Author Topic: Tribal Council 15: Society of Crossed Keys  (Read 237 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Tribal Council 15: Society of Crossed Keys
« on: October 02, 2021, 08:32:08 am »
Tribal Council 15

Society of Crossed Keys, welcome to Tribal Council.

1. A thrilling immunity challenge there.  How do you all feel about Richie dramatically holding off Madame D. thanks to M. Gustave’s round 5 blitz?

2. Why should the other players keep you here?

3. Who do you hope to send out at this TC? Impress the jury and call your shot like Duke did a few TCs back. 

4. Following up on the above, with only 5 players left, how much can you just put your cards on the table and fight out here in public? How much needs to be kept private?

5. Who is watching Life Aquatic now that it's free on Amazon?

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council 15: Society of Crossed Keys
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 08:48:51 am »
1. Gustave buddy, I owe you a beer!  What a photo finish that was.

2. How do I say this without being insufferable...

3. You know, I just want to watch this unfold a bit now that my own name is off the table

4. The scales definitely tilt towards laying it all out at this point

5. I'm watching it right now, no cap

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2021, 11:43:02 am »
1. A thrilling immunity challenge there.  How do you all feel about Richie dramatically holding off Madame D. thanks to M. Gustave’s round 5 blitz?

It was quite an exciting challenge! In the end, it seems speed was more rewarded than accuracy on that challenge which was a blunder on my part. I went for accuracy and that was clearly the inferior strategy this round. The round 5 blitz did make things interesting and clearly Richie now has a 1 in 4 chance at winning this game as a result. It's weird how the actions we take at various stages of this game have an effect at the end of the game. So in a way this challenge mirrors the actual game we are playing.

I think I have had the worst jury management of any of the 5 remaining players. I also have never won a challenge and barring some amazing performance in the final challenge, I don't think that's going to change. I would therefore like to think I am an ideal person to keep here because I think pretty much anyone beats me at this point, which is a really defeating thing to say out loud.

3. Who do you hope to send out at this TC? Impress the jury and call your shot like Duke did a few TCs back.

I would rather Richie had lost the challenge and been able to vote him. I think that was just what was going to happen if he lost and even he knows it. 4 people took a gamble last round and saved me in order to vote out Margot. So on the sheer fact that I know the other 3 people stuck up for me when my name was clearly thrown out and received votes, there is no one I hope to send out this TC. No matter who I vote, I backstab someone who saved me last round. That's been the worst revelation of all of these events and just continues to add to my horrible jury/people management because whoever goes here is going to feel hurt by me. I feel like I'm at a loss as a result and saying who I hope goes here is absolutely cruel from my point of view. I view these people as my friends at this point and losing friends is hard. But I have to do something. That's the entire point of this game, regardless of how awful I feel about this. I have to write someone's name down.

4. Following up on the above, with only 5 players left, how much can you just put your cards on the table and fight out here in public? How much needs to be kept private?

Any time you aren't immune you have the chance to go. This round one of Me, Suzy, Madame or Gustave is going to go home. I don't want to fight anyone. That just sounds god awful to me. I hope no one else wants to do a public fight because we are all fucking exhausted. We can if we want, but I'd rather just do this in private and have those conversations I need to have.

I'm having a lovely evening with my friend and watching Veronica Mars reruns with her. It's probably the best I've felt all week after a shitty time with classes and an internship. I'll have to bark at the Aquarium movie another time.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 06:59:50 am »

I feel like everything I have been taught to believe is a lie, honestly. According to this lovely fable (Wes you should really consider making an adaptation) I thought that slow and steady would win the race!

I think that my vote last round may have been surprising, but in doing so I took a chance on showing loyalty to the people here that I voted with. Just as with last round, there is no easy vote option here, but when push comes to shove I put my money where my mouth is. (And I have a lot of it, mind you. My movie would have had no premise otherwise!)

Will this actually impress the jury? What's your source?

Woah, fighting sounds so uncivilised! I have always been fond of card games though, and am quite sure that this can all be sorted out over a respectful game of bridge.

Ooo, this is an easy one! Richie said he was!

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 08:31:02 am »
It is now time to read the votes.  If you'd like to play an item, now would be the time to do so.
Spoiler

Richie Tenenbaum stands up.

Spoiler

"I am playing the Bandit's Hat on M. Gustave."

The Bandit's Hat is an immunity idol.  By wearing the Bandit's Hat, M. Gustave will be able to evade any votes cast his way.
[close]
[close]

I will now read the votes.

First vote:
Spoiler

M. Gustave, does not count.

Second vote:
Spoiler

Third vote:
Spoiler

Fourth vote:
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That is a vote for Suzy Bishop.

One vote Suzy Bishop.

Fifth and final vote:
Spoiler

Suzy Bishop.

Suzy, you have been eliminated.  However, you will now join us at American Empirical Pictures as a Producer, and help decide the winner of this game.

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]