Author Topic: {Welcome! Check here!}  (Read 1218 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Welcome! Check here!}
« on: September 02, 2021, 06:57:05 am »
Welcome to the game!

This is your confessional, a private space for you to share your thoughts with the mods and spectators. Please use it liberally and answer any questions you receive truthfully. You will also cast your votes in your confessional.

Please make a post in this thread to confirm you are ready to play.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Welcome! Check here!}
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 08:50:01 pm »
This is wild. I've done a few Survivors before, but not for several years. Never had one where people try to actually stay in character, don't know if I'm clever enough to do that. Just want to not be the first one out

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:39:09 pm »
Got this message from Anthony Adams:

Hello friend, here are 5 things about me:

1. I lost my legs
2. My favorite orange is color
3. I who hunt ducks out of outside
4. I can play piano with my feet
5. I am not an elephant

Lol

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 06:21:37 am »
SNOOPY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HERMAN THINKS ABOUT FELLOW TRIBEMATES WHOSE NAMES AREN'T ANTHONY

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 09:51:54 am »
SNOOPY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT HERMAN THINKS ABOUT FELLOW TRIBEMATES WHOSE NAMES AREN'T ANTHONY

Everyone seems nice so far. Very early on, but I have spoken to everyone but Kylie.

Jane Winslett-Richardson

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 12:06:26 pm »
Congratulations on completing the first 24 hours of Survivor: A Wes Anderson Production! In recognition of this momentous milestone, I have come to provide stimulation in the form of SPECTATOR ENGAGEMENT. As a note, please do be informed that these questions are being posted to every confessional in identical form. These are not individualized at all - please do not read any intent to guide or influence you, as this would most certainly breach some form of journalistic integrity that I surely hold dear as... I think my character is a journalist? Okay, I'm doing the thing where I type out all my thoughts and I've lost the plot. HERE COME THE QUESTIONS--------

1. With nothing to do but network with your tribe, you will hopefully have learned something about those who you will live with, fight alongside, and ultimately cut loose. What is the most interesting, funniest, or just plain weird thing that you now know about one of your tribemates?

2. Your first challenge has brought with it an interesting conundrum in the form of competing goals to vie for. What do you most hope to achieve when the Flea Market closes? What do you believe your tribemates will reach for?

3. As a hypothetical, consider the following:
"Someone is targeting you to be the next vote-out should your tribe to go Tribal Council. Who is it? Why do they want you gone? Who will you rely on to stay in the game? How worried are you that such a situation might arise?"

Thank you dear, and do remember to have fun!

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 10:12:33 pm »
1.i would say the most interesting thing is learning that Suzy does not have a driver's license. It doesn't sound like she lives in a city either so it must be hard to get around.

2. I'm hoping that everyone can just agree on the same course of action. My preference is to have designated minimum bidders to get all the items and have the best chance at tribal immunity as well. I think the proposed bid 100 save 400 has too many variables and leaves us exposed to going to tribal so I hope we don't choose that option. I think I will volunteer to send all of my money to the aquarium depending on what strategy the group chooses, but if forced to bid I am going for the 2 rings.

3. Who? I can only say Kylie as she is the only one I have not heard from. I would reach out to Suzy and/or Richie if I felt in danger. I suppose I am somewhat worried about this as no one has mentioned any alliance or voting to me yet but it could just be because the game only just started.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 12:46:57 am »
Someone told me my name came up as someone to vote for a couple times but the consensus is Kylie. Supposedly. I may have to  go rogue for these items depending on what the group decides.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 06:10:20 am »
ONFESSIONAL PROMPT 2: Is there an obvious target in your tribe? If so, who? If not, will that impact how you play this challenge?

Well it sounds like the obvious target might be me. I am hoping that the group comes to a group strategy so I can either follow or not follow it to my advantage. I do really think the rings qre

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 06:12:12 am »
Stupid phone.

I do really think the rings are a combined idol of some sort so I would go for them. Maybe the schematics also. I suspect they are some sort of group challenge advantage.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 07:40:24 am »
I think I am resigned to bidding $21 on the Zissou rings and hope that I have not been lied to

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2021, 12:42:00 pm »
Pretty sure I am screwed at this point. I ask questions or propose theories about the game and the replies are only agreement without offering anything further. To me that means there is already a group formed and I'm not in it.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 02:46:14 am »
Is there anyone you are having particularly good conversations with?  Is there anyone with whom you've opened up a working relationship?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 06:40:24 am »
Everyone is very nice, but I am not getting anywhere. No offers, no nothing. I feel like it is a group of 8 and me and Kylie on the outside.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2021, 07:35:05 am »
WHAT DO YOU PLAN TO DO TO CHANGE THAT, IF ANYTHING RIGHT NOW?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2021, 09:04:51 am »
Right now there isn't much I can do that I can think of. Hopefully I can prove my worth in the next challenge.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 10:05:36 pm »
Who is the one player you feel you have the best relationship with?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2021, 10:09:50 pm »
I've had good conversations with Oracle, Richie, and Suzy. I think we may have a group forming.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2021, 10:39:38 pm »
CONFESSIONAL PROMPT 6: Who in your tribe is being overlooked, either as an under the radar threat, or as a potential ally to pick up?

My instinct is that Duke has 1 or more of the mystery items at this point. I would like to get close to whoever has those items obviously. I only see them as a potential help at this point not a threat.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2021, 09:29:12 am »
Maybe some day there will be a challenge I am good at lol

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2021, 11:47:55 am »
Didn't get a chance to answer the last prompt, but if I am being told the truth then I think my current position is actually quite strong. If I am being lied to then I believe I will almost certainly be the next one out here.

I've made decent connections with everyone except maybe Gustave, but I have talked to him and he is a fine fellow. I honestly feel like we are still in the feeling out stages and haven't really had to play hard yet because our only council was such an obvious vote. Next tribal will tell the tale if/when it happens.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 07:46:46 am »
So if everyone is telling the truth there is a group of 5 right now consisting of myself, Suzy, Writer, Oracle, and Richie. (Everyone who said they were outbid in the first challenge)

Additionally, Richie has suggested forming a group of 3 within the 5 of me, him, and Suzy. I believe he is proposing it because he thinks Suzy and I are the two weakest players at this point (and we may very well be!) but I could not turn down such a good offer.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2021, 01:51:13 am »
Confessional Prompt 9: What's your reaction to this challenge outcome?

Hey I feel great about this winning streak. The longer things stay as Ivanhoe v. Rushmore the better as far as I'm concerned as I think my position here is relatively safe as long as everyone has been telling me the truth. I'm expecting some kind of merge or swap soon, but hopefully I am wrong.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2021, 01:06:26 pm »
HAVE YOU TALKED WITH RUSHMORE FOLKS YET? WHAT ARE YOUR INITIAL THOUGHTS ON THEM?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2021, 09:30:41 pm »
I've only heard from Foxy so far. They seem nice but we haven't talked about the game at all. I'm hoping to hear from more as the day goes on.

Confessional Prompt 10: How will this twist allowing you to communicate with the other tribe impact your game?

Honestly, not much right now. I'm hoping my current group of 5 sticks together through this vote or else I think I am almost certainly out. That is kind of preventing me from thinking much more long term.