Author Topic: Round 13 Discussion  (Read 717 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 13 Discussion
« on: September 29, 2021, 08:57:17 am »
Here we go!

I feel like I wish the two challenges, last one and this one, were swapped. This one matters, and it felt a little underwhelming as I finalized it while last challenge actually ended up working well.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 13 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2021, 09:59:37 am »
I feel like I wish the two challenges, last one and this one, were swapped. This one matters, and it felt a little underwhelming as I finalized it while last challenge actually ended up working well.
I would agree, but that's definitely not something you could've known ahead of time.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2021, 10:41:54 am »
If margot is the last survivor of richie/margot/madame, I could still see her losing an FTC.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 10:46:57 am »
If she’s involved in one of the stabs though it should go a long way. Also I know juries don’t care much about premerge but she had all the power there and bailed Madame out. You can see the case start to form.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 10:49:07 am »
Gustave is an interesting player because he started off basically interchangeable with Oracle in terms of threat level, I thought from here, and way above say a Duke. But it just seems like he’s narrowed his game since merge and lost so much confidence. Duke otoh was rising and might have won!

Mr. Henry

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2021, 02:37:32 pm »
this does seem like it should be a tie... again... will they finally give us the rocks we deserve?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2021, 02:44:12 pm »
If margot is the last survivor of richie/margot/madame, I could still see her losing an FTC.
That's true. I agree.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2021, 09:25:34 pm »
Looks like this challenge is pushing the players harder than I expected. I thought they might be getting 100% right and finishing in 5 minutes but so far that hasn’t been the case, and the time limit seems to be a nice added stress factor.  Some of them are guessing/leaving an answer blank but then finishing with 25-50% of their time still remaining.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 03:39:31 am by Wes Anderson »

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2021, 02:36:24 am »
Like, I know this is incredibly spiteful for no apparent reason, and I've honestly forgotten the reason for wanting Madame out, but now, I gotta stick to it.

Madame, if you're reading this in post-game, not even I know why my alters really wanted you out. I think at this point, none of us actually know why, but kept going with it, and nobody stopped to question it.

My whole reason for targeting Madame is that she wasn't in our alliance.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2021, 08:39:38 am »
ahh, suzy is getting third isn't she?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2021, 08:43:05 am »
ahh, suzy is getting third isn't she?

I think depending on FTC she could surprise us, but if she's up against Richie and Madame, I really have a tough time seeing her win. Maybe they split the votes of the gamers and she gets votes based on pure social connections? But the problem is that Gustave and Oracle are going to feel so betrayed by her.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 08:47:50 am »
Oracle is going to be so mad if Margot doesn't go home here. He's going to be fuming. I almost hope for his sake that he is the one voted out and not Gustave.

I'm glad that Suzy's betrayal will finally be exposed, though.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2021, 09:11:31 am »
"3. In a previous challenge, we revealed that this game will have a F3.  Did anyone miss that?  How does that impact your thinking?"

Which challenge was this?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2021, 10:11:53 am »
"3. In a previous challenge, we revealed that this game will have a F3.  Did anyone miss that?  How does that impact your thinking?"

Which challenge was this?
It was just last challenge, the maze

The player who completes all three mazes correctly in the shortest time wins immunity, bringing them one step closer to making their case in front of the jury at the final three.
I knew some people would miss it which would be kind of funny but we didn’t want them operating at a disadvantage too long so we shined a spotlight on it here at TC

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2021, 10:15:06 am »
Fun but meaningless fact: Richie is the last remaining member of the Grover Cleveland High School swap tribe. The other five surviving players all went to Trash Island

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2021, 10:19:07 am »
Oracle is going to be so mad if Margot doesn't go home here. He's going to be fuming. I almost hope for his sake that he is the one voted out and not Gustave.
I want to take a moment here in case it’s his last day on the island to appreciate Oracle. He has a passion for the game that makes modding it feel more worthwhile, living and dying with challenge results and so on. Ofc the whole f6 is pretty great.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2021, 10:22:57 am »
Madame was the most stabby but got stymied - by Richie’s immunity win here. It really felt like she wanted to get people to take a shot here this round. Dunno if she’ll target Margot here though. Maybe people will vote into his idol at 5 or target him at 4. Gotta think he and Madame are the big favorites here and that one will make FTC.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 10:28:30 am by Wes Anderson »

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 12:32:30 pm »
RIP #vanhoe, should have saved herman

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2021, 12:38:41 pm »
That was kind of funny, with like 3 of them just immediately flipping because the plan got leaked.  As it turned out correctly since an idol did get played by Madame, but I enjoyed Suzy being 1) the leaker, and 2) the only one who stayed on the vote and said come on everyone what's the problem, and 3) also the one who bailed on them and would have lost 8 for them and will lose 6 for them.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2021, 05:14:22 pm »
and RIP gustave?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2021, 01:32:06 am »
Madame wants to risk her own neck on rocks just for the hope of getting out Suzy? I am confused

Meanwhile Suzy is struggling with the decision also but the idea she just posted either has a mistyped name or is just nonsense. Although I guess she says it wouldn’t work herself in the second half of the post lol

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2021, 02:48:55 am »
If it's a hint for the final immunity challenge that is both amazing and insane
That actually would be pretty funny if an item from the very first challenge paid off only on the last one

Mr. Henry

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2021, 04:59:28 am »
i'm sure she doesn't mean to, but suzy is just throwing it away at this point

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2021, 05:25:53 am »
Maybe

Suzy Richie Margot could be competitive. I don’t know if there’s much love for Richie/Margot on the jury really.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2021, 05:51:16 am »
Maybe

Suzy Richie Margot could be competitive. I don’t know if there’s much love for Richie/Margot on the jury really.
Will there be love for Suzy if she screws over her allies?