Newbie 732 - Abandoned

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: Mafiana

The name says it all.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I have seen mafia try to pass themselves as adorable kittens before (sekinj, farside), so my vote on Furpants stands. Nothing gets past me.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:51 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

blizzire wrote:
Unvote

changing votes just makes you more suspicious
Not if it has good reasoning attached to it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:27 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

3 weeks is hardly nothing. I am not a big fan of long drawn out days, personally, since I am an impatient person, but 3 weeks is very fast in mafia scum terms. I've had a game that was on the same page for a month, and on the same day for about 3. It was so frustrating, cause nobody would ever post. Bleh. rofl was in that game, and was fortunate enough to be lynched the day before that though.

How has the game been treating me? Meh. Page 3. No reads on anyone really. This isn't the worst batch that I've had to IC for, so that's good. I think it will be a pretty fun game, if everyone is dedicated enough, and the game never stalls. You can't really control that kind of thing though.

vote: tocking fiper
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Actarus wrote:
Furpants_Tom wrote:Come on, guys; quit playing so conservatively. If you lot don't start throwing some mud around, we'll never see what sticks.

I've given you all plenty to work with, so far - if there's a pattern to my accusations, you'll continue to get a steady stream of data to discern it. But blizzire, Honko and orangepenguin, you're giving us next to nothing to go on. Infinis and Actarus, it wouldn't hurt to have a bit more info from you two, as well. And tucking fypo is brand new, so some initial thoughts would be appreciated. roflcopter and luchs, I like the way you work, keep it up.

Oh, and specifically - Infinis, what makes you think I'm scumbuddies with Actarus or roflcopter?
/ shrug. There's really nothing for me to add to the discussion, imo, hence the silence. Nothing sticks out as scummy to me. I know infinis scum buddy theory is wrong, at least with regards to me. Interestingly enough, the only other thing I notice is that the will of the town seems to be leaning towards lynching you.
unvote, vote: actarus
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

You have nothing to add, so you're basically active lurking, which I find scummy.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

A player you think could be scum: Actarus, because he is active lurking and not really helping us by not communicating with the rest of the town. Also, despite his claims otherwise, he seems to want/think we have to random vote day 1.

A player you think could be scum: luch, because he seems to be bandwagoning shortly after I voted him, and basically said nothing new about it, recyling what's been said already about him.

A player you kinda trust: Furpants, because he is very vocal and intent at the moment for the town to speak up and discuss and stuff. Plus, he has information he is withholding, which indicates to me that he is someone to trust.

A player you kinda trust: secret_agent, because he hasn't said anything scummy yet. :P (
mod: prod?
)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

luchs wrote:
Tucking Fypo wrote:Alright, I want to spice things up a bit. I am the cop.

I demand protection tonight. At this point I am either going to investigate OrangePenguin or Infinis.
What if there is no doctor?
What if there is no cop?

Why me and Infinis? Any particular reasons? Was it because I random voted you?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

luchs wrote:

Also for new people you can read 1 person threads by going to the bottom and switcing it from all users to a specific person.
Ah, everyone should be aware of this. It took me about 3-4 months, or so, before I discovered that nifty tool. It makes looking at posts in isolation much much easier, and is very helpful.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:22 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Why is everyone claiming day 1? We've had several vanilla claims and a powerrole claim already.and the biggest wagon is Actarus with ..2 votes. Wow. People need to knock that off, unless we decide on a mass claim, which in a newbie set up day 1 is kind of stupid. Well, not kind of, really stupid.

Tom, I must say your little stunt was really anti-climatic. I thought you had something, but..my trust for you has wavered just a tad. I think your intentions are probably good though, so I don't know what to make of that.

A lot of people's suspicions on people are stemming from OMGUS reasons. You guys need to be careful of that, and don't let your emotions take over your play.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:17 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, the reason I thought he could be trusted because if he had information that I figured would help town. He said if we did his little game, that'd he would share the info. I thought he was hinting at being a power role, and that he had valuable info, that could help us find scum. I am not sure what to think now. I think his information was just a ploy to get people posting, which may or may not be scummy. Eh. I don't trust him as much though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #11) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Actarus wrote:Okay, general mafia question for those that have played more than 5 games (including this, it's my 6th), so.

