia. My vote was to get feantur's attention and have him say something. I've already had bad experience dealing with lack of participation in these newbie games...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:15 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

As wacky said earlier, random votes are rarely truly random. What they do is act as an outlet for following one's intuition which *can* spark communication which I am all for. Sometimes I think otherwise, especially in games where there is no night one, it's hard to find a decent catalyst to conversation. And in games where mistakes by the town are *very* costly because of such a small size as these, having ideas and thoughts shared with the town is helpful. It is because of this though, that random votes should never start a bandwagon; that I am against.
Since he was unexpectedly away, I will
unvote: feantur
because I was really only looking to stimulate his participation.
Personally I like using my intuition on day 1 but only really because I play a *ton* more mafia in RL with my friends and it's a lot easier reading them than trying to read in between the lines of posts, especially of people I don't really know. This is almost like trying to play poker with people in seperate rooms. It's just a different type of beast.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:33 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I find Wacky's vote a bit suspicious. As such I will
FOS: Wacky
Wacky wrote:I can't really find anything vaguely suspicious about anyone at the moment.
And then he proceeds to vote for jadesmar, putting him at 50% of the lynch requirement? I know I deliberatly avoided doing this earlier when I tried to stimulate the lurkers since I didn't want any chance that the mafia jump on and end the day so soon.
The other thing is you could be mafia trying to weasel in impatient townie-newbie votes to end the day and the life of an innocent.
Either way, a fast day 1 would be no good for a town. What we need out of today is information.

In bigger games perhaps bandwagoning and lynching randomly can be tolerated to flush out more information for end game, but with only 7 people, if we lynch wrong today we go to lynch or die tomarrow. I do not want to be in such a more tense position because we were being reckless today. Intuition becomes muddled in paranoia.
Wacky wrote:Bandwagoning is probably better without a deadline around IMO.
Bandwagoning is probably better with a *reason* in my opinion. As such, I would be willing to listen to one.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:29 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I am really sorry I havn't posted in a while, but my math and english finals had me worried and so I had to study...and then this weekend has been stress relieving partying...
So feantur has really like tripped some alarm with these short posts that are few and far between; it almost seem like he's totally ignoring the game...Somehow I don't think it's that he's a bad mafia...i think it is that he just bad at *playing* mafia. I mean in the last newbie game I played in, someone just didn't know how to stay calm which only drew more suspicion onto him, which eventually led to a wrongful lynch.
If feantur can actually put some effort into this game, you know make it look like he cares, and replies with something of substance and continues to actually *play* then I am willing to move on, not to say I am not suspicious of him, I am. But if all he does is post pointless one sentence posts, I would not want him as the 3rd townie in a lynch or die situation(of 5 people)...
I do want to give him another chance which is why I think a 3rd and 4th vote can wait. A full
FOS: feantur
though
You know, I was willing to cut him some slack as a newbie, but I mean how did he find out about this site? I mean, it just feels like the community of people here drifted in from playing mafia elsewhere, so it shouldn't be so totally foreign...maybe I am just being elitist...
And for some reason I am having a hard time keeping people straight in this game, I dunno why...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:19 am

Post by Otaku376 »

willows_weep wrote:Hm that sounds like a speech that would be said while standing on a podium and some sort of flag waving nearby...
Gotta have the men women and children somewhere as well...
umm...i am confused by this post, and I assumed it was about mine. Maybe it's just I need more sleep...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 25, 2004 11:16 am

Post by Otaku376 »

oh pardon me for being blunt and off topic, but willows_weep, are you female? I just mean, I thought you were, but then with the gender thing added you put male, then changed it to female...again confusing me...sorry if this seems rude, I mean no offense.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 30, 2004 9:41 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

After a long wait, some of player interactions started to fade in my memory, so I went through I read it all again. And somehow I feel inadequate with the lowest post count, like the runt picked last in dodgeball, so I am really trying to focus.
While there is a lot of mafia theory discussion going on in here, which can be distracting to the game, it's fair to write it off as helping newbies. Which last time I checked, was what these games are about. And I don't think jadesmar has been particularly notorious of such deeds, he certainly wasn't the first (I would credit Wacky and his short explaination of random vs intuition based day 1 votes) and he also hasn't been using it to avoid suspicions and accusations made on him.
It is interesting to note that jadesmar and wacky had quite the tiff going back and forth about the significance and usefulness of random voting day 1, and also how it has a different effect in these smaller games. Wacky, being a bit more proactive draws some heat from it and debate continues about why people should/shouldn't vote. Things come to a relative standstill, people afraid to vote lest *they* themselves be victims of bandwagonning.
Then feantur does some suspicious post, and *both* jadesmar and wacky instantly vote for him. While logical, it makes me feel slightly uneasy.
Similarly, willows_weep and Pie_is_good have had their own little spat back and forth, based on random votes, activity, etc. Votes and unvotes between the two a number of times.
Finally EnPace, I am not satisfied at all with his explaination. I don't think we were discouraging feantur at all. I know I was trying to *encourage* feantur to play. Again I don't like the whole jadesmar proactively lurking bit.
I am most suspicious of enpace still, but before i vote I wanna sleep on it, reread again and make sure I am not being hasty...In over 2 weeks for day 1, it's funny how little really has been said.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:52 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Umm...yeah, I definitly feel like this whole debate has gotten more intense and a bit exclusive. I didn't like EnPace's original defense but after a lot of thought and rereading I guess it's really anyone's guess to feantur's behavior. SO
The conviction between jadesmar and enpace was a little intimidating though, I kinda felt like anything I could possibly say was just throwing more onto the fire since they seemed pretty deadlocked.
Jadesmar's arguments seem persuasive since I am having a hard time ignoring feantur's deadline comment and then after Enpace's comment about jadesmar wanting a deadline...
So I have been following this game, I just feel like very little has changed in terms of real information in the past couple of (real) days.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #13) » Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:13 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I am still weary of EPR and I really feel these past couple of days have not been the most productive, and part of that is my fault. Most of us sat back and just let jadesmar and EPR go at it. A lot of it was just rehashes of previous arguments "I cannot defend some newbie's mistakes" "All you did was discuss mafia theory" "you wanted a deadline!" and so on. Well now we have a deadline. And now I am trying to make sense of this day 1.
It is interesting that EPR sat with 3 votes on him for over 24 hours, and that Corsato was gonna be the swing vote. Then that totally lost momentum. I am thinking a mafia could have snuck in a last vote using some excuse that EPR seemed scummy based on jadesmar's accusations and that the day has been unnecessarily long (which I feel it has, what with a lack of content). It suggests:
1. EPR is mafia or
2. Both mafia were already on or
3. Laziness
My feelings tell me to look at Corsato. Before the deadline he was thinking EPR was the best lynch target. Now feelings tell him to go after jadesmar more. If he and EPR were mafia, it would be easier to turn the votes towards jadesmar in the hysteria of a deadline.
Maybe I am naive but jadesmar's temper tantrum about quiting if a replacement wasn't found and a deadline was placed made me believe he was innocent. It is still a possibility they are both mafia and this whole thing was a ruse, in which case I think I am gonna be sick.
My guess on the mafia team would be EPR and Corsato. As such I am ready to
Vote: EnPaceRequiescat
I don't like sounding like a hypcrit to my own analysis, but nothing has really changed my mind about him. His behavior has been overly aggressive compared to the way he has participated in other games that I have read, (Don't Be Stupid comes to mind).
I know I am the 3rd vote on him. Please, I would like to hear a defense before lynching him.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (isolation #14) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 4:25 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Huh? Corsato's post makes you want to vote for EPR?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #15) » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:12 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Carelessly picked you off? I don't think so. Wacky was actually being cautious, giving you *more* time to post a defense.
Yeah, I read SoT today and you didn't really do much of anything. Gnome just broke down and admitted to being scum. Not much to argue or analyze about that. Then you died. I believe you only had 2 posts of substance that whole game, so I dunno how that really acredits your playing style.
Yeah, I know I put you at 3 votes which is potentially threatening position, which is why I explicitly asked that I would like to hear you talk before we lynched you. A quick final vote would be suspicious enough, let alone after I clearly marked that a last vote should wait. If you are not mafia, I would think they would not want to draw the unnecessary attention of doing a hasty vote. Plus should deadline come, I'd rather have you lynched than jadesmar, so you can't vote for him and we end in no lynch. I have come to learn no lynch day 1 really is detrimental to the town.
List reasons that you are scum? Are you kidding? Since you've stepped in as replacement that's basically all that's actually been said. Aside from your and jadesmar's shouting match. There's been a lot of pressure on you this whole time, and suspicions have been strong a *long* time.
I think Wacky is agreeing with me on saying that the scum players are EPR and Corsato, since he's willing to vote for you and does not trust Corsato's last post.
Reading your defenses. You complain that no one is reading them. Well there's not a whole lot to read...to paraphrase your posts since I don't wanna bother quoting each one...
1. re-read
2. jadesmar doing mafia discussion therefore mafia?
3. you havn't had time, again with proactive lurking, you can't justify feantur's actions
4. Can't defend feantur's behavior, again jadesmar proactive lurking
5. jadesmar wanted a deadline
6. jadesmar wanted a deadline
7. backing off a bit (because jadesmar obviously did *not* want a deadline)
8. can't defend feantur
9. can't defend feantur
10. Other people have other suspicions?
11. Look in other games i voted for people, I even voted for a mafia traitor once!
12. Why are you guys lynching me? c'mon...
You have brought up some CrapLogic used to attack jadesmar and complained that we should ignore feantur and listen to what you have to say. Yet you really havn't said all that much. And you wonder why we are suspicious.
Multiple FOSs do seem redundant, which is why I am voting for the player *I* find most suspicious. Not complaining that because people ignore me, I don't know what to do. Instead of waiting for us to come to you with questions, maybe you should be proactive. If you *are* town, and we lynch you, it is in your own team's interest that you blow holes in anyone's attacks now, so tomorrow we can look back and try to piece together who the mafia are.
Oh man, I am sorry if I am coming off as kinda a jerk, it's late and been a bit hectic in the RL lately.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:02 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

