Author Topic: Chapter 5 - No. I refuse.  (Read 639 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 5 - No. I refuse.
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2021, 04:30:11 am »
Why did you decide to mutiny Fox?

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2021, 05:06:44 am »
Congratulations on winning the exciting Mendl’s item! Given that it’s only good this TC and next, do you already have plans of how to use it? What will you do?

Plan 1)
- If I mutiny successfully, don't use it, and ask on the other tribe who they think the vote is, and soft that I'm going to play the idol.
- If I don't think it's me, save the idol and play it at the next TC instead.

Plan 2)
- If I don't mutiny successfully, play it here, and hope that it's not a waste.
- If I don't think it's gonna be me taking the boot, I'm going to just keep it, and use it if we go to TC again.
- Maybe I play it on Max though and vote Madame instead.

Why did you decide to mutiny Fox?

A lot of reasons. We're at the point of I don't want to vote anyone out. I don't really want to kill the mutiny player either, and it seems like the vote could be on Max here, who I really don't want it to be on.
I'm more scared of Madame being a power-player here, who's gonna try to get the vote to be on me, since I feel like people are talking to me less. I think it could simply be that people are busy, but I noticed this pattern last time, and the vote didn't go the way I intended. I think the vote is on Max, and I'm being kept purposefully in the dark this time again.

I feel like being on the other tribe increases my chances of actually making it to merge. Once I make it to merge, I'm happy.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2021, 06:11:10 am »
I have a dumb fucking plan here.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2021, 06:11:53 am »
I don't mutiny.

We all go along with it being Max as the vote.
Me, Margot, and Max all vote Madame.
I idol Max.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2021, 06:12:29 am »
Right now, I really don't care if I go out. Madame is the bigger threat here.

This turns everyone against me, yes, and puts me in the minority position, but it's the chaotic play.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2021, 06:20:59 am »
My only fear is that Madame decides to splinter off onto me, in which case I'm fucked. But I don't think that happens here.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2021, 06:27:34 am »
I don't think Madame does.

Peter should be mutinying, so that's one less ally I feel.
Buckley and Madame could be allies, but I don't care at this point.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2021, 09:00:37 am »
Ok, I'm gonna write up a few PMs that I'm sending off at the end of this TC, in case I actually survive.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2021, 09:06:55 am »
Buckley:

I'm sorry. I consider this even for what you did last round with the Steve vote, though. A little bit before I won, Madame said she wanted Max out. Clearly, as you can tell by this TC, I didn't want Max out. I agree with you, that Madame could've been easy to play around--honestly and truly--but I did not feel comfortable in my position at all. I saw a play right here, and right now, and I told myself "I'm either taking this play, or I'm going along with the flow of things." I decided to take the play. The plan was simple: I was going to openly, and publicly say I was playing the Mendl's on myself, and let people play the WIFOM of "Am I actually doing it?" which most likely would've been yes, I was.

I didn't, obviously. I played it on Max. Why Max? Because I have enjoyed talking to Max, and Max is someone I want to carry. Like you said to me, this play isn't anti-you at all. It's literally just to remove a threat in this game: Madame. Me and Margot both acknowledged Madame is a major threat. I almost told Margot the plan, but decided against it. Less people knowing, the less likely it'd leak. I didn't tell you since you since I knew you'd turn around and tell Madame.

This play was solely to ensure I have a fighting chance in this game and can make it through to the next phase. I don't care if people hate me for this play. I really don't. I know this puts me in a horrible position, but at least I tried *something*.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2021, 12:18:56 pm »
Royal:

Hey, I wanted to apologize to you about the way this vote turned out. You can hate me for it. I don't care. I just want you to at least hear out my side of the story before you decide to do anything. I know you and Madame were close, but Madame was genuinely a threat in my eyes. A few people on this tribe messaged me about it, and said that yea, Madame was honestly a major threat, and there wasn't a whole lot we could do about it. I won the challenge, and I had the immunity. Madame wanted Max out, someone who I actually like, and generally just enjoy talking to, and I didn't want Max to go out.

I devised a plan about this. I was going to let Madame vote Max, let everyone vote Max, and play the idol on him so Madame goes out. This move wasn't anti-you, or anti-anyone. I honestly really liked Madame, but I was also very scared of the position she was in, and saw a chance to make a play. I told myself - this is where I make a play, and whatever happens because of it happens, or I don't ever make the play. Like I said as well, I don't care if you hate me after this play. Honestly. I want you to at least know I'm trying to put myself in a position where I don't feel like I could go out at any time soon just because of something.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2021, 12:23:09 pm »
Richie:

Hey, I know you just got on this tribe, but I do wanna apologize to you about lying to you instantly about the vote, and apologize if you liked Madame. A few others on the tribe really felt like Madame was in a powerful position and made some of us, (myself included), really uncomfortable. I had the idol from the challenge, and I saw a chance to do something about it, to make me feel a little more comfortable on the tribe, and really take down the most powerful person. I know that was a stupidly risky play, and risks me going out, but honestly, I don't care that much. This is my first game of Survivor, and honestly, making a play like that really is just what made the game for me. You can hate me for this play, or whatever, but I at least wanted to explain my thought process to you.

