Newbie 10 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 12:16 pm

Post by araltaln »

(re)Confirmed.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:12 pm

Post by araltaln »

Whatta welcome, a random, misspelt vote. :)
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:47 pm

Post by araltaln »

Well, mathematically, it's extremely unwise to put the second vote on someone in this situation, right?

Since there's probably not much point in adding a sixth single vote either, I suppose I'll hold my vote for now.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 6:40 pm

Post by araltaln »

Well, if there's two mafia in the game, and two innocents are voting for another innocent, that's a bad thing if the mafia are paying sufficient attention, since it takes four votes to lynch.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Post by araltaln »

Well, except for the fact there's 7 of us :) Perhaps you're thinking of Mini #73?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:02 am

Post by araltaln »

araltaln wrote:Since there's probably not much point in adding a sixth single vote either, I suppose I'll hold my vote for now.
I don't know that that's calling much attention to the fact I haven't voted, but I did at least mention it. Then again, you said pretty much the same thing in your only other post, so neither of us are really concealing it. I'd suggest that the vote was more for lurking, except you aren't the only one who had only posted once before Kerplunk's comment.. in fact, Kerplunk had only posted once that. The point is, too many people are being quiet for them all to be mafia.

Kerplunk, I know there's not much else to go on, but because of this that does seem like rather shaky logic to me.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:26 am

Post by araltaln »

I think Yoko just didn't want to cast the third vote on Norinel, and thought that only Kerplunk was voting for Norinel, not that both of you were.

Of course, I don't know this for sure or anything, but it seems a likely enough interpretation. *shrugs*
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:07 am

Post by araltaln »

And a great silence fell across the town...

In other words, where'd everybody go? :?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:28 am

Post by araltaln »

Believe me, I posted exactly when I wanted to post :) But really, we got confirmations that quickly, and since then half the town have only posted twice each? *shrugs*

I realize there's not much to discuss without having had a night first, but then could we either lynch someone or decide that we aren't going to lynch anyone?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 1:19 pm

Post by araltaln »

I dunno, a town with a doctor with a good idea of who to protect could be better off with a no lynch.. then again, if the doc knows who to protect, why can't the town figure out who to lynch, or at least come up with a decent guess? :P

I was going to vote Bloojay here (for the same reasons Yoko had given), but then my roommate distracted me and there were 3 more posts by the time I got back. *cheers*

Unfortunately, that means I'm down to not many people to vote for again :/ I think you might, in fact, be reading too much into that, Norinel, but then again I can't imagine I'm the best judge of that yet :)

*wanders off to think about it*
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:57 pm

Post by araltaln »

I'm not going to be the one to finish off Yoko yet, even if this will look rather bad for me if Yoko turns out to be scum :/ Yoko doesn't feel scummy to me, I guess, and other things being equal, I'd rather not lynch one of the more active players, you know?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:02 am

Post by araltaln »

Ugh :P Pfischer, I'm willing to wait up to 24 hours to hear what you have to say, but currently I do find you to be more suspicious and will vote for you if you're silent/unconvincing.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 10:13 am

Post by araltaln »

*looks into his heart* Outlook cloudy, try again later.

Honestly, though, I'm almost more suspicious after your post than I was before it :/ One last try before I accept I'm going to have to lynch you? Preferably worded more clearly?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #58 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:57 am

Post by araltaln »

Er, you haven't actually been speaking out all that much, really :P However, you have convinced me that I'm probably better off voting for someone else :)

On that note,
Vote Bloojay
, in an attempt to get more people talking again.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:06 pm

Post by araltaln »

Quite frankly, the only reason I'm voting for Bloojay is a lack of posting here combined with posting elsewhere; I don't intend for this to go all the way to a lynch (unless Bloojay completely fails to come back here or something, which would probably call for replacement instead anyway).

I'm not completely certain of pfischer's innocence either, but I'm as close as I'm likely to get through talking. If you want Pfischer lynched, go talk to the Yoko bandwagon :P
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:09 pm

Post by araltaln »

Yup, this type of behavior will certainly encourage more experienced players to help show the new players the ropes. *sigh*

In the meantime,
Unvote Bloojay
. You still seem the most suspicious to me for continuing to essentially lurk, but the point of the vote was to get you to post, which you did (thank you). It would be nice if you participated more, but we really do have not much at all to work with right now, of course, so it is understandable.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:28 am

Post by araltaln »

So. No one's said much, quite probably because hardly anyone has much to say. Is an essentially random lynch still considered better than no lynch at all in this situation?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #98 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:40 am

Post by araltaln »

Hm, not quite what I was expecting. I can't prove anything, of course, but
FOS: Bloojay and Pfischer
. Not voting now, as any misvote pretty much leads to a loss (we have to lynch scum today, no?). Opinions?
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 9:47 am

Post by araltaln »

Honestly, my pair of FoS's are based almost entirely on gut feeling; we don't have any good information as far as I can tell (although I'll go back and look again). There is a little more reason for the FoS at you, Bloojay, but not much, as you're the main experienced player remaining (note that this is
not
a good reason to vote, and anyone who does vote for Bloojay giving this reason will likely find themselves voted for fairly quickly).. at the very least, the mafia have been killing only experienced players so far, so it's at least worth commenting on that you live.

Hm, looking back right now having previewed, actually, there were only three votes on Kerplunk, and one of the people who voted for Kerplunk is dead.. oddly enough, the two other people voting were you two. This certainly isn't proof either, but it would be awful luck to have managed a townie-only deadline lynch of a cop.

More later, I'm sure.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 3:27 pm

Post by araltaln »

Bloojay. Of course we lose if we lynch town, we've all known that, but you seem awfully eager to put yourself in that group :/
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #20) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:05 am

Post by araltaln »

Yet another point: the only reason I can come up with for Caveman's continued life at this point is that one of them (Bloojay or Caveman) must be scum, as everyone's already had a chance to vote, and the mafia don't have to be tricky at this point. Obviously, I've got my opinion, and I'm nearly ready to just give up on rational thought and vote anyway.
araltaln
araltaln
Townie
araltaln
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #21) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 12:45 pm

Post by araltaln »

*winces* Well, it's already my fault for pushing the case against Bloojay so hard if I'm wrong.
Vote Bloojay

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”