Author Topic: Round 7: What's a dog to do when he's popular?  (Read 138 times)

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Round 7: What's a dog to do when he's popular?
« on: September 16, 2021, 04:29:32 pm »
Me:

Okay that helps me confirm that it was genuine. They seem really really nice, though on his way out AA tried to tell me that Margot was calling me "popular" or whatever and made it sound like she didn't really like me, which given AA and Margot didn't exactly talk much kind of makes me think AA was just doing what he could not to go in the final hours, but it still made me raise an eyebrow. But Madame and Margot are really cool to me anyways.

Richie:

They are really nice.  I don't actually disbelieve that Margot would use the term popular though, even if saying that to the person getting the votes is a misplay.  Margot was pretty popular herself on Rushmore, and she was the crucial swing vote when the tribe power structure flipped on its head.  She's going to want to play up someone else's popularity before she shines too bright herself.  Of the two I think Madame D. would be the better player to try to work with if we need someone new on our side, although at this point the two of them might come as a pair until one goes home.

A few PMs later

Richie:

Margot just hit me up with her first message to me since merge and WHAT DO YOU KNOW she says you seem popular all around and like you don't get on anyone's bad side.  At least we know what the narrative she's going for is.  I do actually want to give credence to what she said about Madame D. though, Madame D. is likely the better actual player even though Madame was forced onto the back foot for the last few rounds by Foxy repeatedly tunneling on them.  I think we're going to find that Margot is not very subtle (see: the beginning of this paragraph) whereas Madame D. will be able to operate in shades of grey much more impactfully.

Me:

Oh wow, that shocks me so much. Why ever would Margot say those things about me? I thought we were BFF-pfft. Okay I couldn't finish that with a straight face. I mean Peter and I didn't exactly have the greatest of rounds with each other when he was with us so I can't effectively say I don't get on anyone's bad side haha. It's interesting because you'd think she would take two minutes and realize you and I were on a tribe together and maybe think oh wow maybe they talk. Margot is actually a pretty decent player and she's someone that was talked about for the vote over Anthony. Again we were thinking mostly of optics when we chose to go for AA instead because what if we hadn't merged? In any case, that was then, this is now. Madame is just delightful to talk to, which obviously makes her a great social chameleon in this game and someone we need to watch, but given everything, that's not a today concern from my opinion. If we need to bring out some claws this merge I'm totally down. You can't make everyone happy haha.

Wow guys! I'm popular bark bark!

Whatever is a badass social pug like me going to do with that information? hehe ;)

For serious though, cutting Anthony could have been a mistake, but it's just as likely he just throws everyone on the last tribe under the bus and this tribe is chaotic. At least with Margot she's transparent enough that all the shit she doesn't think gets back to me, does. I still have my social paws dug deep into the people this game, and they might see it, but idols aside I doubt there's much they choose to do about it. Plus I'm not afraid to get a little feisty and go on the offensive. What's the worst these people can do? Vote me out? Oh no the humanity whatever will I do if I get my social life back?!

Woe is me.

But seriously, silly Margot, tricks are for pugs! It's time to start flexing some of that social capital, along with the dog flu serum I didn't even ask for but now have. I seriously hope the person with dog flu just dies and I can hold onto it and let them die.

That would be so sweet. I'm ready to vote these nasty humans out of this game. Let's get to the point of why I'm even here to begin with?

In other news, I did something I said I was going to do all game:

Still waiting on Duke to show up, but fuck if I'm going to enjoy myself this game I'm just going to sit in a room with the other doggos and just bark a shit ton.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 7: What's a dog to do when he's popular?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 05:07:10 am »
I decided this morning after Young Writer confessed he gave away the Dog Flu Serum to go ahead and out that I had it to basically everyone from OG Ivanhoe, I'm pretty sure everyone knows I have it and it will likely either get played or become obsolete after this round. The fewer people who are sketched out by me, the better in my opinion. Might as well not blindside the people I need to get me farther in the game.

Time will tell if that was smart, or incredibly stupid to do.

