Newbie 686 - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:13 am

Post by seawolf167 »

/confirm
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:06 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Grum wrote:Okay so I'm not one to random vote but I've found that my stance on voting in general gets me in trouble...
Seems like any vote would get you in trouble because the person you vote for (scum or not) would have a possibility of being lynched, so why worry overly about that?
Grum wrote:I will be both paranoid and protective of my personal votes
I understand that - however being that there are not a large number of responses/posts, there isn't much to go on...

Grum wrote:So now I will have you know that every one is greatly suspicious to me unless given any reason not to be
This in itself makes me a little bit suspicious
Grum wrote:I also tend to make little sense from time to time so please ask for clearance if needed.
Is this so you can possible switch and try to explain you are on the other side of your posted argument if it goes badly?
Grum wrote:I have a growing suspicion of Light source if he doesn't post after picking up the PM.
I don't think you can/should be suspicious of someone that
per the mod
has not even read his PM yet.

------------------------------
Tamuz wrote:He is scum
Mighty quick with the trigger there... one "suspicious" post and he is automatically scum?
Tamuz wrote:if you're town, you really shouldn't care about 'getting into trouble'
I think everyone needs to think about "getting into trouble" with the opposing faction - as everyone is fair game to get lynched. Assume he is town - as the first post, he either random votes or throws out some of his info/strategies/suggestions. Assume he is scum and he'll try and hide or make pre-excuses (both which I'll note he has done...)

alex aragao wrote:Grum is giving a pre-excuse for panicking
Agreed. However, you are drawing people's attention away from yourself very quickly, should this be read as trying to stay in the background/safe as scum while drawing/keeping suspicion elsewhere?

alex aragao wrote:This should be random voting, but Grum is looking scummy
Gettin' that bandwagon fired up! (as second vote for Grum) It's looking kind of scummy that the two posts immediately following Grum both vote for him...

As a personal FYI: I will mainly be posting Monday through Friday between 7AM - 3PM CST, scummy posting during work eh? lol (It's the slow season at work now that its getting cold here)
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:17 am

Post by seawolf167 »

@Grum - in your last post, who are you referring to when you use the word "you" & "your"?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:10 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Xtoxm wrote:Vote tamuz
Care to explain this at all? Your first post and it's a vote for tamuz with no explanation or reasoning...

Destrox wrote:
seawolf167 wrote:
alex aragao wrote:Grum is giving a pre-excuse for panicking
Agreed. However, you are drawing people's attention away from yourself very quickly, should this be read as trying to stay in the background/safe as scum while drawing/keeping suspicion elsewhere?
This made me laugh. You say other people are trying to draw the attention away from themselves yet you made no mention of yourself in your post and just talked about others.....why? Talking about others is fine but doesn't that seem a bit hypocritical (a little too strong of a word, but still gets the idea across).
I was breaking down the posts in front of mine as I saw them. If it seemed like I was dodging away, ask me a question and I'll answer it!

Tamuz wrote:Time to rip some new ones.
16: alex aragao
I'll return in bigger depth. But hows the buddying up to me? I hear its really cool to do, buddy with a townie so when he (inevitably) dies, you look townier for sharing his ideas. Beautiful.
Agreed
Tamuz wrote: 17: seawolf
I don't follow why you understand "paranoia and overprotection" of votes. To me this is just a way to hide your vote trail. Prevent yourself from taking a concrete position so you can be as wishy washy as possible.
Don't worry about me, I'll give my vote, just didn't want to give the scum a bandwagon (Yes I agree 2 vote is not a bandwagon, in my opinion it gets easier to wagon someone the more votes they get -- didn't want to give or help to quick lynch to Grum after hearing only a couple of his posts)
Grum wrote: I can't tell you how very scummy Tamuz is to me from my point of view because it's just stupid to vote some one or even FOS because they voted you.
Tamuz is defiantly aggressive, however good points have been raised regarding your behavior thus far.

