Author Topic: Chapter 3: Group Chats Unite!  (Read 615 times)

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter 3: Group Chats Unite!
« on: September 16, 2021, 11:50:40 am »
Okay, so that challenge was very fast, I expected a much more split up video. Someone could theoretically get that in like 4 minutes and it took me like 6. So not terrible but I might have been too careful

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 3: Group Chats Unite!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 12:23:19 pm »
Plan for the merge:
Plan A: Win Immunity
Plan B: Win the Idol
Plan C: Pray that I'm well connected enough to not just be merge boot, boy would that be a regression.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:20:26 am »
Okay a 24 hour merge is gonna kill me. I haven't had any time to message and i have stuff to do so we're just gonna be at tribal and i'll have messaged no one, cool.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 07:44:54 am »
Yeah for the first time in forever I took a daytime nap and lost 2ish hours of work and game time, this is not a good sign. It appears I'm already insulated enoguh to survive though

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:22:05 am »
Oh God these are the most weak wristed nothing PMs I have ever sent, and I do not think my time is enough for better than even 5th so oh dear.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 08:33:59 am »
Well I still did quite well, but I'm very happy that it was a convincing win rather than a narrow one. Congrats to Margot, may they be forever on my list of people I need gone so I can immunity run.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 11:06:38 am »
Jury starting at 12 is...interesting. I'm pretty sure this means a juror double vote or juror removal is going to happen? That or some very weird tiebreak stuff near the end.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2021, 12:18:43 am »
I feel I'm going out here, the sheer amount of quiet is ridiculous

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2021, 01:47:27 am »
God, allying Peter has produced a sticky situation for myself that will likely lead to me having to vote him out. Great.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2021, 01:58:37 am »
Also if I vote out Peter here, there just...might be an Ivanhoe pagong, which even if I stick by...I will likely be the one eliminated in the end. Of course this assumes Margot and Madame D. wouldn't survive, but then it just might be a trash island Pagong. Sigh, and the vote is today. I wish I could just not exist even longer.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2021, 03:54:27 am »
I...rage slept and woke up to 3 messages. 3 short messages. Though at least Margot has explicitly stated that yes my name was mentioned in conjuction with Peter.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2021, 05:41:01 am »
5. waking up to see 23 unread messages is daunting but i'm doing what i can to stay on top of it! there will only ever be fewer people to talk to after this.

Well...I'm very fucked, the most I've ever shown up to is just 8. Getting voted out wouldn't be all that bad to be honest, but I refuse to just give up.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2021, 07:23:56 am »
I feel so dumb, voting for Peter. It will weaken my position for a group that I'm on the outside of. It's not actually a bad move if you call it out as such, right? Maybe it'll open up my game though, revenge for peter and I suspect Margot or Madame has the idol by process of elimination (i.e people who would not tell me or Richie if they had it)

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2021, 07:34:19 am »
This is of course assuming I'm not actually being voted out. Though honestly the stress this game is putting on me makes it clear that I should actually stop playing post this game, I merely hope that if I don't go soon I make a strong impression before the end.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2021, 08:32:51 am »
Haven't seen results, but an idol into a tie between myself and Herman would be quite funny even if it led to me dying.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2021, 08:35:01 am »
I feel very sad about that. Not to mention a second vote with Peter will of course make people suspect I did it.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 05:45:32 am »
Current goal is to just stop the pagong, probably via a gustave target, it COULD backfire but I'm not the most worried. I do like Gustave but I've needed them out for a while now, hopefully it's not too late.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 06:27:44 am »
Why do you need Gustave out?

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 10:35:26 am »
Well it's more Gustave and I have always been not the closest, though voting out Gustave feels difficult I think a 5-5 can happen, though I'd rather not be eliminated this round, I feel that just letter Ivanhoe pagong will result in myself being eliminated with assurance. The tricky thing is that my path to the end might be both difficult and unlikely to result in a win.

Very soon I need Margot out for challenge reasons, Oracle out for social threat reasons, and Richie out for coattail riding reasons.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2021, 10:36:24 am »
Meanwhile Suzy is plenty of a threat themself, so I guess I'm looking for a finale of like, Me, Royal and Herman? But surely that's everyones optimal finale, right?

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2021, 04:52:17 pm »
Sent the following PM to Gustave, I want to actually try something even if it's dumb

Cool, I'm up late I have a few questions cause I think we both have a portion of the game state that the other lacks.

I do agree that the bigger names are a problem, and frankly there are too many of them for us to not be an issue down the line. I'm just trying to get an idea of what needs to happen so we aren't just fucked. I agree on most of your reads actually and ugh, this game state is not good. There are too many people with favorable matchups against us at the end and it's Final 10.

So anyway, I heard that earlier this round that you were trying to aim for me this round, and if that's true, I'd like to make the case that I'm the exact opposite of the person you need out. I feel I'm generally on the outskirts socially, and if your goal is to leave a threat without immunity, well, I'm one of the better people in the field for that. If you aren't and someone is spreading rumours (or exagerrating) , well we should get to the bottom of that.

Second, is there a group chat of the Ivanhoes who went to Trash Island? Cause I feel there must be, like there's a piece of the game that I'm missing that you are a part of.

Feel free to ask me any similar hard hitting questions btw, I wouldn't be asking if I didn't expect the same in return, just, this round feels important and I can't just let the status quo work it's path.

The thing is I was about to send a message to Margot revealing the Society of Crossed Keys group chat, which I might still do, but I want to see where this goes. I personally think the keys might not have me at the center and if that's true, well, I'm probably completely fucked and need to do something drastic. To be fair, it's probably due to my own actions and lack of openess, but that's why I'm opening new doors!

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2021, 05:07:09 pm »
I've had so much trouble trying to work with the person you are targetting but I just...I just don't trust I win a 1v1 here. I feel I lose handily and as such talking to Gustave is my best bet. Also honestly, I am FINE being 10th, it's not a great finish, a definite ELO drop, but I will be freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee to just do my life, and I refuse to medevac or anything similar, I need to go out properly.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2021, 05:12:17 pm »
And Gustave dissapeared....wonderful. No response, just terror for me. Oh well. If Gustave stuff goes poorly in the...morning? I'll probably blow up to Margot, and Richie will get mad, but I need to do something without Richie, something.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2021, 05:37:47 pm »
further meditations:

Thank God we are the only two online

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 04:49:02 am »
Oh well tried to do something interesting. May end up dying bevause of that and other reasons.