Newbie 10 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 9:24 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

/confirm
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:26 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

It may just be me but I don't think misspelt is a word.

Vote-Kerplunk

Random if you must know
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 4:41 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Misspelt is slang for Misspelled it is not a real word.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 5:42 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Ok I'm wrong :(

(Puts Microsoft Word in the Trash)
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:25 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

It is 6 to lynch. Lynching is done by majority and since half of 11 is 5.5 you round up so 6.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 10, 2004 7:53 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Oh ya..... Hmm I feel sorta stupid now.

Unvote
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:23 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Vote-Norinel

Oh kerplunk s/he=HE
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #32 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:46 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Unvote

I hadn't realized pfishcher was voting norinel.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #35 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:07 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

araltaln wrote:I think Yoko just didn't want to cast the third vote on Norinel, and thought that only Kerplunk was voting for Norinel, not that both of you were.

Of course, I don't know this for sure or anything, but it seems a likely enough interpretation. *shrugs*

Ya I forgot about the random vote and assumed kerplunk was the only one voting I don't mind having two votes on a person but 3 is too risky!!!
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:13 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

You almost ruined the 24hr stand off but you manged to post a minute too late to do it. I been here the whole time but double posting isn't my style. Come on people especially you experienced players what is your deal??? I checked limited access like 3 times and no one said anything there. Yes 24hr's isn't that long to post but when 6 people do it in an 8 person game its kinda pathetic.

I am now at peace :P
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #38 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:14 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Man do I suck with numbers ok 5 in a 7 person game.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #41 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:39 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Not lynching someone is not good from what I've heard in extreme type of cases it might be. I don't really know why myself but assume that when someone gets lynched even if it isn't mafia then you can still judge their voting patterns.

Vote-Bloojay
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #42 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:01 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

My vote for bloojay now has more meaning, before I had voted them figuring it may get them to talk but I just saw them online and they neglected to post. :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

My Pet Pev people who dedicate themselves to something then back off.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #45 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 12, 2004 12:19 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Your not under my control but maybe from a voteing stand point. You talk you get unvoted there is nothing to go on so I'm waiting it out.

unvote
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #52 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 5:52 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

pfischer wrote:
Kerplunk wrote:This post seems to me like he wants to say, I don't post much because I already have a good candidate. But it's a random vote and he never explained his reasons for keeping his random vote. And then he votes for Yoko because of 'a fishy feeling'. Maybe I'm reading to much into this... but
unvote: Norinel
vote: pfischer

And, yes, this is an attempt to get shift attention from Yoko and present a better candidate; because Yoko isn't scum.
Hmmm, that's deep, man ;) But no, that wasn't what I wanted to say. And you might read a lot into "fishy feeling" - to me it means "I am not really sure here". What are the reasons for Yoko being so active? Is he just a nice guy who wants the game set in motion? Or is there something more, shall we say "fishy", behind it all? I don't know. You are willing to take the risk, I was inclined not to.
About me being active I'm active in all games you can check if you wish lets see mini 73 and this one and civil war is about all I've done so far.
If you want a role claim I will but would rather not so early in this game.

Vote-Pfischer
Because he is way to lynch happy to cast a third vote for a fishy feeling!!!
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #63 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:43 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Hey Bloojay aren't you supposed to join these newbie games just to help new people through???? I don't think you get that thats why I voted you before. You have experience and signed up for a newbie game and have nothing to say. Well honestly on a normal game day 1 what is there to say huh???? If everyone was like you no one would be talking. In my mind this game is worthless it's just newbies randomly voting while the ""helpers" are watching. If someone casts the last vote for me well fine then the newbies can talk to themselves and I won't be getting so irritated anymore.

You said the pfischer bandwagon is hoopla and you voting for me because I voted for you isn't.

My question is WHY DID YOU SIGN UP FOR THIS GAME??????????????????
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #66 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:33 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Seems the game is on well I'll post more after work.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #71 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:26 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

bloojay wrote:Yoko, you're taking this posting way to friggin' seriously, alright?
I am the only semi-active experienced player posting in this game as of now. Don't be hatin' :roll:.
And to answer your question araltaln: In this case, it'd be better to do that because we started with a day. Unless anyone thinks anyone else is particularly scummy?
Ya I thought about it and it's my bad. I had a short fuse and was easily irritated that day. Sooo my bad.

Confirm Vote-pfisher
He put the third vote on me for his fishy feeling and I think he is just lynch happy.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #74 (isolation #18) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:30 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Scratches Head........confused???
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #75 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:32 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I'll second that preview thing cause now I'm not confused and wouldn't have been if I had previewed before writing.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #78 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:36 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

pfischer wrote:So, your hunch is better than my fishy feeling? Take that for crap logic. I think you are trying to get me lynched and make it look as if I am the bad guy. I am not. If you are not scum, you played your cards really crappy.

