Author Topic: Round 12 Discussion  (Read 694 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 12 Discussion
« on: September 27, 2021, 08:41:59 am »
Sad to see Duke go like this, but we're still in a very interesting position. Should be an exciting endgame!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 03:07:02 am by Wes Anderson »

Bunce

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 11 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 09:31:57 am »
I know I haven't been posting but I have been reading, seems like it's been a wild ride so far

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 09:49:21 am »
You posted at the right moment since we’re on your challenge now!

Bunce

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 11:52:52 am »
Pog

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 11:53:49 am »
What the norm for # of quits/leaves during a game? Like I assume this is on the high end but by what margin?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 11:56:11 am »
What the norm for # of quits/leaves during a game? Like I assume this is on the high end but by what margin?
Most games don't have a quit or they only have one. Since we've made replacements a standard thing, we've seen a few more quits in the beginnings of games than we used to, but quits in the late merge are rare.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 02:39:27 pm »
but imagine how crazy the game would be if they voted out royal here HAHAHAa

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 12:23:10 am »
This might be a dumb question (but first time spectating) do we not get to see the Jury forum?

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 12:26:13 am »
Also not going to lie, it really bums me out when people quit out of these things after having voted out people that really want to play.  Like I get that shit happens but it's doubly frustrating being on the sidelines and seeing people in the game just be like "Well arrivederci!"

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 12:30:50 am »
This might be a dumb question (but first time spectating) do we not get to see the Jury forum?
It’s a good question actually. It’s been done both ways with the jury forum being private being a more recent experiment. I actually didn’t even remember setting it to private so I may change that!

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 12:34:26 am »
Also not going to lie, it really bums me out when people quit out of these things after having voted out people that really want to play.  Like I get that shit happens but it's doubly frustrating being on the sidelines and seeing people in the game just be like "Well arrivederci!"
Yeah, quits are disappointing. Royal we knew his situation going in but were in a kind of tight spot and I really like the way he’s decided to handle it.

Duke and Buckley it’s hard to second guess someone’s personal situation and decision making but it’s too bad. I don’t think Buckley had anything come up really, just had some trouble staying up for deadlines and so withdrew. That one kind of stings.

Duke’s exit takes out someone from the side that was poised to lose the vote which helps. I do think Duke was positioned to win much more so than Gustave though. This also removes the drama of Suzy actually having to flip although that may still be coming.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 12:45:37 am by Wes Anderson »

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 03:50:53 am »
I like this idea from Oraclre even though I’m sure Suzy doesn’t go for it.

But Margot Madame Richie say fine let’s punt Royal (3)
Royal votes for whoever, say Oracle (1)
3vanhoe swoops in with the sneak attack on say Richie (3)

Now it’s 3-3-1 and Richie and Royal can’t vote in the revote, making it 3vanhoe vs M&M in the revote. Slick

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2021, 08:36:01 am »
Royal is still in this game unless you all vote him out
Water wet, sky blue

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2021, 08:38:19 am »
Royal is still in this game unless you all vote him out
Water wet, sky blue
actually that often isn’t the case in this game so a reminder seemed prudent

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2021, 10:33:55 am »
heh, i guess ,but he did say he was continuining in the game. It's just funny because you could say the same of anyone left in the game.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2021, 10:39:36 am »
Haha yeah I know I was just joking with that reply.

It’s def kinda funny for the reasons you say, I think I said it just as like hey he’s not gone yet could something happen here?? kinda way

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2021, 10:55:33 am »
Yeah, I think Royal going here is actually the maximally entertaining outcome. Royal and Duke were looking like they might be the two "goats" of the game (though I don't think either was a goat) but still, it might have become a game of trying to see who could sit next to them. It is disappointing I guess that the crucial final 8 and final 7 rounds ultimately might not matter that much, but final 6 will be very interesting.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2021, 02:00:11 pm »
lmao everyone thinks its them

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2021, 04:29:16 pm »
I honestly just hope Madame goes out here

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2021, 04:29:39 pm »
Like, I know this is incredibly spiteful for no apparent reason, and I've honestly forgotten the reason for wanting Madame out, but now, I gotta stick to it.

Madame, if you're reading this in post-game, not even I know why my alters really wanted you out. I think at this point, none of us actually know why, but kept going with it, and nobody stopped to question it.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2021, 04:33:38 pm »
It’s a good question actually. It’s been done both ways with the jury forum being private being a more recent experiment. I actually didn’t even remember setting it to private so I may change that!

Also I genuinely prefer seeing the jury subforum, because without seeing it, I don't see part of the game, and that's just boring to sit through, especially if most of the people left aren't really interacting *that* heavily with their confessionals.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2021, 07:36:37 pm »
I know a lot of new players who start getting invested in a game can get really invested, I know it happened to me in my first game, but holy crap foxy you are a text generating machine.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2021, 07:52:45 pm »
Mods - Thank you for running this game, and actually accepting me into it. I've genuinely appreciated playing this game, even though I, Kori, played such a small portion of it, I still enjoyed that portion. Based on notes I have, the others enjoyed playing this too. The only mod I'm going to say something specific about is SKELDA - I FUCKING REFUSE TO BELIEVE YOU FIXED BIPPY'S GRAMMAR MISTAKE. I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY THIS IS IN THE NOTES AT ALL, BUT THERE IS LITERALLY A NOTE THAT JUST SAYS "FUCK BRENDEN - HE LIED TO ME ABOUT IT BEING A SPELLING MISTAKE" SO I'M CALLING YOU OUT FOR IT

Jk, love you Skelda <3

I feel such a kinship with Madame right now. We've both had Foxy come at us for little/no reason. <3

But literally the post in question was just copy-and-pasted from the mod forum, so I don't know what you think I edited out, but post-game you can check lol

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2021, 07:56:26 pm »
I just double-checked, and I actually changed the word "most" to "must" so I was fixing bippy's typo. I think the comma usage error was a different post. But yeah, basically my mod corruption knows no bounds. I'm mad with power

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2021, 08:00:13 pm »
Like, I know this is incredibly spiteful for no apparent reason, and I've honestly forgotten the reason for wanting Madame out, but now, I gotta stick to it.

Madame, if you're reading this in post-game, not even I know why my alters really wanted you out. I think at this point, none of us actually know why, but kept going with it, and nobody stopped to question it.
I think you should root for Madame to win. If she wins, you're a huge part of the winner's story. Plus really how can you blame her for targeting you when you targeted her first?