Author Topic: Tribal Council Five/Six: Camp Ivanhoe  (Read 326 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Tribal Council Five/Six: Camp Ivanhoe
« on: September 13, 2021, 08:31:50 am »
Tribal Council 5 & 6

Camp Ivanhoe, welcome to Tribal Council.

Please answer the following questions before casting your vote:

1. First, we say goodbye to Richie Tenenbaum.  Do you think he volunteered to go with the pirates, or was he taken against his will?  What do you think of the kidnapping?

2. Second, we welcome Peter Whitman.  Is Peter immediately in hot water as the new member of the tribe, or is there room for him to navigate?

3. How concerned are you about the Mendl's that Young Writer won coming into play?

4. Does this kidnapping provide enough of a shake up, or are you holding out hope for a full tribe swap?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 08:41:17 am by Wes Anderson »

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal Council Five/Six: Camp Ivanhoe
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 08:38:40 am »
1. bye richie, i'll miss you! from what he said to me, i don't think he volunteered; i think that the secret method was used to determine the kidnap, which would mean nobody volunteered from our group.

2. the fact that we all had a chance to message him a little before this really helps the kidnapped people on either side. i can't speak for the whole tribe, but i'm inclined to discuss before deciding what to do.

3. oracle won mendls? that's news to me :P. but there's always the chance that they get used in a way you don't expect.

4. i would personally prefer a full swap, just because going into a merge while barely knowing half the game is scary.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 08:41:18 am »
1. First, we say goodbye to Richie Tenenbaum.  Do you think he volunteered to go with the pirates, or was he taken against his will?  What do you think of the kidnapping?
Prolly not willing, I don't know if they would want to risk a shut-out.

2. Second, we welcome Peter Whitman.  Is Richie immediately in hot water as the new member of the tribe, or is there room for him to navigate?
I have no idea, hopefully, they're okay :I

3. How concerned are you about the Mendl's that Oracle won coming into play?
Wow, Oracle, I can't believe you would steal it :(

4. Does this kidnapping provide enough of a shake up, or are you holding out hope for a full tribe swap?
PLEASE GIV- *ahem* I'm hoping for a full tribe swap, and I've heard echoed sentiments

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 08:41:31 am »
Whoops we fixed a few name errors!

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 09:17:07 am »
So now that I'm on this tribe, the challenge results will be rectified correct? I am now the top scoring Camp Ivanhoe player? RIGHT MODS! ANSWER ME DONT WALK AWAY FROM ME BRENDAN

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 09:44:08 am »
1. I really do feel bad for Richie and I doubt he volunteered for this. It's a very interesting twist and I'm very excited to see how the two tribals turn out.

2. I'm willing to hear what he has to say.

3. Any time there is an immunity out there you have to be at least a little concerned of you don't have it.

4. I feel like a bigger change is coming soon and I am somewhat looking forward to it

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 10:39:22 am »
1. I don't think he volunteered. He didn't seem like he was rearing and ready to jump ship from the conversation I had with him, but it's possible that maybe he did? Like you never truly know what is going on inside a person's head when a twist like this comes up until you see the end result. And even then unless you are that person only you know if you volunteered or if you were randomly selected by Wes Anderson Lottery. It's definitely interesting and I think it'll be a shift in mindset. The conversations you had before are not the conversations you are having now and part of playing survivor is being adaptable to changes like this.

2. When you come into an established group where you are the lone person to join, there's always going to be hesitation. Will Peter be immediately in hot water? I have to imagine any time you are a minority in an established majority the eyes in the room are going to naturally fall on you, but that doesn't mean it's necessarily going to be a death sentence. When the original plan was suggested to have YW go over to ensure we all survived, no one jumped on it or even really discussed it, so you can't objectively say that we are one big happy Ivanhoe family anymore. And therein lies a potential crack that Peter could need to figure out how to navigate this tribe. It's also possible that Peter just naturally integrates with a group here and rides it out. Who knows if Peter feels any allegiance to anyone else from his prior tribe? Perhaps he's looking to make friends and we are the friends that are there for him. The beauty of survivor is that nothing is set in stone and there is always time to change your destiny in this game. I certainly want to talk to Peter and get to know him, because if I had been the one swapped on the other side I would want to be heard out and not immediately shut out. Welcome to the tribe Peter!

3. That is up to Young Writer on whether or not he plays it. I also believe it's good this round and next so it all depends on how he feels with other people in this group. Any time someone has any item there's always a chance it'll be played. Worried? I don't know? I try not to worry about the things I don't know about and go from there. It's a bit of an optimistic attitude I suppose, but that's just part of what makes me, me. If he plays it, he plays it and that's how the dog bone breaks, or whatever human saying you all have.

4. I think we all expected a swap. Because it didn't happen, we have to imagine that either this is the new normal or that you are going to swap around f14 which will be at the conclusion of this tribal. If you don't, I'm going to question a lot about how "Standard" this game really is. You have to be ready for a swap even if none comes so that's just part of what makes survivor, survivor.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 09:20:59 pm »
1. He did not make it sound like he was planning to leave. It'll be interesting to see if he survives the round.

2. I think there's room for him to navigate. There has definitely been a lot more discussion going about than there was during our previous tribal council.

3. I'm not very concerned by it.

4. I do think a swap is finally around the corner, I do not consider the stooges twist to be a swap.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 11:57:23 pm »

Goodbye person I never met! Hope you fare well with those crazies on Rushmore. However, I do think he stands a chance. We had our own drama we were working on and revolving door a member of the ~majority~ doesn't seem like the best way to establish connections in a merge or swap.

2. Second, we welcome Peter Whitman.  Is Peter immediately in hot water as the new member of the tribe, or is there room for him to navigate?

God I hope I'm not in hot water.

3. How concerned are you about the Mendl's that Young Writer won coming into play?

I'm extremely concerned. That someone could win those Mendl's despite getting 3rd place overall. The fact that Young Writer has them is less concerning. I just wish he'd give me a sip.

I definitely want a full tribe swap. I don't think people will be as receptive to me for long. And I miss my friends. :(

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2021, 12:18:23 am »

I'd assume he was taken against his will. If we wilfully jumped into the unknown, then he is a braver man than I. Well, I'm a dog but you get the point.

I think hopping to another tribe is never going to result in landing in *cold* water. But it might be lukewarm? I guess we'll see!

Not really concerned. Writer's been very forthright about items to date, I'm more concerned about the ones that went missing at auction.

I reckon we're not swapping til merge. Calling it now. Going full Palau on this.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2021, 08:43:05 am »
It is now time to read the votes.  If you'd like to play an immunity idol, now would be the time to do so.
Spoiler
Nobody stands up.
[close]

I will now read the votes.

First vote:
Spoiler

M. Gustave

Second vote:
Spoiler

M. Gustave

Third vote:
Spoiler

M. Gustave.  That's three votes M. Gustave.

Fourth vote:
Spoiler

Sam Shakusky.

Fifth vote:
Spoiler

Sam Shakusky.

Sixth vote:
Spoiler

Sam Shakusky.  That's three votes Sam, three votes Gustave.

Seventh vote:
Spoiler

Sam.

Eighth vote:
Spoiler

Sam.  That's five votes Sam, three votes M. Gustave.

Ninth vote:
Spoiler

M. Gustave.

What's this?  There seems to be one vote left.

Tenth vote:
Spoiler

Sam Shakusky.

That's six votes Sam, four votes M. Gustave.

I'm sorry, Sam, that's enough.  You have been eliminated.

It's time for you to go.
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]