Newbie 1040 ~ Murder in Newbville! ~ Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grump
Grump
Townie
Grump
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:20 pm

Post by Grump »

@Lindisfarne:
- What is your favorite role to play in mafia and why?
- Is meta-gaming based on a player's past actions a solid tactic to you? Why or why not?
- Which role would you prefer: SK or Mason; and why?

::: I prefer townie. It encourages me to play more actively and I generally seem to invoke more reactions (which gives me that warm fuzzy feeling of actually accomplishing something).

I find it goes against the theory of mafia. Besides that, it's so easy to just swap up your meta, or play the same sort of meta but make small nuances that would suit a different purpose, etc.

Mason. The added link to a single player is invaluable I think in being able to get some inside reads without really needing to worry about what other people will think. Takes some pressure off of townies.

@Equinox:
1. What is your time zone? How often do you expect to post?
2. Have you played Mafia before? If yes, how much and what kind of experience do you have?
3. In a hypothetical situation, you get to pick who dies from two candidates. Candidate A hasn't contributed much all day and has been rather quiet. Candidate B was caught in a lie. Who do you lynch: the lurker or the liar? Why?
4. In a hypothetical situation, you have determined through all sorts of analyses that a player is town. However, your gut tells you this player is scum. (Feel free to consider the reverse situation as well.) What do you conclude? Why?

:::: EST, and hopefully a lot.
A little. I'm dabbling in some games, but I'm not engaging in any more after this until one or two close. I don't want to spread myself out too thin and/or get games confused.
It depends on the lie, but in most cases... The liar. Lynch-all-liars :P
Analysis over gut. Every time.

@Lindi
@everyone: would you lynch a guy who was at L-1, claimed cop and had no counterclaim?

:::That's a really closeminded scenario right thar. It depends largely on if they actually revealed the results of their investigations and everything matched up with how they had been playing throughout the game.

RVS: Lordchronos.
Simply because I'm in another game with him :P
Grump
Grump
Townie
Grump
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Grump »

EBWOP
VOTE:Lordchronos

Newbie mistakes ftw.
Grump
Grump
Townie
Grump
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by Grump »

Out of curiosity MrDNA....
Was that change in vote backed by reason, or are you still in the RVS phase looking for reactions?
Grump
Grump
Townie
Grump
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Grump »

@LordChronos: My bad, didn't notice that I hadn't put OR in there >.<
In retrospect, you have brought up a good point that I'll have to remember from now on. I had never really considered that "looking for reactions" wasn't entirely random at all.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”