Author Topic: Madame D.  (Read 466 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Madame D.
« on: October 06, 2021, 08:33:36 am »
You were constantly pursued this game, going all the way back to Foxy Fox premerge and then the tie votes after.  It looks like they finally caught you!  Well done on a game well played.  You got oh so close to the end.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Madame D.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 08:34:59 am »
My shoulders literally just slumped when I saw the third vote on you

So close. :(

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 08:41:55 am »
I am sad to see you join me here :(

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 08:44:44 am »
I think that all I needed was for Richie to not win immunity as I’m pretty sure me, Oracle and Gustave were all set to vote him out.

But yeah Richie winning immunity was always going to make it a hard road for me.

I’m going to have a read through the forum and might make some extra comments later, particularly about the Margot vote.

Main thing to say is that you’re all awesome!

Oh and my initial vote leaning is actually Gustave, believe it or not, but I will share everything I know about all their games (particularly Richie’s since I was literally stuck with him) in due course.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2021, 08:51:08 am »
Interesting, I definitely know the least about Gustave's game, though I am going to be incredibly partial to Richie, but he could theoretically botch his responses to me. I promise to try and be as fair as I can in my questions, though.

Suzy Bishop

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 08:57:58 am »
Madame!!! I’m so sorry to see you here :( my heart really hurts.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 09:04:13 am »
I am also slightly leaning towards Gustave at the moment, just based on what I'm hearing secondhand!

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 09:08:30 am »
Madame :((

You were the one person I really didn't want to see voted out there :(

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 09:16:06 am »
I was going to comment in your thread, but may as well just do it here.

Working with you throughout the game was such a joy and particularly during my rocky start on Rushmore it meant so much to me.

I at least felt like I would need to vote you out at some point before the end because of how closely we were associated and my belief was that people perceived me as the “secondary threat” between the two of us. Depending on what I read here I might have been very wrong about that. Maybe I could have taken you to the end after all, but during the F6 round, an opportunity arose where I felt I could form a bond with Suzy and Oracle over voting you out and have that get me through to F4. And honestly I think Richie would have considered voting Suzy over me at F4 if she were there because Richie was very much overestimating Suzy’s chance at winning imo. (Obviously ideally I wanted Richie out at F4)
I also wanted to give myself options outside of Richie’s alliance/vision because I felt a bit trapped into whatever Richie wanted to do each round.

But yeah, I’m really sorry about how that went down Margot. You never did any wrong by me and you didn’t deserve that.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 09:21:49 am »
I was going to comment in your thread, but may as well just do it here.

Working with you throughout the game was such a joy and particularly during my rocky start on Rushmore it meant so much to me.

I at least felt like I would need to vote you out at some point before the end because of how closely we were associated and my belief was that people perceived me as the “secondary threat” between the two of us. Depending on what I read here I might have been very wrong about that. Maybe I could have taken you to the end after all, but during the F6 round, an opportunity arose where I felt I could form a bond with Suzy and Oracle over voting you out and have that get me through to F4. And honestly I think Richie would have considered voting Suzy over me at F4 if she were there because Richie was very much overestimating Suzy’s chance at winning imo. (Obviously ideally I wanted Richie out at F4)
I also wanted to give myself options outside of Richie’s alliance/vision because I felt a bit trapped into whatever Richie wanted to do each round.

But yeah, I’m really sorry about how that went down Margot. You never did any wrong by me and you didn’t deserve that.
First of all, I really loved working with you this game and I'm not upset with you at all. I assumed you did what you felt was best for your game but since I didn't really understand how completely there was some saltiness initially. But I completely understand and I'm mostly just sad that you didn't make it to FTC. I definitely did not get the sense that you were perceived as the "secondary threat," but idk how accurate my read was. I don't blame you for taking that chance. It was mostly frustrating for me because I felt rebuffed every time I tried to get closer to Suzy or Oracle, and I'm impressed you managed that.

I do wonder how a hypothetical Richie/You/Me FTC would have played out because that's where I thought the game might have been heading the round I left.

Sorry to see you out! I really loved playing with you and it was an adrenaline rush to get by so many close votes with you.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 09:28:30 am »
<3

Yeah the idea of a me/Richie/you FTC was frightening to me!! I kind of wish I wasn’t such a scaredy cat because that would have been epic

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 09:32:18 am »
Also I’ll be at work for the next while (story of my life this game) and so it might be at least a few hours before I can give you the inside scoop, but yeah my plan is at least to share my observations and thoughts based on that and then we’ll all see what happens at final tribal!

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 08:57:09 pm »
Okay time for my thoughts and observations on the finalists!

