Author Topic: Round 12: When The Times Get Ruff, Oracle Gets Ruffer!  (Read 457 times)

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 12: When The Times Get Ruff, Oracle Gets Ruffer!
« on: September 29, 2021, 11:27:44 am »
Okay so I actually have to start trying at these challenges now. If I can win at least one of the next 3, then Margot is gonezo. If I can win 2 of the next 3, then Richie is gonezo, and if I can win the final one, then Madame is gonezo.

I really am not sure if I can actually pull this off because I guess I don't necessarily need to win out from this point on, but if I want to avoid rocks this round Margot can't win. Everything else then is flexible for a round before final 4 which would be ideal to win.

Suzy and Gustave are...less than stellar challenge performers thus far so unless we want to go to a scary 3 person rock draw. I have some semblance of challenge prowess but only on certain challenges.

I have a strategy I'm going to use for this challenge and if it works, I'm going to get the answers lightning fast, but if it doesn't work it could slow me up a bit. I really have no idea how this plays out and I'll be working on it tonight. Worst case it doesn't and Margot wins and then all hell breaks loose. I'm probably going to spend the rest of the night building what I'm hoping is a fast way to get to places. We will see if this works.

So *sighs* I don't even know if winning all three challenges guarantees me a win as I'm probably going to be lambasted a bit by people for poor jury management, which sucks given that I feel I've actually played a decent game with zero votes cast to eliminate me, but that's how these games go sometimes. I'm not blameless in my being here and I know that. That being said I literally do not now what happens if Margot wins here and that's where everything else is left up to chance. If I even want to see FTC, this challenge and the f4 challenge are the two most crucial challenges left.

If Margot wins...then f5 could be super important. Or it could not be and then I'd be on a trajectory to a loss. Wheeeee decisions.

But I'm going to roll up my fucking god damn sleeves and go to work. Fuck this game and continually shitting on me, Oracle is here to fight damn it! Put em up! Put em up!!!

Bark bark.

Also come bark with me specs, I miss u uwu

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 12: When The Times Get Ruff, Oracle Gets Ruffer!
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 11:37:28 am »
I’m a spec in addition to a mod. What’s your challenge trick?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 11:43:50 am »
I’m a spec in addition to a mod. What’s your challenge trick?

So I'm going to create a document and post all announcements (and a summary of posts), challenges (and a summary of posts) and The Merged Tribe (and a summary of posts) into a giant word document. This way I can ctrl+f the answers to what I think the questions will be. All Images will also nicely c/p there so all I have to do is do "chapter" and it will take me to the chapter or the title of the Thread and then it's just a matter of figuring out which post or whatever I need to get myself to. If it's questions about the images I should be able to quickly access them and change their size if need be so I can see it better. I also noticed you looking at profiles earlier (probably to find specific posts), so in the interest of being thorough I'm also going to go through each player, mod and spec profile and include all that information. ctrl+f is going to go a lot faster than constantly trying to navigate to each page.

Once I have all of this basically ready to go and hopefully I should be able to get the majority of the answers in a matter of minutes or even seconds.

In case this doesn't cover every single element of this challenge I'm also going to have a second tab open with this page just in case I need to speedily get somewhere for the few questions I might not have direct access to.

I have no idea if this is faster or slower but I'm hoping with enough of the question I can zip right to them all.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 12:49:08 pm »
Okay I've made the document. I'm going to make a bunch of hyperlinks for a semi board index and to every profile (don't want to rehash every detail there). Once I'm done with that I'll give myself a small break and then do this challenge.

This could be for the whole game.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 02:10:37 pm »
Okay I have finished the doc. I have finished the indexes. I'm going to step away for a little bit and then see if all of my effort and work was even worth the time I spent on it.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 04:13:00 pm »
I'm fairly confident I am not winning this challenge which is a huge bummer. Maybe Madame or Richie can whip out a win over Margot.

I know I missed one that was gettable if I wasn't being dumb and made a bad assumption about this challenge (once again).

