Author Topic: Uh... woof?  (Read 962 times)

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Uh... woof?
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2021, 07:30:28 pm »
Oh god there's a stock market? I'm doing you all a massive disservice by not posting much in my confessional. I'll get right on fixing that <3 among other personal problems lately, I really struggle to know what to post in my confessional that will be interesting to people. I have lots of thoughts but sometimes I feel like they're not that interesting or tmi or whatever. And they usually probably aren't! I should think about it less and post what's on my mind more.

I've been stuck playing this game on my phone from the start, until JUST NOW. Buffley is very excited about being able to do things like spend less than 20 minutes writing each PM, and see people's avatars! This is going to massively improve my performance.

This vote seems pretty straightforward so I'm just gonna spend an hour or so spamming my confessional with content so I can show you all that I am, in fact, playing this game!

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2021, 08:29:19 pm »
So right, here's how I see this tribe.

There's this Chair Alliance, with Foxy, Margot, Steve and Max. Regardless of how tight it is in the short- or long-term, I imagine most major decisions right now in this tribe are filtered and finalised through that nexus. It's the 'status quo' alliance running this tribe, and Foxy has placed himself in the 'leader' spot in it.

What am I doing with this information? I'm not overtly allying myself with that group (besides Foxy), but I'm trying to make myself appealing to all of them, enough that they all see potential for our relationship to grow. Margot and I are having good chats about how we have a lot of the same feelings about people (Foxy is strong now but probably won't make it late in the game, Madame D is great and underrated, Steve is good fun). Steve has just sent me a massive wall about wrestling - I think he's enjoying our conversation! It's a lot more off-topic than the one with Margot though. And Max... well, it's going alright I guess? Not amazing, but not incapable of going anywhere.

Madame D has Margot as a connection to the group. Everyone else is some degree of 'outside'. I think Peter likely made close friends before he got hurt and had to step away. Royal has made strong first impressions and probably has an alliance with Margot?

Klaus is getting voted out this round. He seemed to be close enough to Foxy, but with that alone he doesn't have the support to stick around. That makes me sad, because I feel like I have something that could turn really good there. But there isn't a *good* vote here.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2021, 08:52:29 pm »
Future of the tribe?

So Klaus is out this round. That leaves:
Chair Alliance - Foxy, Margot, Steve, Max
Binkley and Madame D
Peter, Royal

With that group... I've got Foxy and Madame D on-side. I don't think Margot or Steve want me gone just yet. I should be safe. I don't actually know who between Peter and Royal would go. Maybe Peter?
I don't want our tribe to continue going to TCs after that really, but if we do, then I plan to stick by Foxy for this tribe. If a move is made that's outside of Foxy's interests, then I suspect the shot will be at Foxy themself, not at me. So my focus moving forward is going to be keeping Foxy tightly by my side.

In general that's my plan, really - I want to be Foxy's ally when they inevitably draw too much attention and get taken out. :P Ideally that would happen around early merge. I want to be towards the bottom of the totem pole and fight to work my way up. That's going to be my story this game. Plus, Foxy is fun, and I want to see how far they can get in their first game!

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2021, 08:43:46 am »
Oh god there's a stock market? I'm doing you all a massive disservice by not posting much in my confessional. I'll get right on fixing that <3 among other personal problems lately, I really struggle to know what to post in my confessional that will be interesting to people. I have lots of thoughts but sometimes I feel like they're not that interesting or tmi or whatever. And they usually probably aren't! I should think about it less and post what's on my mind more.

I've been stuck playing this game on my phone from the start, until JUST NOW. Buffley is very excited about being able to do things like spend less than 20 minutes writing each PM, and see people's avatars! This is going to massively improve my performance.

This vote seems pretty straightforward so I'm just gonna spend an hour or so spamming my confessional with content so I can show you all that I am, in fact, playing this game!

WHEN IN DOUBT, POST THEM ALL!

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2021, 08:48:15 pm »
That feel when you fall asleep while telling your kid a story and then he wakes you up in the morning by prodding you in the side

and then, still half-asleep, you casually check Survivor and see 'My Messages (7)'

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2021, 08:58:40 pm »
I don't think Margot or Steve want me gone just yet.
Well, I was right about one of them!

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 12:29:51 am »
So the challenge ended, and Steve immediately started pushing to his allies that he wanted me gone. Foxy didn't like this and pushed Madame as a counter vote. Foxy is telling me that he got his alliance on board to vote for Madame, and all I have to do is go along with it. I'm supposed to say that I've heard Steve's name, because he's the 'decoy vote'.

Obviously Madame and I don't want to vote each other. And I do love what I have with Foxy, but I also like being consulted about basic decisions. (I know my activity hasn't facilitated that discussion, but still, Foxy knows I like Madame and decided she was the vote with zero input from me and without really asking - I was told what the plan was and I am supposed to just be a good dog and follow. Nahhhh.)

Luckily, I seem to be liked by... uh, basically everyone but Steve and Max? Margot is fed up with the Chair Alliance it seems, and has reached out to me to say that she doesn't want to vote me or Madame. Royal is saying he currently wants to vote Steve. Peter also reached out to say he specifically wanted to work with me this time around.

The plan is to get Madame/Margot/Royal/Peter and myself to all vote for Steve. I don't think Foxy will be willing to join us, so I'm going to have to do some damage control after the fact... but I'm just going to hope that I can play that off well with them when it happens.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2021, 02:19:43 am »
Here's my own personal Rushmore stock market evaluation for the specs' viewing pleasure. Disclaimer, I'm blatantly overvaluing myself because I'm the best.