Oracle

I honestly think that Oracle has a big heart but struggles with the fact that Survivor is a game where you have to cut people who helped get you further in the game, and doesn't quite know how best to handle that. I have definitely been there so it was something that resonated with me.
I had a very similar experience to Royal and Margot in that Oracle and I would be having conversations about loyalty and transparency and then he'd blindside me. But also after blindsiding me he would go on about how hard it was for him to have made that decision and I'm just sitting there thinking "well how do you think I feel?"
He also got annoyingly passive-aggressive a lot and I just had an incredibly low tolerance for passive-agression or bullshit this game (unless it was me doing it, I'm a flawed human being okay?).

BUT

I really do think that Oracle seriously took on board what Royal said in his announcement post, because I noticed much greater effort from Oracle to be transparent and honest with people after that. And even on a game level, it was part of what made me want to work with him instead of voting him out at the Final 6. Plus despite my complaining here, I actually liked Oracle and I've got to admit that he did have an impressive social game.

I would be hesitant to vote for him because there were a few merge rounds which left a sour taste in my mouth, but I'd still consider it? Especially if he talks about his growth in how he handled difficult conversations over the course of the game, I could say that potentially winning me over.

--

Gustave

Even though I knew that Gustave not-so-secretly wanted me out from Final 9 onwards, I actually liked Gustave the whole way through? Which I think is impressive! Out of the three finalists, my conversations with him felt the most real. He had this way of just making trivial conversation out of nowhere, of topics that he thought would interest both of us, and I loved it!
I know it's been mentioned in the jury forum that Gustave often lacked tact in being too honest with people, which got him into trouble, and I do agree with that, but I personally found the honesty and straightforwardness incredibly comforting. It's also possible that others did not have the same positive social experience with Gustave that I did.
But yeah! I guess I like the fact that someone so honest and straightforward with people managed to make it to the end. I would want to know a bit more about Gustave's gameplay, because obviously there were many moments where it felt like he almost left the game, and I'm not sure what he did to ensure that didn't happen.

--

Richie

Uggghhh, where do I begin?

I truly do believe that Richie was INCREDIBLY enthusiastic to be playing this game, and that I have so much respect for. He really gave it his all, socially, strategically and in challenges. On paper he feels to me like the most fitting winner of this game. But I just can't help but feel conflicted about it?

I believe at least part of his FTC argument will be that he played a loyal game, but how much can you claim a loyal game when your loyalty is on the condition that people do exactly what you want them to?
I would say that I played quite closely with Richie from Final 9 onwards, in some ways by necessity after I accepted his offer of the Team Zissou rings, but I think it's important to consider that this occurred right after he almost successfully blindsided me. Obviously it was my decision to accept the rings, but I think that Richie had this way of asserting what he thought was the best plan in a way that strongly discouraged alternatives. Which could be considered strong gameplay, but when someone did something that he didn't approve of (for example Suzy changing her vote to YW, me&Suzy voting out Margot, probably other examples), he would consider these slights against him and to me would seem genuinely confused as to why (for example) Suzy would make this move against him when he was just being loyal to her.
But then, as Royal mentioned in his announcement post, Richie would keep vital information from and/or lie to even people he considered his closest allies, all while expecting complete honesty from them.

It felt to me as if he legitimately didn't understand how a working relationship in Survivor could occur with an equal power dynamic, or at least without him in the driver's seat.

Richie made a lot of flashy moves, but to me they often seemed unnecessary or even making people uncomfortable. For example, I still don't understand why or how Richie got Royal to change his vote to me at F10. The F5 idol play on Gustave was also pure flex, unsuccessfully (from my perspective) attempting to coerce Gustave into tying the vote for Richie if Richie did not win immunity at F4 (even though Suzy probably would have been an ally for Richie even there). And again seemed like a vindictive move on Suzy... just because?

Those are my complicated thoughts at least. It neglects to mention that I legitimately did enjoy playing with Richie, our conversations were very fun, even if I thought he was overly saccharine in the way he spoke about me (that could just be because I'm old and bitter). I could definitely see myself voting for him if I'm impressed with his FTC performance.

--

So yeah, those are my observations and thoughts and opinions and I'm sure everyone will have differing opinions! I did a lot of complaining here (well except not about Gustave really), but I actually really like all three of the people contending for our votes! I suppose my thought was that if I cannot make my case to win then I will just think EXTRA critically about where to place my vote!

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 09:02:44 pm »
My shoulders literally just slumped when I saw the third vote on you

So close. :(
Okay it really is hitting me now.

That was close, wasn't it?

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 11:20:16 pm »
Madame, I'm so sorry to see you here. You were a huge part of the reason I enjoyed this game so much. And I appreciate your analysis on the Final Three! I'm excited to see how this all turns out.