Author Topic: Challenge 1 Discussion  (Read 829 times)

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Challenge 1 Discussion
« on: September 03, 2021, 08:42:18 am »
Ok, we're allowed to discuss this, and I feel like we probably should? Maybe not like, who's buying what specifically, but like, how much do you think the other tribe is gonna throw to the aquarium and stuff?

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Challenge 1 Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 08:43:58 am »
I possibly see something major where we agree to let someone buy an item if we really wanted to, and have everyone submit bare minimum, *except* the person we agree upon getting that item, who bids one extra dollar? I'm mostly just like, spitballing ideas though.

Max Fischer

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 09:12:20 am »
I don't think we need to be having everybody submitting the minimum, they can just funnel the money towards immunity. We should definitely agree on people to go for the specific items though.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 09:55:19 am »
This immunity seems to completely be 'which tribe wants it more'. If we can coordinate to spend as little as possible while also agreeing on a way for the items to be distributed somewhat fairly, then we sort of get the best of both worlds.

I'll make an early punt and say that the binoculars look snazzy to me - right now I think I want to put a small bid towards them and then put most of my money into immunity. If that's alright?

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2021, 09:56:18 am »
Also, just letting you all know that today's been a pretty busy day for me - I know it has taken a while to get back to messages today, sorry about that.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2021, 10:06:42 am »
Hey everyone! I'm a bit busy tonight as well so apologies if I'm holding your message hostage after I get some responses out. As for the challenge, I'm interested in going for the schematics. I'd be willing to bet low and snag it with the agreement that I'd share what's inside with others! I think immunity is more important at this stage so the fact that we're only competing against each other makes me want to invest more into trust than myself if that makes sense.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2021, 10:29:14 am »
I like the idea of designating players to go for certain items to minimize doubling up and wasting our moolah. I don't really have any strong thoughts beyond that.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2021, 10:35:24 am »
Yea, because like, this is a rather easy challenge to win immunity for if we play it right. The most optimal strategy would be to take nothing and guarantee we at least draw, but that genuinely seems boring. We're being given like five items here, we might as well try to get *one* of them.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2021, 10:41:50 am »
We have access to all of them right? Like each tribe has their own market. So we're not bidding against the other tribe. Just each other. If we just agree to let one person grab the item at the lowest price, we'd win easily unless they go for the get nothing strategy.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2021, 12:46:56 pm »
If nobody has any objections I want the rings as well. Rings are $21, so I’m gonna submit $22 for it. Everything else I’m submitting minimum

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2021, 12:48:45 pm »
If nobody has any objections I want the rings as well. Rings are $21, so I’m gonna submit $22 for it. Everything else I’m submitting minimum

You should just go for the $21! Save the extra buck for immunity.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2021, 12:57:17 pm »

Nah, then nobody gets it, since the rings cost $21. To guarantee I get it, everyone else has to submit 21, while I submit 22.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2021, 01:02:45 pm »
I did read this over from the Waiting Room, and if there's a specific item y'all would like me to put things for, I'll do that. But I'm more than happy to contribute the vast majority if not all of my funds for immunity, but also to give myself personally that extra day of talking I missed along with immunity ;)

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2021, 01:37:18 pm »

Nah, then nobody gets it, since the rings cost $21. To guarantee I get it, everyone else has to submit 21, while I submit 22.

We can all bid $0 for it, while you go $21. You'd get it unless someone snipes you, but with discussion, that (hopefully) shouldn't happen.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2021, 01:45:38 pm »

We can all bid $0 for it, while you go $21. You'd get it unless someone snipes you, but with discussion, that (hopefully) shouldn't happen.

Can we? I got from the rules that you *must* submit the minimum even if you don't want it. I can ask in the thread. I'm also DMing Bippy about it on discord rq.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2021, 01:46:03 pm »
OK, SO, ACCORDING TO BIPPY ON DISCORD - YOU'RE RIGHT PETER, AND I JUST SUCK AT READING

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2021, 01:47:23 pm »
OK, SO, ACCORDING TO BIPPY ON DISCORD - YOU'RE RIGHT PETER, AND I JUST SUCK AT READING

same here, love u bippy thanks for answering both of us hahah. But the wording does say "you must spend the min." so your interpretation wasn't incorrect! it's good to clarify :)

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2021, 01:49:11 pm »

same here, love u bippy thanks for answering both of us hahah. But the wording does say "you must spend the min." so your interpretation wasn't incorrect! it's good to clarify :)

Yea, that's why I was thinking we had to bid $21 no matter what and stuff. Glad it got clarified. I'm also heading to bed, I'll reply to y'all in the morning. Love y'all <3

Rat

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2021, 02:13:45 pm »
i'd be personally interested in getting a hand on the dog flu serum

also @mod what happens if both tribes save the same ammount of money?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2021, 02:17:43 pm »
Given that there’s $5000 per tribe in play we don’t foresee that happening, but if it did we will randomize the outcome.

Rat

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2021, 02:20:32 pm »
alright fair

also since we got 2 rings maybe 2 peoples can agree on splitting those between them?

Max Fischer

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2021, 04:29:36 pm »
Maybe I'll offer to go for the schematics? All goodies I encounter will be shared with the tribe of course, I'd just like to get this done in an orderly manner.

Madame D.

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2021, 07:11:40 pm »
I have more than enough secret goodies that have somehow accumulated in my hair over the years and could not possibly fit any more, so I will go all in on the Aquarium. Besides, I am quite fond of little fishies.

Just keep swimming! Just keep swimming!

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2021, 10:27:46 pm »
I wouldn't mind spending the $21 on the really special Team Zissou rings!

Rat

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2021, 11:21:03 pm »
claims recap will keep this updated

Dog flu serum - Asking price $7 - rat
Binoculars - Asking price $10 - Buckley
Schematics - Asking price $13 - Max / peter
Swiss army knife - Asking price $15 -
Heist planning notebook - Asking price $20 -