$22 Buckley
$19 Margot
$19 Madame D
$14 Royal
$13 Peter
$9 Max
$3 Foxy
$1 Steve

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2021, 08:23:41 am »
I have started an alliance between Madame, Margot and myself. We all rather like each other and it just makes sense. Even if we swap immediately, I think this alliance will help all of us reconnect later.

They both accepted. I found this from Margot interesting:
Also re: the alliance with Madame and you

I have liked you both a lot and would be on board with that!

I feel a little more comfortable with you than Madame overall, and while I would like to save her this round she seems fairly popular among like Royal (and maybe Peter?) and i don't honestly know if she'll be 100% gung ho about working with me that closely, but let me know what she says!
This feels genuine to me, and I also didn't expect her to feel more comfy with me than Madame. It's also really similar to something Madame said to me, thinking that Margot was probably the best-positioned player on our tribe. In reality, I think they're *both* playing this super well and are just hyper-aware of who the other potential power players are. Which means they've probably caught on by now that I'm a sleeper OP threat B-)

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2021, 08:27:27 am »
Also, Berkley will be a good boy for Royal, Royal has hit a sweet spot talking to me about philosophy :D
I think Royal is really intriguing! Everyone likes him. But no one feels super close to him (as far as I know). He seems content to play this passive to me. So basically he's playing how I *said* I'd play the early game, except he's actually doing it. But I don't know if he's waiting for the right time to become a power player, or if he just has a passive way of playing.

Either way, he's on my radar now!

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2021, 06:17:43 am »
Haaaaappy annocericut bucket! :D

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2021, 07:35:29 am »
T-thanks, you too.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2021, 02:27:20 am »
I... am in the best position on the tribe?

Woof.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2021, 02:31:12 am »
I think my strategy of 'build strong personal alliances gradually over time peaking at mid merge' has worked really well but peaked too early.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2021, 02:50:39 am »
I think Max is just going to quietly die this round and that's cool. Foxy doesn't like it, but I think they're trying to lay back and regain goodwill. They are really well liked by me and Margot, but they are very much a loose cannon. But part of me likes that :D
There's an off chance that they decide to make a power play on Madame with Max and their immunity item this round. And I think that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world for me, so I think my plan is to NOT play around it and see what they do. I want Foxy to make it to merge.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2021, 03:02:48 am »
'Just as a note on your immunity - I do understand if you choose to use it on yourself this round. But I'm pretty certain that you don't need to. Do what you want with it, but my genuine advice to you would be to save it for next round. Next round looks pretty dicey if we go to TC again in this tribe, and it would be better for you to have that insurance then than now. But it's your choice, and I don't think anyone will begrudge you for using it how you want, especially after last round.'

What I've just sent to Foxy. They are prooobably screwed if they use it now and we go to TC again, and I don't want that really.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2021, 06:58:37 am »
...damn. Foxy has agreed to not use immunity. But Royal has just messaged everyone but Foxy and Max, and has said he wants to split 3-2 onto Foxy. I tried to be like 'but the auction items make this risky!' but everyone wants to go with this plan anyway. That's... a problem.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2021, 07:28:20 am »
I've told Foxy that things have changed and they should play immunity. Why am I helping Foxy like this? I guess it just feels like the move I'll be happiest with. I'm rooting for them to make merge rather strongly. :P
I don't think it's *bad* for me or anything and if I did I'd probably avoid doing it. But I'm pretty sure I'm entirely helping Foxy because I want them to do well.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2021, 06:31:25 am »
There is a lot I love about this community, and that's a lot of what keeps me coming back. I think I can get most of what I'm looking for from these games in a healthier way being a spectator/mod from now on though. I've played my fair share of these, and it's time to quit for good now that my life has gotten too busy to sustain these healthily.

Does that mean I'm going to give up on this one? Ruff no! Buckley is backley, baby!

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2021, 06:32:30 am »
So this tribe is all sorts of interesting and confusing and a bit sad too?

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2021, 06:35:12 am »
I really like Duke. Like, really really like Duke. This guy is endgame buddy material if our conversation keeps running smoothly. He's the perfect mix of fun nonsense and beep-boop gamebot. I want to get more active in this game so that I can be friends with Duke.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2021, 06:37:26 am »
Foxy is sadly going this round. It's been fun, but friend, you are playing far too transparently manipulative to keep around while still having any decent shot at survival. I've been dreaming of the world where we gloriously make it to the end together but I just can't see it happening clearly enough to stick my neck out again. I'm sorry.

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2021, 06:41:14 am »
Uhhh it's sounding like I might be getting an alliance with Royal and Richie? Richie has proposed that the three of us work together to guarantee safety on this tribe.

I swear I have no clue why anyone likes me. I send about 1-2 PMs to everyone a day on average and they're not always good. But it feels like people are tripping over themselves to try to help me out. Is Blingley charming people harder than I think I am? Am I everyone in the game's preferred secret Final 2 goat?? Am I just a good dog who makes for a great Man's Best Friend???

Not that I'm complaining. Woof!

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2021, 06:47:08 am »
So Richie asked if I leaked the split vote last round to Foxy, and also asked me to definitely make sure I DIDN'T leak this vote to Foxy just to make sure I didn't disrupt a perfectly calm Foxy blindside. And then a bit later, he said something like 'well, looks like not telling Foxy is out the window.'

meanwhile I was getting back from putting my kid to bed and I see this and am just like ??????

I use the POWER OF TRUTH to explain that, no, I didn't actually tell Foxy that they were getting voted here! Someone else must have done it.
I used my clever investigative powers to find that Foxy said someone told them they were getting voted as the 'least controversial vote'. Meanwhile, Peter messaged me earlier to say they were pushing Foxy as the 'least controversial option'. Cheeky Peter decided to tell Foxy he was in the hot seat.

I was very proud of my investigative skills, but then Richie just asked Foxy who told them and they responded Peter immediately. >_>