I'll post more later, but so far:

Tamuz - very aggressive (for good or bad), but does make good points in his posts (not just regarding Grum). I see him as kind of neutral atm, the early aggression leans towards scum, but the posting and reasoning leans towards town

Grum - making excuses so they can be used when needed, getting defensive when people look closely at his posts, did not vote right back for Tamuz or Alex even though they voted for him (at least it isn't a OMGUS). Feels scummy right now, for all the reasons previously mentioned.

Xtoxm - one post and its a vote for Tamuz with no explanation or reasoning? This seems to be the scummiest of all... just getting a vote out there and hoping to fade back into the shadows? definitely leaning towards the scummier side now

alex aragao - seems to like following people (or at least agreeing with them), and doing so very quickly. Possibly trying to switch trains when each one becomes less appealing?

Alduskkel - seems well reasoned, feels pro-town atm.
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:28 am

Post by seawolf167 »

@ Destrox - what are your thoughts on Grum?

@ Xtoxm - why the quick no explanation vote for Tamuz?

@ Clyde - what do you think about Xtoxm's vote for Tamuz?

@Grum
Grum wrote: I can't say much for me either though, I have an excuse, which I admit only can help scum. I'm not getting any help out of it for sure though I can't say I didn't know I'd get this kind of reaction.
Are you saying here that your excuse was when you told everybody that you may need to re-explain posts or that they might not make sense? If that is the case - why did you/do you think that type of excuse would help?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:50 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Xtoxm wrote:Page 2...You don't have to give a reason this early...
Nothing? Not even going to say "Its a random vote" or "I didn't like his previous posts"?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:06 am

Post by seawolf167 »

If you are scum, good riddance, there will be one less of you.

If you
are
town, you are not helping in any way shape or form. No reasoning, explanations, thoughts, nothing.

Can't (or I won't) count on this changing and you helping us (as town).

Besides, I'd much rather vote to lynch a useless town (if you are town) the first day (as a meat shield) than someone who posts (Grum, Tamuz, etc.) that has a possibility of being town
or
scum (at least they are helping by getting reactions, information, etc.) It'd be a different story if it were not day 1 and the town was much more concerned about their population count.

Vote: Xtoxm
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:29 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Guys seriously, page 2, first post, there was nothing real behind my vote.
Yet you voted for Tamuz, who (coincidentally) was tied for the highest vote count?
Unvote Vote Grum
A little OMGUS?
Because he's put me at the top of his list for random voting.
Confirmed.

No more content to post?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:33 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Edit previous post (too add below)
Grum wrote: Tamuz 40%
xtoxm30%
alex20%
every one else 10%
me 0%
Xtoxm wrote: Because he's put me at the top of his list for random voting.
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:37 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Terrible... sorry for the triple post, but I just re-read this part:
Grum wrote: xtoxm
tumaz
alex
everyone else
me
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:10 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Recap:
Xtoxm wrote: Vote tamuz
and
Xtoxm wrote:
seawolf167 wrote:
Xtoxm wrote: Page 2...You don't have to give a reason this early...
Nothing? Not even going to say "Its a random vote" or "I didn't like his previous posts"?
No
Followed by trying to get out of it by posting:
Xtoxm wrote: Guys seriously, page 2, first post, there was nothing real behind my vote.
Then we get:
Xtoxm wrote: Unvote Vote Grum
Which came before:
Alduskkel wrote: Unvote.

Why? I just realized that Grum is (actually "was" now that I've unvoted) at L-1 and I don't want someone to hammer and end the day prematurely
Which like alex aragao said:
alex aragao wrote: Everyone is pressuring you and you vote on someone to get L-1 just because he doesn't trust you.
Presumably because we are waiting on Destrox, Grum, & rahul to vote (note that Grum isn't going to vote for himself here...)

