Author Topic: Buckley: 11th Place  (Read 201 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Buckley: 11th Place
« on: October 03, 2021, 09:15:00 am »

Leave thoughts about Buckley here.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Buckley: 11th Place
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 02:48:33 pm »
I don't really know how to phrase this. At all. Like, you're just someone I really enjoyed talking to, and one of the people who just made the game so fun for me?? Like, what?? I realized that going into this, I'd be liking people, but I didn't expect to like you this hard?? At all?? Like, you were my closest ally, and you asking me for an alliance straight-up just like ???? There are a lot of conflicting feelings around you and this game. I don't think anything I can say or do will express this enough. If I didn't make it to merge, I hope you would, and I was genuinely sad to see you have to bow out, since I felt like you had potential to win the game entirely. You and Madame both had this air about you that just made it hard to hate you, and extremely easy to like you. My only regret towards you this game is that we didn't message enough, y'know? I genuinely enjoyed talking to you, so seeing any PMs from you instantly made me very happy, and like, I know it's selfish to want to have more of that, but shush. Let me have my moment.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 02:07:15 am »
I know came to find you didn't have the time or energy to put into this game that you needed, but your play despite that is a testament to your skill at this stuff.  You never were very much in danger, and to be honest despite sleeping through some deadlines you were in a perfectly strong position within the game!  I really think all you had to do was put in some placeholder votes at the beginning of phases to cover your butt, and there was no limit to how far you could've gone.

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 06:49:19 am »
I wish we had talked more Buckley.  Foxy thought you were the shit, I think Foxy is the shit so I think that probably means you are a pretty cool person.  I'm sorry you had to bow out of the game, but congrats on making it as far as you did!

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 06:33:08 am »
Buckley I was sorry to see you bow (wow) out when you did, but you are a very canny player, and I think you were in a fantastic position to make it far had you remained in the game. Your skill at this is undeniable, and I'm glad to see you give these games another shot. Thanks for playing.