Newbie 965 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hey Uite, good questions.

1. Perth, Australia
2. Coke
3. No
4. My playstyle is winning.
5. I wouldn't say excited, but I'm looking forward to dominating this game.
6. Nah
7. Nah

I'd explain, but I don't give lessons, that'll cost you.

!vote mallowgeno
Trying to lynch off our strongest townie? I may not have one of those gay symbols next to my name, but I assure you that title belongs to me. Very wolfish indeed.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

Also, why are you asking about our playstyle and how we act in panicky situations?? Obviously that's information we won't reveal to everyone as it helps them whether you are mafia telling town how you will play, or town telling mafia what you do. Unless of course you lie, in which case, the question is redundant.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by DavidParker »

mallowgeno wrote:
Wraith wrote:NobodySpecial is obviously trying to hide something.

Vote: NobodySpecial

I've played a couple-three games off-site, hosted a few more. I'm still not that good at playing yet.
What the heck do you mean by NobodySpecial is trying to hide something? He hasn't even posted yet.

Fos Wraith
Well, we've found our first town idiot.

He's playing at the player's username... It's a random vote.. Just like I could have voted for Uite for having the shortest name..
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Apparently lurking is bad, so since I'm here reading the thread, I'll post my latest thoughts and hope activity will increase.

Vote: quadz08

The one player who has given me a "scummy" vibe. His "FoS" on me following another player made it seem as if he's trying too hard to fit in and blend with the town. Obviously, I'm acting like an arrogant jackass and will have attention on me. Hey, get some discussion started, even if it's about how much of an ass I am. He just seemed to deal with this in a scummy kind of way.

Also, I am getting a town feel from silverbullet but I think that's just because of his posting style...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:47 am

Post by DavidParker »

I didn't reveal who I found most suspicious until I saw someone else agreed (unless it was a random vote).. Why? Because I was hoping he would further confirm my suspicions by acting even scummier. I assumed by voting for him that implied Nobody Special found him suspicious as well.

Regardless, I put a second vote on someone.. So what? The first was an unexplained random vote.. Or a vote based on suspicions that weren't explained, I decided to go on that and vote as well and explain why I found him fishy. It's just the vibe I got. Which is all I have to go on at the moment, and the discussion being created.

If I had to take a guess right now I'd guess that Nobody Special is mafia with quadz. Obviously, that's a huge longshot, but that's the best longshot I see at the moment.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:49 am

Post by DavidParker »

Like me or not, I will find the mafia.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:58 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Well, seeing as I'm supposed to be seeking "help" from these experienced players. Here's my current dilemma.

1) I could be a VT who's been put in this predicament based on my own ego and the fact I wanted to be an arrogant jackass to get some discussion going. At this point I can claim just that and plead my case. Alternatively, I could work with what I just posted and claim cop to try save myself. If there's another cop in the game this may backfire, he would push for my lynch, without trying to reveal himself.

Also, I would have to later reveal I'm not a cop (if I survive the night), although if mafia believe I am cop this works hugely to the town's benefit. If mafia have a roleblocker, that would mean they will roleblock me since they believe there to be a doctor in the game protecting me. If mafia don't have a roleblocker, they will probably night kill me since they don't think there's a doctor in the game.

2) I am the cop. Well then I've played it very badly. Hinted already I may be the cop, and acted like an arrogant prick and got everyone wanting to lynch me. So even I would find it hard to believe I'm the actual detective. But now, my two options consist of claiming to be a VT and hope people believe me when i plead my case or claim my true role and hope people believe me. However, I'm then fairly useless as mafia will have to night kill me if they don't have a roleblocker (implyin we have no doctor) or roleblock me, and kill someone else if they have a roleblocker (implying we have a doctor). Both options are bad ones for me.

3) I am scum! Well, then I'm truly a very poor player. I have gotten in this horrible position. I could claim VT/detective maybe even doctor if I wanted. Anything to try save myself another day. I'd probably claim to be detective/doctor hoping that would maybe save me, and if it doesn't it would at least give my mafia buddy a good idea of who the real doctor/detective is (if there is one).

So, I've already decided what option I'm going with, as per my role. But, since this is a "learning game" what would be a good strategy for each possible role that I might have?

THat aside, I think I was too hasty too point out some of my suspicions. Instead of getting the discussion I wanted (And pointing out that I did find quadz to be most suss, although really it wasn't based on much but the impression I got from him) I've just got people asking me to explain myself. Nothing really to help me with my scrum hunting. But that's been my own folly, game's here follow a different structure to games I've played on other sites, and I probably should have just been a learner than someone trying to get "too involved".

SO yeah, Since people mentioned they prefer questions to RVS. Here's my questions.

If you're a VT in my position, what would you do?

If you're the detective in my position, what would you do?

If you're scrum in my position, what would you do?

Note, nothing you say will change my next post when I explain myself.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Also, anywhere I say "detective" I mean "cop", used to playing with detectives not cops.
Uite wrote:To answer your question, it's because I think enough has been said to get a decent read on him. Also, I think the pounding on DP is drawing the attention away from the other players, among whom scum is still hiding. It doesn't change any of my suspicions, just my focus.
I agree, if I'm scum, sure town are in a good place, and have other days for scum hunting. But if I'm on town, lynching me day 1 hasn't done much to help your scum hunting, and you will have few leads.

I'm currently least suspicious of mallow just because of how he has almost lead this lynch on me, not something I would expect a mafia to do on someone they know is a townie.

Wraith suggesting we try no lynch on day 1 sent some signals flying, but was mostly just a newbie request it seems.

Apart from that, I'm still most suspicious of quadz.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #8) » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:49 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Congrats on only answering 1 of my questions! What if you were subbed into my position... And i said I got a town-feel from you not mafia.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:26 am

Post by DavidParker »

I said I had already decided what I was going to do, and was asking you what you would do to find out more, my form of "scum hunting". I wasn't going to followin anyone's advice, although chances are what I do will be what someone answers.

My questions were designed to figure out more about you guys and "scum-hunt".
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:52 am

Post by DavidParker »

@Uite, I knew the bandwagon didn't exist, that was my attempt to start one.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:32 am

Post by DavidParker »

@uite, my reasons include him trying too hard to sit back on the fence. I read his posts from a scum point of view and it makes sense as to how he's trying to play it smart. He knows I'm not scum so he's not jumping onto this bandwagon, he's waiting for other people to justify it, so if he can get involved he's not responsible in any way.

He seems to point out some obvious points: ie that statement which is always true, and then adds that we should wait for dRool in case he's that "more scummy" person... He's an "experienced player" (whatver the acronym here is), if he's mafia, you have a 0/100 chance he will come in here and do something suspicious when all the heat is on me. Why you would even think he's going to come in here and turn himself into a target makes no sense.