So going back and reading, we see:
Destrox wrote: Yet I made no point against you? You are very quick to point out others to shift the spotlight even when they have not even considered you...

Xtoxm, lynching with your only explanation being an innocent face? You still have not made your actions clear, but I do not think you are the worst of our worries at the moment.
rahul wrote: Case I: Grum is mafia. A lot of things fit. Highly probable
Seems like both rahul & Destrox are (or were)
leaning
towards a Grum vote here (note that they both had more to say, I'm just pulling a couple parts which showed a leaning towards Grum), so with the vote going to L1, this would provide Xtoxm with an easy out (especially considering that he has maybe only posted 3-4 sentences)

Xtoxm do you have any response to any of this?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:17 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Xtoxm wrote: I'm thinking Tamuz and Grum are the scum right now.
Possibly Alex being one if they aren't.
If you think that Tamuz and Grum are both scum (or possibly alex with one of the previous out), why did you switch votes from Tamuz to Grum (and why not to alex)? Why not continue with Tamuz who you already thought was a scum?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:52 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Alduskkel wrote: I think we should wait until Tuesday when he comes back to make a decision. Maybe Wednesday, just to be safe. I do think he gave it thought though. Before he left he gave his reasons for voting for Grum.
Agreed - mainly since there have been a lot of happenings since Tamuz has been gone
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:25 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Xtoxm wrote: Only I explain my play
I kinda think that's what people are looking for... Explain away!
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:37 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Grum wrote: The more I defend myself the worse I look so I'm done with that I'm juts going to give you my thoughts.
I think you need to defend what you say/do, just don't do it in a scummy manner... see below
Grum wrote: Look every thing done in this game is scummy
Absolutely do not agree with this
Grum wrote: I agree aggressive scum hunting is effective but it can easily get the wrong responses and follow up with mislynch so please be careful how you perceive things.
I'm kind of curious here as to how you plan on placing a 100% effective vote on a suspected scum...
Grum wrote: I want you to focus your attention on Xtoxm for his two line responses rather than my failing at defense sure lynch me in the end if you must but find other candidates before you lynch.
Are you serious? Telling people where they should look &/or how they should act is (in my opinion) either the scummiest thing you could do, or the n00biest (haha yea I know it isn't a word) thing you could do. Besides, why don't you focus some attention there and others focus in other places, etc. etc.
Grum wrote: what would we do tomorrow (when)if he shows up town?
Seems like here you are stating that no one should vote for you D1 because there is a chance you could turn up town? As has been stated before, only 2 players know town from scum, the rest are making
educated guesses
its obviously a risk which most people have no control over (unless someone would like to come out and call themselves scum without lying... which I highly doubt is gonna happen)
Grum wrote: I would go after Xtoxm if I were in your shoes.
Again... telling others what
you
want them to do.
Grum wrote: Please consider a better reason to vote. I have remained solid on my vote record of zero until given reason.
Sounds here like you are pleading for people to unvote you.
If
my vote were on you I would, quite frankly, leave it there because you seem to be asking/telling people not to vote for you because of /x/, let others make up their mind, pressure on someone != lynching that same person
Grum wrote: I cannot vote for people I find scummy due to the biased opinion it contains I have to work of of people that are suspicious of me, and as such cannot find concrete information back in the form of a vote.
Ok, seriously, how (theoretically) are you going to find a 100% concrete information to base your vote on?
Grum wrote: Please consider the exploration of our options before carrying any more votes on me.
This pleading is getting old...
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (isolation #15) » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:28 am

Post by seawolf167 »

@Grum
Alduskkel wrote:
Grum wrote: Grum wrote:
every thing I do is either
A) pleading
B) an excuse
C) thrashing!

What I'm saying is before you lynch me because I know you will with every thing I give you being scummy, Look into your options first decide what to do tommorrow. I can't freaking give you any more.

I can't vote my suspicions becasue all the information coming in on me is about me. I need info on other people to build cases.
#1: You have ONE vote on you. You are L-4 and you think you're about to be lynched?!?!? Panicky much?

