Newbie 10 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:35 am

Post by pfischer »

/confirm
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:53 pm

Post by pfischer »

Random vote:
Vote Norinel
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:49 am

Post by pfischer »

Yoko Kurama wrote:
Unvote

I hadn't realized pfishcher was voting norinel.
Meaning that you refuse to vote for the same person I have voted for, albeit randomly?
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:35 am

Post by pfischer »

I agree. Let's go to sleep or go to work. I stand by my vote.
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #47 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:27 pm

Post by pfischer »

I get a fishy feeling as well...

Unvote Norinel

Vote Yoko Kurama
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:11 am

Post by pfischer »

Kerplunk wrote:This post seems to me like he wants to say, I don't post much because I already have a good candidate. But it's a random vote and he never explained his reasons for keeping his random vote. And then he votes for Yoko because of 'a fishy feeling'. Maybe I'm reading to much into this... but
unvote: Norinel
vote: pfischer

And, yes, this is an attempt to get shift attention from Yoko and present a better candidate; because Yoko isn't scum.
Hmmm, that's deep, man ;) But no, that wasn't what I wanted to say. And you might read a lot into "fishy feeling" - to me it means "I am not really sure here". What are the reasons for Yoko being so active? Is he just a nice guy who wants the game set in motion? Or is there something more, shall we say "fishy", behind it all? I don't know. You are willing to take the risk, I was inclined not to.
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #55 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:26 am

Post by pfischer »

araltaln wrote:Ugh :P Pfischer, I'm willing to wait up to 24 hours to hear what you have to say, but currently I do find you to be more suspicious and will vote for you if you're silent/unconvincing.
I'm clean. :)
If trying to poke a bit at the fire to see what happens ends up getting yourself killed, who else can you blame than yourself?

Believe me, it would be a mistake to kill me off. Look into your heart.
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 11:40 am

Post by pfischer »

Fact is, Yoko and me are up with nooses around our necks because we have been speaking out. That's a crime.
You are making a mistake - enjoy it as long as it lasts ;)

Unvote: Yoko Kurama
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:22 am

Post by pfischer »

Kerplunk wrote: I still think pfischer is the most suspicious one today. He seems eager to vote for someone on not good reasons. It seems to me he is trying to get someone quickly lynched. Call it a hunch, whatever.
So, your hunch is better than my fishy feeling? Take that for crap logic. I think you are trying to get me lynched and make it look as if I am the bad guy. I am not. If you are not scum, you played your cards really crappy.

I withdrew my vote on Yoko because I listened. And Yoko confirms he wants to kill me off. And
I
am supposed to be scum? My fishy feeling is not enough on Yoko, but I am sure about Kerplunk. He is out to get us.

Vote Kerplunk
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:04 am

Post by pfischer »

Yoko Kurama wrote:Kerplunk had logic behind his hunch and he stated what that was. You said fishy feeling and stated no reasons why.
And he also introduced me to crap logic. I'll say that was crap logic. At least I stated it was a fishy feeling and didn't try crap logic.

I haven't said I know you want to kill me off. I already explained that I was convinced by others that a fishy feeling alone wasn't enough to vote for you, and withdrew my vote. But for some reason that has made you even more hostile. What happened?

And the day I jump around scared, I'll let you know ;)
(but I'd like to point out that you and Kerplunk start to sound like one person. Why exactly am I suspicious? Come on, no crap logic this time)
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (isolation #10) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:49 pm

Post by pfischer »

Caveman wrote:
pfischer wrote:And Yoko confirms he wants to kill me off.
And later, directed at Yoko...
pfischer wrote:I haven't said I know you want to kill me off.
So, which one is it?
Ah, I see what you mean. I meant that Yoko confirmed his vote for me (being a newbie, I am not sure when you use confirms, but voting for me must mean Yoko would at least not protest against me being lynched).
I haven't actually said Yoko wants to kill me off, have I? Maybe Yoko's voting is part of a deeper strategy ;)
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:21 pm

Post by pfischer »

Yoko Kurama wrote: Well my point behind this post is so you might be able to give me a reason why I shouldn't believe you are mafia.
If my initial vote on you was some secret signal that I was scum, I am sorry to have confused things by not knowing.

I can see that I am getting out in double-double reverse psychology here, but wouldn't it be pretty stupid of me to hold up a sign saying "Hey! Over here! I am scum!", even if I was, which I am not?

So, please give me a chance to be on the side of the good guys :)
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:21 pm

Post by pfischer »

Er, I have to ask what FOS stands for, not just because it relates to me, but I don't know.
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:13 am

Post by pfischer »

OK, everybody is silent, so I'll put my head (neck?) out.

I can understand why I am the FOS guy, and at the moment I haven't a clue as to who are my friends and who are scum. I can't believe that I hand a hand in getting our cop lynched, I'm sorry, I was wrong, so wrong.

Trouble is, if you guys go ahead and send me to the gallows, I am afraid the game's up, but I can't say I have an idea how to proceed.
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:25 am

Post by pfischer »

bloojay wrote:pfischer, NOBODY knows who is scum and who isn't except the scum themselves.
I figured that out myself ;)

What I meant was you might have a suspicion, a hunch, fishy feeling, crap logical conclusion, whatever, as to who you think are bad/good guys.

I just haven't at the moment. I had, I was utterly mistaken. I don't even dare pointing my finger at anyone, less mention their names...
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 10:24 am

Post by pfischer »

Yoko, I think that my newbie argument was a while ago (unless you argue that experienced players cannot be confused and in doubt), don't let it be your mantra, because I was not trying to invoke it again.

The reason the mafia didn't kill me is that I am in the direct firing line anyway. That way they get three hits for one's price - we bump of our cop and then me, plus the townie that was killed last night - and bingo. You can read through the thread as many times as you like, it won't change this fact. On this note, I guess I can't even blaim you other townies if you vote me off - it's kind of logical, but unfortunately based on my initial quick voting based on a fishy feeling. Too bad.

I had a fishy feeling about Yoko, but I am not certain anymore. The other people left have been quiet, so maybe the tactics is to kill off the blabbermouths first, but so far I haven't got any real reasons to vote for anyone (except for myself if I use your logic ;)
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #16) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:08 pm

Post by pfischer »

Bloojay, you might want to justify this outburst - otherwise people might be falling over you.

You cast the first stone, exuse me: vote.
Why?
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #17) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 3:33 am

Post by pfischer »

OK, I'll dare some speculating here. Araltain could have finished me off Day 1, but thankfully he didn't.

So, if I assume that Araltain is not scum (and that's the only thing I have at the moment), then that leaves Yoko and Bloojay, because they were the two others voting for me Day 1. The third was Kerplunk and he was a townie, and is sadly now dead.

Yoko and Bloojay have also not voted for each other or suspected each other. I don't know, what do you guys say?
Game on...
pfischer
pfischer
Townie
pfischer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #132 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:17 am

Post by pfischer »

Well played, guys :)

Very good experience, thanks.
Game on...