Author Topic: {Royal Tenenbaum}  (Read 267 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Royal Tenenbaum}
« on: October 05, 2021, 03:49:35 am »

Jury questions from Royal Tenenbaum will go here.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Royal Tenenbaum}
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 09:15:46 pm »
Gustave,

I've seen other jurors privately complimenting your social game, while some, like myself, find serious flaws in it. Why do you think there's such high variance? Does that surprise you?

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 03:17:09 am »
A few of the jurors I treated much differently from most of the others: I was much faker and more manipulative with them, which understandably left a bad taste in their mouths. As such I'm really not surprised at all that there are split opinions of me. As for you, I feel that I put much less energy into connecting with you than I should have, and I was guilty of underestimating you as well. Even among the people I didn't mistreat, I can see my play polarizing people into camps of finding it refreshing or finding it naive. Neither view is wrong, so it comes down to the temperaments of the jurors as individuals.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:09:28 am »
Hey there! For full disclosure, I'm asking this to everyone, and I'd say my vote is still modestly up in the air, so I'd appreciate a thoughtful response to this question. I haven't yet had a chance to read all the other jurors' questions of everyone, so if you feel you've answered this set of questions elsewhere, feel free to direct me to where I should go.

I'd like you to tell me two things--first, of your other two finalists, which one should I definitively NOT vote for, and why? Second, between yourself and the finalist who remains, why did you definitively play a better game that would make me personally vote for you?

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 08:23:14 am »
I'm checking in on this with just 10 minutes left, so I'll answer it in my closing speech. Ideally I'd have checked in sooner, but better to give a good answer later than a rushed answer now.