EPR: ok, it's not that any single one of your posts is totally scummy and slanderous but that, on a whole, you havn't *really* said all that much, which I still find very true and *that* is scummy, especially when you complain no one listens to you. Yeah, I really think people who say they are gonna reread the thread need to be lynched :roll:
But umm...so is it twilight? Or did copious amounts of conversation prolong this month long day 1...not that it would be a problem now that i feel like we're getting *somewhere*...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (isolation #17) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 9:45 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Yeah so I was ready to try and get some info out of Corsato but umm...I guess not. I find it interesting that the Mafia would target him, since it seemed he was under some suspicions yesterday already.
After rereading the thread, I get the worst vibes from Willows_Weep because WW mostly avoided the EPR attack. The only post related was on page 5 and it defends him by saying jadesmar is posting dfferently. WW was not really affiliated with any of the interrogating of EPR...so an
FOS: Willows_Weep
for now.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #18) » Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:20 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

After another reread of the the thread, I was just about to bring up that Wacky never really commited a vote onto EPR which seemed a little suspicious. He did also draw a little early heat for throwing his vote around a little too easily in the beginning. He said he'd put the final vote on him, and never really got around to it. He did not however really push for another lynch. well maybe Corsato, but it was hardly trying to turn the tide of the lynch mob, (unlike Corsato's post). So I am kinda torn. I would like to hear why you, Wacky, never did put that last vote on though.
I find it interesting that Pie uses the reason for my possible guilt (the death of Corsato) as a reason for his innocence. And I could not find any real post where Pie has suspicions of Corsato. All I see are suspicions of WW and jadesmar from yesterday. Point in his favor though is that he kept his vote on EPR when he could've changed to jadesmar like Corsato did.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 15, 2004 9:04 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