I could potentially lose Duke's trust over it, but if it was going to get out after I do or don't use it anyways, I might as well get ahead of that and make sure my bases are covered.

I'm also making an attempt to try to see if Margot is interested in working with me farther. I'll see if I succeeded later I guess. I think it's a better idea if the threats take the other threats far because otherwise you become the threat and get cut towards the end, but I'm not sure if she's going to bite.

Ideally, I can set something up with Suzy, Gustave, Richie, Margot, Madame and myself. I just think that whole group reads BIG THREAT with all caps in red letters. Then Gustave and I will have choices when it gets farther. I don't give a shit if I go to the end with threats, I'd rather get a satisfying winner than just someone who sat back.

And that's not to say anyone not in that grouping are people who sat back, Peter and Writer definitely have been active, the above are just the ones I trust to get to that point...well that is if Margot bites. If not, I'm going to have to re-assess.

I don't want to take Herman much farther if I can help, because everyone is going to want to take him as a goat to the end. I think I could safely go farther with Duke if that happens, but I'm not sure how that works out long term if Duke isn't happy about me leaking that I got the item from him, but like it's not hard to trace back? Writer would have suspected it anyways if I played it mysteriously out of nowhere this round. Really it's Duke's fault for giving it to me. I guess I could have given it back to him, but if I've learned anything from playing survivor, its never give away jack shit if you happen to get it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2021, 05:12:09 am by Oracle »

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 10:34:17 am »
Lol oh Peter. You really shouldn't have blabbed to Margot. That was a huge mistake.

For context, he took me saying "Id be willing to start over if you will" as "we are now in a trio with Young Writer", which isn't a huge stretch in logic and given more time and an actual PM from Writer, it might have happened. But to assume that, and then blab to the worst blabber of all time who blabbed to me...

In the words of Sandra from HvV "I'm against you." *Invisible Moustache Twirl*

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 10:35:12 am »
Like literally, Margot can't keep a secret to herself to save her life. She's just kind of verbal diarrhea.

Which actually I kind of think is an interesting strategy and I'm keeping my eyes on it in case I choose to play another game.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 12:10:35 pm »
Margot has proposed a 4 person alliance with her, Duke, myself and Madame. I'm not sure I fully 100% trust this, but to be honest I wouldn't hate it if there's a valid grouping there. Margot is smart and I like Madame and Duke. It would be something I would trust when I'm ready to finally break off from Suzy and Richie. It would also be good to keep Gustave as a 5th and perhaps me, Gustave and Duke could flip at 5 against those two and be the final 3. I actually wouldn't hate that final 3 because I think Gustave and Duke would be seen as my minions. Moreso Duke than Gustave, but on the other side I think I can say there are places where I definitely had enough social sway to push votes off of me, whereas Gustave is being discussed for a second time. (not seriously, but you get my point).

So this is finally a plan forming in my head. Though Margot slaying all the competitions is something to be concerned about. At a point its going to make sense to cut her and unlike some of my past games I'm going to take the opportunity when it presents itself. I have no doubts Anthony would have flipped into the Peter chaos immediately and this would be a much crazier TC.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 12:51:45 pm »
#bored. Where are people and why am I not getting more messages? Why do I have time to play pokemon in the middle of the merge TC?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 04:11:14 pm »
Apparently Peter thinks he can "make me vote" a certain way.

The audacity haha. I don't even care if this is a false story perpetuated by someone else. The fact someone thinks they can make me do anything astounds me. I love it though because I can't wait to go "gotcha".

I am starting to plant little soldiers everywhere to spin the game around. With the Margot/Madame/Duke/Me group, the Herman/Suzy/Gustave group, the Richie/Gustave/Me group...and then all my little people just gathering information for me and letting me know. I'm sure this castle will come crashing down around me eventually, but I'm feeling pretty damn well insulated right now in this game. I think I survive at least 3 more rounds before I even start becoming a serious target by anyone, which might be just enough time to get farther.

I'll do a ranking this weekend, but I'm tired because let me tell you specs and mods, merging during the week is absolute hell. Don't do it ever again. This is horrible.