Heaven only knows what that "saved from a train" think was about. I have no clue there. But I'm sure Margot will find it all. *eyerolls*

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2021, 01:16:46 am »
I’m so mad at myself. If I had just remembered we had more than one tc in camp ivanhoe or if I had reviewed my image list more carefully this was a fully winnable challenge by me.

Damn. I always crumble under pressure. Probably my biggest achilles heel in these games. Some people thrive under pressure and others crumble.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2021, 05:06:29 am »
By the way mods. Fantastic job on these late merge challenges. You started strong, there were some problemish challenges in the middle, but really the challenges towards the end of this are really really clever and fun!

Figured I could give some kudos since I know moderating isn’t always a fun time.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 06:07:05 am »
Uhhhhhh are we about to get the luckiest break of all time?!?!?!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 06:07:56 am »
Sorry I was trying to see if I can directly post that image, if the attachment is annoying let me know and ill fix it after work.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 12:08:36 pm »
Richie probably would rather force rocks than get rid of Margot.

This round comes down to Suzy and Madame.

Fuck my actual fucking life. Are we really just going to let Margot go to the end?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 12:44:43 pm »
So if Suzy and Madame both say Gustave...

Do I just make a final 3 with Madame and Margot and take my loss this game?

Like I really don't fucking know what to do right now. Richie is such a bonehead. Like I get why he wants to not vote Margot here, but there's zero chance they don't just send his ass packing the moment he loses. "I don't think they'll cut me before 4". What the hell Richie?

He is pretty much guaranteed top 4 with an amazing chance at immunity if he votes Margot here.

Stupid. This is so stupid. I need Duke back here. I miss him.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2021, 01:10:28 pm »
Confessional Prompt 29: Who would you like to sit next to at F3?

I want to sit next to Suzy and Gustave but I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 01:15:22 pm »
You know what? If I get to the next round and Richie loses, I'm voting his ass out and just saying "fuck you richie" for my reasoning just because he is so arrogant in private to me right now.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 01:28:30 pm »
If I cut Gustave, and it's a big if. I would be the swing vote next round.

I also probably have 0% chance of winning the game, but hey for a round or two I will feel on top of the world.

Choices.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2021, 12:45:23 am »
Madame won’t consider flipping here. Not seriously anyways.

So I guess this comes down to what Suzy wants here.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2021, 01:00:32 am »
According to Suzy, Richie is scared of me.

And I just snorted a bit. Like ooooh yeah scared of the person who has bad jury management, hasn’t won an individual challenge (except as part of a team), and literally has blown his load and squandered his chances with what should have been a 5 person alliance.

Like how am I the scary one?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2021, 03:23:10 am »
Fuck my fucking god damn mother fucking life.

Suzy won’t go to rocks.

I think this is 100% the moment I have 0% chance of winning.

Suzy wants to settle for 2nd or 3rd and has basically said as such.

I’m surrounded by a bunch of chickens. Lord I wish people had more guts than this.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2021, 04:25:14 am »
Can I just be voted out next?

Like seriously this is getting dumb.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2021, 05:24:50 am »
I really wanted to wipe that shit eating grin off Richie's face, but Suzy proved him right.

(he said there was no way me or Suzy would go to rocks, and he was right about one of us)

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 05:41:57 am »
Uhhh holy shit Madame might be flipping herw.

Wtf how did we pull this off?!?!

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 05:51:04 am »
If this works, I’m giving all props to Suzy. That woman is slicker than shoe polish.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2021, 06:17:07 am »
Mmmm I’m a little skeptical this works. Until I hear Madame say it I’m not going to hold my breath.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2021, 10:07:35 am »
Okay so holy fucking shit that worked. I'll explain more in full in this thread later, so it doesn't bleed into the next round but you good boy specs deserve to know how hellish my day has been to make this possible.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2021, 01:56:04 pm »
Okay so once again I'm going to summarize the events of the round without any PMs, but I'm literally having a ruff week at work, I've had 3 people on the team all resign within the last two weeks and it's getting so hard to focus on this game with stuff going on at work. I'm mentally and physically drained. This is going to have to be a "good enough" summary of this last round. After this post I'm moving on to Round 13. Again, please take me at my word this is how things went down from my point of view.