I withdrew my vote on Yoko because I listened. And Yoko confirms he wants to kill me off. And
I
am supposed to be scum? My fishy feeling is not enough on Yoko, but I am sure about Kerplunk. He is out to get us.
Kerplunk had logic behind his hunch and he stated what that was. You said fishy feeling and stated no reasons why.

You said you withdrew your vote from me because you listened and know that I want to kill you off. Then you say "I am supposed to be scum." Why not keep the third vote on me??? Isn't that the best chance to kill your scum.

Oh and Kerplunk is out to get us. He is out to get you for your lynch happy jumping around scared. He never said a word about anyone but you because no one is nearly as suspisious as you.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #86 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:21 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

It could just be that it's your first game pfisher but you seem pretty scummy to me.

Here was a strategy I tried to do that you seemed to take wrong at the start of the game. I had planned to put the second vote on norinel then as soon as the third vote was casted I was going to withdraw my vote and put it on the person who casted the third vote being that I figured scum would go for an easy kill. It ended up I was the third vote because I hadn't realized you were still voting so my plan failed.

Well any way why that matters is that I had two votes for me a little later. One from Bloojay because I think I made him mad, and the other was from norinel with some wierd reasoning I really didn't get. Then you voted me for a fishy reason and I just thought you have to be scum.

Well my point behind this post is so you might be able to give me a reason why I shouldn't believe you are mafia.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #90 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 16, 2004 3:01 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Unvote
I'm just to unsure to let one more vote decide it, amd well I sort of believe pfisher just did what he did because he's a newbie.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #100 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:58 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Well my thoughts were that FOS norinel or pfisher but since norinel died I don't know what to think.

For know though,

FOS Pfischer
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #102 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I had the same prob a month ago see I always thought it meant Full of $hit but in reality it means finger of suspision.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #107 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 8:45 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I'm almost about to vote pfischer but he keeps playing up the I'm a newbie I'm confused and I totally relate to that because I was super confused my first mafia game.

I'm going to try and reread the thread after work tonight then I will write a summary for everyone. Note this will be in about 12-14hrs so If someone wants to do it in that time go ahead.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #119 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:29 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

I don't know if any one else is online during this time but wierd updates are happening and I don't know who wrote what so I will have to wait till tomorrow.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #122 (isolation #27) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:25 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

pfischer wrote:Yoko and Bloojay have also not voted for each other or suspected each other. I don't know, what do you guys say?
Maybe you should reread the thread
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #123 (isolation #28) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 11:40 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Ok in my opinion here is what’s happening. Caveman or bloojay are obviously mafia (doubtful both but it is possible).

Now going by what has happened throughout the game bloojay seems to not care what happens. So this leaves me to figure that since bloojay is going after caveman so insistent with no reason whatsoever he figures that newbies will just fall over and kill caveman giving him his quick kill and ending this game for a mafia victory. Being that bloojay is pro-town (which I will say now I doubt) I do not comprehend how our most experienced player is so willing to throw out a blind threat when if he is wrong then the game is over. He told us no explanation for his vote on caveman and has not yet told us more than "Incredible gut instinct".

The case against caveman is basically nothing. He has sort of lurched but then took his vote off bloojay because he didn't want the chance of mafia jumping on his vote. That may have been a mafia ploy, but I doubt it.

Well I'm going to have to
VOTE-BLOOJAY

Lets hope I don't regret it.....
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #126 (isolation #29) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 1:06 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

~EXPERIENCED PLAYER LEARNING MOMENT I~

If you don't like being humiliated by newbies try to help them and not let them help you.
:D

This was a fun game with lots of mistakes but on the experienced players side only (go figure). Might I add this I HATE being mafia as I feel really bad lying so much it SUCKS!!!!!
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #130 (isolation #30) » Fri Jan 23, 2004 7:49 pm

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Norinel wrote:Well, I was half right. Is that the only reason I was killed?
I don't knoe cavemans reason because he said he wanted you lynched before I could tell him I wanted you lynched. Well my reasoning was that I wanted to kill off some experience and bloojay did not seem as big of a threat as you norinel.
Yoko Kurama
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Yoko Kurama
Alarmist
Alarmist

Post Post #134 (isolation #31) » Sat Jan 24, 2004 8:04 am

Post by Yoko Kurama »

Might I add I participate this much in all games I'm in that was not a lie. It doesn't matter my role that way it is not as easy for someone to just pick me out as mafia because they know I'm an active player always.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”