Author Topic: {Voting thread}  (Read 412 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Voting thread}
« on: September 02, 2021, 06:44:40 am »
Please cast your votes in this thread.

Your votes are not locked in when you cast them. During revotes after a tie, Tribal Council will end early if everyone has voted; the rest of the time, they will never end early so there is no danger in putting a vote in. Feel free to change your vote, but please do so in a new post to make sure we see it. Failing to vote before the Tribal Council ends will result in a self-vote, multiple self-votes could result in removal from the game.

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Voting thread}
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 10:17:46 am »
early vote, possible that i may change it:
vote: kylie

i'm not super happy to do this. everything i said to you i meant, and it doesn't make me proud to get rid of a newbie this early. but i don't think somebody with spotty activity who may go against plans without warning is an ideal ally for me. i don't think you did it on purpose at all, i'm guessing you just missed our planning in the thread or skipped a page or something. if this is the end for you, i hope you managed to have fun despite the short run. no matter what, i hope to see you again in future games, and know that you'll learn from this. you have a winning personality and i'm sure you'll be really popular if you manage to play when you have more time!

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 03:14:28 pm »
vote: sam

i was never able to get to know you very well. our preferred styles of messaging just clashed i think, and eventually it became clear that our paths going forward couldn't intersect. zero problem with you or how you played; after the game, it would be cool if you explained some stuff about dominion to me! and if it ends up not being you this tribal, then well done to wriggle out of it.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 06:04:14 pm »
let it be known that this vote was easily the most difficult decision i've made in this game so far.

for now at least,
vote: anthony

you are a legitimately nice guy, and i've had so much fun talking to you about the most random topics. this isn't even because you voted me, i'm over it and i think you likely have learned your lesson already. this is entirely for strategy reasons. i don't think it's possible that people won't see our ivanhoe bloc as a threat; if we go into merge having picked off the biggest threat outside of ourselves in margot, then the only option for outsiders will be to move against me or my trusted allies. leaving margot around isn't without its risks either; she seems really smart, social, and cutthroat, and if people ignore her she will go far. and i will make sure everyone is aware of how strong she is, though not immediately. it would be after a few votes, during which we'd try to remove various stragglers. only then, when the game is whittled down enough, would we turn to take her out. at that point our group would be big enough to not be at risk. exactly who the stragglers are depends on who i think is closer to other members of my group than they are to me, and who i think will just never work with me ever.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 05:48:49 am »
vote: peter
what i said was true: i do respect your honesty, and i really would like to put our differences aside. however, i think that's going to have to be after this game is over, because i just can't trust that you won't end up going after me again in a few rounds. i wasn't sure whether to vote you or writer this time, but ultimately i wasn't confident enough in pulling off a 4-4 split. i believe that you and writer got the rings at auction and have been talking to each other through them, because that would explain a lot of stuff that seemed really weird. if that's not what happened, i can't wait to find out what did happen.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2021, 04:51:17 am »
vote: young writer
i really did appreciate you coming to clear the air. unfortunately, i think it would have been political suicide if i had suddenly switched to not wanting you out. if margot goes on an immunity run you'll have definitely proven that it would have been smarter to keep you around, not to mention the other ways in which it could be proved. and if you really didn't have contact with peter, i'll be amazed, and will forever not get what peter was thinking. i'm sorry.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2021, 04:22:35 pm »
revote: young writer
yes, that's right ladies, gentlemen, and esteemed non-binary people! this isn't to get writer out now, but instead to go to rocks. reasoning to come in my main confessional!

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 06:51:00 am »
just to confirm, my revote stands but the purpose is now to actually remove writer and not to go to rocks.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 05:37:48 am »
vote: madame d.

this really doesn't make me feel good. you're seriously awesome, and if the tribes had been different it's very likely that you and i would have been a dynamic duo. but in the end, you're someone that i think has to go, in order for me to maximize my chances. you could have been my oracle if i were a rushmore, but instead we started separate and i just have more trust with the others.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 08:18:30 am »
vote: herman

i wish i had something poignant to say here, but let's be real: this is purely for self preservation. this is the only shot of maybe not being completely dead, because maybe madame is still voting you. sorry herman, gotta do what i've gotta do.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2021, 04:33:53 am »
vote: royal

you're not the biggest threat in my eyes, but you are a bigger threat than i gave you credit for; much bigger. i'm voting you over margot because i think rocks are very possible and i don't want margot or madame to be immune in that scenario. we never built up any trust, but you seem like a cool guy and are clearly a very smart player. would be glad to play with you again, and hopefully be on your side that time.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 09:17:01 am »
vote: royal

see above, with the addition that you're now on a trip and so aren't here. it would feel bad to get rid of someone who is here and keep you around, and anyone that isn't me is a fine vote.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2021, 04:00:33 am »
vote: margot

finally vulnerable, but don't know if this will work. 3vanhoe's solidity is our undoing.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 05:52:51 pm »
vote: suzy

this gives me zero joy, but it's my only chance. if oracle is in a final 3 deal with madame and suzy, i have no shot. but if oracle is up for grabs, then we + richie can vote suzy out (madame/suzy is almost for sure a thing, and richie can't vote madame due to rings).

suzy has been seriously awesome this game, both to talk to and strategize with, and i consider her a real friend. but not only would i have little chance of beating her in the end, but this is almost the only scenario where i make it through. other option is vote oracle with richie and one other, but: then the suzy/madame pair has all power, and if he actually is on my side then that would be an own goal... plus, he's the least unbeatable person around me.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2021, 08:51:34 am »
vote: madame

only thing that makes sense. it's you or oracle, and you're easily a bigger threat. a final 3 of {you, me, richie} would maybe be a lot closer, but for that exact reason richie has no reason to keep you. bad luck on the pong challenge, you would have been a very worthy contender if richie had been vulnerable here.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2021, 10:00:45 am »
tiebreaker vote: Oracle

Gotta give it to my buddy, sorry Richie.