Author Topic: Chapter Three  (Read 240 times)

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter Three
« on: September 16, 2021, 10:04:15 am »
It's merge baby that's a chapter break and a half.

It is so great to make merge having already met everyone in the game.  Mutiny for the win!

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Three
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 10:10:52 pm »
Congratulations on being inducted into the Society of Crossed Keys. Now that you are here, what are you thinking regarding the next few votes? What players do you think are showing themselves to be the power players here from your perspective?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 01:10:29 am »
Good old Eli, thanks for stopping by again and thanks for the congratulations.

So I'm thinking more in terms of how to shape this merge such that I get towards the endgame I want than in terms of who I need to take out first or in the next few votes.  I'm pretty dang connected, maybe too connected for my own good.  The only player I'm not in at least one group chat with is Duke, and the only player I would really want to target is Peter who I can't actually campaign against fully because I think he has an idol to play.  Everyone is being careful right now not to act as a power player I think so it's going to be an interesting round once the individual immunity is handed out.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 01:21:06 am »
My group chats, asterisk indicates chat founder

Society of the Crossed Keys: Richie, Suzy*, Writer, Oracle, Herman
Team Fire Fox: Richie, Royal*, Buckley, Madame, Margot
The Grand Tenenbaums Limited: Richie, Writer*, Royal, Peter
111 Archer Avenue: Richie*, Royal, Buckley, Margot
The Key to the Keys: Richie*, Suzy, Herman
The Wes Fanderson Club: Richie*, Suzy, Writer

Turns out that with the extinction of the Four Horsemen after Anthony's departure I don't have an active group chat including M. Gustave anymore

Defunct chats:
The Four Horsemen: Richie, Oracle, Gustave*, Anthony
The Spy Bureau: Richie*, Writer, Anthony

I'm going to go start a new Horsemen chat with Oracle and Gustave now for good measure

I'm pretty sure there is a group chat consisting of Suzy, Writer, Oracle, Gustave, Herman and Duke from the Sam vote
There is also probably a group chat of Suzy, Oracle, Gustave and Herman from Trash Island last round
I would bet good money that there is a trio group chat of Margot, Madame and Peter from at least the round of Steve's demise if not earlier

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 02:34:43 am »
Who here has me as their top ally, hmmm...

Writer with Team Zissou.  Suzy for sure.  Royal almost for sure.  Oracle, probably maybe?

I wonder if Suzy and Royal have gotten anywhere in meeting and building up a relationship.  That's tough, they never met before the merge and I don't want to give away too much of my hand by trying to force it.  But I'd love to go really far with both of them.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 11:30:41 am »
Pretty concerned that Peter's idol (if, as I suspect, it exists) is going to take out someone important to me.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 02:35:02 pm »
Confessional Prompt 16: Less than 12 hours remain to compete in the Hidden Immunity Idol challenge. What are your thoughts on competing? Is it worth it?
It was far from a safe choice, and I probably didn't win it, but I just like the theme and the challenge content so much I wanted to play it for fun

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 01:03:30 am »
The skillset for that French Dispatch challenge felt similar enough to the film challenge (visual acuity, speed) that I think Margot probably won the Fox's Tail idol.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 08:05:45 am »
La Dee Da please don't idol me out Peter

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 08:36:17 am »
Okay... wrong about the train brawl idol being in Peter's hands.  Does Buckley have it?  Could Margot?  I may have misjudged whether there was enough time for her to be posting in her own confessional and the thread with the flood controls.

Did no on on Rushmore take the heist plans?  That seems extremely unlikely with how much they spent in the auction.