I do like you, and I do mean what I said about wanting to work with you. I just didn't know right off the bat how much you had talked with Madame. I saw it as a matter of "the less people it takes to pull off a conspiracy the better."

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2021, 12:24:20 pm »
Revised Buckley:

I'm sorry. I consider this even for what you did last round with the Steve vote, though. A little bit before I won, Madame said she wanted Max out. Clearly, as you can tell by this TC, I didn't want Max out. I agree with you, that Madame could've been easy to play around--honestly and truly--but I did not feel comfortable in my position at all. I saw a play right here, and right now, and I told myself "I'm either taking this play, or I'm going along with the flow of things." I decided to take the play. The plan was simple: I was going to openly, and publicly say I was playing the Mendl's on myself, and let people play the WIFOM of "Am I actually doing it?" which most likely would've been yes, I was.

I didn't, obviously. I played it on Max. Why Max? Because I have enjoyed talking to Max, and Max is someone I want to carry. Like you said to me, this play isn't anti-you at all. It's literally just to remove a threat in this game: Madame. Me and Margot both acknowledged Madame is a major threat. I almost told Margot the plan, but decided against it. Less people knowing, the less likely it'd leak. I didn't tell you since you since I didn't know if you'd turn around and tell Madame--the same thing happened with the Steve vote, so I'm calling it even here.

This play was solely to ensure I have a fighting chance in this game and can make it through to the next phase. I don't care if people hate me for this play. I really don't. I know this puts me in a horrible position, but at least I tried *something*.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2021, 12:29:05 pm »
Margot:

I originally planned on telling you this. Like you, I didn't want us to get pagong'd and just all go out, so I decided to bite the bullet and protect Max without telling you. The entire plan was to tell Madame I'm playing the idol on myself, just to flush it, as a sign of good will. I didn't feel comfortable with Madame on the tribe. I think she was a little too powerful in this position, and trying to remove someone that we could use to help maintain majority on this tribe, didn't sit well with me. I know others have said that they didn't want Madame to go out, and as a result, I'm apologizing to everyone about this. I thought this was the best play for my game. I don't care if I go out here. I'm happy with this play and calling it a day at that.

I think Madame was too strong, and while this idol only lasted for two TCs, I don't know if the next TC is a double-elim, or individual challenge. I don't want the idol to go to waste if it is indeed a single-elim, and we win immunity, y'know? I saw a play here, and told myself either I'm taking the play now, or never taking it. As much as I liked Madame too, I didn't feel comfortable in the idea of having to keep the idol in my pocket in case of something happening.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2021, 12:30:47 pm »
Revised Royal:

Hey, I wanted to apologize to you about the way this vote turned out. You can hate me for it. I don't care. I just want you to at least hear out my side of the story before you decide to do anything. I know you and Madame were close, but Madame was genuinely a threat in my eyes. A few people on this tribe messaged me about it, and said that yea, Madame was honestly a major threat, and there wasn't a whole lot we could do about it. I won the challenge, and I had the immunity. Madame wanted Max out, someone who I actually like, and generally just enjoy talking to, and I didn't want Max to go out.

I devised a plan about this. I was going to let Madame vote Max, let everyone vote Max, and play the idol on him so Madame goes out. This move wasn't anti-you, or anti-anyone. I honestly really liked Madame, but I was also very scared of the position she was in, and saw a chance to make a play. I told myself - this is where I make a play, and whatever happens because of it happens, or I don't ever make the play. Like I said as well, I don't care if you hate me after this play. Honestly. I'm trying to make a play that I feel is best for my own game, and I realize how fucking suicidal this play is after it's all said and done. I realize that. I just hope you understand my perspective on the matter before you decide to vote me at the next TC, if that happens.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2021, 12:37:42 pm »
Live Reaction to Challenge 5: https://youtu.be/D11DsewTySc
Reaction two Twist 2: https://youtu.be/wwFc9_9dBgA

Important Timestamps from Live Reaction:
8:26 - Peter posts, I get angry about this.
9:06 - actual reaction starts.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2021, 12:25:45 am »
So, Royal likes Max, which makes me feel good about this play. I think Buckley can hate me for the play, and I have two others who I think will actively work with me following this play makes me feel comfortable in not going out. Early merge, sure. But not in this tribe.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2021, 02:46:52 am »
This move isn't the best move for my game. Not doing it is the safest move I can do, and by extension, the lamest one.
I've made up my mind. I'm playing the idol on Max, and voting Madame.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2021, 02:48:28 am »
I want to give the spectators something to discuss. Here y'all go. If I go out, I at least go out making a chaos play.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2021, 02:54:20 am »
I'm going to revise all these statements too, and repost them in a separate thread.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2021, 02:59:01 am »
no. I'm deciding against it.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2021, 07:46:23 am »
Only reason for this vote swap - Buckley told me that there was discussion of sending votes my way to flush the idol.
I'm flushing it on myself, and voting Madame in the off-chance that I would go out, so my vote goes the way I want.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2021, 08:36:24 am »
EAT FUCKING SHIT

I FUCKING SAVED MYSELF AND VOTING MADAME HERE

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile