Newbie 1156 - Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #608 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:28 am

Post by DonQuixote »

Currently reading thread, should be up to date sometime today.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #611 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:18 am

Post by DonQuixote »

Not everyone scumhunts the same Rev. You post every thought as it comes to you; others play closer to the chest.

I'm now 100% Read.

I have plaid in a few games on a couple other sites, but prefer not to say anything else as I much dislike metagaming.

My list.

Town:
zMuff, PI, Rev, Adc, myself

Fence:
Shii, ggodie

Likley Scum
PK, numbQ

I'll

Vote PK

Due to posts #50, 167, 185 and 532
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #615 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:34 am

Post by DonQuixote »

His early game play? Noobish at best scummy at worst.

I read him as very town. Tad douchy and even aggressive but none of that makes him mafia, just not pleasant.

PI is very towny at the moment. He was on the theam (early me) wagon and had the chance to hammer for a long duration where no one would have thought him scummy for it.

As for his rampage reactions, not surprised someone would go along with a ruse a person they view as town proposes.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:32 am

Post by DonQuixote »

PI I'm not gonna support a lynch besides PK or NumberQ they are the most likely scum at this momment by a fairly large margin. G could be scum but there's so little to pull from it's hard to tell. Shii is leaning town on me from the previous discussion, I don't think scum would be that non-commital. They tend to be afraid of openly changing their mind.

Don's 611: Ah, yes, very easy to refer to a few posts instead of actually explaining your arguments. I think I see part of the case you have against PK, but I want to hear it from you: what about those posts don't you like? I'd like an explanation of your other reads too. Simply stating your opinions with no explanation does not help town find scum.

That's the point of just directing you too some quotes. I want people to figure out what I'm seeing and then discuss it. I don't believe it's in the town's interests to tell them what's scummy when instead I can show them. I will explain my other reads after we get some more discussion on PK. We have 2 weeks there's no reason not to focus on one person at a time.

Don's 615: No one would have thought Prime scummy for hammering theam? I know I would have wondered exactly why he thought it necessary to cut almost all of our day 1 discussion short. It was stated that a hammer then would not be good for town, so scumPrime had plenty of reason to not hammer then. Plus, why couldn't he have just been waiting for some hapless townie to hammer theam? That way, when theam flips town (under the hypothetical that Prime is scum and theam (you) isn't), he wouldn't have even been on the wagon that did it.

Of course you would. You spent the early game voting theam and trying to set up a double standard where anyone who lynched theam must be scum. You went out of your way to try and set up rev as the next lynch early on. What I meant is, townies wouldn't blame PI for hammering the obvscum.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #677 (isolation #4) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:11 am

Post by DonQuixote »

In post 673, Revenus wrote:"i don't give a fuck" attitudes are generally those of scum who are too lazy to read the game. town cares about finding scum.

Very not true. Lazy=lazy lazy=/= scum. There has been no historic connotation between effort and scuminess.
In post 676, Revenus wrote:btw Don, if you're gonna call anyone scummy, I'd like for you to explain the case on them. 4 posts with "linking" just to PK's posts, with nothing on numberQ screams that you are either as lazy as rampage, or that you don't have a case on them.

Have you read the posts that I pointed out for PK? Do you agree/disagree with what z said about PK?

I also specifically said I'm not going to post my case on NumQ yet as I want to discuss a different player, specifically PK.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #680 (isolation #5) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:33 am

Post by DonQuixote »

In post 678, Revenus wrote:lazy=antitown. being anti-town is scummy. there is correlation between being lazy and being scum. don't deny it.

I disagree with that entire statment. I believe you need to reread some games and learn what mafia tells are.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #687 (isolation #6) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:34 am

Post by DonQuixote »

Rev please dislodge your jaws for a momment

What is your view of what Z has said about PK and what do you think the posts I pointed out are intended for?
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #692 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:59 am

Post by DonQuixote »

I'm not that Quixote. I've plaid on MtgSalvation and Wifom total half dozen games.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #748 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:41 am

Post by DonQuixote »

WoT are not scummy. Scummy WoTs are scummy. Specifically I don't like large blocks of texts that don't actually say anything. Quite happy with my vote.
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #803 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Post by DonQuixote »

DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #813 (isolation #10) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:37 am

Post by DonQuixote »

She claimed because she was at L-1. Not believing the claim. Just waiting for the scum to die at this point...
DonQuixote
DonQuixote
Townie
DonQuixote
Townie
Townie

Post Post #828 (isolation #11) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Post by DonQuixote »

@adc Mine and Theam's claims ate identicle

Z how is your catching up going? Are you still confident that pk is scummy? why

NumQ is PK Townish Or Scummy in light of claim

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”