He's pointing out how many agree with his position, and just can't stick by his own justification.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:38 am

Post by DavidParker »

Just browsing through these games, they can just be characterised by people staying as neutral as possible... Which seems to me ridiculous. People all just try analyze critically stuff when there's nothing there. The mafia game at it's core is a guessing game. You have to make guesses and have convictions, if everyone does everything just via neutrality and careful analysis, then you get no where. Every lynch is "justified" and mafia never have any responsibility if they do the same thing the town does. By actually posting a case against someone for little, but doing so that you don't back down, you can learn a lot more than this hurr durr DP is suss for being arrogant etc. This isn't creating any discussion or helping scum hunting at all (unless of course if I am scum). But by focusing on people for reasons people won't agree with you can learn something.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #13) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:36 am

Post by DavidParker »

Just browsing through these games, they can just be characterised by people staying as neutral as possible... Which seems to me ridiculous. People all just try analyze critically stuff when there's nothing there. The mafia game at it's core is a guessing game. You have to make guesses and have convictions, if everyone does everything just via neutrality and careful analysis, then you get no where. Every lynch is "justified" and mafia never have any responsibility if they do the same thing the town does. By actually posting a case against someone for little, but doing so that you don't back down, you can learn a lot more than this hurr durr DP is suss for being arrogant etc. This isn't creating any discussion or helping scum hunting at all (unless of course if I am scum). But by focusing on people for reasons people won't agree with you can learn something.
So... you're saying we shouldn't analyze, and make random guesses? That sounds like a plea from someone who knows their play doesn't stand up to analysis to me.

[/quote]

HAHAHA this is where I lost myself. Was laughing so hard as I read your post.. You're "GODLIKE ANALYSIS" has led the town into lynching the cop you retarded inbred.

GOOD ANALYSIS MATE

Honestly, I don't think a single person here has any idea what they're doing, no one even puts effort into their analysis. Hence the terrible poopy not making sense etc. This isn't worth my time, just lynch me.

fuck your reasoning, but I just can't take these terrible ideas like voting people for retarded reasons. A ploy? How about this, I'm the detective. Yes, game ruined. We all happy?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #14) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 am

Post by DavidParker »

this game is actually filled with illiterate retards.. i really dont care i ruined it, read up and you might see me responding to the same question uite posted... but i dont even care. go ahead and lynch me, i dont even care i ruined this game by telling ppl im the cop because you guys are complete utter inbred downys..
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #15) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:54 am

Post by DavidParker »

@silverbullet (possibly the only person who hasn't eloped with his cousin during the course of this game so far): well i was confident cuz i did have a role, a town role, and it was my first game i was hopin i could do something. the players in this game have sucked that enthusiasm away like they suck their little brothers pin-dicks.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #16) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:02 am

Post by DavidParker »

i answered your question you clown
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #17) » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:25 am

Post by DavidParker »

Oh right I'm meant to be civil. Look this game didn't go where i wanted it, and I got fed up. I guess it's partly ruined now because of my claim, but obviously if I'm not lynched, I'm going to keep playing and help the town. The fact you would hammer me because you don't like me flaming says something about you...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #18) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:40 am

Post by DavidParker »

Vote: Nobody Special

Hasn't really contributed all that much, and seems to be trying to fulfil his role as an IC, while sitting on the fence, which to me has come off as scummy.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #19) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah, I calmed down now as NS suggested. On to scum hunting.

@NS: You mentioned you found me the scummiest, if I were to be lynched and revealed as town, (assuming you are town), who would you believe most likely to be mafia? You mentioned this pairing of quadz and mallow, would you suspect them?

@SB: You seem to have taken over from me in pressuring Quadz. Do you find him scummier than me?

I still find him scummy and will stick by that, but as people have made me realize, I think it's largely on the impression I got from him, and not something to base solely voting on him for. Although, sometimes on Day 1 an impression is the best thing you can go on. Also, that quote basically sums up a lot of my impressions of quadz :/

@mallow: You say you are looking elsewhere for your first lynch, yet you end there. You don't suggest anyone, or pressure anyone else.. It's almost as if you are waiting for someone else to start a new lynch (Like you could say I may have just done on NS). Why didn't you make accusations or start 'scum-hunting' when you say you believe we should be looking elsewhere (from me) for our first lynch.. You don't seem very keen to help town when you merely say that then do not act upon it.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:41 am

Post by DavidParker »

Would be good if our other SE player could be here. For all we know he could be scum and we are barking up the wrong tree with this mallow/quadz combo. To me, it seems either mallow or NS is mafia. Right now, I'm not sure who is more suspicious. However, my initial read on mallow was a town-read simply because he was so insistent on my lynch initially (knowing I'm a town, if he's mafia). Leading a mislynch is quite risky play for mafia, although there was plenty of reasons to justify my lynch...

I don't like this position now. Mallow suddenly jumped onto my radar with this weak "I had to leave for school" excuse, then claimed he was going to jump on the exact person I did.

Personally, I would like a vote from quadz and uite. (And this lurker SE)

@Wraith: If you could decide who was lynched today would you still choose me? You said you would hammer if you had another vote before.

@Mellow: You went awfully quickly from saying "I would hammer DP if I could" to "We should be looking elsewhere for our first lynch".. There was no "breaking information" between your posts (Post 100 then Post 113). Why the sudden unexplained change of mind within a couple of hours?

My town read on you flew to pieces simply because you gave up trying to lynch me so suddenly with very little reason.

Anyways, I as much as I like quick days (I'm used to 1-2 day, dayphases, we really need to keep day 1 alive since a player hasn't even posted yet)

At the moment I find both NS and Mellow scummy. I think we can't make the mistake we did at the start and focus all our pressure on one person so I will leave my vote on NS, and see how other players read the situation.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:33 am

Post by DavidParker »

@ Wraith, what makes you so sure mallow and I are different alignments? Just because we are the 2 most suspicious? I mean from my POV it's perfectly plausible that we are both town....

And as much as I'd like to pretend I didn't claim cop... If you go back and read you'll notice I did.

I'm also yet to really get any read from AGaR, which slightly worries me.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:32 am

Post by DavidParker »

Yeah those statistics were the one thing which gave him a "town vibe" but really, he claims to have more experience than anyone in this game, so combined with that claim I realized I had yet to have anything to get a read off.

Vote: Quadz

NS and Mallow both seem suss and I find it likely that one is probably scum, but Quadz has just managed to reconfirm all my suspicions with his last post. (And also make mallow look scummier as his potential partner)

Reasoning (Not just an OMGUS Vote - or whatever these dumb acronyms are): He seems too eager to point out scummy behavior of others. He goes on about people ignoring his questions (he did it to me when I didn't even ignore them) and just seems to be trying too hard to turn the focus away from himself and onto others.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:36 am

Post by DavidParker »

Also, just noticed that Quadz attacked SB for ignoring his question, when Quadz just did the same thing haha.
@mallowmar and Wraith

So you both wanted to end this day early... even though there's lots of time left to get more information... and this isn't your first game ever. Even though we still haven't heard from a player yet?
Care to comment, since you "ignored" it already?