So challenge results come out and Richie wins, but even more exciting than Richie winning is MARGOT LOST! I seriously thought we squandered that chance when we didn't do it at final 8. And we would be absolutely insane not to take the shot here right?!

Back at final 8, Richie had proposed Margot as a vote so I thought I'd approach him to see if he would be down for it. And weirdly I get some resistance. He goes on and on and on about all this meta mumbo jumbo about how he has to stick with Margot and Madame and "there's no way you and Suzy will ever flip so I'm going to tie it" in order to remove Gustave. And I'm like, Gustave is literally the only person left in game I think we all 100% beat at the end, why does that make any sense? So I attempt to put it back on Margot by pointing out that with her in game, Richie becomes the de facto person to win two immunity challenges in a row and get to the end, so without her his odds increase.

He then pushes back on me saying "there's no way Madame and Margot don't take me to 4" and gets really fucking arrogant and in my face about stuff, so I get in his face about stuff and we kind of mix words, but at the end, we basically agree that we don't see eye to eye on this issue. Fine.

So then Margot comes at me also saying Gustave, and suddenly it hits me that this round could go to rocks, or could it? Thinking even deeper I don't think Suzy would go to rocks for me or Gustave at this point because she's willing to just settle. So I first bring up to Gustave and ask if he thinks Suzy would really go to rocks, and he seems convinced and I'm like, no she absolutely will not, but he doesn't really listen so fine.

I go to Madame. And Madame actually understands the benefit to getting Margot out here, however, understandably Gustave, in all of his infinite wisdom, has basically said he would never go against me and Suzy to her directly. Like come on dude, I get being honest, but play the fucking game already. Of course you are making Madame skiddish, the one person who could actually save us here. So at this point I'm like, well I don't anticipate Suzy actually wanting to go to rocks here (I think it was much more likely at 8 because of the circumstances), that means I have to become Madame's absolute #1 friend at this point. So I go to her and just start talking about why I think it makes sense that she may not want to cut Margot, but why I ultimately think this is a bad idea.

Well, she's resistant to that, so fine that makes sense. Which fuck. If I can't take out Margot here, my game is as good as done, so rather than stress whether this is magically going to work out or not, I start basically saying "let's endgame, fuck it at this point I'm good to go with you and whoever else you want." Which she seems receptive to, but we both want to wait to talk to Suzy.

So I fill Suzy in before she gets online and basically say today is the do or die day. Either we have to go to rocks with Margot vulnerable, or we have to let Gustave go.

However in that conversation, I also lay flat out that we could always try to do a f3 with madame and see if we can fold and go in with her, or possibly get her on our side now.

Suzy agrees and confirms she wouldn't want to go to rocks with a 2/3rds chance (called that btw). So she seems pretty down but immediately says she will work on Madame.

I basically don't hear from either of them most of the day and am pretty sure this is going to be Gustave going and while I hate it, I have to consider if he goes I'm basically set to become an endgame goat who gets little to no votes to win at the end, so I confirm with Richie and Margot that I think that is the vote that is happening.

Well while this is going on, sneaky mcsneakface Richie goes back on his desire to get rid of Gustave and starts fucking pitching me, which I hear from Gustave directly. I also know from Suzy that Richie thinks I'm the scariest player left and I'm just sitting there rolling my eyes because my life is literally on the line here and it's ridiculous.

However in the 11th hour, just when things seem like they are headed in a Gustave or me direction, Suzy messages me (right before she hops on a plane, I hope she is okay) that she thinks she has Madame confirming she goes for Margot this round and I just have to sit there and blink and wondering if my idea to "fake form" a f3 with Suzy and Madame has actually worked. Sure enough, Madame comes to me later saying, "I'm in, let's do Margot." And I just have to sit there dumbfounded, that against all odds, we figured out the crack to save us from having to do rocks or put Suzy in an awkward position where she has to be a bad jury manager.

And low and behold at the end of the day, Madame actually does take the ultimate risk and vote out Margot with us. Wow. I just can't even believe the roller coaster that was the last 24 hours. This game is insane.

I'll give more thoughts but I wanted to conclude this round from my point of view before moving on.