Author Topic: Finale Round: Fuck my life I didn’t think this pitch thing would be public  (Read 722 times)

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
I think I am handling this ftc better than the last one I was at. Not too sure how it will translate to votes yet.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Holy shit Writer acknowledged shit.

A...am I doing well? Like am I actually pulling the semblance of a game out of my ass? Holy fucking shit.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
I wish people would read other threads before asking questions…writer and royal basically asked the same thing.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay I’ve responded to everyone. This all comes down to the closing speech now…I have to close this in a specific way and I have to see how the others handled their ftc before I write it.

I think I’ve put forth some sort of case as to why I should be considered and it sounds like I had to move mountains for that to be the case.

Even if I don’t win I have to be proud of myself here. This was not a win I was walking into and I still might not, but I actually have a shot.

But I can’t get cocky.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Oh my god there are parts of richie ftc that are making me chuckle. “I controlled Oracle’s vote at final 4”. Lol okay Richie haha. Sure. Glad you think that.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay so at this point, my speech is way too long and honestly I feel sounds kind of petty. I'm not even sure if that's the direction I wanted to take it. However I needed to at least put it out there so I have a frame of reference for when I build the real draft tomorrow.

I need to approach this showing my growth and evolution and sprinkling in a few comments I have in order to not sound like I'm some vicious pit bull.

Either way that felt so fucking good to type because it's the unfiltered me. So tomorrow I'm going to apply the filters and get a speech that I can stand behind and fulfill the narrative I put forth.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay I'm much happier with my 2nd draft. I'm going to sleep for a few hours and then get up. Ideally I'd like to have mine done an hour before the deadline and currently I think I'm sitting at about 3700 words. I need to probably cut down on the pros an cons for Gustave and Richie.

Either way, I'm a lot happier with how this speech turned out. I don't know how it'll be received or if I'm going to seem petty for bringing up my thoughts about the other performances, but I've literally had no platform on which to talk about them otherwise so it's not like I'm magically going to be able to say what I want to say as I have to imagine they are going to read the other speeches.

Anyways, good night. I'm crazy. Bark bark!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Also 2000 words is too few! Just saying.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
2,400 words ruff-ly. Just have to delete 400 more and then I can finally be done with this exhausting experience. I'm so ready to not play another game in the near future.

Thanks for being with me on this journey specs, I wish you had barked more with me, but it's been a fucking ride.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
ONLY 91 WORDS LEFT TO DELETE. HOLY SHIT I HAVEN'T COMPROMISED THE INTENT OF WHAT I WANTED TO SAY.

Maybe there's something to this 2000 word limit after all (PSST SPECS DON'T TELL THE MODS THIS BECAUSE I'M CLEARLY NEVER WRONG).

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Mods confirmed 1980 words. I’m done. It’s all out there and whatever will be will be.

Thanks for being part of Mr. Oracle’s wild ride. I should sue disney for copywrite infringement.

I’ll have more thoughts, but I scheduled a trip tonight and I really just want to get away and enjoy myself for a few hours.

Bark bark! Catch you later!!!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Okay so I have no idea how this vote turns out. Let me see if I can predict:

Peter-let’s pretend he rngs me.
Buckley-me or gustave?
Writer-uhhhh let’s say richie?
Herman-me or gustave
Duke-I hope me ;-;
Royal-Richie?
Margot-uhhhhhhhh
Suzy-better be me
Madame-gustave

I think I have two solid votes, richie has two solid votes and gustave has 1 or 2 votes

I don’t know what margot, peter or buckley are even doing. I thought buckley was solidly on my side but he apparently doesn’t think so based on what I’m seeing. And who knows what Margot does here.

This feels very much like a tossup.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Also Richie just messaged me saying “I wonder if the specs see me as the villain.”

Like you are the villain Richie, embrace it, revel in it, enjoy it! There is nothing wrong with being the villain 😂  Plus villains have way more fun.