#2: I live in the today, not the tomorrow. You are the scummiest to me TODAY. I will consider what to do on Day 2 on Day 2.

#3: You can vote your suspicions. People have been accusing Destrox, Tamuz, and Xtoxm. Not all information coming in is on YOU.

#4: You ARE thrashing. You act as if you are at L-1 even though you're at L-4.
For the most part I agree with this - I would like to re-point out #4 from above, and note that Xtoxm has three votes (one from
me
), and that my edit for the above post reads as:

"#2: I live in the today, not the tomorrow. Xtoxm is the scummiest to me TODAY. I will consider what to do on Day 2 on Day 2."

You've read my posts regarding him, and I
think
you should know how I view him (atm anyways).

However, I'm not going to start or be part of a witch hunt (I hope anyways).

I post my thoughts on what others say, and I hope you do the same with mine. I didn't post my earlier response on your post to be an ass to you, I actually somewhat agree with this:
Clyde wrote: One more thing to add: At risk of coming across sounding like Grum's scumbuddy, I think that the whole anti-Grum thing has gone too far. He's panicking, sure, but he's being attacked from all sides when there are several more likely mafia candidates. He's frustrated because he feels that whatever he says will be ignored at best. Honestly, with all the sentiment against him at this point, I wouldn't want him to make a post supporting me. I think he's protown but unable to make any points because people have been persuaded he's suspicious.
Seawolf167 Disclaimer wrote: I still view a lot of your actions as scummy or n00bish
I would like to think that I'm viewing information as I get it (or the lack there-of), and responding based on that.

Howeverrrrrrrrr
I am quite interested in seeing when & where you will place your vote! (Even more so considering that you are so far the only one that has not placed a vote at one time or another in this game). I have to admit, I am a little concerned that someone
...might...
end up getting lynched before you place a vote (in which case it may look as if you are a scum trying not to takes sides and hope everyone sees you as a neutral...)
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:33 am

Post by seawolf167 »

@Xtoxm
Xtoxm wrote: Looks like Grum has just gone and done what I said wasn't happening.
Unvote Vote Grum
I just want to make sure I'm understanding you correctly - are you saying that Grum has joined the wagon as a scum to get you lynched? (seeing as the vote has been brought to L1 with Grum's vote)

Noting that you already think that there is one scum with a vote on you (before Grum's vote)
Xtoxm wrote: Partly because i'm finding it hard to see 3 townies on my wagon, and scum not doing anything to try and instigate my lynch.
So, is this following (as per above) with him being scum:
Xtoxm wrote: Unvote Vote Grum
or <insert another reason here>

Do you still believe Alex or Tamuz are scum?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by seawolf167 »

Unvote

For the moment
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by seawolf167 »

Also - rahul you still around? Appears we haven't heard from you since Tuesday
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Post by seawolf167 »

You do understand the difference between simply posting something/anything and posting (to take a line from Aldu)
Alduskkel wrote: content-filled posts
right?

Quick examples, stuff like:
Xtoxm wrote: Go ahead, I don't mind.
Xtoxm wrote: Lol, I love that line, i'm sigging it!
Xtoxm wrote: How have I not explained? There is nothing i've done that has gone unexplained.
Xtoxm wrote: Um, what? Big post explaining my play? Are you serious? Only I explain my play
Hardly count as posts (content-filled or otherwise)
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:03 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Mert wrote: Rahul PMed me saying he has been and continues to be busy and has asked me to seek a replacement.
Hopefully we'll be able to get someone fairly quickly because as was said...
Alduskkel wrote: We seem to be stalling. Some people are dead-set on Xtoxm being scum, but not enough for a lynch. Some people are dead-set on Tamuz being scum, but not enough for a lynch. And some people are dead-set on Grum being scum, but not enough for a lynch.
I def. see that happening.