And Wraith.... You as well, you are saying you "didn't want to end day phase early cause you put your vote down on me early because i was scummy", but you also said if you could you would hammer me... You seem to be contradicting yourself there.

Right now, Quadz just seems the most plausible scum. I'm voting for him over mallow because I can see possible other combinations with Quadz. (ie: Wraith/Agar as fellow scum, and my town read on uite could be completely wrong, it seems everyone has a town read on him... )
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 am

Post by DavidParker »

In light of some mind-blowing new discussion, I think my vote for quadz will stay.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:48 am

Post by DavidParker »

quadz08 wrote: And, the kicker, your last sentence:
Unless I feel I have a solid case on you and want you dead, I'd rather keep ya in the dark.
So, you don't feel you have a solid case on me, yet you voted me?
It's "scum-hunting" for a reason..

It's 6am here in Australia and I haven't slept just posting to say I'll get back to you tomorrow I think I may have confused you for mallow.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Hi beefster!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (isolation #27) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:18 am

Post by DavidParker »

Alright, now back to discussion. Time to bandwagon uite I think.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #28) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 am

Post by DavidParker »

Was sarcasm. This game has slowed down.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #29) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:31 am

Post by DavidParker »

Anyways, right now Wraith seems like a bit of a scumball, but the mallow/quadz combo just seems a lot scummier.

Although wraith could easily be scum with either.

So far only uite/SB giving me town-ish vibes.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Look, I was telling my friends on the other site I play on that if someone got to L-1 I was gonna hammer because I hate how slow things work on this site, and it's almost painful. But, something is bothering me.

And that something is Wraith's essay. This guy has just been playing like an idiot for a lot of the game, his last comment regarding me:
@Beefster: If I wasn't already voting for a scummier player I'd probably vote for DP, not only because he also seems scummy to me but also because he's accusing me of scum, probably in retaliation for voting for him earlier in the day.
That just made me laugh. I'm not that petty you moron. I wouldn't do something to retaliate because you voted on me, I legitimately found your posting style and content scummy. You can't hide behind this "inexperienced" claim to protect you that other people seem to be allowing.

Now, why am I not hammering like I told them I would?

Because mallow has a partner. At this point it could still be quadz I suppose, but seems less likely with his latest post, although he could be trying to save himself. Now, it's definitely not Wraith it seems who was a fairly scummy person already. Which leads me to believe there are few it could be. Agar/SB/Beefster are the one's not voting for mallow (including myself), so a somewhat foolish assumption is one of them would be his mafia partner. Beefster has proven to be reluctant to vote for mallow despite pointing out how he's scummy, which is understandable given he's just subbed into this game, and hasn't fully read over everything. Agar, well, I've got nothing on Agar. He could be the scum lurker. And SB has given me a town read.

So, this leads me to believe quadz is more likely scum than mallow. Mallow has made mistake after mistake I agree and slipped up and backpeddled, but really that could just be townie slip-ups, when he's trying too hard to seem legit.. Will reread thread and will recomment.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #31) » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

So you're claiming VT?

I'm actually ready to believe this.

My initial read was town on mallow because he pushed harder than anyone for my lynch early and said he would hammer me. He knew I was town if he's mafia, and that's a risky thing to say.

Imo, quadz is a better lynch.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #32) » Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Lurking is just a no-tell though. It could be a scum-lurker and is a dirty play for scum to just "afk" and avoid suspicion, but lynching based on that is risky as it may just be a VT who is disinterested because they are a VT and fell behind in discussion so don't want to get involved.

I think there is a good case against mallow, but I also see a case in his favor. Although some of his slip-ups do almost seem unforgiveable. If mallow isn't scum, I'd say that makes Wraith very likely to be scum, not because of his huge case against mallow, but because these were the two who said they would hammer me. I think odds are, one of them is scum for trying to push a quick lynch on me.

At the moment I'm more keen to believe its Wraith.

Vote: Wraith

I'm actually more suspicious of quadz and wraith over mallow. I do feel that the second scum could be someone unexpected like SB/NS/Beefster though, so not going to guess on possible scum pairings any more.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (isolation #33) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:08 am

Post by DavidParker »

Lol, you are trying pretty hard to not seem like scum.. Thing is if you're a townie, you take people calling you scummy with a grain of salt. You know it should probably wash over if you don't take it too personally or if you make a good case. The fact you are reiterating your actions as to why we shouldn't see you as scum, is scummy in itself. You should just accept people find you scummy, when you try prove and go out of your way to show you're not scummy, that's when your scumminess really shows!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #34) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:10 am

Post by DavidParker »

I agree that there will be diminishing returns, but it basically comes down to agreeing on a lynch a majority are happy with.

At the moment I wouldn't be happy with a mallow lynch. I don't think we can learn as much from lynching him than others. And I believe his VT claim. With that said, if the person we lynch today pops as town, I will be back into pressuring mallow intensively.

Then we have quadz, whose main scumminess was his alliance to mallow. I still think it's possible he's scum with someone else, but there are other people who are just as scummy when you take away his buddying with mallow (who I believe atm).

So this leaves me with fewer people:

Uite/SB: Well I don't forsee either lynch happening today. At this current moment I'm not happy with a lynch on either since there has been no discussion regarding either. Obviously, we would need them to be pressured and defended to learn anything from either of their lynches.

NS/Wraith: Both seem like good lynches for today. Both have been pressured somewhat (Wraith more than NS recently), and I think both have acted like scum at various times.

Agar/Beefster: Agar, the lurker, and beefster the replacement. IT's hard to get anything from either. Agar is just lurking whether intentional or not is hard to know. Beefster only joined the discussion late, which for scum makes it very easy to fit in and avoid suspicion when you just have to analyze the first 8 pages of discussion rather than take part in it. As an experienced player, it's quite easy to avoid being scummy when you replace into day 1 on page 8, without any posts from the person you replaced. Both these players could be a viable lynch as if they aren't going to add anything we have to get a read at some point, and the best way seems to be by killing them off.

I'm keen to get this game moving simply to keep interest high and keep up activity. Sure it may be more optimal to wait to the end of the deadline for a lynch, but people play this game for enjoyment, and ending day phase sooner keeps interest higher.

I don't forsee many new cases being introduced today against anyone. A night's activities will give the town valuable information (as will lynching a player regardless of his role). Sure a mislynch helps the scum, but mislynches are inevitable. I think we should get this game moving. It will just come to a bit of a stall if we keep day 1 alive just for the sake of it. An abundance of information is awaiting in the form of a lynch and a night's activities (And honestly speaking, I'm just hoping I can use my role hoping so hard mafia don't believe my claim for whatever reason. Did I mention I'm a VT? JK, I know some people have a lynch all liars policy so I won't go there).

