Author Topic: Chapter 1: Foray Into the Partially Known  (Read 835 times)

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter 1: Foray Into the Partially Known
« on: September 03, 2021, 07:48:54 am »
Salutations Spectators!

I will be your humble narrator in this confessional and I hope to keep my explanations succint, though I will surely fail. I've simply been trying to get to know my tribemates at the moment, and I've managed to connect a little with everyone. However I definitely have some clear favorites.

The theme clearly means a lot to Suzy and Richie, the latter of whom appears to already be shifting to game oriented speech. Richie also just mentioned Herman has also seen the films associated with the theme, and I might make a "Movie Club" of the four of us to do a covert alliance, but not actually make it an official one. I do worry that I've mentioned my distate for Yorgos Lanthamos to Suzy, who quite likes him as a directory, and I hope I haven't spoken too much of myself to them.

As for the other end, Oracle is active but connection is difficult, but I haven't spoken to Kylie at all, so I'd likely target them at a tribal council.

As an addendum, this game I do plan to purposely do worse on challenges than I normally do. A dangerous position to take, but being a rallying force and being seen as a challenge threat has undone me far much more than it has ever helped me. Besides if I truly want to pull off a late game challenge run (my personal dream) people need to not expect me to do it and get complacent. Hopefully I'm not misplacing my trust in my social abilities to survive more tribals than normal.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 1: Foray Into the Partially Known
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2021, 11:23:49 am »
I do worry that talking as if I don't trust everyone to follow a plan won't cause my tribemates to be distrustful of me, but the entire notion that such a system would hold rather than lead to a few people being goaded into having no chance at an item while we go to tribal sounds incredibly likely, but now that I've said that, if it actually happens, who does everyone suspect, probably the one who pointed out the potental abuse.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2021, 11:32:45 am »
And I say all that only to be convinced that the way I was skeptical of was better in the end, what a pickle I have put myself in.

Jane Winslett-Richardson

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 12:10:08 pm »
Congratulations on completing the first 24 hours of Survivor: A Wes Anderson Production! In recognition of this momentous milestone, I have come to provide stimulation in the form of SPECTATOR ENGAGEMENT. As a note, please do be informed that these questions are being posted to every confessional in identical form. These are not individualized at all - please do not read any intent to guide or influence you, as this would most certainly breach some form of journalistic integrity that I surely hold dear as... I think my character is a journalist? Okay, I'm doing the thing where I type out all my thoughts and I've lost the plot. HERE COME THE QUESTIONS--------

1. With nothing to do but network with your tribe, you will hopefully have learned something about those who you will live with, fight alongside, and ultimately cut loose. What is the most interesting, funniest, or just plain weird thing that you now know about one of your tribemates?

2. Your first challenge has brought with it an interesting conundrum in the form of competing goals to vie for. What do you most hope to achieve when the Flea Market closes? What do you believe your tribemates will reach for?

3. As a hypothetical, consider the following:
"Someone is targeting you to be the next vote-out should your tribe to go Tribal Council. Who is it? Why do they want you gone? Who will you rely on to stay in the game? How worried are you that such a situation might arise?"

Thank you dear, and do remember to have fun!

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2021, 01:26:06 pm »
Congratulations on completing the first 24 hours of Survivor: A Wes Anderson Production! In recognition of this momentous milestone, I have come to provide stimulation in the form of SPECTATOR ENGAGEMENT. As a note, please do be informed that these questions are being posted to every confessional in identical form. These are not individualized at all - please do not read any intent to guide or influence you, as this would most certainly breach some form of journalistic integrity that I surely hold dear as... I think my character is a journalist? Okay, I'm doing the thing where I type out all my thoughts and I've lost the plot. HERE COME THE QUESTIONS--------

1. With nothing to do but network with your tribe, you will hopefully have learned something about those who you will live with, fight alongside, and ultimately cut loose. What is the most interesting, funniest, or just plain weird thing that you now know about one of your tribemates?

2. Your first challenge has brought with it an interesting conundrum in the form of competing goals to vie for. What do you most hope to achieve when the Flea Market closes? What do you believe your tribemates will reach for?

3. As a hypothetical, consider the following:
"Someone is targeting you to be the next vote-out should your tribe to go Tribal Council. Who is it? Why do they want you gone? Who will you rely on to stay in the game? How worried are you that such a situation might arise?"

Thank you dear, and do remember to have fun!

1. The weirdest is certainly trying to get my head around any tangent that Anthony goes on. He has a most bizarre way of words (rivalling even mine) and our conversation about dance moves and creating new tennis spins is perfectly absurd.

2. I hoped that we would at least have everyone get their desired item, even if it cost a bit more. In this way the challenge was a complete failure, but I have at least some insight into what happened and will likely have to kick the can down the road.

