Author Topic: Chapter Eight  (Read 1075 times)

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter Eight
« on: October 01, 2021, 08:35:07 am »
TBH I think I might just publicly announce I'm going to play an idol and let them squirm

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Eight
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2021, 08:53:41 am »
Was this bad for your game? Why do you think people went quiet instead of telling you what they were doing? Did you consider using your own idol?
It isn't the worst thing but it's not great.  I'm going to F4 no matter what and someone is probably going to go out at five who could have made it to four if they had stuck with the alliance.  Absolutely not I didn't consider it.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2021, 08:55:24 am »
They went quiet because they can't get over their own discomfort to play better

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2021, 09:04:11 am »
I wonder if Suzy or Madame D. will even message me until tomorrow!  Jesus Madame D. is going to be in such a tough position if I reveal I have an idol.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2021, 09:06:56 am »
She said Buckley gave her the Fox's Tail, I wonder if he also gave her a bandit hat?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2021, 10:35:42 am »
Anyway I'll take any final three I can get now I don't owe loyalty to anyone that wasn't loyal enough to me to inform me which way that vote was going

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 09:13:38 pm »
Oracle and Gustave are pretty much trying to hand the game to Suzy.  I think I need to idol her out here if I can.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 10:04:36 pm »
This game further reinforces my belief that it is never the right move to tell anyone about an idol.  Both of the people I was closest to left me twisting in the wind on that vote.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 10:26:34 pm »
I know, I'm very sorry about how this all panned out. In retrospect, I would have done this differently.

I think most of the game this round was very quiet. I had no plans of doing anything different and Gustave/Oracle were feeling really defeated. Gustave pm-ed me saying he was willing to go to rocks since it seemed like him and he would understand if I wasn't willing to do that. Oracle was really upset that you had said there's no way they were going to rocks and wanted to go to rocks to spite you. An hour before TC, I lamented to Madame about feeling afraid of booting Oracle and that I wish Margot could go here. I didn't really think anything would happen on that front. Madame unexpectedly said that she was willing to vote Margot here.

I didn't have time to type a long explanation but I should have told you what was happening. I thought you would be upset at me though, which is reasonable.

Sometimes I've felt that I have been passively following your plan to get to the end and I really felt that I needed to do something outside of our relationship to have something to talk about for FTC if I'm so lucky to get there. I'm sorry again Richie for how that went down.
Your appeals to fear and emotion do nothing but strengthen my resolve to idol you out

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 10:35:02 pm »
I can imagine I'll get ftc questions about getting left in the dark on the Margot vote.  I'd like to be able to respond that I took the two people who turned on me there and buried them.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2021, 01:15:47 am »
The rest of this conversation

I don't doubt that you want to be at the end with me, but it seems like you're equally attached to Oracle and those two things have been incompatible for a long time now.  I just feel like if you're forced to make a choice you've sided with him all along and this round you gave him all the leverage to force me out whether you want it or not.

I don't know if other people were filling your head with the idea that you needed to do something outside of our relationship or if that was your own thought process.  I guess I can see why you would feel like a passive partner, but you had already done a ton that was not in lock step with me and had plenty over me to talk about at FTC.  You flipped on the Writer vote and left me on the wrong side of it, you forced the tie at the final eight.  If you were just my passive partner neither of those things would have happened.  That was you playing your game to the detriment of mine, as well you should, but it just makes the idea that you needed to blindside me on this vote to have a resume feel hollow.
Dear Richie,

I am deeply sorry and I think navigating multiple relationships is not something I have done well this game at all. I know you and Oracle have both been hurt by this inability.

I think my main issue that led to this inability is that I didn’t want to put all my eggs in one basket. I think with Margot gone, I personally feel we have a clearer means to the end where we can choose how it will go.

I trust you immensely, even when it felt at odds with everything else people were saying. I’ve been hesitant to publicly declare we are close with any game moves. I’ve been playing as if our relationship is the secret ace in my pocket and I know it’s been time to take it out and play it.

I’m sure there are a lot of things I will take away from this experience. Everything I’ve said to you has been genuine though. I want to go to the end with you but I understand if things have changed on your end in terms of our relationship.

Yours,
Suzy
Nothing has changed for me, I desperately want us to get to the end like we've hoped for all along.  But if your hope is to go to the end with both me and Oracle, that's going to be a serious battle.  I can back off, I don't know if he can.  You also know that I am not allowed to vote for Madame D. this round, so if Gustave wins immunity I have to vote for Oracle.

I hope that I've proven that your trust in me was not misplaced.  People had every reason to smear me because I was a target for a lot of them since even before Writer was sent to the jury.  But I have never crossed you nor done anything that would undermine you, I have protected you when even the slightest hint of anyone thinking of going after you came up and I think I've been a big reason why you were never in any real danger.

Your friend,
Richie

With Margot gone SUZY has a clearer path to the end, but we had a perfectly clear path to the end together with Margot in the game.  Get out of here with that.  Suzy has two people actively trying to lose to her.  She wants FTC with them.  I can roll with the manipulation just fine and I give as good as I get, but if I can make it happen she's gone this round.  I'll take my chances in a 1v1 with Madame D. at F4 for the honor of going to FTC with two guys who haven't trusted me since the merge started.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2021, 01:18:44 am »
Listen, I made the exact same mistake leaving Royal in the dark about my intentions at final ten.  He could have turned on me there and I wouldn't have blamed him.  He threw all my biz out into public because of that and I don't blame him!  There was no good reason for Suzy or Madame D. not to fill me in on this vote and make it a unanimous Margot boot except to have leverage over me in the last two votes and in the FTC.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 01:39:34 am »
Confessional prompt 30: How does Margot’s exit affect your path to the end?
It flipped around my preference for who I'm next to at FTC and if I'm lucky she's a jury vote in my column

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 03:05:36 am »
The challenge design in this game is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure of playing

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 03:06:03 am »
I hope I did well enough at that to make them sweat

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 03:06:51 am »
If I win immunity I'm still trying to idol out Suzy

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 07:54:12 am »
You know maybe Rat or Klaus won the heist plans and they didn't even make it to the train brawl challenge to cash in for the idol

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 08:22:34 am »
I miss Young Writer

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2021, 08:35:03 am »
I am laughing my ass off at M. Gustave stealing the last round from Madame D. and handing me the win holy shit

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2021, 08:42:20 am »
The crowd goes wild!

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2021, 08:42:51 am »
I hope you guys don't see me as an insufferable blowhard villain right now y'all really giving me nothing to go on here

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2021, 09:34:44 am »
Now I just need to figure out if Suzy cuts Madame D.
here or if there's a deal among Suzy, Madame and Oracle and they're going to turn on Gustave.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2021, 09:39:05 am »
The latter makes a great deal of sense, I've gotten hints from Madame D. that track that way and it's the only thing that explains why Madame D. would believe she could cut Margot and not be absolutely boned if I won this challenge.  It also lines up with the fact that both Suzy and Madame D. disappeared from my inbox exactly when Margot and I agreed in the group chat to target Oracle instead of Gustave.  Suzy/Madame/Oracle have the numbers with either a Gustave or a Margot boot.  If we had agreed to Gustave they could have gone along with it another round before striking against me or Margot this round.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2021, 10:00:05 am »
Oracle just told me he knows I can't vote for Madame.  He should not have revealed he knows that.  That's a huge tell.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2021, 12:32:58 pm »
What are you leaning towards doing with the idol at this point?