So if we are to lynch soon (imo in the next 2-3 days preferably), who? As stated, there are 3 people I don't want to lynch: mallow/uite/SB. They are all contributing and active, so it's possible to find out scumminess for these players based on who we lynch today and the night's activities. And the latter 2 have had no pressure/votes on them so we won't learn much from their lynches. THe former, just doesn't seem like scum to me. Honestly, I believe him more than anyone else atm. (funny considering how hard he pushed for my lynch.

So, with all cases present, I think a quadz/Wraith lynch is likely (atm Wraith lynch seems to be the popular opinion) although I think a lynch on NS could happen due to some of his actions, or even an Agar lynch for his lurking might happen.

My vote on Wraith still stands, although if a more appealing band wagon starts I'm likely to opt into it depending on the circumstances.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (isolation #35) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:47 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well I feel I have reason to feel safe today. As for tomorrow, that's another matter. Depending on my results overnight, and whether I survive I could find myself in a pickle. Claiming I was "roleblocked" would be an easy thing to say if I was scum pretending to be the detective.

However, if i am scum, I took a big risk claiming detective, as there's a 50% chance there's a real detective in the game who will eventually counter-claim and oust me.

SO yes, I do feel safe today is the sad truth of it. Obviously you shouldn't trust me, but I don't feel as if lynching me off today will accomplish much.

Sorry, I think I mis-used the worst "trust'. I think what I'm saying is I believe him more than if say Wraith or NS or Quadz claimed to be a VT. (which I assume is the claim they would make if they were scum and forced to make a claim).

Wraith seems very touchy about the fact people are voting for him!

And evidence shmevidence. There will always be a case against anyone if you want there to be a case. Sure, some will be stronger than others, but (on day 1 especially) there will always be somewhat of a gamble involved when deciding on a lynch.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:03 am

Post by DavidParker »

I have no completed games on this site as of yet, other games I am in: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14287
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14289
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14275

Offsite: (G[o]Dz is my alias, you'll also notice some very stacked setups haha)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=35832 (My first ever game of mafia online - Lost as scum)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=36358 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=36631 (Lost as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=36909 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=37133 (lost as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=37436 (won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38284 (Subbed during endgame and lost, although I subbed in when there was no hope)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=37735 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=37843 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38005 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38027 (Lost as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=37937 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=37969 (Mafia/Town draw, Initially town, although later subbed for a mafia)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38018 (dominated as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38121 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38164 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38218 (Scrapped)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=36960 (Won as town)
http://forums.boredaussie.com/viewtopic.php?t=38336 (Lost as town)

So yeah, that sums up most of the complete games I played on that site. A trend you might notice if you went through the games, or just the conclusions: I die on day 1/Get killed on night 1 more than anyone else haha. (Also, I get VT more than anyone else except poor Mr. Andrew94, who half the games is stacked into being a VT because he's such a downy, obviously that's irrelevent as this is a different game, and those odds don't affect my role here). And most of the time when I die on day 1 it's for the good of the town, or dieing night 1 is planned as well! (Except when a medic epic failed once).

Anyways, Agar is back in my good books after his latest post.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

That was for Agar, but anyone is welcome to have a peek.

And I currently find Wraith's defence the least believable of all the people who have been pressured (Mallow/quadz/NS(somewhat))
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I have to agree, while he may have planted that there for us, noone else picked up on it and he didn't reiterate it. I think that gives him more credibility as a town claim than anyone else at the moment. And you for pointing it out.

Wraith looking like a good lynch.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Now would be a useful time to claim... Considering someone could hammer at any point.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Post by DavidParker »

There's a difference between being a newb and being new to the rules on this site. Games I've played don't have discussion between mafia during pre-game.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I don't see much more of value coming from today. We're just going to keep going around in cricles. I know a lot won't agree... But, it's hammer time.

Vote: mallowgeno
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #42) » Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:27 pm

Post by DavidParker »

So ugh mallow.. Talk?

If you're scum, I imagine you can tell us now.. And if you're not use this time before you're lynched to reveal your suspects and things people may have missed?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (isolation #43) » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:35 am

Post by DavidParker »

Day 2 will just be so much more interesting than today.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #44) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:00 am

Post by DavidParker »

Hey, my check revealed a confirmed townie to me. Not revealing now for obvious reasons.

For now,
FoS: Silverbullet
, You are voting for me for what reason? Yes, this may be an OMGUS (whatever the acronym) vote, but because you are voting for a non-counter-claimed Cop. You have every right to be upset, I hammer'd when I shouldn't have, you're right, I was impatient, but you said yourself:
silverbullet wrote:For the moment, I just find you as a stupid impatient townie
So you're voting for someone who you think is a townie?!?!

Also, why was uite killed? The town generally agreed that both SB and uite were two very pro-townies. I mean that doesn't clear either of them though just by acting town, any good/smart mafia could establish himself as one... Sooooo, WHY was SB spared and uite killed? I mean personally speaking it was pretty hard to differentiate between the two in terms of the town's view of them. I think maybe one person pressured SB at one point (NS?), but uite avoided most suspicions. So yeah, the mafia killed uite, a pro-townie player who would be hard to lynch while leaving SB alive.

Let's make that
VOTE: silverbullet

For now at least.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #45) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:01 am

Post by DavidParker »

Anyways, time to reread thread, sad having just figured out the isolation thing I can't use it :/
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #46) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:49 am

Post by DavidParker »

It seems (to me at least) that the mafia didn't believe my cop claim on day 1. Considering the circumstances I don't blame them, and I attempted to post so that they wouldn't believe me so I could still get a check in (which is what happened)

Even if you are mafia and semi-believe my claim, letting me check still works to their advantage, as they turn me into a huge suspect.

The fact I get a check off and don't get roleblocked or nightkilled makes me the number 1 suspect. You are falling into the exact line of thinking the mafia were hoping people would fall into. They were banking on me not checking a scum player I'm guessing, which happened. It seems I would be better off having just lied and said that I got roleblocked... But I distinctly remember a lot of people with their "lynch all liars" policy...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #47) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:58 am

Post by DavidParker »

So, assuming I am a cop, my check last night was useless, since if you are going to lynch me, and I tell you who I checked, that person will likely just be night killed since they can be trusted?

And to whoever said that my post assumed a role-blocker in the game: I actually don't think there is one in the game, because I was the OBVIOUS target for a role block. I wasn't the obvious target for a night kill however, as I could be turned into a target (as has happened today). Regardless of roleblocker or not, i'm an easy target for mafia to make. However, if there is a roleblocker, they may as well role block me to stop me investigating someone (who else do they have as a better target to roleblock). So, I'm assuming there is no doctor and no roleblocker in this game. Obviously, that's just my perception and I could be entirely wrong.

