Newbie 615: Game over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:40 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

That's game over, and we won. Thanks for playing everyone, and I hope you had fun. A few remarks.

At no point during the game have I been able to effectively communicate with a partner outside the thread. The game started before tommyo was replaced, so no pre-game discussion took place. Caerleigh only responded to my night 1 pm after I had logged of for the last time during night 1, and Ri-chan never picked up my night 2 pm. As a result, all nightchoices were made solely by me.

The nightkill of yellowbounder is best explained by quoting the pm I sent Caerleigh:
MichelSableheart, pm to Caerleigh wrote:I've sent in the kill of yellowbounder. I didn't want to kill firechicago (lurkers are way too useful mislynch targets), nor anyone on the vendetta wagon. Erratus Apathos had been voting you almost throughout the day, so his kill would have focussed attention on you too much. Yellowbounder, OTOH, has been playing rather pro-town without drawing an awful lot of attention to himself. There is the risk that he's the doc protection, but I hope I have drawn that myself.
The kill of massive was simply taking out the confirmed innocent.

I firmly believe what I said to vendetta during day 1. You should always try to lynch players who you believe have a high chance of being mafia, not those who have a high chance of playing anti-town, because that way, you have the best chance of having lynched all mafia at the end of the game.

The town made this game rather easy for us. The early anti-town play by Natirasha focussed the discussion away from us, the suicide of vendetta did not help town's chances at all, Natirasha hammering without believing vendetta to be scum... Thanks to the behaviour of townies, we were not in danger whatsoever day 1.

Day 2 was more difficult, but when xdaamno decided to attack EA, we were safe again. Two conflicting bandwagons against pro-town players and a looming deadline.

Day 3 started wonderful for us. Two townies voting for each other meant it became almost impossible for us to lose. I had a couple of strategic decissions to make, though. I knew my partner was missing, so I couldn't try for a quickhammer. I didn't want to risk voting either Xdaamno or Dod, because there was a good chance the other would get cold feet and unvote then. I also didn't want to vote Ri-chan, because that might convince DoD to switch his vote to her. I rather argued about it with Xdaamno, because there seemed to be extremely little chance that he would switch.

When I had my partner back, it was a simple matter of quickhammering without being too obvious about it in case DoD showed up before my partner did.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:08 am

Post by massive »

I still maintain that trying to "build your own meta" by purposefully playing anti-town has no place in a Newbie Game. That was one of the leading reasons that the town lost. It also didn't help that Michel's Mafia partner was practically non-existent (and therefore unsolvable) for the entirity of the game.

That being said, I was still totally fooled. Michel always seemed to be making intelligent, well-thought-out posts that were informative and educational -- he had that luxury due to the cringeworthy play of Natirasha. =]
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
yellowbounder
yellowbounder
/cows
yellowbounder
/cows
/cows

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:06 am

Post by yellowbounder »

MichelSableheart, pm to Caerleigh wrote:I've sent in the kill of yellowbounder. I didn't want to kill firechicago (lurkers are way too useful mislynch targets), nor anyone on the vendetta wagon. Erratus Apathos had been voting you almost throughout the day, so his kill would have focussed attention on you too much. Yellowbounder, OTOH, has been playing rather pro-town without drawing an awful lot of attention to himself. There is the risk that he's the doc protection, but I hope I have drawn that myself.
Yay, I was pro-town!

Nice work there, didn't really see you as scum.
Vel-Rahn Koon
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Vel-Rahn Koon
Virginia's Trump
Virginia's Trump

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:08 am

Post by Vel-Rahn Koon »

Last Post.
The Newbie Queue ALWAYS needs ICs and Mods!

Are you willing to help out? Check the Queue title to see what roles we need filled!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”