Author Topic: Chapter 4  (Read 199 times)

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter 4
« on: September 10, 2021, 09:29:12 am »
Chapter 4

Well this is going to be a wild ride.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 4
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 09:35:32 am »
Woah it's all happening.

Steve told me he heard Royal but wants to vote Buckley.

Now Foxy is telling me he wants to vote Steve.

Aaahhh!!!

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:39:55 am »
Surely my name has also come up?

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 10:25:39 am »
Groovy. Margot tells me Foxy actually wants me out but is using Steve as a decoy, which makes sense. If so, Foxy's use of Steve as a decoy is SUPER awkward and I don't know if Steve knows that's Foxy's plan.

A group PM of Margot/Me/Peter is now a thing though, and I'm ready for action!

I want Max or Steve out this round, preferably Max.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 09:19:49 pm »
I think Steve is going to have to be the vote, but I'm not actually sure that's worse for me than a Max vote anyway? There's something delightful in me making a move against Foxy all whilst voting for who they told me to vote for.

But yes, I have been a busy bee this round! There's nothing quite like being the tribe figurehead's main target to light a fire in my belly. And with that fire, I have been doing my absolute best to subtly pit people against each other whilst appearing as an innocent misunderstood old darl who is being bullied by a tyrannical fox!

I have been telling every person and their cat about how Foxy told me to vote Steve (and not the other way around) and to people like Max I am saying that I suppoooose I'll go along with Foxy's plan.
Steve was clearly a bit frustrated that Foxy won't consider voting out Buckley (based on what others told me) so when Steve tells me to vote Buckley I'm all like "well Foxy doesn't seem into it"

Meanwhile, myself, Peter and Margot (and to some extent Royal) are all there comparing notes, with Foxy saying things like "we can't vote Buckley because there's opposition to it" (meaning Foxy is opposed) and Foxy telling Peter that they have a certain majority on me without actually being able to name the people in this majority. Hah!

And through all this, I've been pretty confident that Buckley wouldn't vote for me, but I also don't want to make him vote Foxy. In fact, I don't care if he even tells Foxy that the vote's on Steve (and I said as much to Buckley), as Foxy has much more reason to be mad at well.... everyone else, than at me.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2021, 03:36:34 am »
IS BOOTING STEVE GOOD TO MD'S GAME AND WHY?

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2021, 06:24:53 am »
Asking the tricky questions eh?

I would say that booting Steve is good because it's not me.

It would be voting off someone who is more connected to others (e.g. Foxy, Max) than they are to me, and weakens my adversaries (Foxy, Max).
There's also the potential for Royal to realise how much Steve was defending him and so limiting that as a potential connection for Royal outside of me makes sense.

It's not just the vote itself that matters, but also how going with the Steve vote helps build my relationships with the other people making that vote.
I think it remains unlikely that Foxy/Max will end up voting Steve (unless warned to do so by Buckley), but even if they don't, there is advantage in me having merely done what they told me to, rather than having pulled off a sneaky move. To me, it feels like I am pulling off a sneaky move, that I am explicitly working against Foxy and Max, and they may see it that way too, to some degree, but it has enabled me to be honest with them about where I am voting, and puts more heat on anyone who lied to them.

Everyone knows that Steve was wanting Buckley out, so me showing to Buckley a preparedness to make Steve the target hopefully demonstrates to Buckley that I am thinking of him too in the decisions that I am making.
Similarly, Royal appeared more comfortable with voting Steve than voting Max and I think I need to, again, show a willingness to respect people's opinions and allow them to feel autonomy.

It's this sort of approach that is going to make me a more appealing person to work with than someone like Foxy, who has been attracting all sorts of negative attention for how they have gone about trying to get what they want.

At least that's the plan.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2021, 06:25:58 am »
Also I strongly suspect that the main reason Foxy sees myself and Royal as a duo is because we're both old.

(This has nothing to do with Snoopy's question)

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2021, 06:46:54 am »
Me if this works out:

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2021, 06:47:35 am »
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-U7buAmPN9qs/Ua0ytO-7z8I/AAAAAAAAAaY/yfhn7b2KJjI/s1600/Me+Dancing.gif%20alt=[img

(In case I need the link for PMs when I'm on my phone)

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2021, 08:54:36 am »
From Foxy:

“ I don't know who voted for you at all with this TC.
I have no idea what happened with it at all.
What're you thinking of this twist though?”

Classic