If scum don't have a roleblocker, it still makes sense to leave me alive for the very reason of what is happening today.

Also, what is this WIFOM acronym.

I think if it can be ascertained that there is no doctor in the game, my validity as the cop actually increases since that explains why I wasn't role blocked.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #48) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:58 am

Post by DavidParker »

So, assuming I am a cop, my check last night was useless, since if you are going to lynch me, and I tell you who I checked, that person will likely just be night killed since they can be trusted?

And to whoever said that my post assumed a role-blocker in the game: I actually don't think there is one in the game, because I was the OBVIOUS target for a role block. I wasn't the obvious target for a night kill however, as I could be turned into a target (as has happened today). Regardless of roleblocker or not, i'm an easy target for mafia to make. However, if there is a roleblocker, they may as well role block me to stop me investigating someone (who else do they have as a better target to roleblock). So, I'm assuming there is no doctor and no roleblocker in this game. Obviously, that's just my perception and I could be entirely wrong.

If scum don't have a roleblocker, it still makes sense to leave me alive for the very reason of what is happening today.

Also, what is this WIFOM acronym.

I think if it can be ascertained that there is no doctor in the game, my validity as the cop actually increases since that explains why I wasn't role blocked. With that said, it might not be the best idea for a doctor to come out..
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #49) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:00 am

Post by DavidParker »

lag = posted twice oops. added sentence at the end though.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #50) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

@AGar: If you were my scum partner, since scum are allowed to discuss at night, what would you tell me to claim regarding my detective check today? I mean it seems pretty obvious what the safe option to avoid suspicion is... But i'd like to hear what you would tell me to claim if you were my scum partner.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #51) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:27 am

Post by DavidParker »

How/When (if at all) should I reveal the town player I investigated??

If I'm being lynched it seems kind of foolish, as the mafia will just target him. This is obviously, assuming I show up as the detective. And if I show up as the detective, it should be very obvious there's no roleblocker (As why wouldn't he have role blocked me?), meaning there is no doctor to protect this player who I clear as town-aligned.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (isolation #52) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Ugh, wait, so someone wanna sum up the case on me? Kinda annoying not being able to read people in iso atm!

And, I have info you prob won't want to lynch me based on, although you can still lynch me, to prove you trust me, then go off my info.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #53) » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Btw, you guys are all talking about hammering and what not, without thinking of the consequences. You will go into tomorrow in a lynch of lose situation. (assuming I'm town, so since it's my post I'm telling you I am). And you will have gotten very little from today.

Here is my case to defend myself and explain my actions:

1. I came in here all confident and acting like a jackass because that's what I do best. I knew I was new around here and didn't want to be just another newby in the game, I wanted to stamp my own hand on the game with my own mafia style whether it's the optimal/most efficient mafia strat, maybe not, but that's how I play.

2. Have I lied in this game? Hell yes, that's how I play, I lie as much when I'm town as I do when I'm mafia. If you don't believe me go back a few pages where I linked you to EVERY mafia game I've ever played. Countless of those games involve me lying (and pretty much all of them I'm town, except 1 or 2) I have nothing to hide, I posted those games there so if you want to see how I play as scum and as town you can see. So yes, I've lied in this game. If you want to uphold your "lynch all liars" policy go ahead. I've only lied with regard to aspects regarding this specific game to try help the town. I haven't lied about other stuff (I really do like coke more than pepsi).

3. My rage claim.. Was it genuine? Yeah... I was pissed off the game wasn't "playing into my hand" like I had hoped. I was about to be lynched a 5-6 pages into day 1 for my attitude alone. Two players admitted they would hammer me if they could. So I raged.. Once I realized people here wouldn't just foolishly hammer me (I'm new to this site, where I'm from, once a band wagon starts, it doesn't stop, that person gets lynched haha) I calmed down realizing the day was still young. If you don't believe me, go check those mafia games on forums.boredaussie.com, people get bandwagoned and lynched for no reason haha. You'll also notice many an interesting characters who may not always do what's in the town's best interests even when they are on town.

4. Am I the detective? I'm telling you I am. Obviously the majority here feel that's not true. It's still early into day 2 so I felt I could get the most information out of people by claiming that I checked someone who was revealed as town, seems this led to everyone thinking I'm scum. That may or may not be true. Until we are at a point where discussion has occurred in day 2 and I feel my information is entirely necessary I was choosing not to reveal it in it's entirety. Problem is right now, it's hard for me to differentiate between mafia urging a mislynch on the town's detective, and townies who genuinely think I'm scum and don't believe my detective claim, which is making it hard to scum-hunt. (Even harder since I can't read people in iso).

So now, onto you guys, putting last night's check aside:

@Quadz: A new town feel from you for pointing out Agar's possible association with me. Do you feel I should have revealed my entire check then and who it was on, even though AGaR asked for me just to reveal whether I got a check on townie/mafia/roleblocked but not say who? IF i confirmed a townie last night, do you think I should reveal him? If yes, at what point should I reveal him?

@ NS: You seem potential scum playing the "oh I don't want to hammer until I've reread everything" card! Okay, I don't really think that, but if you're scum that is what you've done. How do you think I should deal with the information I obtained last night? Is it worth revealing with all the suspicion on me? What if I found a scum last night? If I told you player X (say Wraith/SB was scum according to my last night's check) would you believe that?

@ Wraith: Why do you just seem to be the scummiest of all on the DP bandwagon? Okay, jokes aside (well it's not a joke, that's honestly how I sorta perceive it). 1) Would you hammer if right now if you could AND 2) If i'm lynched and show up as town, who would be your main suspects of the remaining 6? What likely scum pairings do you see?

@ Quadz: Same question, what possible scum pairings do you see as likely or just individuals who you would be fairly sure are scum if I'm lynched and revealed as town? Also, why did you only FoS me rather than vote for me?

@ SB: Would you have roleblocked me if you were scum last night? What makes me the most scummy today compared to other suspects such as wraith/quadz from yesterday? It seems quite possible the mafia chose not to roleblock me for the very purpose of turning me into a HUGE target today (as has happened)

@Beefster: Why must you leave us? :(

@Agar: Umm, seeing as you dodged my last question, I'll just give you the same as others. If I'm lynched and show up as town today, who would you see as likely scum for tomorrow when it is lynch or lose. Possible pairings? Final fun, but serious, question: Have you considered the possibility that I am neither scum nor the cop?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #54) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:01 am

Post by DavidParker »

FoS: NS

Avoiding my questions! Sure it's great you can't go through the thread with people in iso etc, but there's a tiny paragraph in my post with your name on it that could have easily been answered!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #55) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:21 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well, I'm in a position where I know a lot more than other townies because of the "lies" and other actions of mine (ie: the cop thing), however, having noone trust me makes this information not all that useful. THe problem is I can either reveal my information so town are aided, but it helps the mafia just as much (imo what I know, it helps them more), so not revealing at all if I'm going to be lynched means you go into day 3 lynch or lose in a position where you can look at everything a fresh, and I haven't further helped the town, but haven't further helped the mafia.

