Author Topic: {Royal Tenenbaum}  (Read 252 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Royal Tenenbaum}
« on: October 05, 2021, 04:03:57 am »

Jury questions from Royal Tenenbaum will go here.

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Royal Tenenbaum}
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2021, 09:20:23 pm »
Richie,

Why are Gustave and Oracle the winning pair of people for you to sit next to? Did you have a preferred F3, say from Final Ten on? Why didn't that happen, if so?

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2021, 12:08:51 am »
Royal!  Good to see you!

Up to the final ten my preferred F3 was with Suzy and Young Writer.  After ten, Madame D. took over the spot that Young Writer occupied thanks to your gift of the Team Zissou Rings we wore together.  It didn't happen because from the resolution of the final six vote onward I judged it to have become an unwinnable scenario for me.  Gustave and Oracle are a pair of players I liked my odds of winning against for a few reasons.  My being in the FTC at all defeats their strategic goal to take me out for three quarters or more of the merge.  I got the better of them.  Gustave and Oracle worked together most of the way and worked with the same people, so they both compete for votes that I am less likely to win and could end up splitting some votes, giving me a strategic advantage to achieve the number of votes needed to win.  Finally they are both, and Oracle is in particular, unlikely to have become jury votes in my favor if they were eliminated.  So it is to my benefit to have them occupying the role of finalist instead of juror.

Your son,
Richie

Royal Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2021, 04:10:12 am »
Hey there! For full disclosure, I'm asking this to everyone, and I'd say my vote is still modestly up in the air, so I'd appreciate a thoughtful response to this question. I haven't yet had a chance to read all the other jurors' questions of everyone, so if you feel you've answered this set of questions elsewhere, feel free to direct me to where I should go.

I'd like you to tell me two things--first, of your other two finalists, which one should I definitively NOT vote for, and why? Second, between yourself and the finalist who remains, why did you definitively play a better game that would make me personally vote for you?

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 06:13:33 am »
You should not vote for Oracle, because Oracle did not give you the kind of respect as a player that is worthy of earning a jury vote.

I played a definitively better game than M. Gustave because I held his game in my hand at the final five by keeping the votes on him and then using that to guarantee my idol play would eliminate the person I needed out that round.

I believe that I did everything in my power to honor your intentions from our time together in the game.