Here are my current (or latest anyways) thoughts...

First, (before I forget to say it),

@Alduskkel

Do you have any ideas as to who the second scum is?

(per)
Alduskkel wrote: All I have are the old ones, namely that (to me) you're pretty scummy and that Xtoxm is (to me) just acting like a schizo townie.
As for my thoughts, I did my unvote on Xtoxm because I am not under the impression (as much anymore) that he is scum. Granted, there are a lot of things that I do not like or agree with that he has said/done (just do a post search on me), but I'm coming more to the side that he is a
schizo townie
instead of scum

To bring up the issue of Grum - again, I see alot of his posts as scummy, especially when pressure was applied, however, after seeing his posts after a little pressure was dropped, it seems more likely (to me anyways) that he just doesn't deal with pressure well. I guess its kinda like the South Park episode where Butters admits to TP-ing the art teachers house when the cops pressured him (even though he didn't do it)

Gotta say I def. agree with Tamuz when he said:
Grum wrote: we request a hammer by a chosen voter
Tamuz wrote: Grum, deciding who hammers sounds like a horrid idea to me.
Note: just saw
Mert wrote: Twiglees replaces rahul, effective immediately.
while I was typing this, lets see what he has to say (although he's got a fair amount of reading to do)

I guess the summary of my feelings (on scum) are:

-saw Grum as scummy with first sequence of posts + pressure, however seeing him as less scummy with less pressure applied
-saw Xtomx as scummy (or non-helpful townie) with first vote + sequence of posts after
-saw Tamuz as scummy for the quick agression, but his posts seem fairly solid after

-Alduskkel, Clyde, Destrox, Rahul (being replaced by Twiglees) -> see all of them as more neutral -> pro-town

So I know what you all are thinking... who does seawolf167 think the scum are then? Answer... not f**king sure, so I'm gonna go back and re-read and hopefully get some more insight

Looking forward to Twiglees' take on things when he gets done reading
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #219 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:16 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Alduskkel wrote:Oh, and seawolf, get in here and vote for someone.
Hey - sorry its been so long since my last post, I have been reading/following along, I've been f-ing busy. I'm just popping in quick, I would really like to see what Twiggles has to say after the read. Essentially nothing new has happened since my last post.
Clyde wrote:Still waiting for Twiglees.
*sigh*
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:20 am

Post by seawolf167 »

I know this next part is just a bunch of quotes, but...
Grum wrote: The question is why are you defending him so much now and he isn't defending himself? are you afraid to lose a partner and get lynched for buddying up with him?
I semi-agree with this, however, it seems that Alduskkel has been giving most people the benefit of the doubt (in order to hear them attempt to explain their actions... it doesn't look to only apply to Xtoxm)
Xtoxm wrote: Grum trying to lie that I haven't contributed and now attacking the most obvtown player here keeps my vote...
Attaching yourself to Alduskkel? I don't seem Grum's statement on Alduskkel as an attack... just a question of "why are you doing [insert item here]"
Alduskkel wrote: And, Xtoxm, why do you think that I'm pro-town? Also, please outline how you have contributed, because obviously many people do not know.
Xtoxm wrote: It's pretty easy to see by looking at my isolation.
Alduskkel wrote: Xtoxm, talk like that won't get you anywhere. Clearly some people have no idea how you have been contributing (including myself) and need further explanation given to them.
I would be interested in hearing both answers. Isolation doesn't necessarily mean that you have been contributing [good] things, also, why the part about Alduskkel being pro-town?
Xtoxm wrote: Learn to read?
Alduskkel wrote: Can't you just give an explanation? Is that so hard?
Xtoxm wrote: There is no explanation to give. It is evident for you to see. What the hell are you expecting me to say?
Alduskkel wrote: @Xtoxm: I don't know.
I'm not 100% sure what I'd expect anyone [or myself included] to say in this situation, however, it does seem you have to put up some defense [or something], instead of the one liners "Learn to read"
Clyde wrote: Xtoxm's silence is scummy
Its not so much the silence (as he has been posting as he pointed out), but the lack of anything that resembles helpful information in the posts. Then attacking (kind-of) someone that gives him a chance to explain things (Alduskkel)?