Anyways,

To Everyone: Last night I was roleblocked. I lied about that thinking people would still believe I am the actual cop, and hoping to convince the mafia that maybe I am just a VanillaTownie, so I wouldn't be roleblocked during Night 2. However, with my imminent lynch it seems I have to reveal I was roleblocked. Also, by revealing I checked someone mafia may have slipped up during the day as that would have confused them since they believe I was roleblocked and they may have reacted differently. It seemed like a lie that would benefit the town, but if you believe I should be lynched for it, I won't stop you.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #56) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:09 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well, i'm only at L-1 now. Maybe instead of just rushing into lynching me as soon as possible, people should actually consider the possibility I'm not scum, and realise you need to be scum-hunting now as well.

I changed my story so quickly because I was about to be lynched quadz : )

Seems like no better time to tell it like it is...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #57) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:37 am

Post by DavidParker »

Obviously you can disregard all I say if I'm scum, or use it to find my scum buddy.

But here is what I feel: AGaR - DEFINITE town read. He is the one who pointed out how mallow made the planning comment with scumbuddies. Obviously, it could have been done to fool us and play the newb card by mallow so I didn't entirely believe it (hence why I hammered him) but when he flips town, I think this almost clears AGaR. Yes, this is largely reiterating thor's point, but I think it should be good to look back.

ThoR - After his useful last post, get a very good town feel from him.

Quadz - Town feel from him after he started speculating on a possible scum connection between Agar and myself, sure there wasn't much in it I feel, but he seems to be actively scum hunting and trying to find possible scum pairings.

Wraith - Biggest scum feel from him. Even now when he posts and answers my questions, he is just lurking. He doesn't add anything. He only added something on Day 1 when basically forced into doing it, and his entire big post where he "scum-hunted" seemed VERY FORCED and just reinforced my scum read on him.

NS - Neutral. As stated, he's the IC so getting a read on him when half the time he's trying to do his job and "teach" us and the other half trying to win the game, makes it hard. I do get an odd feel from him though.

SB - Neutral. Had a town feel for a lot of yesterday, but with recent events, the killing off of uite the other town feel, it's hard to say I have valid reason to say I have a town read on him, mostly just second guessing my initial read I think.

So, with no further ado, switching my vote to who I believe to be the scummiest.

VOTE: Wraith

Alright the mallow Lynch, my defence:

I was the one who probably defended mallow more than anyone yesterday, and ironically that doesn't help my case. As scum would KNOW he's town. However, scum would probably not hammer someone they have been saying is town (nor would town) for a while, anyways, that's a lot of WIFOM so I won't go there. I had defended mallow because while he had made some of the scummiest actions, to me he had made some of the least scummy. From past games I've played, people who have led the bandwagons haven't been scum, he had led the bandwagons on me. Sure someone said scum sometimes have to try lead justified bandwagons on people to seem town and fit in, but games I've played they've never done this so actively, so that gave me my initial town read on him. EVen when i was at L-1 on day 1, and posting my scum list, mallow was a town read for me. Then there was the post Agar pointed out which gave me a town read. However, mallow had backtracked various points and just dug himself a big whole. He said he would hammer me if he could (anti-town in itself, yes i know i'm being a hypocrit cuz tahts what i did to him ending day 1).

So why would I hammer someone who was only being defended by himself and ME (to some extent)? Because I started to doubt myself.. I kept second guessing my read on him as town, as he had done some fairly scummy things as pointed out by uite/SB etc. (can't be bothered digging them up atm) There was a solid case against him.. And, I was getting impatient and anxiious as this is someone I had defended to some extent, so I decided to just hammer and get it over with thinking that would clear my head, rather than dragging it out> Also, the games I'm used to playing have FARRRR shorter deadlines so I was getting a little impatient as well. I'm well aware it's anti-town, but that's for you to determine whether it's anti-town or scummy.

Regardless, I have a case to present against Wraith in my next post, as far as I see he's most definitely scum or a very newb player (like myself? ;) )
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #58) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:42 am

Post by DavidParker »

And yeah, I agree it makes no sense that I hammer'd mallow after defending him.

But using that against me? It doesn't make sense if I'm a scum, just as it doesn't make sense if I'm a townie..

Reread of Wraith reveals an interesting case against him...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #59) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Case against Wraith:

Introduction: The main thing that caught my attention on Wraith is how active he is but how much he seems to lurk. He is prompt in responding to questions and posts quite a lot (but very short posts, with little information). He had a brief period where he posted 2 long "scum-hunting" posts, but those were out of character for him, because people demanded it mostly. A town aligned player would use this active-ness to scum hunt and dig up cases on people, not lurk and read what other people are saying but not presenting any cases himself, but just sittin on the fence and using his defence of "oh i'm bad at recognizing scum"

Part 1: Early game tells:

Point 1: VERY early on admits he is bad at recognizing scum... This basically can be brought up again later to justify any votes on someone who he claimed was scummy but flips as town.

Point 2: Early on admits to having hosted a number of games elsewhere, but more importantly read through a few games here while waiting for his account to be validated... (Used this in response to a question regarding his bad scum reading)

Why is this relevent? He later asks (in seriousness) if we can no lynch.. If he'd read through a few games here he'd know that no lynch isn't a viable option. I don't know whether he's lying about having read through a few games here (he used that to answer a question about why is he bad at scum hunting) or whether his suggestion of a no lynch was to seem less scummy.. Either way it's a ludicrous request to make...

Point 3(IMPORTANT): In response to a question of what he would do as a cop at L-1:
Wraith wrote:2. Claim. If you die, you did nothing to help the town. You'll at least get the Doc to help you (there is a Doc in a game with a Cop) or force the scum to NK you.

Now, now, there's a doctor in the game???? SAYS WHO??? The only one who knows there's a doctor in the game (if there's a cop) is the mafia. It's been proven there is a roleblocker in the game because I was roleblocked last night. However, even if there's a cop in the game there's only a 50% chance there's a doctor. If there's both, there's a roleblocker for mafia, if there's only a cop, mafia have no roleblocker. This post implies Wraith KNOWS that there is a roleblocker in the game on day 1. Unless this was a HUGE slipup in wording, Wraith has to be scum.

Point 4: Said he would hammer me when asked, when it was well into day 1. Obviously, I don't think this is hugely important, but it is anti-town (just like my hammer was anti-town I know, no need to point out the hypocrisy in a lot of my accusations).

Everything Wraith seems to be doing is following the crowd. He follows the crowd in voting for me, then when 1 or 2 unvote he follows them in voting someone else.

