Newbie 615: Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Newbie 615: Game over!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Quagmire »

Hi everyone, welcome to Newbie 615! This game will use the F11 setup. Both the exact setup used and your role will be determined by random.org.

Players alive:
Xdaamno -
replacing Natirasha

DuckOfDeath
Ri-chan -
replacing Caerleigh - replacing Reidra - replacing Tommyo81

Twiglees -
replacing firechicago

MichelSableheart

Players dead:
vendetta - townie - lynched day one
yellowbounder - townie - killed night one
Erratus Apathos - cop - lynched day two
massive - townie - killed night two

massive took over as moderator on page 14; Mafia have won.
Last edited by Quagmire on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:54 am, edited 19 times in total.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Quagmire »

The rules, stolen from ShadowLurker. With a minor edit or two:

Da Rules

Rules of Conduct

01. Use common sense. This means no excessive flaming or anything prohibited on these forums.
02. You may not communicate outside of this thread unless you are Mafia. If you are Mafia, you may ONLY communicate during the Night.
03. Do not use invisible text, extremely small text, color=black, or any other methods of concealing text. Feel free to make up codes to post in thread but be careful as it's possible for anyone to crack them.
04. Players who have not posted in a week will be automatically prodded. A person will be replaced if a prod is not picked up in 72 hours.
05. Please bold all votes such as
Vote: ShadowLurker
. Even if I see an unbolded vote, I will NOT count it. Unvotes are not required.
06. Discussion may occur in twilight. Twilight ends when I post the lynch scene.
07. Once you are dead, you are dead. A "bah" post is acceptable but please make sure you do not reveal ANY information that may be relevant to the game.
08. If you do not wish to use a night choice, please submit "none." Nights will usually last 72 hours unless a request for an extension is PMed, and if I do not receive a night choice, I will assume no action.
09. All questions about your role, or questions/comments related to my decisions should be directed to PM and not in-thread. If I think the answer should be made public knowledge, I will post the question and answer.
10. At deadline, there will be no lynch unless a majority has been reached. Deadlines will be imposed when I feel discussion has been slacking but feel free to request a deadline as well as deadline extensions.
11. Lastly, keep in mind that this is a game and you play it to have FUN! Please do not intentionally try to ruin the game for others as it discourages them from playing.

Technical Rules

01. Each day, the Town has an option of lynching a person. This requires a majority of votes on that person to occur. The town may decide to lynch nobody. A day will be as long as required for a deadline to hit or consensus to be reached.
02. Voting occurs by a simple
Vote: Player
and to unvote, just write
Unvote
. When shifting a vote from one player to another, an unvote
will be
required for this game. Unbolded votes will not be counted. To vote for a no lynch, just type
Vote: No Lynch
. No Lynch requires a majority of voters in order to be executed.
03. Deadlines may be imposed if the game is lagging. There will be no lynch if a deadline hits and a majority has not been reached. These may be extended, retracted, pushed forward, etc. depending on activity and player requests.
04. Nights will always be a minimum of 3 days unless all choices are in. If I have not received a choice by the time night ends, I will assume you are choosing not to use your action. Prods may or may not be sent out during night.
05. Please check the game every 72 hours. If you will be away for a period of time longer than 72 hours, please let me know. Prods may be requested on anyone who has not posted within 24 hours and people who have not posted within a week will be autoprodded. I will try to make a vote count every page and vote counts may be requested.
I do not check the V/LA thread. Please PM me if you are going to be away for an extended period of time, or you will be in danger of being replaced.

07. Remember to HAVE FUN! This is your game as well as mine, let's make it fun.
Last edited by Quagmire on Tue May 27, 2008 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Quagmire »

In addition to copying ShadowLurker's rules, I will steal the role PMs from Mr. Flay:

Mafia:
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is simply a Goon). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill/roleblock (your team can do both so long as you live).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
AND
The Mod wrote:You are a , along with your partner _________ (who is a pro-Mafia Roleblocker). Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only your side remains; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched.

You may talk with your partner at Night, and send me a choice via PM of who you would like to kill (if your partner also lives, they can send in a separate choice to roleblock someone).

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no night actions will take place until Night One.
OR
The Mod wrote:You are , along with your partner _________. Your goal is to eliminate the pro-town players so that only you remain; you win if this happens. During the Day, try to blend in with the rest of the players, and get someone lynched (if that someone is not your partner or yourself, that will make things much easier). You may talk with your partner when it is not Day, and send me a choice via PM of who you wish to kill.

Note: You may talk with your partner privately during confirmations to plan strategy, but no kills will happen until Night One.
Town:
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can protect people from harm. Each Night, you may send me a choice via PM of who to protect; if they come under attack by the Mafia, they will live. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and try to lynch correctly during the Day.