I'm quite disappointed that Twiggles has not made a large post on anything, just a couple of sentences here or there, I was hoping to get another view on the game so far.

Grum - Does seem [or seemed] genuinely pissed off about receiving so many quick votes early and [according to him], without knowing why. Also seems kind of emotional, when pushed with votes on him, panicked [for one reason or another]
Clyde wrote: How suspicious do you find Grum now as compared to the beginning of the game (first 2 posts)?
Kind of the same thing I was thinking

Tamuz - Kind of repeating an earlier post of mine here, but again, seems his play style is more to the aggressive end of things. Pushed Grum hard (which isn't bad, its how to get more info), cannot remember if he has really pushed anyone else (but def. not as hard as Grum anyways)
Clyde wrote: Also Alex to a lesser extent.
Seems to me that there cannot be 2 scum in the (lets call them top 3 since they are the only ones with votes), which means that at least one has to be hiding and looking for free passes by staying out of the light. WIFOM, but *obviously* the scum shouldn't want to draw attention to himself
Alduskkel wrote: His posting style has attracted attention to himself, and that's exactly what scum doesn't want
However, if we assume that no scum would want to draw attention to himself, then the scum would be the 2 people with the least posts &/or the least informative posts, which would mean that Tamuz/Grum aren't scum. But both (obviously Grum with his first post) show up as having scummy tells

Just a quick
theory
question (I'd like to hear other opinions on this), since it is day 1, is it always in the best interests of the town to lynch someone D1 (as that is the day where the town has the least amount of info), and take the chance to be down 5-2 starting D2 versus starting 6-2 D2 with a no-lynch?

------------------

I'm going back to my original
Vote Xtoxm
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:08 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Alduskkel wrote: It's hardly the quantity of your posts, it's that you seldom post much content. And you still haven't addressed this question:
Xtoxm wrote: Seawolf, you tip-toe round some good points, but keep the blindfold on...
Explain. How did seawolf do that?
Xtoxm wrote: He is still participating in a mislynch.
If this is your opinion... I'm not sure I see where you are coming from.

Either way, you'd say that I was participating in a mislynch (if you were scum, obviously you'd want to convince us otherwise, if you were town, well then I'd obviously be wrong).

Again, either way, I cannot know (or hope to know) without more information from you!

I've gotta address this:
Xtoxm wrote: Excuse me? Being silent? Don't I have the most posts here?
I've said before, large_number_of_posts != large_amount_of_good_content

----------
Clyde wrote: If a Tamuz lynch won't happen, I'm open to voting alex
Xtoxm wrote: I am also open to voting Alex.
Ok... so vote Alex, the deadline is
Mert wrote: Turns out I need to do some stuff after work tomorrow, so deadline will be extended to the slightly more America-friendly 10pm GMT. That's 2pm PST or 5pm EST.
being slightly extended. Either way, he'll need a majority, and there is no time like the present to get started
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (isolation #24) » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:34 am

Post by seawolf167 »

People that didn't vote:
1. Tamuz
2. Twiglees
3. Destrox

People that have been silent for far too long:
1. Twiglees
2. Tamuz
3. Destrox
4. Alex Aragao

Obv. Aldu was town, I think its safe to assume he didn't lie in any of his previous posts as that would not benefit the town and he seems smart enough to know that :P

Who gets the most suspicion cast on them if Aldu dies - Grum (as Aldu has been seen Grum as scum the majority if not the entire game)

However, I see Aldu as the most vocal / well reasoned member of the to-be-determined town, so it makes sense to get rid of him from a scum point of view