What's your experience with day phase 1? Specifically conversation-wise?

My experience is that it's somewhat rare for meaningful game-related information to come out. The funniest for me was a full-on role claim in another mafia game I'm playing right now (the theme is the Disney Cartoon Recess). Also, I'll admit that Fypo claiming his role was unexpected. Whether that was a good move or not will be revealed in due time, but I digress.

Generally if there's conversation going on, it's usually not game related. Again, in my experience. Once we get past the first night phase, information starts trickling down the pipe because we'll have something to work with. Whether it's a lynch / mislynch / night activity, there's something to go on to help put this puzzle together.

Also, because it's farther along one can read / interpret one's behavior / body language more easily simply because the game is farther along. Point of interest, patterns, lies, deception, etc. will be evident to some degree.

Again, these are just my personal experiences and I don't mean to make vast sweeping generalizations. Ultimately, I'm curious. So what's your experience like with day phase 1?
I have played 28 other games, besides this one. Some of them are ongoing, but the majority of them have completed.

My experience day 1? In newbie games, nothing really happens cause the majority has no idea what to do. After about a month and a half of discussion, somebody usually ends up being lynched. This game has a deadline, so more discussion is forced. In general, Day 1 starts w/ random phase until somebody says something that somebody else blows out of proportion, and then the game becomes serious, and then everyone suspects eachother, lalala, and then somebody is lynched. The majority of time, Day 1 is a mislynch, but there has games I've played where scum were lynched day 1. Day 2 starts out good, but stalls. ALWAYS. Bah.

Day 1 is basically useless, infowise, until later in the game, which in that case, you look at Day 1, and you find stuff you wouldn't have Otherwise. Cause you find out more as the game goes on, and therefore, posts take on another meaning.

Like if Player A flipped town, you can read their post from a town POV, and look at others posts to them, and see if cases on that person were bad or not, and that can sometimes reveal scum. Eh. Every game is different though. Some games go really fast day 1, but burn out by 2. The game I mentioned earlier that lasted for months and months, a few pages back, started out super fast. The first two days was within a week IRL. But then the game sort of died.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Infinis wrote:If he's scum, does that exonerate the wagon? If he's town, then do we look harder at his detractors?
No, because scum could've bussed. If he's town, then no, other town don't know his alignment. Him flipping either way does not clear anyone really, but if he is town, it's a good place to look the next day, even though it's possible that scum was never voting him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Furpants at at L-2.

I am not sure about Actarus, so
unvote
for now, before I formulate my thoughts a bit.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:59 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: Furpants

I've thought about it for awhile, and I think at first, your intentions for gathering that info was a protown, because I assumed you were just a powerrole, since you claimed having something useful for the town. Then you said there was nothing, and you were a townie. Probably the safest claim for scum, day 1, and you having us post who we think are scum and town really hasn't helped that much. Knowing who each person thinks is pro-town usually only helps scum.

Where is everybody?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Mod: what time of the day is the deadline?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #16) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Actarus wrote:
Vote: Furpants_Tom

Well, this is quite pickle I’m in, lol! Infinis, the hammer is quite literally in your hands.

If I do get lynched, I wish the town luck quite simply because I am town. I wish I could leave a “look at this guy” list, but I said this before and I’ll say it again: not enough to go on right now (it’s day phase 1 people!) for me to judge anyone at the moment.

The ONLY thing I found weird was Tucking Fypo claiming cop the way he did. I’d like to know how many games he’s played, because it COULD be a rookie mistake, or a gutsy risk.

If I DO survive, and if Fypo is a cop, again, I welcome an investigation.
:? I disagree that we have little to go on. While me may not have as much info as we would in later days, the posts here speak for themselves and if you haven't come to a decision by now, than I don't know what else to say.