The main reason I am having a hard time suspecting Pie or jadesmar is because while for a really long time it did seem like EPR was gonna be lynched, it took the deadline to do it. If either of them were mafia, I think it'd be a very convenient to change sides, Pie in the case of voting jadesmar (siding with Corsato) or jadesmar voting for corsato for his suspicious post. That would have had a great affect with the deadline approaching.
WW: For the record, I think wacky took early heat for throwing his vote around a little to liberally in the beginning, if that's what you are referring to by sketchy vibes. That pretty much got lost once EPR showed up
Personally I feel strangely comfortable that pie is town because I am in the mindset that joining Corsato could've turned the bandwagon around onto jadesmar.
I have had this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that EPR and jadesmar cooked up this elaborate rouse to distance themselves from each other. Looking back, it really doesn't seem like they brought to many serious points against each other. Just the EPR thing got out of hand and deadline slammed down. And in the argument when I believed jadesmar would be partially cleared because he threw his 'temper tantrum' as we sought a replacement for feantur, I thought he would be protown. But with EPR being mafia, it could've been that he didn't want to lose his partner because it was some newbie not playing the game. That is what is really making me reconsider things. I feel all paranoid because it should seem that in such a small game, the mafia would not so agressively be willing to sacrifice another. Rationally a person so stauchly against EPR should not be his partner. But instinctual survival tells me not to trust him all the same.
Speaking of jadesmar, is he one of those weekend nonposters?
I have this strange mix of rationally wanting to believe people and instinctually wanting to be suspicious of them.
WW: Yeah there can be shades of grey and yeah his partner could have considered him a lost cause, but I think voting and especially interactions can give clues as to who was allied to who. It is evidence to be analyzed and to ignore it because there are possibilities that it is not black and white seems a little scummy in itself. I don't feel like I am taking that as my only evidence, only something that got me thinking in directions. The more she posts though, the less different she seems to be acting (based on performances in other games) (more vibrant as Riven has said she is).
PS sorry I missed the party online here earlier tonite.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:53 am

Post by Otaku376 »

WW: is there any gender specific pronoun you would prefer? I use she because WW is 'gender-queer' and that whole thing.
I was reading mini74 and in the after game Riven assumed (correctly) that WW was doc because of she was not acting so 'vibrant'. That's what i meant by my post. I am just trying to get a feel for how other people normally act, and the best way to do that is read completed games (preferably minis since they are shorter). Sorry about being unclear where I am getting outside (and seemingly random references).
Wacky seems to be making me feel better about my paranoid reasoning for not being totally trusting on jadesmar, which makes me feel a little better about my earlier rambling, but I would still want to hear *something* from jadesmar today.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (isolation #21) » Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:11 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

ah yes, the wacky/jadesmar disagreement, I suppose that was main drama before EPR showed up. Rereading it, I do feel like proactively searching for scum more beneficial than being defensive. Otherwise that little scene does not give me much to go on.
Rereading jadesmar's post today though, I don't think anyone mentioned accusations that you had little to go on. It seems more like the argument when EPR was here was an OMGUS kinda thing both ways which could've been scum distancing themselves blown out of proportion. That misinterpretation does not bode especially well.
I was thinking about the fact that Corsato is an experienced player and doing the whole mafai would want to kill experienced players over newbies and trying to unravel things like that as a possibility. Then I realized I am the only real newbie here. At least my title doesn't say townsperson anymore...ugh it's later than I should be up trying to think and be logical...
Getting back to instincts, I wanna take a closer look at Wacky for some reason. The only concrete thing I can think of is that wacky told pie on pg 2 not to be excessively silly, and today called WW a hippie...
But it was more amusing than distracting, I think. I had a laugh.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #22) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:03 am