Point 5: Wraith persists on questioning whether I claimed cop or not. As mafia you would want this clarified by me, so you know if I'm claiming cop or not. A small detail, but possibly scummy.

Point 6:
Wraith wrote:I do believe he and mallow are opposite alignments
Wraith was trying to push a mislynch on one of the two of u on day 1. He was trying to restrict the town to voting for one of us. When it was perfectly plausible that both of us were town. He justified this by saying, that mallow had attacked me and tried to bandwagon against me.. If anything if I turn town, that seemed to make him town as well for urging a mislynch not something a mafia would readily do (when there wasn't a real case against me just people not liking me for flaming them and being arrogant early!)

Point 7:
Wraith wrote:Ha, come to think of it, I might be wrong reading AGar as town based on the one post about No Lynch statistics. He may be scum trying to subtly lead us into a mislynch.
UGH What? Another stupid/meaningless post by wraith.. Of course we are going to lynch someone on day 1, agar pointing out that we have to lynch someone on day 1 is NOt scummy......

Point 8:
Wraith wrote:Speaking of misinterpretations, there's silver's comment on the earlier questions about the "extra vote hammer." Either you're not reading or you're digging for scumduggery, my bet's on the latter. Let's talk about that vote and that question. I initially voted DP because he was the scummiest player at the time. I said I would hammer if I had the extra vote because he was being a jerk at the time. I switched my vote because not only has DP stopped being a jerk (blatantly at least, he still jabs at people subtly, but don't we all?) but also because mallow has emerged as a scummier player. That answer your analysis?
Another example of his bandwagoning. You initially bandwagoned the vote on DP because I was the scummiest according to those leadin that bandwagon (mallow etc). You then switched your vote because a few other people had switched to mallow and he was now the scummiest according to those leading that bandwagon. Why did you not try to find any scum yourself at any point?

Point 9: I'll just use SB's arguement here:
silverbullet999 wrote:@Wraith

I have nothing useful to contribute at the moment, just maintaining my vote against mallow. I think Uite and NS make sound cases against him and further justify my suspicions.
It's always better to attempt to contribute something rather than nothing. Right now your just backing the arguments Uite and NS made, this gives you the perfect defense if their investigation ends up lynching him and he flips town. me no likie.
Part 2: His reaction to pressure
:

Point 1: He get's very sensitive and defensive... Here's a "lolworthy" example:
Wraith wrote:@silver: Why wouldn't it? Would YOU appreciate being accused of being scum?

@Beefster: If I wasn't already voting for a scummier player I'd probably vote for DP, not only because he also seems scummy to me but also because he's accusing me of scum, probably in retaliation for voting for him earlier in the day.
Point 2(Important): You then go onto try to explain that I am voting for you ONLY as revenge for you voting for me earlier... Um if I wanted to get back at anyone it would be those who started the bandwagon on me mallow/quadz etc. (well i guess i did get back at mallow heh)... You just joined in the bandwagon.. THe fact YOU tried to justify someone else's vote and explain it makes no sense. Why are you explaining my vote? I'm the only one who can explain it, and let me tell you it's because you read like scum. You still read like scum. And you probably are Scum.

Point 3: Now Wraith gets a few votes I think and how does he react??? A long post of him "scum-hunting" ! Yay! NOT. He basically just attacks someone who is already prestented as a possible scum (mallow) and reiterates the arguements everyone has used. There is nothing pro-town about his long post. He has just made it to try get suspicion of him. The entire thing seems FAKE AND FORCED.
Wraith wrote:DavidParker: leaning pro-town, but he seems hell-bent on hunting for scum that aren't there
OH trust me, the Scum IS THERE.

Point 4: His idea of "scum-hunting" is seeing the obvious and showing the obvious to his comrades??? There's a quote somewhere for this.. He also admits to playing stupider than he actually is.. That is a COMMON scum ploy from so many games I've played in.. Oh I found the quote:
Wraith wrote:And to reply to one of DP's earlier comments: of course it's beneficial to me to play stupider than I actually am initially. Yeah, I still am not the best scumhunter, but my scumdar wasn't made in 1942. I can see the obvious, and I can show the obvious to my comrades.
Point 5: More of Wraith not dealing well with people voting for him...
Wraith wrote:I'm rather annoyed that the people who are voting for me are:

1. Ignoring major scumtells on mallow (early lynch, BW<<<<this just flashes red to me)
2. Insisting that my defense of myself is scummy. We're at the tipping point here, and apparently attempting to keep myself from getting killed is a scumtell.
3. Believing DP's case over mine. His entire case is based around the vague ambiguity that I am trying to blend in as town too much. I've pointed out several scumtells that mallow has slipped up with. The only case DP has against me is that I'm defending myself against lynch.
They can choose whose case to believe whenever they want...

Part 3: His scum buddy!

Alright, no real points to be made, but will quote some stuff possibly. As thor stated, there is an obvious scum buddy: Nobody_Special! Although, not entirely convinced it would be him if Wraith is scum, there is one post by NS to distance himself from Wraith, but that was around when Wraith was L-2..

His Random vote is for nobody special. Obvious not really a tell in any way or shape of form. But who knows, sometimes random votes start an early bandwagon that gets people to L-1, its happened in other games, and then usually that person doesnt even get lynched. Also, some early game discussion between the two regarding his avatar, not sure if there's any messages to be read in that!

Now the main reasoning to believe this scum-pairing: Well, for starters, all of Wraith's scum lists, show NS in a pro-town reading. But with no reasoning or justification behind it. He sometimes justifies other reads of his but never this one...
Wraith wrote:1. mallowgeno: scumdar shooting sparks
2. silverbullet: pro-town, scumhunter extraordinaire
3. quadz08: It's a toss-up, but doing that analysis (especially with mallow's vote against him) I'm inclined to think he was a townie who fell for buddying
4. Uite: pro-town, scumhunter
5. DavidParker: leaning pro-town, but he seems hell-bent on hunting for scum that aren't there
6. AGar: neutral. I think he needs to participate some more
7. Beefster: Leaning pro-town, need more posts to decide
8: NS: Leaning pro-town
Is also "careful" about it by saying leaning pro-town rather than the uite "protown scumhunter". The main thing bringing doubt to this pairing for me is when NS went "on the attacK 'against Wraith for a very brief time in day 1. I still forsee a possible quadz pairing with him.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (isolation #60) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I fully agree and acknowledge I have lied and backtracked and acted scummy. When I am lynched I'm just saying that revealing me as town-aligned you'll have your first scum in Wraith is my guess.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #61) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@ Wraith: Why do you believe it's a non PR game???!?

And why do you think NS is town?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #62) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Wraith wrote:Well, I'm pretty confident as to who I'm gonna vote for today (at least at this time), but I'm gonna wait for NS and Beefster to contribute their views first.

Also, once again Wraith sitting on the fence waiting to bandwagon others...

