Author Topic: Episode 1: I might actually be getting the hang of this  (Read 296 times)

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Episode 1: I might actually be getting the hang of this
« on: September 03, 2021, 11:00:40 am »
Decided I'm gonna do the episode format so went I continuously spam my confessional with random thoughts it'll maybe be somewhat organized.

Continuing with that question
Given that your tribe is Camp Ivanhoe, are players looking to you and Suzy as natural leaders?
I've been introducing myself as from camp Ivanhoe but I don't think that affected anyone's view of me. Our tribe is too big to pinpoint a leader prior to tribal council. I also don't think anyone capable of it really wants the leader role this early in the game.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 1: I might actually be getting the hang of this
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:07:49 am »
It's probably a bit early to be naming long-term threats but Oracle, Duke, and M. Gustave are the people on my mind for that. Oracle will likely just be very strong socially throughout this phase any swaps and the merge, and the other two are likely to fly under people's radars while still never in a position where people are planning to vote them.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:10:46 am »
Also talking to people like "do you have any strategies for the challenge" "that challenge plan sounds alright" "yeah I don't think I'm gonna spend anything" while having already marked I'm spending all 500 is incredibly funny to me.

Jane Winslett-Richardson

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 12:08:45 pm »
Congratulations on completing the first 24 hours of Survivor: A Wes Anderson Production! In recognition of this momentous milestone, I have come to provide stimulation in the form of SPECTATOR ENGAGEMENT. As a note, please do be informed that these questions are being posted to every confessional in identical form. These are not individualized at all - please do not read any intent to guide or influence you, as this would most certainly breach some form of journalistic integrity that I surely hold dear as... I think my character is a journalist? Okay, I'm doing the thing where I type out all my thoughts and I've lost the plot. HERE COME THE QUESTIONS--------

1. With nothing to do but network with your tribe, you will hopefully have learned something about those who you will live with, fight alongside, and ultimately cut loose. What is the most interesting, funniest, or just plain weird thing that you now know about one of your tribemates?

2. Your first challenge has brought with it an interesting conundrum in the form of competing goals to vie for. What do you most hope to achieve when the Flea Market closes? What do you believe your tribemates will reach for?

3. As a hypothetical, consider the following:
"Someone is targeting you to be the next vote-out should your tribe to go Tribal Council. Who is it? Why do they want you gone? Who will you rely on to stay in the game? How worried are you that such a situation might arise?"

Thank you dear, and do remember to have fun!

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 09:58:49 pm »
CONFESSIONAL PROMPT 2: Is there an obvious target in your tribe? If so, who? If not, will that impact how you play this challenge?
It's looking like Kylie is gonna be the one that goes first since Anthony really wants that for some reason and M. Gustave likes Mr. Glume quite a bit. I was spending my 500 once I knew the target for our first 2-3 boots wouldn't be me so yeah.

Jane's Questions:
1. From Richie, basically that the movie his character from changed his life after he was in a very dark time.

2. I hope to achieve advantages. I kinda think over half the tribe is serious about spending either 0 or just 100 so we definitely could win it in spite of me.

3. I really don't think anyone's targeting me for the first boot? I guess I'd say Kylie maybe, but I feel confident they have worse relations than mine. I would rely on Gustave and Anthony at current. Unless something major changes, I don't see such a situation arising until the swap or if this tribe has to attend a fourth tribal council. Maybe I'm being overconfident.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 08:19:37 am »
I'm still struggling to wrap my head around that I can say literally whatever I want to people about 'myself' so long as it is
1. reasonable
2. consistent with what I have told other players
3. something I can answer follow-up questions on

Like the only incentive to tell the truth about myself is that it's *usually* gonna be easier to talk about.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 10:16:26 am »
WHO IS SAM'S FAVORITE? AND WHO IS SAM'S LEAST FAVORITE? ALSO WHO WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE BOOT HAD SAM'S TRIBE GONE TO TRIBAL?

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2021, 10:46:50 am »
Favorite: Anthony, but I haven't told Anthony that and instead told Gustave that Gustave was.
Least Favorite: Either Kylie or Herman, they keep passing each other in the positive direction.
Boot: Would have been Kylie for sure. Anthony definitely wanted them out, Suzy and Gustave on board for sure, I suspect most others would be as well but never talked about it.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2021, 10:51:07 am »
I might be doing my math wrong but I appear to be missing $3 and like I'm trying to figure out how that happens:

5000-3944 (aquarium) =1056
1056-487 (me) =569
569-7-10-13-15-21=503
(Oracle) (suzy) (writer) (richie) (herman)

Nonspenders being Gustave, Anthony, Duke, Kylie.

One mole somewhere.
Likely a min bidder decided to bid 3 over for some reason I guess.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2021, 11:36:25 am »
Writer instead spending 117 means somebody spent 391 to win the rings and the notebook.

Am trying to decide if 16 or 14 is the swap, and what the other could be.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2021, 08:35:13 pm »
I've decided that a final 16 swap makes more sense than a final 14, still unsure what the final 14 event could be.

CONFESSIONAL PROMPT 3: Do these challenge results impact your strategy moving forward? Are you beginning to trust some of your fellow players more or less than others?

Knowing exactly when the merge is, there's an increased chance I try to pull a move on Oracle or whom I perceive to be the other tribes highest activity player at final 13. I'm also very intrigued for the next challenge with the clue I received. I've been trusting some people more than others since basically the start of the game but currently it looks like:

Trust alot: Gustave, Anthony

Kinda Trust but we haven't talked game-stuff yet: Richie, Duke

Kinda Trust but they're annoying to talk to: Oracle, Suzy

Don't Really Trust come Swap: Kylie, Young Writer, Mr. Glume

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 04:18:16 am »
I'm now back to thinking it's swap at 14 and something else at 16.

I'm rather bluntly angling at a {Richie, me, Gustave} alliance with Richie, and a {Duke, me, Suzy, Oracle} alliance with Duke.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 07:41:44 am »
SNOOPY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY SPECIFIC REASON FOR THOSE GROUPINGS.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2021, 08:35:06 am »
I was talking with each of Richie and Duke about alliances because I hadn't talked much game with them previously for the amount I liked talking to them.

For Richie, Gustave had mentioned to me previously liking Richie and was the only person to mention it without me first mentioning liking Richie.

For Duke, I didn't want overlap in the groups and the only person I had already mentioned liking Duke to was Suzy. Oracle was added because I'm under the impression Suzy either likes or trusts him quite a bit and I probably need a grouping with Oracle in it because of his activity level.

That being said, neither Richie nor Duke has responded to my message about it yet.