Author Topic: Yo! (conversation with Madame D.)  (Read 524 times)

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Yo! (conversation with Madame D.)
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2021, 03:57:27 am »
Yeah, I think there might be some fear that Fox will inevitably make themself a target by campaigning for votes so hard, so they don't want to look like they're supporting them on the outside. That's my working theory at the moment at least

Yay! Good shooting out there, I'm looking forward to having a bit of a reprieve now

Yeah I feel the same about both of them, they are both a little on the less active side but what conversing I have done with them has been very pleasant

to be quite honest you are the one I am most interested in working with going forward but I think getting the group together will be beneficial especially if things get messy at the next TC

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 04:04:11 am »
Also, Buckley just told me he's enjoying talking to you

I thought you should know

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2021, 04:04:22 am »
Thank you very much for letting me know about Buckley. My messages from him are not that often but I do enjoy them when they arrive and I feel like there could potentially be something there.

And I definitely think that any immunities won at this point is a good thing. I feel pretty confident that we’ll be able to work something out if we are at another tc, but imo the later that happens, the better. In the meantime I’ll do my best to keep the good vibes going with Royal, Peter and Buckley too honestly and work on improving my relationships with Foxy, Max, Steve and Klaus.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2021, 04:08:14 am »
Of course! It seems like he's been absent but will be more present now, which is good because I think he's fairly widely liked and also specifically gets along with you.

Yeah, that's pretty much where I'm at too. Klaus is probably the one I'm having the most trouble with at the moment? Max is kinda distant too, but Klaus seems to be the most absent, which sucks because I felt I had a good start with him

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2021, 04:08:32 am »
When he's around, Klaus brings this low-key fun that I quite like, but out of everyone he does seem to be the least... present? And he's probably overall the least connected person? I do hope Peter appears again soon though!

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2021, 04:08:47 am »
Sorry for the double PM, but also Royal specifically mentioned liking you, so that's really cool!

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2021, 04:09:05 am »
Yeah, I mean there's no one that seems super hard to get along with. I only mention Klaus because my conversation with him has been so sporadic, but he's super easy to talk to when he does.

I think my conversation with Max has been more stilted but idk what to really do about that

Also, that's great! I've been liking Royal a lot too, I've been enjoying Buckley a lot too now that they've been able to be more active

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 20, 2021, 04:09:28 am »
Argh! I was hoping we could delay TC a little longer but life happens I guess.

Anything in particular you would like to aim for here?

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 20, 2021, 04:15:43 am »
It sounds like Klaus is the name starting to go around

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2021, 04:16:28 am »
Yeah that's what I'm hearing as well

Interestingly enough, Fox proposed you, Royal, and Klaus. Max said that of the three he'd prefer Klaus, so that's a good sign I think?

I don't know, I'm like okay with Klaus - even though I actually quite like him. this vote is kinda hard and I was hoping to not have to deal with it

we could force the vote elsewhere if we really tried I think, was there anywhere else you were hoping to push?

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2021, 04:16:54 am »
Thanks for letting me know re: Foxy. They were oddly very vague with me so far this tribal council.

I've had similar thoughts about Klaus. A consensus vote is fine and all, but does it actually work for us?

I guess the issue is that I'm not sure if Klaus is reliable/active enough to be kept around as a potential ally? I also worry that the only viable alternative option for a vote would be someone in your alliance with Foxy, Max and Steve and I wouldn't want to put you in an awkward position by blowing that up too early. If you have any ideas though, as always, I'm all ears.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:10 am »
Yeah, that's the problem with Klaus. I have briefly thought about just being like "yo you're the consensus vote, can you make a case as to why that shouldn't be the case?" because I think if you and I pulled some strings we *could* get like Foxy or Max or Steve out. I worry less about me being put into an awkward position from doing that than just whether or not that's beneficial for you and me.

Like, Max wanted Klaus over either you or Royal, which is at least to start with a good sign? It's true this would be the *easiest* round to get someone in that alliance out, but I feel we could also do it next round especially if we're confident we can win over Buckley.

idk, I also feel like Fox is someone who will eventually self destruct so I don't mind keeping them around

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:23 am »
Quick message to confirm that I'm putting my vote on Klaus.