3. The likely situation is I'd use my connection with richie to stay alive. The man clearly has his fingers in a lot of pots (being in at least 3 group chats by my count) and is bound to come out of this tribe a winner, while I will have to work with a middling position based on alliances to frankly more powerful presences. I think it's unlikely on this tribe though as Kylie has barely sent a PM.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2021, 01:32:50 pm »
Testing

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2021, 02:18:07 pm »
Oh, My. Well my trend of befriending the most terrfying player continues here, and while it feels a bit early to say so, an F3 of Myself, Suzy and Richie sounds like an excellent trio for endgame. Now I get to spin narratives and deceive my tribemates though, which is most dissapointing, but this is a great clue as to what actually happened during the auction.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2021, 02:13:08 am »
Hmmm, I suppose I should give you all some trust rankings. From most trusted to most likely to boot let's do:

1. Richie: Obviously the person who literally can't vote for me is my number one ally. He's clever, has a good game sense and I would suspect is in the best position on this tribe. I'm going to be playing catchup to him quite a lot, which means establishing ways to have a tactical advantage over him will be necesarry in the future.

2. Suzy: Suzy is remarkable, she has a passion for film and just a loving personality. If I ever must betray here then it shall be with tears in my eyes with somber music playing, and we've only just met.

3. Anthony: Seems to at least be alligned with Richie and I do have a group chat with him. A bit hard to talk to directly but still, will be a valuable ally.

4. Oracle: So from this point on (Oracle included) I don't have a lot of trust. However, Oracle is clearly a smart gamer and I can keep tabs on him via the chat of him, gustave, richie and anthony. As such I shouldn't be worried about anything.

5. M. Gustave: Similar reasons to oracle but I talk significantly less with gustave, though I do think if I breakthrough I will be very good friends with such a gentleman.

6. Sam: We just...keep missing each other, he clearly talks game to some people but I haven't been nearly responsive enough to warrant his trust.

7. Herman: Kind of here, barely a conversation, and a good person to pin the entire item debacle due to his own lack of statements in public.

8. Kylie: We just...have sent 1 message to each other each. Kylie will be booted at tribal if we go.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2021, 02:13:48 am »
SNOOPY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THE WRITER'S THOUGHTS ON THE RING ARE.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2021, 02:14:32 am »
Oh, move Duke into the 6 slot. He's becoming active but I don't really...trust him in the least. Alarm bells ring whenever talking to them.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2021, 02:16:01 am »
SNOOPY WANTS TO KNOW WHAT THE WRITER'S THOUGHTS ON THE RING ARE.

Oh I am indeed very excited about the ring. There's nothing to forge a bond like literally not being allowed to vote for the other, it will make every tribal that we both attend that much better. I do worry a bit about how it may cause us to be seen as a pair, but that I suppose is the price. I plan to distance myself from Richie since the more dangerous alliance moves require complete and utter trust, that the item has given us.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2021, 02:17:13 am »
The one downside if I believe Richie is a much stronger player near the end, I won't be able to directly assault him, but Frankly I'd much rather use my words to form a narrative where he loses to me at Final Tribal than me have to betray him in a foolhardy attempt.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 12:41:59 am »
I can not resist doing well at challenges huh. I suppose I could miss on purpose but I'd only do that with a lower risk shot

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2021, 07:56:43 am »
A bit nervous about my position in this tribe should we attend another tribal (or more accurately my position down the road in this game). My activity fell drastically over the past few days and Anthony decided to make a new group chat without Richie or Me in it which while I can't fault them for it, certainly makes me feel like I'm outside the "Big Four" on this tribe of Suzy, Anthony, Richie and Oracle. Also despite being around Anthony hasn't responded to my last message yet. Also I'm about to be occupied until well after challenge results.

Snoopy

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2021, 08:28:27 am »
HOW WAS YOUNG WRITER AWARE OF SUCH A GROUP IF YOUNG WRITER WAS NOT IN IT?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2021, 09:16:22 am »
Why are you playing hot potato with the flu serum?

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2021, 01:11:07 pm »
Very tired but these are easy to answer.

So my nervousness about Anthony is still there but the reason I know is cause he told me and Richie he did that, which makes it very weird but *shrugs*.

The second is just cause Duke asked in public for it.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2021, 02:57:01 am »
So about purposely throwing challenges....it seems I can't resist helping my tribe solve a puzzle, blast.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2021, 03:19:18 am »
Were you planning on throwing? Post 13 says you are worried about your position in the tribe if you attend another tribal.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2021, 05:24:56 am »
Well you see, my goal is to sandbag more in challenges, not enough to lose often, but enough that I'm not a big challenge threat and....I'm currently the only who can do the strategy that can get SOMETHING IN 5.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2021, 07:58:31 am »
YOU BETTER HAVE SAFE CRACKER EXTRAORDINARE ON MY TOMBSTONE

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2021, 08:01:09 am »
YOU BETTER HAVE SAFE CRACKER EXTRAORDINARE ON MY TOMBSTONE
If you die it’ll have to be “lost his touch”

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2021, 08:55:53 am »
Welp...yeah people won't forget this...guess I have to live the rest of the game in the spotlight, or really hope people have short memories.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2021, 12:04:06 pm »
What’s the story on you and Peter and that knife?

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2021, 12:05:45 pm »
A bond shared by fellows who each have something the other needs. Unfortunate no one misfired on our tribe, it would have been most fortunate.