I also don't like the subtle cop directing at the end.
unvote, vote: Actarus
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #17) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Infinis wrote:
Furpants_Tom wrote:Oh, and remember; don't lynch the hammerer.
I see, exonerating the hammerer preemptively, very town. Now I regret not being the hammer...which leads me to...

@orangepenguin Nice flip/flop for the hammer, risky gambit...unless Furpants is your scum buddy?

I didn't really flipflop, I thought both had an equal shot at being scum. Actarus a bit moreso than Tom, but after his little lie, he moved up the list quite a bit. Actarus flipped town though, so..

orangepenguin wrote:
luchs wrote:
Tucking Fypo wrote:Alright, I want to spice things up a bit. I am the cop.

I demand protection tonight. At this point I am either going to investigate OrangePenguin or Infinis.
What if there is no doctor?
What if there is no cop?

Why me and Infinis? Any particular reasons? Was it because I random voted you?
Good reason to kill tucking_fypo, for you or scum who wants to frame you
Based off of that WIFOM, you're basically implicating yourself too. Yet you ignore that.

orangepenguin wrote:
Mod: what time of the day is the deadline?
Desperately signaling scum buddy at L-1?

You're reaching, aren't you? The mod never clarified when the deadline was. Not sure how that is even scummy.

orangepenguin wrote:A player you think could be scum: Actarus, because he is active lurking and not really helping us by not communicating with the rest of the town. Also, despite his claims otherwise, he seems to want/think we have to random vote day 1.

A player you think could be scum: luch, because he seems to be bandwagoning shortly after I voted him, and basically said nothing new about it, recyling what's been said already about him.

A player you kinda trust: Furpants, because he is very vocal and intent at the moment for the town to speak up and discuss and stuff. Plus, he has information he is withholding, which indicates to me that he is someone to trust.

A player you kinda trust: secret_agent, because he hasn't said anything scummy yet. :P (
mod: prod?
)
So you vote Furpants who you trusted and then the aforementioned flip-flop hammer on Actarus?

I trusted him at the time. When he revealed that he lied and everything, my opinion about him changed dramatically.

At this point I can't decide who to vote first orange or furpants...

Vote: Orange Penguin

Bolding mine (minus the op vote).

"At this point, I can't decide who to vote first" Furpants, for yesterday's behavior, or Infinis, for his craplogic.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #18) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

For now, I am just going to stick with a vote for Furpants though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

blizzire wrote:
Vote:roflcopter
If he is mafia, Furpants_Tom and he are doing the vote for each other plan.
You mean bussing? :wink:

@rofl: I saw you post elsewhere, so why not here?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 am

Post by orangepenguin »

That was "@rofl", not you, and he seems to know where he posted.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #21) » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I really don't understand why you didn't place a vote on Furpants if you didn't think Actarus was scum. Or at least place your vote somewhere. You were hoping someone would leave the person you thought was scummy and hammer the person you thought were town? That doesn't really make much sense to me.

unvote, vote: infinis

I stated my opinions on both Tom and Actarus. I thought both were scummy at the end of Day 1. I was wrong about Actarus, obviously, but so was everyone else that was voting him. True, I moved my vote multiple times, from one wagon, to another, but I thought they both had an equal chance of being scum. In the end, Actarus was lynched.

Standing off in the sidelines, hiding your opinions day 1, and not bothering to place a vote and scummy IMO. Were you active lurking as well?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, so we have exactly two weeks until deadline. Might not seem like a big deal, but time flies.

luch, my vote is not OMGUS. It's based on his crap logic and everything I else I already stated.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #23) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Infinis wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:Okay, so we have exactly two weeks until deadline. Might not seem like a big deal, but time flies.

luch, my vote is not OMGUS. It's based on his crap logic and everything I else I already stated.
Ok then please tell me why it's crap logic again.

1) You couldn't wait and let me hammer? You wagon jumped! That's scummy at the verfy least it's even more indecisive than what you are accusing me of being when I didn't hammer.

2) One post made you think actarus was scum enough to hammer his wagon, my left foot.

3) If any bussing is going on here its OP bussing Tom, hence the hammer instead of waiting for me to make a case and drop the hammer. OP couldnt risk me lynching his scum buddy as I was obviously leaning.
1) There was 8 other people. Nobody said you had to choose between Tom and Actarus. I wagoned jumped? Yes. Did I have suspicions of both of them? Yes. It'd be scummy if I randomly switched boat, but I didn't. I thought both were scummy.
2) It wasn't just one post. Let's just say I am very indecisive in intense situations.
3) If I didn't want a Furpants lynch, I could've just..you know, kept my vote stuck on Actarus. Then again, with 9 people alive, there doesn't have to be solely two people to decide between. If you were so obviously leaning towards FT, you probably should've placed a vote on him, don't you think? I don't see how I am bussing him. Sure, I said I "trusted him" in his little experience..as much as you can trust somebody day 1. That's because I figured he had knowledge = town. He wouldn't have said that if he was scum. And then he went around and said he was lying about having information.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:14 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Where is everyone? About 10 days until deadline.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:25 am

Post by orangepenguin »

MOD
can we have a new vote count, please?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #26) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

So blizzire, Honko, and luchs are off the hook for the rest of the day? What, are you trying to protect
them
? I don't understand how having the town tunnel is going to be helpful if we keep doing it on a day to day basis.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #27) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, and roflcopter appears to be L-1.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Blizzire, Furpants, and You are voting rofl. 3 votes. 4 votes to lynch. L-1. Meaning one vote would hammer him.

unvote, vote: Furpants

Eh, I still think Infinis is scummy for reasons I mentioned (like how I think his case is crap), but the way Furpants keeps talking- which isn't scummy, but today and yesterday, he always act like there is a two person choice. It's not set on two different people. I just think that's scummy, by ignoring the other people. You might not think they are scum, fine, but to completely disregard over half the players, because they are lurking. I think we need some prods going on, considering we have less than a week now.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

If you want to lurkers to make a decision, apply some pressure on them by voting them until they make a decision. Otherwise they're just going to sit on the sides and not say anything, because they feel they don't have to. Right now, I think chances are, you're more likely to be scum than Infinis.

I also have a bad feeling about the day. My guy leads me believe that one or more of the lurkers are scum, leaving the 3/4 of us shooting eachother in the foot, self-destructing.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ugh, your post better be good. This is your 9th post along the lines of "real post tomorrow" or "I'm busy". 40% of your total posts this game. Not sure if you just don't care about the game, or if you are active lurking. If it's the ladder, than yeah, I would vote you. Not quite sure if I'd hammer over that though, but I will if needed to lynch somebody by the deadline. But stop with the derailing. Don't bother posting about when you are going to post - just do it when you do it. :roll:

I agree with Furpant's A point to an extent, except I am not sure if he's much of a conversation blocker...just more of a derailer, which isn't really beneficial towards the town. But considering all the other players are posting even less..than I have no idea. I am just confused.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Right, okay, let's try some pressure then?

vote: Honko
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (isolation #32) » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Eh. I don't think Kieraen is scum. Glad we got a replacement finally for Honko.

unvote

The deadline is tomorrow. The two top targets for today is FT and rofl. I think Kieraen has done a good job thus far..Infinis is questionable, based off of my earlier suspicions though. Blizzire is a lurker. His vote was questionable. FT's vote was just a quickvote on someone who he thinks the town will switchover to save his own skin..

The three not on the wagons are me, rofl, and MoD. MoD and I are not voting anyone presently, and rofl has been voting Infinis for a while. MoD has been lurking since he replaced in, and rofl keeps coming in and out.

Since I am more suspicious of Furpants, and have been for a while, I will move my vote over to him.
. Tom is L-1, for the record. Deadline is less than 24 hours now.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Can we just get a replacement mod? I'd do it myself if I could, but..

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”