Author Topic: Episode Thirteen  (Read 198 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Episode Thirteen
« on: October 02, 2021, 12:01:20 am »
Previously, on Survivor... Royal Tenenbaum announced that while he'd still be checking in, he'd be going dark, and publicly spoke on each player's game.  The rest of the group, while battling with paranoia, sent him packing.

With Royal out of the picture, and the new Khaki Scouts alliance looking secure, #vanhoe was now appeared to be 2vanhoe, with M. Gustave and Oracle sitting alone on the outside and their fate all but sealed. 

Margot Tenenbaum: I am happy to work with this four person group Suzy created to the end. We're all serious threats, yes, but at least in the case of Richie and Suzy, we have such different games that I feel very comfortable going into an FTC with them. Banding together feels like it makes the most strategical sense for both of us to make it to an FTC.

Suzy Bishop: I committed to going to F2 with Richie as my first alliance. It was important for me to cut Writer so Richie had very few options. Despite my reservations about him (he probably has a clear plan he can demonstrate to the jury), I think I still want to go to the end with him. I'm thinking my ideal F3 at this point is Richie, Madame, and me? Or me/Richie/Margot? When the game first started, my ideal F3 would be my 2 pals Richie and Oracle but I have no idea how to even make that happen....

At the challenge, Richie Tenenbaum was the quickest to behold the majesty of the Jaguar Shark, while Margot surprisingly finished last.  Despite the successful seafaring expedition, it wasn't necessarily going to all be smooth sailing!

Richie Tenenbaum: I think I'm pretty well served to stay the course here with the Khaki Scouts and let this vote hit Gustave or Oracle.  Which one doesn't too much matter to me and I'd rather not be seen to be trying to dictate the outcome outright to my allies so whichever the group decides on.

Suzy Bishop: Oh yikes, Richie wants to cut Oracle here and am I ready to do something like that? An act of betrayal?
I usually consider myself so ruthless but it's very hard for me to cut Oracle/Gustave. I like the narrative of being part of the plucky underdog crew even when I've been closest to Richie this whole game.

Madame D.: I promised myself that if I won immunity I would do something interesting here and consider getting Gustave and Oracle together to vote Margot or Suzy or something, with the hope of going to rocks, but I'm not sure if that's something I can do now.

Elsewhere on set, Richie and Oracle would continue their oil and water relationship.

Like I really don't fucking know what to do right now. Richie is such a bonehead. Like I get why he wants to not vote Margot here, but there's zero chance they don't just send his ass packing the moment he loses. "I don't think they'll cut me before 4". What the hell Richie?

He is pretty much guaranteed top 4 with an amazing chance at immunity if he votes Margot here.

Stupid. This is so stupid. I need Duke back here. I miss him.

The thing Oracle should be doing right now isn't just trying to convince me I need to take out Margot or else she'll win more immunities and take me out, it's to offer me some kind of a final three deal (whether he would intend to honor it or not).  If his underlying assumption that he has Gustave and Suzy's votes on his side were correct I would simply be handing the majority to the three of them outright by voting with them this round.  I am immune, I have nothing to lose by tying it and every reason to believe Oracle and Suzy would never risk a 1 in 3 draw.

It's all academic because Suzy and I are already aligned with Margot and Madame D. but still.

You know what? If I get to the next round and Richie loses, I'm voting his ass out and just saying "fuck you richie" for my reasoning just because he is so arrogant in private to me right now.

Meanwhile, M. Gustave would telegraph his 3vanhoe loyalty to potential swing voter Madame D.

M. Gustave: so it would appear that suzy is likely going to flip to avoid rocks. if that happens, i'm out; somehow i don't even feel betrayed. the three of us are known to be so solid that obviously the others would never flip because they'd just be picked off and they know it; so rocks are inevitable, unless one of our side flips. but our side is not guaranteed to be picked off in a minority, because margot/madame/richie are only working together so closely to counter us. while them going down to 2 would be the kiss of death, us going to 2 is still fine.

I cannot escape the fact that Gustave is essentially telling me that he has moved on, and now has not only one, but two new lovers. AND I'M NOT EVEN DEAD YET!

He probably could have played me harder and I might have fallen for it, so I appreciate his honesty. But I also think it forces my hand. I cannot let Margot or Richie go here, because it means that then I am at the mercy of Oracle, Gustave and Suzy.

I also think that Suzy probably votes for Gustave/Oracle here, because why would she have created the Khaki Scouts otherwise? But I wouldn't rule out her freaking out and deciding that Margot is too much of a threat.
Madame D. could be deterred from making a move, or she could she just move on to even more desperate ideas.

Madame D.: I think my actual ideal is for this to be a tie vote of Suzy/Oracle/Gustave vs. Me/Margot/Richie, go to rocks and (obviously) have one of Oracle or Suzy (preferably Suzy) go.
In some ways the 1/3 chance of me going would be worth it if there's a 1/3 chance of Suzy going.

Would the Khaki Scouts four vote together?  Would Suzy Bishop be able to write down Oracle's name?  Would Madame D. satisfy her thirst for a move?  Find out at Tribal Council.

Spoiler
Margot Tenenbaum voted out 4-2, with Suzy and Madame D. joining Oracle and M. Gustave to make the move, and Richie and Margot Tenenbaum voting Oracle.
[close]