Author Topic: {Welcome! Check here!}  (Read 2308 times)

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Welcome! Check here!}
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2021, 04:25:33 am »
the challenge was... annoying. i actually liked the game itself, but it was brought down by glitchiness. when the ball has to be returned in a corner, it's a crapshoot as to whether it will work properly or just decide you lost. and even if it does work, occasionally the ball gets stuck bouncing flat from side to side, never going up or down, forcing a restart. it's the only challenge this game that i've really felt frustrated with; a shame for the final challenge to be that way, but 14 out of 15 challenges not being frustrating is excellent!

overall i think the challenge design this game was great. the flea market being the first challenge was a great way to get intrigue and suspicion going even for the tribe that won. the shooting challenge i still think was a little weird, because it mainly tests for reliable internet over any skill or amount of persistence, but it's very far from being a black mark imo.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2021, 08:49:23 am »
congratulations to richie on winning the final challenge and with it, probably the game! he played great throughout and will deserve his votes. i'm happy to have made it this far with my great friend oracle, and i'll take what i learned this game and use it in the future. don't think i'm throwing in the towel - i'll put full effort into my ftc speech and whatever votes i get i'll be celebrating.

oracle and i are both voting madame, and i think richie has zero reason to keep her around, so we're probably locked in.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 06, 2021, 03:38:06 am »
Is there much conversation in the PMs about where this vote should go?

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 06, 2021, 05:33:19 am »
not a ton, really. at least not that i've heard. possible that madame is trying to peel a vote onto me or oracle to force firemaking, and by possible i mean likely.

i think oracle and i both feel that richie is overwhelmingly likely to win based on pre-ftc stuff; fmpov at least madame is still hard to beat but not as bad as richie, while oracle is someone i'm at least on par with, so madame is the only thing making sense. maybe oracle feels like madame being around will split votes a bit but eh... not sure if he's really feeling that. and keeping madame would almost certainly be dumb for richie because of how many ex-rushmore friends are on the jury.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 06, 2021, 07:29:17 am »
so i'm natalie white, edna, and fabio. nice people who were loyal, perhaps to a fault; two had surprise wins and the other was cut by their supposed alliance. probably about right tbh.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 06, 2021, 09:30:17 am »
"Confessional Prompt 33: Are you ready for what comes next?"

uh... not feeling too ready tbh. i'll do my best though.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 06, 2021, 04:28:46 pm »
I think I felt more and more confident the more of my speech I wrote up. There's some actual belief that I could pull off a win here now, but I won't be getting ahead of myself by any means. I think it's kind of nice to not have the other finalists' speeches to worry about, being sequestered like this makes it more about 'me' than 'me vs them.'

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 07, 2021, 10:14:31 am »
Early days but FTC seems to be going alright so far. I think that F6-F5 pair of votes could prove to be the deciding factor on who gets more credit from the jury; I have to do what I can to keep them from seeing it as "Richie brought me to the end" which really isn't the case but could well be the line he's pushing in his subforum.

Also Mods: shortening the closing speech deadline to 24 hours is good with me.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 07, 2021, 04:10:06 pm »
Ah... Writer is very not happy. I shouldn't be surprised, and this is all the more reason to kick my habit of lying to avoid confrontations. His was the only one I've really felt uncomfortable to read so far, and I gave an honest answer. I'd be shocked if I got his vote, if I were him I wouldn't vote for me either. Like hell am I going to defend the way I treated him, I don't care if it might increase my odds of winning, I don't like being a shithead.

Other questions have been alright so far. Peter doing his vote by randomizer is... interesting, but kind of makes sense for someone who was knocked out at the very beginning of merge. Nice that I at least have a chance at his vote, too.

Jurors and their leanings imo:
Peter: literally random
Writer: not me
Buckley: ?
Herman: me or Oracle
Duke: me or Oracle
Royal: probably Richie based on his public post
Margot: ?
Suzy: hopefully me, but possibly anyone
Madame: ?

Really up in the air. No idea how things will end up, still plenty of questioning to go. Hope that the spectator(s) are entertained, or at least still following this game - September was a hard month it seems.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2021, 03:59:19 am »
Still feeling like I have a reasonable chance, but it's a real three-horse race from what I can tell.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2021, 04:02:39 am »
Still feeling like I have a reasonable chance, but it's a real three-horse race from what I can tell.
three horseman race

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 08, 2021, 10:18:35 am »
lol, yes

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2021, 03:18:38 am »
Little less positive feedback today, but still not a no-hoper. Wherever I finish I've learned a lot for next time and I've had fun, so mission accomplished.

Is there a feedback form for this game, by the way?

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2021, 03:49:06 am »
Little less positive feedback today, but still not a no-hoper. Wherever I finish I've learned a lot for next time and I've had fun, so mission accomplished.

Is there a feedback form for this game, by the way?
Not at this time but that's a good idea that could be useful!

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2021, 08:16:33 am »
Of the challenges that I did, I would say I enjoyed all of them bar the shooting challenge and the final paddle one. Even those two I wouldn't say I disliked too strongly; the shooting one my complaint is that it really tested how reliable your tribe's internet is, which isn't something that I think needs to be a thing. And the paddle challenge was almost fun, but the glitchiness frustrated me to no end. That said, 2 'meh' challenges out of what, 15 is a pretty great ratio, and the mod team deserves props for that.

The flea market was a great thing to start the game with, so that there was some intrigue even for the winning side. I also liked that, for a few challenges, you included something of a trick to them in the descriptions - the skiing one had the fast-forward thing, and the simon challenge made me laugh when I saw the scores and realized what 'anything but a bot' really meant. The jaguar shark hunt and the Eli Cash challenge were memorable, as well.

Structure wise, nothing felt like it was BS or unreasonable. There wasn't an abundance of items but it wasn't totally vanilla either, so it meets the expectations of the category. The rings didn't appear to make a huge impact fmpov this time, but from an insider perspective it probably actually did a lot to shape the factions if that makes sense. Kidnap twist was actually pretty cool, as was leaving a swap so late.

tl;dr is good job mods, would play again.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2021, 08:26:44 am »
Hi gustave, if you would like to reply to the jurors directly in their threads we will allow you to do so

If you would RATHER include the answers in your closing that’s okay too

We will still be opening visibility of all the subforums at 7:30 but you can reply after...

edit: Since I see you've logged off I switched your forum to read only.  Let me know if you would like replies turned back on
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 08:43:53 am by Wes Anderson »

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2021, 08:37:33 am »
also thank you for your thoughts!  in response to your inquiry i've developed a feedback form that we'll unleash on Sunday :3

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 09, 2021, 03:52:01 pm »
I'm good with answering them in my closing speech, no problem.