Author Topic: Episode One  (Read 212 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Episode One
« on: September 05, 2021, 07:56:19 am »
In Episode 1, two tribes of ten hit the beach and began casting their own Wes Anderson movies… and playing a game to determine who would be the winner of the title of Sole Survivor.  Camp Ivanhoe, producing a Luke Wilson-led vehicle, looked to get the jump on Rushmore Academy, whose project stars brother Owen Wilson.

Fast out the gates on Camp Ivanhoe was Foxy Fox, starting a charm offensive so aggressive it triggered a forum spam protection setting.

After admins removed the spam protection, there was nothing to stop Foxy Fox from making strong connections across the tribe.  Before long, the Chair Alliance would begin forming…

Steve Zissou: There is an alliance of 4 (Foxy, Margot, Myself and Max) that I'm in.  Fox wants to bring Buckley into the group too, and like my plan is to just say "Yes" to everything Foxy wants to do.  There is not point in trying to fight the current.  Like a 5 person alliance isn't the worst idea, because all we have to do is bring in one other person and we are good. ...  I would probably just go with whatever Foxy wanted.

Meanwhile, over at Rushmore Academy…

Back at Camp Ivanhoe, Fox tipped Buckley off about the Chair alliance, although Buckley did not officially join.  It looked like it could be Francis Whitman going home until he bowed out of the game, being replaced by Royal Tenenbaum the night of the first challenge began.

At Rushmore Academy, one frequent subject of conversation was new player Kylie.

M. Gustave: poor kylie didn't know where to find the member list, and so really struggled to message people. i just feel bad for her now, and i've offered to give her some tips. maybe one day she'll surpass her mentor and become a full-fledged mediocre player.

Oracle:: Kylie-Oh my god Kylie is precious. She's so out of her element here and I adore her for it. Honestly, I can see her being an early boot but through no fault of her own, she's literally just in a terrible environment to thrive. She apparently hasn't played a survivor game in this format before and it shows. Honestly if I can find a way to bump her up on the social ladder, she might be a fun person to take farther simply because she's going to be so terrible socially with people.

In the first challenge, players were asked to decide between bidding on items for themselves in complete secrecy, or contributing to a tribal immunity pot.  Replacement player Royal swept the run of prizes for Rushmore Academy, just outbidding tribemate Peter Whitman, but dooming the whole tribe to Tribal Council in the process.  And early indications were, Royal himself would end up paying the price.

Back at Ivanhoe, Richie Tenenbaum found himself the owner of the Team Zissou two ring set.  A new advantage, if a second player would agree to wear the other ring, the two would be unable to vote for one another up through and including the final five.

Richie Tenenbaum:
To reveal and offer the Zissou ring to Young Writer or not to reveal it... that is the question
If I do it now the play is Young Writer
They're one of two people I believe would accept the ring without hesitation instead of rejecting it
Getting rejected would be BAD bad right now
I trust Suzy to be a more loyal long term ally without a game mechanic forcing her to be
And YW and I are already in two group chats together with the potential to get involved in more

Richie made the offer to Young Writer, and his prediction proved correct, with the Writer accepting the rings on the spot, bonding the two into a strong pair.

At Rushmore Academy, inertia seemed to be tending toward a Royal Tenenbaum boot until Chair member Margot Tenenbaum flexed her muscles.

Margot Tenenbaum:
Fox is the loudspeaker basically making sure whoever he decided is the vote will be the vote by going around and campaigning it for it.

Fortunately, he's also influenced by what Max/Steve/I say.

Fox was initially leaning towards booting Royal simply for activity reasons. Personally, I think Royal could be useful in the future, and Madame feels the same way. I think there's a small portion of the tribe rat/klaus/Buckley that aren't really aligned with me. Or at least, a lot of people like them but they aren't really talking to me all that much? And that makes me feel uneasy. As such, I'd like to start taking them out while i have the numbers.

So, this round I am pushing Rat over Royal. I made an argument to the four person alliance and now Fox is running away with it and thinks we can get a majority.

But that wasn't all Margot was up to. 

Margot Tenenbaum:
I have specifically reached out to Peter and Madame D. to coordinate our votes for this round. Both players have agreed to work with me. These are both people I like a lot and I feel that I've built a really solid connection with very quickly. They are also level headed people who I believe would be good to work with long term this game.

As Tribal Council neared, the Rat looked cornered. Would his ship get sunk?

Read the Tribal Council thread to find out!

Spoiler
Rat voted out 9-1 (one vote Royal).
[close]
« Last Edit: September 25, 2021, 12:37:07 am by Wes Anderson »