@ Alex Aragao - there are 2 scum, if Xtoxm is scum, there is another scum working with him

I want to hear from everyone, especially the people that have been silent
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #25) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:21 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Xtoxm wrote: The kill is not at all surprising, and no lynch yesterday was horrible.
Agree with that, although the part
Xtoxm wrote: Scum probably deserve to win now
isn't helpful at all
Grum wrote: well I don't want to burst any bubbles but if I was scum why would I push for a lynch and then make myself look scummy by lynching one of the people I advocate...
You were for lynching Xtoxm yes, and yes I believe you saw Aldu as town D1, however, my point was that Aldu was the biggest proponent of getting you lynched D1
Destrox wrote: I was out of town. I didn't vote because I didn't think I would be able to make a good enough decision without hearing out the end of the debates.
Even without hearing the end of the votes, you had plenty of time pre-deadline to make a decision as to who deserved your vote. After re-reading the posts after you left to go out of town would you have changed your mind if you had kept your vote?
Destrox wrote: I would like to know why Tamuz and Twiglees didn't vote though.
Absolutely!

Even with the mass prod by Mert we still have inactives/lurkers :( Come and post dammit!
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:06 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Grum wrote: I'm a little cautious with you however because of my last game where the most useful person was scum.
I would love to be the most useful person in the game (meaning I find exactly 2 scum lol), however, I think that position was (and would still be) taken by the only dead person in-game so far. Which is almost exactly the reason I suspect that he died (minus the part I said previously about Aldu being the biggest proponent of lynching you)
Grum wrote: tamuz was also a high treat to me.
Was, yes, however he did end D1 with no vote
Alex wrote: I think xtoxm is scum.
Xtoxm wrote: Vote Alex
Grum wrote: vote: Xtoxm
Xtoxm wrote: Would vote Grum to, either are good lynches.
Any reason for the above besides the obvious OMGUS?
Grum wrote: tamus I do hope you stay around a while longer, at lest give us some thoughts you have on what happened yesterday. please.
Yes, I would like this as well. You never know what happens when new people replace in... case and point Twiglees (so far anyways)
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #298 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:36 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Destrox wrote: I was hoping more debates would happen than what actually did. It was really annoying to see that there was no lynch, though...
So you would have kept your vote where it was?
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:00 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Grum wrote: IMMEDIATELY!!! do some thing save the town by casing an up roar if you have to heck I will I'll role claim! I'm vanilla! I don't even care lets not let this thread Die!!
Hmmm... seems kind of emotional to me, Freudian slip by capitalizing "Die"?
Clyde wrote: Is there any point to roleclaiming vanilla townie (as opposed to cop/doc/whatever)? (Genuine question, not rhetorical.)
Anyone can claim anything they want, however, IMO it seems like it would only work end-game when someone can tell how genuine that person is (voting correctly on lynches, etc.), otherwise, I agree with:
Xtoxm wrote: In reality, there is not. Not in this game.
AWA wrote: AWA is an extremely unreliable person and should be lynched as soon as possible.
hmmmmm...
AWA wrote: His avatar just creeps me out
Lol, sorry Grum but I had to ad-block your avatar at work
AWA wrote: Going over the posts, it seems that any time anyone makes a statement concerning you, you frequently respond by turning the tables on them and counter-attacking them.
Agree with this, I see it as more of a emotional response coming from Grum though (versus a game tactic)
AWA wrote: One thing I've noticed is that Tamuz hasn't posted once since the lynch, except to say that he's having access troubles. This doesn't mean it would have been impossible for him to vote beforehand, but this is at least a reason why he hasn't posted a purpose for not voting.
However, he has responded to the PM from Mert
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #327 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:35 am

Post by seawolf167 »

AWA wrote: How can you tell if someone else has responded to a PM that was neither sent to you or sent by you?
Mert wrote: Everyone except Twiglees has replied or posted in this thread. I will now begin seeking a replacement.
When he said "replied" he was talking about replying to the mass PM he sent out after the N1 lynch
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #328 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:43 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Vote: alex aragao
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:38 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Xtoxm wrote: You can't defend yourself by saying "I wouldn't do that as scum".