Post by Otaku376 »

yeah, this is why I shouldn't post when it's really late, harder to articulate ideas...
The whole argument yesterday was about random voting and proactively searching for information. I thought I would mention it since some people only will post info in their own defense.
Ok, so jadesmar has obviously proved me wrong on that one point against him, and for that I apologize.
Anyways, the Riven thing has been discussed and if there are still questions on it, I guess I'll try and answer them again.
I was not saying Wacky has not said anything memorable. I was trying to say why would Wacky call WW a hippie?
And I thought WW found me suspicious. I have been *trying* to participate but sometimes I just feel a bit overwhelmed.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:43 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

ok, what I have against jadesmar is the underlying suspicion that he is feantur's partner. feantur is acting poorly, jadesmar does not want to lose him. In hopes of trying to correct feantur's behavior, jadesmar votes him. EPR steps in, and to distance themselves they argue over empty logic. Everyone else fades out, so they just get louder and louder. Eventually a deadline comes down, and the pressure is on EPR too much, with feantur's poor playing and gets lynched. That's about it. My suspicion on his other post today was proved wrong because I had not read closly enough so that's not a big deal.
Personally, I don't think WW would be so daft as to just kill Corsato on a whim. Of course that candy post does not reassure me. I have read enough games to be comfortable that WW is fairly rational.
The more I think about it, the more it seems like killing Corsato had the double bonus of killing an experienced player and of giving the mafia the ability to try and pawn off who would think of killing the most suspicious player in the night. This became especially clear when mathcam did it (killing me, the rushed swing vote on a lynch) and went on to win in a chat game this afternoon. *That* was annoying, here I was thinking I would live the night because why would the mafia target the most suspicious person :roll: oh well...The thing is, while I have respect for all the players here, I don't think WW, Pie, or myself would have thought of this. It is something that comes with a little more time and experience playing this. If this is the case for killing Corsato, I am fast growing to believe it is, I would think it the result of jadesmar or Wacky.
By the Way, Pie do you have anything to comment today?
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (isolation #24) » Wed Feb 18, 2004 2:16 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Oh I definitly agree that newbies can be more skilled than a simple post count would reveal. I am looking at mafia 12 as a *prime* example of that. I mean, despite some lucky flukes, it's not everyday a player fools MeMe and wins.
I just read newbie 8, a game on Pie, where he was scum. And got lynched immediately. I am not sure what this tells me about him here, but I definitly get a feel that he has a new playing style. I still feel fairly confident that because he never unvoted EPR that he isn't scum, but it is still food for thought...
jadesmar, I am not so sure of you being suspcious, just not cleared. I really am not confident enough to vote for anyone yet. Did you find anything on your readthrough?
I feel like I am just starting to run in circles of logic...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:21 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Wow, you're right. Discussion is slow. 24 hours and no posts.
so we havn't heard from Pie since sunday and he hasn't posted since monday. Can he be prodded?
I know WW is here, i just played 2 games on chat with her.
I know this post isn't saying much, but I am fast running out of ideas to follow. I am mainly checking in I guess. I guess *another* reread is in order.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 12:50 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Wacky wrote:
Otaku376 wrote: *snip* I don't think WW, Pie, or myself would have thought of this. It is something that comes with a little more time and experience playing this. If this is the case for killing Corsato, I am fast growing to believe it is, I would think it the result of jadesmar or Wacky.
By the Way, Pie do you have anything to comment today?
Fair enough argument. I haven't played in any games with Willows_weep that I recall, and the thing about newbies is that they might just be unexpectedly smart.
I dunno if you read that theory but it still seems plausible to me.
And I still feel Pie had ample time to switch "bandwagons" and joined Corsato should he have been mafia. It would've put 2 and 2 at deadline.
As for me, I feel like I put good accusations on EPR and *had* suspicions of Corsato from the previous day.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #27) » Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:38 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

WW: I assume you mean Pie? I am not voting today. If you mean my vote yesterday, please point out where I said that.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:00 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Dragon Phoenix wrote:As I have explained, you are one of the two prime suspects, and that is the reason why I upgraded my FOS to a vote.
This is getting to be a rather boring one-on-one. Where's the rest?
Yeah, I am here, I was actually just gonna post something to the effect that this is reminiscent of the jadesmar/EPR thnig yesterday...funny...
So am I the other prime suspect? Just because I am a newbie and was on the EPR bandwagon?