It's funny how you are suddenly "Sure I am scum" when I attack you and are trying to focus on my scumminess in your posts. My scumminess has been highlighted, just stick to answering my questions rather than diverting the attention of your posts to how I'm scum,

We all know I'm scum already (/sarcasm), no need to keep repeating it when the only thing of interest is in the rest of your posts.

It's funny because you are so shaky right now. You are worried people might bandwagon you today, that's why you are so focus'd on trying to get me lynched today, just so you can survive another day. I know you're scum, while everyone else might not, they sure will know tomorrow when I've been lynched and revealed as town. You better hope you're partner is clever enough to win on day 4, cause you're getting lynched tomorrow and scum will be down to 1.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #63) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by DavidParker »

edit: Rest of your points*
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #64) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Well, on day 1 he said he felt NS was town, but didn't justify it in any way.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #65) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Feel free to tell me what your current stance on NS's alignment is and why, Wraith.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I would have stated that it's for the benefit of the town not to know. Since I was roleblocked, there's obviously a doctor in the game capable of protecting me. By revealing who is town aligned, the mafia now have a target for their night kill, sure the doctor could protect him, but then maybe the mafia would be capable of killing off the cop. Although, there's so many people voting for me now, I don't see why mafia would kill me for any reason now, but that's if your situation had happened.

I could have revealed my information tomorrow just as easily, and that reduces the chance said confirmed-townie gets night killed.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (isolation #67) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@SB: If for some reason we lynch wraith today and he flips scum, would you still suspect me? If you lynch me, and I flip scum, would you still suspect Wraith?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (isolation #68) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by DavidParker »

@ Wraith: I'm not arguing with your counterpoints because I see no need to do that. I'm glad you chose to choose which questions to answer, and answer the least important one. If you want to ask me anything (you might it makes you look less scummy although it's too late now) go ahead, ill answer.

HERE I'LL ASK YOU AGAIN: What is your current stance on NS's alignment and why? And would you find him more suspicious following a lynch on me which revealed me as town? Also, do you think it's possible he's a scum partner with me?
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #69) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by DavidParker »

From past games mass claim strat has always failed, and I fear here may be no different :/
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (isolation #70) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by DavidParker »

The idea does sound quite entertaining, but a doctor claiming doesn't even clear me...

Ie: I am scum, and we have no roleblocker, I know there's a cop or doctor in the game. By this point I believe there to be a doctor since no cop has counter claimed me, so agreeing to this popcorn style claim would just result in doctor coming out.

Also possible: I am scum, we have a roleblocker, My teammate claims to be the doctor. Obviously, the main problem here is if neither of us are lynched, we also won't be night killed either, suspicion may arise, but noone will be able to prove anything either way. This could result in a big WIFOM "oh scum left doctor and cop both alive to make ppl suspect them because it doesnt make sense".

So if I am scum, as you say this may reveal, mafia have a way out whether there is a doctor in the game or not (and mafia know that atm, basically)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (isolation #71) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by DavidParker »

And if i'm not scum, all it succeeds in doing is outing the doctor.. Don't see any real benefit sadly :/
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #72) » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Just go ahead and lynch me today then lynch wraith tomorrow if you are happy with the fact he is most likely scum given that I'm not.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #73) » Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I agree having me in lylo is bad, but if you lynch scum today, you can hold off on lynching me anyways. I feel it's pretty clear I'm not scum at this point. Funny how the two people insisting I am scum are NS and Wraith... The two people I have paired as a possible scum team.

Also, NS i posted some question for you a few pages back, which you ignored!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (isolation #74) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:54 am

Post by DavidParker »

You can't believe anything I say?? Good. You should never believe anything anyone says at any point in the game.. You always have to look at it from the possibility they are scum or towny. So that's nothing new there...
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #75) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:05 am

Post by DavidParker »

Well, I've got that impression from numerous people pointing out how dumb some of my actions are for scum, ie: lying and admitting to it when people said they would lynch all liars. And the fact people reiterated their "town" impression of me, made me believe it.

With that said, I still fully see why a lynch on me is almost necessary just incase I am scum.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (isolation #76) » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by DavidParker »

I just fail to see any reason a scum would point out a post that almost clears a player entirely as town-aligned assuming they aren't lying and were genuinely making a newb mistake (that was the vibe the post gave). As it was shown the player in question was being genuine, I think AGaR is very trustworthy at the moment. As in keep him around until Lylo and then decide if his case is solid enough then.

As for the rest, the only other person who I think would be beneficial to see in lylo is maybe SB, (with 2 town, 1 mafia left that is), not because I find him pro-town but because I think he has posted a lot and taken sides enough a case for or against him could easily be decided. Thor's early game inactivity makes him a liability in lylo, but he's showing to be quite pro-town today, but we can't let that clear him. As for ns/quadz/wraith, well the three of you have been scummy at one point or another, and having you around for lylo is almost unavoidable. I think it's clear the doctor should protect Agar at this point, but that's just my opinion.

@Wraith: yeah, i agree others such as quadz are doing much worse in terms of fence sitting at the moment. I remember a fairly strong case against quadz yesterday that i am going to reread now.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (isolation #77) » Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:02 am

Post by DavidParker »

/here for "bah" post

-town "cop"

:(
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #78) » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by DavidParker »

here's me wishing i didn't quick lynch mallow when i thought he was town on day 1... quadz and wraith were the next 2 most likely to be lynched :/

was just impatient.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #79) » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:10 am

Post by DavidParker »

yeah well done NS/SB : )
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #80) » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by DavidParker »

it always come back to the person who hammered though... regardless of who's under suspicion
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #81) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:09 am

Post by DavidParker »

yeah but i got lynched the next day LOL....

so you hammer me day 1.. get mallow lynched day 2.. oh look, those were the 2 who got lynched day 1 and 2 anyways!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #82) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:03 am

Post by DavidParker »

no material = person who hammered is to blame.
= they get lynched.

You would have been STRETCHING to get mallow lynched day 2, and I reckon the person who hammer'd would have been the one lynched on day 2 regardless. Quickhammer is a huge scum tell and something having around in lylo is unavoidable. Also, mallow's case on me actually gave me a town vibe on him (which i stated) even though I knew it would be a mislynch, so i'm guessing some other ppl might have caught that..

this is a lot of what if's, and somethign i dont think u should even be considering, u can say u think he should have hammered, but i dont think u can speculate any further than that, just like i probably shouldnt, but im just trying to point out why ur speculation is silly.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (isolation #83) » Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by DavidParker »

haha, i saw that game and wanted to replace in so bad. btw, shouldnt discuss it, its still ongoing :p

as said, speculating isnt really something u can accurately do.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:12 am

Post by DavidParker »

well i dont think my claim did any harm in this game. I would have been lynched as a VT anyways. if anything it helped by more discussion arising.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”