I do agree that we should be able to make something happen in a future vote if we need to!

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:36 am »

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2021, 04:17:56 am »
I'm relieved the tribal result was as expected. I heard that Foxy was telling Peter they had thrown out Peter's name as well, and I'm just here thinking "gosh I didn't even know Foxy was throwing Peter's name around so why on earth did they tell Peter that???"

I feel that if we did need to go to another tribal here it may need to be someone in Foxy's alliance that goes (Royal being the decoy vote both times does not bode well), but I am thankful for the fact that Max seemed to prefer Klaus as a vote over myself or Royal.
I don't think that Buckley would vote Foxy but other than that I get the impression that Buckley would be down for a play (though this is not something I have explicitly discussed with him yet).

In any case, I am glad that Peter's getting an opportunity to shine in this challenge. He's doing awesome! <3

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2021, 04:18:16 am »
That is strange... I didn't hear that from Foxy at all. I had suspected someone might try throwing Peter's name out in opposition, simply because of his relative inactivity, but I hadn't actually heard any concrete information about that. I have to think that must be a miscommunication of some sort, because why on earth would Foxy do that?

I agree. I think next TC becomes the tipping point for whichever "faction" becomes dominant within the tribe. I'm confident we can pull the numbers if it comes to that, although I'm hoping we can avoid another TC.

Foxy has talked a lot about Buckley being the next person they want to recruit into their alliance, so we definitely have to be careful there. But I think Buckley has enough split loyalties that we can sway them towards our side if we're careful.

Me too! I was hoping to help with this challenge but uhm... I don't really understand what's happening. Go Peter!

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2021, 04:18:31 am »
Yeah I didn’t understand it either. My best guess is that Foxy told one person that they were considering Peter, felt guilty about it and then told Peter? It seems like a strange thing for Peter to make up, after all.

With the awesome challenge performance (which I didn’t contribute to at all!) I think we may just be able to avoid TC. Which would be sweet!

Definitely interesting that Foxy is looking to “recruit” Buckley into the alliance though. I don’t know how Buckley would feel about that. He seems pretty switched on.

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 04:18:59 am »
Yeah, it's something Foxy has mentioned more than once. I think they don't want to make their official group any bigger just yet but if they were to, Fox has said repeatedly that they want to add Buckley.

I do think the three are probably close although I'm not sure Buckley would readily join that alliance, especially as Buckley seems to like both you and me (at least on my end).

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2021, 04:19:11 am »

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2021, 04:20:20 am »
Yeah :(

What are you thinking we should do? I’ve already heard from Steve that Royal’s name has come up but I would be interested in doing something different

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2021, 04:20:39 am »
Woah it's all happening.

Steve told me he heard Royal but wants to vote Buckley.

Now Foxy is telling me he wants to vote Steve.

Aaahhh!!!

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2021, 04:20:54 am »
Yeah Foxy wants you out and wants Steve to be the decoy vote

They're gonna try to get Buckley and Peter on their side

I think we go for either Steve or Fox here

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 20, 2021, 04:21:24 am »
Some new info just dropped

Steve really wants Buckley out but Fox is hard against that elimination which is concerning Steve

Steve is also resistant to a Royal elimination but will go along with you if necessary

Steve has half proposed we flip the vote onto Buckley

idk if that changes anything for us but thought you should know

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2021, 04:21:42 am »
Thanks for that Margot. I figured my name would have to come up at some point.

Also interesting that Steve is actually trying hard for Buckley.

I would have no personal qualms with a Foxy vote but I would want to make totally sure it would be successful, especially if I am also getting votes. I had Steve or Max in mind as the likely best target to go for, but it sounds like you're thinking Steve would be the better vote out of those two?

Margot Tenenbaum

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2021, 04:21:55 am »
My mind went to Steve just because that's is what Foxy is proposing as a decoy vote. But on a personal basis, I would prefer to vote out Max.

Currently, Max seems content to just go along with whatever Foxy wants, while Steve seems to have at least some social ties outside the group