Ok, well killing off the most suspicious player is a bit of a foolish thing to do, I will agree to that. But it should have been very obvious that I had strong suspicions of Corsato being scum yesterday. Read: I said I thought he was mafia along with EPR.
Otaku376 wrote:My guess on the mafia team would be EPR and Corsato. As such I am ready to Vote: EnPaceRequiescat
While it may be a newbie ish thing to kill off the most suspicious player, I think I had built a good case to push a lynch for him today. I don't think anyone would be *so* clueless as to nightkill a person *they* could get lynched.
On that note, I posted a theory to why Corsato would be killed.
Otaku376 wrote:The more I think about it, the more it seems like killing Corsato had the double bonus of killing an experienced player and of giving the mafia the ability to try and pawn off who would think of killing the most suspicious player in the night. This became especially clear when mathcam did it (killing me, the rushed swing vote on a lynch) and went on to win in a chat game this afternoon. *That* was annoying, here I was thinking I would live the night because why would the mafia target the most suspicious person oh well...The thing is, while I have respect for all the players here, I don't think WW, Pie, or myself would have thought of this. It is something that comes with a little more time and experience playing this. If this is the case for killing Corsato, I am fast growing to believe it is, I would think it the result of jadesmar or Wacky.
Chances are that the cop would likely investigate Corsato as well. Another added bonus that cop loses a confirmed innocent. Clever mafia would love that. Jadesmar or Wacky/nowDP have a higher chance of being able to come to these conclusions sooner (the night ended a lot sooner than deadlined) and can be more convincing to say it was all reckless newbie targetting.
I had mentioned this to you earlier, albeit much more briefly, and you seemed to ignore it. I didn't like that, but you were much more engaged with Pie, so it's not totally unreasonable.
Speaking of Pie, I really felt confident about him being innocent...now he seems to be degenerating and becoming less rational so I dunno...looking back Pie never *really* put good reasoning behind his vote on EPR...
Pie_is_Good wrote:I'm really not very sure that EPR is scum, but I think he's our best bet for now. If anybody else comes up suspicious in the next 10 seconds I will gladly vote for them, but until then I don't find jadesmar quite as suspicious. I'm keeping my eye on you, Jade.
*That* is also not reassuring.
The problem is, Pie has been one of the only people participating recently. Therefore he is really one of the only people that *can* slip up and make a mistake or sound a little irrational.
Wacky wrote: Mafia given the opportunity to post a lot invariably screw up eventually. NOTE: So do townies.
Wacky's right (aside:I hope his myopia heals). And with people like me, WW, and Jadesmar just waiting to respond to accusations it's not fair to say that Pie is most scummy. Right now, he's just most visible.
As for DP, who has been quite eloquent yet aggresive, I am also unsure. Maybe it's the reputation factor but I feel he comes off pretty slick and smooth and a little intimidating. I really gotta get over that intimidation thing.
"In a democracy, the highest position is citizen"
I guess in the end, I am gonna take a closer look at all of Pie's posts, and again reread newbie 8 to get a better sense of his style...consider it a
FOS: P_i_G
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:04 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

damn it all, when I press submit instead of preview. For the record, people voting for scum, even if they *are* newbies, could just be townies trying to lynch scummy players...
...People *not* voting *anybody* at a deadline, not even one who's been under a lot of pressure, or his opposing aggresive arguer, can be seen as just fence sitting and waiting whichever side wins. Which is *also* suspicious. Just a reminder: that would be WW and Wacky/nowDP
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #30) » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:13 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

wacky? you know DP is *replacing* wacky...
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #31) » Fri Feb 27, 2004 2:20 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

feantur did in fact post after my vote. He had been unexpectedly away on a business trip. THEN I unvoted him, because I was willing to believe it then.
It may also be possible for a townie trying to get the town to participate. Have you read my first game, newbie 6?
The death of Corsato has to be taken at face value. A newbie would be sloppy and kill the most suspicious person, an experienced player would be clever and kill a possible cop subject and pin it up as a sloppy newbie mistake. It's circular logic.
What I don't like is that this is basically the third time I have had to repeat this. It's not like anyone has said anything wrong with it, I am not saying Corsato's death cannot be a newbie kill, but it keeps just being ignored.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:20 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

