Author Topic: Young Writer  (Read 707 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Young Writer
« on: September 22, 2021, 08:44:29 am »
One of the wildest votes I've seen in a game!  Tough way to go out and sorry to see you here.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Young Writer
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 08:47:41 am »
That was bizarre. Not only did Gustave lie about flipping (a move that instantly loses my jury vote) but someone flipped on me without telling me, when I had no power to stop it (another move that instantly loses my jury vote). Anyway it's clear I do not have the time or mental energy to actually play a social game anymore, though it was fun to connect with people. I'm a bit sad that journey has ended, but at least I'll always have the safe cracking round.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 08:48:03 am »
Thank you for playing and for giving it your all even when times were tough! I appreciated your game.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 09:01:21 am »
Oh Peter, question. Were you on Team Zissou with Royal

Buckley

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 09:21:21 am »
So where were the votes at this round (as far as you know)? This looks insane externally

Wish I'd had a chance to chat with you more!

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 09:36:17 am »
Oh yeah, so I was getting votes from Gustave and Duke since I haven't been close to them from the start. I assume they brought in all the Rushmores, which is dissapointing cause I actually wanted to ally y'all and was the one person who was like "let's not pagong" which of course led to not a pagong with me being eliminated. Anyway the people who voted with me intially were the Society of Crossed Keys, (it was named on Camp Ivanhoe) a group chat of Me, Oracle, Herman, Richie and Suzy which were just all the people who were supposed to bid on items. For the record I also had an F3 with Suzy and Richie, though I was well aware I lose that hard most likely, and Richie was forbidden from voting me until Final 5 cause of the Zissou rings.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 09:42:58 am »
Oh Peter, question. Were you on Team Zissou with Royal

wha?

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 09:45:20 am »
The Zissou rings from the first auction, basically whoever got them could gift one to another player and they couldn't vote for each other until after Final 5, Richie gave one to me.

Peter Whitman

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2021, 09:58:02 am »
ah no, royal told me about it but he never gave me the rings. i wish he did :P

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 08:32:30 am »
Ooof, poor Herman. By any chance do you know who flipped?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 08:53:03 am »
It wasn't me.

Oracle flipped because he found out Richie was lying about things. Suzy flipped because Suzy is a liar.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 08:53:33 am by Wes Anderson »

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 08:53:47 am »
Apparently royal also flipped from the other side but I never got his reasoning why

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 08:57:14 am »
Wow so Royal flipped, Oracle and Suzy flipped, and Gustave didn't....Cool so 3 of those people (not Royal) lost my jury vote, hopefully at least someone not them is at the end. I really should have just worked with Peter to idol out Oracle back in the mutiny round, would have been chaotic but saved a lot of headache later.

According to Margot Oracle set me up though, claiming I was gunning for her when the reality was Suzy was the one who wanted that so fun.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 08:58:46 am »
Any idea who actually stuck with you?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 09:02:06 am »
Duke and either Gustave or Oracle. Duke told me they might just switch everything to me at the end but maybe they didn't get a chance to. I don't know wtf Suzy is even trying to do at this point.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 09:07:15 am »
Me neither. Like, Suzy and I were just having a conversation about potential endgame right before the vote and I was very clear to ask any questions they needed, I would have at least expected an explanation right before the end. I thought we were cool. I sort of expected the Oracle stab but I put them and Gustave in the same box of obviosuly schemey.

For the record, Me, Richie, Royal and Peter made an alliance on the swap tribe, though it went nowhere with the immediate Peter target. Also I don't think I apologized to you enough for essentially sinking your game (though apparently you also kept telling people I was feeding you information, which likely just brought us both down) with that round.

Also, I am sad to see you hear, I enjoyed you greatly even if your messages were rather short.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 09:07:42 am »
So it sounds like it was you vs Madame D, people heard Madame D was idoling and everyone swapped to you?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 09:27:21 am »
Suzy I trusted the most of anyone for most of the game. I went all in for trusting Duke and Suzy and struck a F3 deal with them right before the revote. They were the only 2 I thought I had any chance against at the end so it just seemed logical to me. Really my only play tbqh

So then Suzy flipped for whatever reason and I say "wtf happened" and she goes on and on "oh Herman I'm so sorry I just got so afraid of going to rpcks!" apologizing over and over. So I am a human, I am realisti , I still felt F3 with her and Duke was my only chance. We set up a group of 5 with Gustave and Oracle. So I actually felt good 3 inside of 5 with 9 left and she sold us all out a half hour before tribal. Senseless to go from the secondary player alliance to the power group imho.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 09:28:31 am »
So it sounds like it was you vs Madame D, people heard Madame D was idoling and everyone swapped to you?