You come into the Day looking like you've made a plan at night.

By the same EXACT argument of your own. Aldu was pretty conident of me being town. Why, exactly, do you now accuse me of killing him?

Where do you get this "One of us has to be sucm" from?
Gotta say I was thinking almost exactly the same thing here.
alex aragao wrote: About voting me for pressure, I don't feel pressured. The ones that should be are the pro-towns that can't see they are lynching a townie.
Emotion, but more to the point, you should feel pressured because if Grum correctly fixes his vote it would put you at L1. No one should want to die. I feel like this statement is a poker bluff.
alex aragao wrote: It's now very clear for me that Xtoxm is scum. I don't know if I already voted, bue if I didn't vote: Xtoxm. Even if I'm lynched now, it becomes very clear that you're scum xtoxm.
This is the same as D1, you thought that Xtoxm was scum after I voted him, then Grum voted him.
Clyde wrote:
AWA wrote: Going over the posts, it seems that any time anyone makes a statement concerning you [Grum], you frequently respond by turning the tables on them and counter-attacking them. While this may not be construed as a conscious attack, subconsciously it seems that you feel the need to be overdefensive...a trait that could be a result of being scum.
Mmm, I don't really see this. Panicky, but not counter-attacking people.
Pankciy - absolutely
Clyde wrote:
AWA wrote: "Making grand claims liek that is very scummy." Riight. Shift the spotlight to me because I pointed something out concerning you. This only reinforces the previous paragraph.
Hypocritical. Grum made a point against you. Live with it.
Agreed
Clyde wrote: I believe the point of pressure is to get someone to defend themselves.
Defend themselves and thereby give out additional information, hopefully subconciously
Grum wrote:
Unvote

VOTE: ALEX
Seeing a possible lynch opportunity here on someone and taking advantage of it? Just a thought.
AWA wrote: Unless this was yet another Freudian slip.
Thats the problem - he isn't consistent enough in spelling/grammer to tell :(

Unvote

Don't want a quick lynch D2, unless of course the lynch was a scum, but no way to find out without a lynch, and I would like more info first
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!
seawolf167
seawolf167
Townie
seawolf167
Townie
Townie

Post Post #364 (isolation #32) » Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:35 am

Post by seawolf167 »

Grum wrote: seriously I hadn't intended the vote to count to start with, I wanted it to look like it, pressure, but it doesn't work well on my side...
You do know that pressure only works when there is something (for lack of better terminology) "bad at the other end of the tunnel" right? So a vote which is not a vote (one that doesn't count because it is improperly formatted) doesn't add pressure because it doesn't mean anything.
Grum wrote: really ask me something I'll tell you anything I have on my mind in the most strait forward way I can.
/sigh... even straight forward from you seems, idk, round-a-bout, because of grammatical/spelling mistakes. I am never quite sure if they are made purposely

Why are you so hesitant to vote Grum? You said you didn't want to vote alex, but wanted to make it seem like you were voting alex. This (to me at least) SCREAMS that you are scum, with alex as a partner, and you are trying to "ride the wagon" (provided alex is/was lynched) so that you appear to be town (because you'll end up saying "look, I can't be scum because I 'voted' for alex")

Right now, I would like to vote 2 people, one being Grum, the other being alex, but since I can't, and I don't want a fast lynch D2 (I know I already said that - but I prob won't be able to be on over the weekend), I'm going to:

Vote: Grum

Xtomx wrote: ---insert overall post subject #362 here---
Wow... this is the most Xtomx has posted since the beginning, and its a response to a current game..

Welcome ZazieR, and please post your thoughts concerning all preferably before we get another replacement :P
The Cake Wasn't a Lie!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”