Author Topic: Camp Ivanhoe  (Read 5699 times)

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Camp Ivanhoe
« Reply #425 on: September 09, 2021, 12:28:43 pm »
I'd assume the Challenge 4 Thread?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2021, 12:29:29 pm »
Put it in the Chapter Four Thread and I will double-check it to make sure it's 15 turns.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2021, 12:29:37 pm »
But also to be clear once we have their scrambled number, we should test out the two general strategies we have to see if one is much better.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: September 09, 2021, 12:29:59 pm »
Which means not actually guessing in the thread yet.

Oracle

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: September 09, 2021, 12:30:43 pm »
But also to be clear once we have their scrambled number, we should test out the two general strategies we have to see if one is much better.

I absolutely 100% agree with this. I also have a strategy of my own I'd like to try.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: September 09, 2021, 12:31:03 pm »
What is your final submission?

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 09, 2021, 12:31:16 pm »

I put it in the chapter 4 thread like you asked.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 09, 2021, 12:36:23 pm »
Okay so should we discuss strategy in another thread then before we start guessing?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 09, 2021, 12:37:11 pm »

I put it in the chapter 4 thread like you asked.

Sorry about that! Number posted now.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 09, 2021, 12:39:34 pm »
Should we make a challenge strategy testing thread now?

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 09, 2021, 01:21:26 pm »
apologies for not being around much today, it was my bad and shouldn't happen again. turns out the m. is more likely to stand for muddled than mastermind, because most of the strategy talk for this challenge has been over my head. i feel so carried. i'll get to my messages now.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 10, 2021, 08:04:24 am »
Hey all, I spent so much time on this challenge. I’ll be done for the day and will respond to dms once I have food. Thank you for patience!

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 10, 2021, 08:39:17 am »
holy god that was way closer than i expected! they must be so frustrated over there, four guesses is super good but still lost.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 11, 2021, 06:41:38 am »
Hey everyone, I moved house today! getting everything set up took a lot longer than expected so I'm kind of out of it at the moment; will reply to everyone before I sleep tonight but won't be immediately

thanks for patience :D

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 11, 2021, 06:53:20 am »
Been very busy today and likely won't get back to anyone before deadline, so if there's a swap just know I have enjoyed our time together greatly.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 12, 2021, 08:56:51 am »
Hey all! I'm kind of exhausted, was going through the list of messages because TC but now it's not TC rn so I'll probably go black out and get back to you in the morning. Sorry about activity here; it's been a busy couple days.

M. Gustave

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 12, 2021, 09:00:26 am »
this pirate stuff takes me back to pearl islands and cook islands; good times.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 12, 2021, 09:24:02 am »
Are we supposed to be discussing who we would pirate? I'm a touch confused about the latter part of this announcement.

Anthony Adams

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 12, 2021, 09:26:38 am »
I think it's a self decision so we can't really pick someone

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 12, 2021, 09:27:25 am »
Got it. I actually have an idea I want to propose, I'm not sure if this is a stupid idea or if it's worth discussing, but if my idea works out there might be a way none of us have to be voted out this round.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 12, 2021, 09:31:26 am »
If you all want to try to coordinate and discuss this. If not, no worries we can just all have the night off haha. Bark bark.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 12, 2021, 09:46:12 am »
I mean I can't think of such a way that happens that doesn't either involve myself volunteering to leave, which I'm not entirely sure I'd want to do, or giving away the Mendls and trusting who its given to will actually leave, which given the entirety of the auction round, I don't think I would be on board with.

Still if it people wish to discuss plans it can't hurt to let our thoughts be out there.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 12, 2021, 10:01:09 am »
That was my thought. So after this round two people will be voted out. One on each tribe. That leaves us with 14. The only person we publicly know is safe either this round or next is you. So one possible solution is to assume the immune person over there does not jump ship.

If you were to volunteer to munity you are guaranteed to survive at least one round which might be enough for a true swap, which given how open you have been about sharing information with us I trust us to want to protect you assuming we swap at 14.

This would mean that most likely the person who swaps here won't be the immune one. If they are we can't help it and just have to bite the bullet, but they are pretty broken after the 5-3 split. So the odds are the person with immunity won't want to go anywhere. Most likely we could potentially take two of them out and set us up to be safe in a swap or merge scenario after.

Again this hinges on two things:

1. You are willing to go over on the hope that either a swap is coming soon, or that you can survive a round bluffing you will use the immunity, don't use it, and then use it the next round if we don't swap.

2. The rest of the tribe stays strong in voting out whoever they send over. If that person is the one who has immunity, then whatever we can't help that and were going to have to vote someone out anyways.

This is an option if we want to try to survive together, but if not I will drop it and we can just do what we were going to do individually. I just wanted to throw it out there as an idea.

Oracle

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 12, 2021, 10:42:33 am »
I would like to re-iterate if you aren't okay doing that, this is your game. No is an option. I just was trying to think if there was any discussion point worth having about this.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 12, 2021, 11:22:37 am »
I'm well aware I'm considering it. Though frankly I'm still very unsure. It's not about my survival but rather inter tribe dyanmics. Most of us just had a round to get any sense of the other tribe and "we'll just vote out whoever comes here unless they have immunity" feels a bit...dismissive I guess is the word. Especially when it's likely someone who is on the outs on the other tribe, like that's not how I'd like to be greated, especially without immunit. Also simultaneously showing up and being like "yeah I'm here because it guarantees one of you goes home" also feels bad to do and either sends the message that our entire tribe is just, not interested in bonding with any of them or just that I really am not interested in that.

Also if I don't go over, it's still likely with the split that whoever does end up there has a good chance of surviving without it just being a soft act of war.