Suzy sold us out at the last minute and Madame probably wasted her idol tbqh. Maybe that was the goal

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2021, 09:43:14 am »
I sort of expected the Oracle stab but I put them and Gustave in the same box of obviosuly schemey.

For the record, Me, Richie, Royal and Peter made an alliance on the swap tribe, though it went nowhere with the immediate Peter target. Also I don't think I apologized to you enough for essentially sinking your game (though apparently you also kept telling people I was feeding you information, which likely just brought us both down) with that round.

Also, I am sad to see you hear, I enjoyed you greatly even if your messages were rather short.

Oracle I honestly think is a good dude. I think he was legit just mad at Richie and thought KOing you would hurt him. I don't think it was a stab. Gustave is constantly scheming but in a fun way. A true student of the game. Despite his scheming though I found him to be nothing but honest. He does not like to lie and neither do I.

Honestly I don't remember telling people that?? Who was your source?

I greatly enjoyed talking to you too! We seem to share many similar interests and I will again blame only being on a phone for the brevity.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2021, 10:04:22 am »
Oh sorry, "Also I don't think I apologized to you enough for essentially sinking your game (though apparently you also kept telling people I was feeding you information, which likely just brought us both down) with that round."

Was towards Peter, sorry for the confusion. My mind tends to wander at times.

I mean, if that's true about Oracle I can see how it'll affect someone else, but personally I don't like being used as a pawn to get back at someone else, especially if the person doesn't have the goodwill to tell me about that. Also "I wasn't willing to go to rocks" is a read that 100% loses my vote so, yeah. I thought Suzy was playing craftily but it seems that might not be the case.

Also eh, Gustave apparently misrepresented our conversation and was leakier than a faucet in our relations, but I get that I was probably not going to get a shot with them once merge rolled around.

I'll keep you updated on My Ted Lasso feels, just got to rainbow and god, the last two I think are the best episodes I've seen so far. Season 1 was incredible and the Season 2 start is shaky, but it really shapes up.

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2021, 10:06:11 am »
Can I ask what yours and Richie's plans for me were longer term or what was said about me behind closed doors?

Herman Blume

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2021, 10:10:58 am »
Also eh, Gustave apparently misrepresented our conversation and was leakier than a faucet in our relations, but I get that I was probably not going to get a shot with them once merge rolled around.

I'll keep you updated on My Ted Lasso feels, just got to rainbow and god, the last two I think are the best episodes I've seen so far. Season 1 was incredible and the Season 2 start is shaky, but it really shapes up.

Oh yeah I meant to ask exactly what was said there because Duke 100% believed Gustave and I believed you, we argued about it lol!

Rainbow is just such an instant classic I completely agree.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2021, 10:16:01 am »
Can I ask what yours and Richie's plans for me were longer term or what was said about me behind closed doors?

Well I literally couldn't vote for Richie until Final 4, and I felt I was on the lower end of the win equity from havin literally no influence on the game, essentially being a pawn for other people (which frankly I shouldn't have agreed to play cause I did not have the time or mental energy to do well, and won't for a while, at least last time I shouldn't have played it worked out fine). So my goal was to hopefully get to the end with you and Royal. Probably get to Final 5 with Suzy, Me, Richie, You, Royal, flip on Suzy, then Win at F4 and vote out Richie.

Of course chances are I would have just been strung along by stronger players if I had won but I actually didn't intend to vote you out, my "good endgames" were far too limited.

I did consider the option of voting you out the round I went though, since it would have been part of buddying up with Gustave and Duke and just dramatically shifting the game to where I wasn't hopeless, but by the time Gustave was leaking I realized that was a baaaad idea.

For the record, Gustave was the one to suggest you, I suggested Duke, though I did contemplate voting you more than I think you'd be comfortable with.

Young Writer

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2021, 10:17:35 am »
I can paraphrase, give me a bit.

I believe I responded with "I need to check with Richie, no way Suzy or Oracle flip on Herman". Oh apparently my exact response was "That is a hardish sell to me but not impossible."