I am confused by WWs post with the "quote" and her suspicions of Pie. Could you just please clarify that for me? as in, what's the quote, and what's the claiming innocent thing?

As far as the cop claim thing goes, I am torn. On paper it seems like a good idea, but instincts warn me to be wary of anything that puts so much trust in numbers. I may be paranoid but with a lack of leads, risking an end game on one confirmed townie to make the right choice (assuming we lynch wrong today, which odds say) makes me nervous. People can be very manipulative.
Of course, rereading the thread, I think I have an idea of our cop already
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 03, 2004 3:53 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Ok, that's a little clearer and I would be willing to withdraw my previous concerns about our cop claiming. I would like to wait for jadesar/replacement's ideas before anything is put into motion though. As you said, we should wait for full consent of the town.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (isolation #34) » Tue Mar 09, 2004 1:45 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

yeah, I am fine with the plan as well. I believe that would be concensus...or as close as we are with WW's apathy.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 09, 2004 4:05 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

the "if no lynch occured this can be extended" deadline seems kinda...silly I guess.

But using process of elimination I am in agreement with Pie and Talitha. And rereading Wacky's stuff, it seems less scummy than it did to me beforehand. The hippie thing still totally throws me off but I don't know what to make of that...
Anyways, unless the cop says otherwise, I think WW is the best candidate to lynch today. Rereading her posts, it seems as if trying to like distract rather than inform the town. Things about candy and posts that sound like speechs...I dunno. I think WW has the most irrelevent posts in this game. While never really setting off alarms before, reading all the posts next to each other strike me as somewhat odd. WW also seems to be the least proactive player, which as I tend to recall is a somewhat classic scum behavior. I might as well
Vote: WW
I don't think I am putting too much to risk with the only vote right now.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:01 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

Well, we do in fact have a deadline looming over us, so why just sit on our laurels waiting for it to appear. I am doing something about it.
Why did I vote for you? Because if anybody had to be lynched right now, you would be my first choice. Plus it is one of the few ways for you to actually get involved in this game. What with your, "I have no suspicions or questions" mentality.
I voted because I didn't want to FOS. Why didn't I just FOS you? Well you yourself found Pie suspicious for just jumping on some sort of FOS wagon on feantur yesterday and I tend to agree. I didn't want to just say "Yeah, i agree" and waste everyone's time. Oh, and I am aware of the conext your posts are in, they are just really weak...Sometimes scum do things that are scummy, just cause they are not super talented "Oh this is so obviously scummy let me do the exact opposite to prove i am town" players. I mean, people tag behavior as scummy because it has a tendency to show up from scum. A tendency.
Sorry for bringing up the candy thing, but it is one of few pieces of tangible evidence of misdriection.
I am a bit weary of Pie's second vote, as you are only one away from lynch, but I have enough confidence that both Talitha and DP are experienced enough, even if they are mafia, not to rush this lynch and bring heavy suspicions upon them. So it's not as bad I suppose.
The OMGUS vote does not inspire me to believe you more innocent.
And obviously, I am not swayed to believe your lynch candidate better than mine. Any more problems with me I'll be happy to address. I'll be searching the game for more questionable stuff from you for sure...so as not to just keep bringing up the candy thing.
Otaku376
Otaku376
Goon
Otaku376
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #37) » Mon Mar 15, 2004 3:28 pm

Post by Otaku376 »

bah!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”