Note: Doctors are 100% effective in Newbie Games (the person you protect will never die on the night they are protected, unless you are roleblocked). You may not protect yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are the , and you can tell good from bad. Each Night, you may send a player's name to me; I will let you know if your investigation shows that they are Mafia or Town. You win if the scum are eliminated, so choose wisely at Night, and lynch well during the Day.

Note: Cops always get a correct result in Newbie Games (no sanity issues), unless you are roleblocked. You cannot investigate yourself.
The Mod wrote:You are a , and you've got no special powers at Night. No investigations, no protection, no gun to shoot people. Your only powers are the ability to post, vote, and think. Help lynch Mafia during the Day, and you will win the game, along with the rest of the Town.
These are all of the possible roles that are covered in this setup.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon May 19, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

Alright everybody, I hope to get your PMs sent in the next 45 minutes. If you don't get one, don't fret -- I'm at work right now, and I'm kind of busy. I may not be able to get your PMs to you until tomorrow, but it will be tomorrow for sure if not later today.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue May 20, 2008 3:25 am

Post by Quagmire »

Alright! Setup and roles have been made. You will receive your PM in the next couple of hours. Once everybody confirms, we'll start in day!

Please Confirm by PM.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu May 22, 2008 2:47 am

Post by Quagmire »

Natirasha and Tommyo81 have 24 hours to confirm their roles, or I will find replacements for them immediately.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Quagmire »

I'm grabbing a replacement for Tommyo81. I think you guys have been patient enough, so we'll start in day, knowing that Tommyo81 needs replacement.

Day one guys! 5 to lynch! Go!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:38 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Excellent. Let us begin.

Vote: massive

No capital letters; that is a bad thing.
vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 4:00 am

Post by vendetta »

vote: Natirasha

for making us wait.
I never used to be able to finish anything but now I
DuckOfDeath
DuckOfDeath
Townie
DuckOfDeath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 6:58 am

Post by DuckOfDeath »

vote: yellowbounder
for hypocrisy. ;)
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=DuckOfDeath]Wiki DuckOfDeath[/url]
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Vote: Natirasha

First on the list = SCUM
Do you want your possessions identified?
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 8:48 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

Hello everyone, glad to be in the game, make sure you have fun.

The random voting stage is mainly there to get discussion started. The sooner we're out of it, the better.

So let's see... Natirasha was online on wednesday, but didn't confirm? She probably wanted more time to talk with her scumpartner.

There is no 'a' in Michel.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 9:30 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

EBWOP: He probably wanted ... his scumpartner.

Sorry, must have been the sound of the name that put me off.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
DuckOfDeath
DuckOfDeath
Townie
DuckOfDeath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 11:59 am

Post by DuckOfDeath »

I don't think it is a good idea to put three "random" votes on someone when there is only 5 to lynch.
[url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=DuckOfDeath]Wiki DuckOfDeath[/url]
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Yes, I just put myself on L-1.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
DuckOfDeath
DuckOfDeath
Townie
DuckOfDeath
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by DuckOfDeath »

Except you didn't bold it.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by Natirasha »

vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by vendetta »

vote: firechicago
:twisted:
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri May 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by massive »

Um. Can I just ask WTF? Are we REALLY at L-1? Can any of you speak as to why the heck we are at L-1?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 4:09 am

Post by yellowbounder »

MichelSableheart wrote:Hello everyone, glad to be in the game, make sure you have fun.

The random voting stage is mainly there to get discussion started. The sooner we're out of it, the better.

So let's see... Natirasha was online on wednesday, but didn't confirm? She probably wanted more time to talk with her scumpartner.

Placing a vote based on when someone was online is really bad logic. Quite a few people hide their presence on the "online" list, so there could just have been someone else. The scum don't suddenly stop talking when they've confirmed, they stop talking when
the day starts
Natirasha wrote:Vote: Natirasha

Yes, I just put myself on L-1.
Yes, we noticed. This isn't scummy, but it's certainly not good for the town. If this is an attempt at controversy to push us out of random voting, it's risky controversy.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Natirasha »

massive wrote:Um. Can I just ask WTF? Are we REALLY at L-1? Can any of you speak as to why the heck we are at L-1?
Because I believe tradition trumps safety.
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 11:35 am

Post by yellowbounder »

Natirasha wrote:
massive wrote:Um. Can I just ask WTF? Are we REALLY at L-1? Can any of you speak as to why the heck we are at L-1?
Yes, because all newbie games have to begin with someone at L-1, on the first page(!)
vendetta
vendetta
Townie
vendetta
Townie
Townie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by vendetta »

happy birthday you /cow :D
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by Natirasha »

yellowbounder wrote:
Natirasha wrote:
Yes, because all newbie games have to begin with someone at L-1, on the first page(!)
No, because I vote myself day one. You haven't seen my wiki, have you?
Erratus Apathos
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Erratus Apathos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by Erratus Apathos »

Unvote, Vote: Massive
Do you want your possessions identified?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”