Author Topic: Chapter Five  (Read 645 times)

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Five
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 08:22:43 am »
This is going to set off some chaos and recrimination no matter whether it works or not

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 08:24:08 am »
In a different timeline me and Madame D. could have been awesome late game allies.  She's a super fun PMer.  But the viable path out of this round was really narrow.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:22 am »
Oh boy

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 08:35:53 am »
How are you going to handle this?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 08:36:33 am »
Well, I am disallowed from voting Writer so certainly not by flipping

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2021, 08:38:35 am »
That is very true! How are you going to handle the other players I mean?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 09:16:07 am »
I'll be reasonably honest with Madame D.  She and I had a lot of conversation over the last 72 hours about how bad it could get if Writer was eliminated.  The path out of a Writer vote narrowed until it was only her.

Everybody else, I don't know yet.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 09:41:17 am »
I could come out of this as the only one aside from Writer who people think made the reasonable choice and don't blame for keeping the vote secret.  Thanks to Gustave floating my name as a split vote target at the beginning of the round.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2021, 08:47:47 pm »
Confessional Prompt 20: Did you think a tie vote was possible, and what does this mean for you?
Yes.  It means an awkward 24 hours and hopefully a narrative shift that gets Young Writer (and by extension me) out of the crosshairs for a while.  It probably also means a lot of uncomfortable conversations among many other players.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2021, 09:17:17 pm »
Royal is going to switch his vote, so that's one even if M. Gustave lied to people last night.  If Gustave is really switching too then Duke would be silly not to join in the switch, leaving only Margot voting for Writer on the revote.

It would be legendary if someone on this side switched too thinking no one from the other side was switching and we got LOL woops rocks.  Although knowing my luck I'll be the one getting rocked out.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2021, 09:42:04 pm »
Suzy definitely got suckered by Madame into revealing that we have an alliance and that I was telling her Margot was floating her name, so of course Madame will be sharing that info far and wide.  Suzy also freaked right the fuck out when Madame said Margot never did such a thing despite the only logical conclusion being that Madame can do nothing but lie and appeal to emotion here to try to save herself and there was no Earthly reason why I would even need to make that up in the first place since Suzy and I are ironclad F2 and we were on the same page about Margot without Margot having floated her name in the first place.

I miss allying with Skelda then getting steamrolled by him every game, he never would have fallen for that.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 10:53:53 pm »
Royal is my bro.  Of course he doesn't know I already had a set of Zissou rings going, but he felt he is in a much more tenuous position than me and wanted me to have the item ammunition for the long term if I'm still fighting after he's gone.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 11:05:36 pm »
Just in case anyone thinks I'm out of my mind and Margot never floated Suzy...

This is to me one on one:
How are you feeling about the next round? I suppose it does depend on where immunity lies but I'm probably most worried about the bigger former-Ivanhoe bloc at the moment.

Especially with the lost of Buckley, I'm feeling a little less safe with only Madame/Royal as a former-Rushmore buffer. And I feel like losing even one more of us could snowball into a pagong type situation.

Do you think we could get Young Writer to vote with us against someone in that bloc next round? I don't have a super great idea of what connections he has, only that he's always struck me as kinda lone-wolfy. I know there might be some pressure on him again from like Gustave but now I'm starting to fear if Writer goes (at least right away) that like me and you and Royal aren't too far behind

gut tells me that Herman is like the easiest vote amongst that bloc just because he got votes last round, but let me know what your thoughts are

I would say we could try something more exciting on like Suzy but apparently she's good at art so something tells me that might be off the table for now

This is in a trio chat with Madame D.
Allons-y Alonso!

I am of two hearts about this choice.

I think if Writer goes this round, the three of us need to make a concerted push towards whoever seems to be the easiest push in Gustave's coalition. Both Duke and Oracle have made some noises to me about being okay with letting Herman go, but concerned that the majority will be on Writer this round. Personally, that's where I'd be most inclined to push simply because Herman has given me close to nothing this game and I'm a little sick of it. I feel we could get it done with Royal's help, and especially with at least one of Duke/Oracle no longer having Young Writer as an excuse.

As far as Gustave goes, I am unsure whether Duke might go for that or not, as I have no breached the subject with him. But I'm not sure I would want to risk things coming down to a tie here, as in the event we lose, I feel it becomes a lot harder to swing someone over to our side in the future? That could be a faulty assumption, so interrupt me here if I'm veering off course.

I thought last round that Herman might be a viable alternative to Writer this round, as Duke seemed somewhat receptive to the idea, but he also seems to be of the mind that Young Writer is "bigger fish to fry" as Herman isn't exactly going to be winning immunity any time soon. I understand this to a degree as Herman also isn't exactly the most threatening. Has anyone gotten his opinion on the Gustave wagon here? I'm also curious if Suzy would gain a different sort of traction.

ultimately, I'm not opposed to making a strike here but I would want to be very sure it wouldn't fail, as I think that split could fracture any relationships we might have. whereas atm I feel more confident in a concerted strike next round, because i think both Duke/Oracle could potentially be swayed without Young Writer as a distraction?

open to hearing both of your thoughts

Bold for emphasis

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 11:16:16 pm »
Where are all my spectator friends I miss you hoes

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:27 pm »
Royal I fucking love you

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:58 pm »
My dad ladies and gentlemen

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 11:34:10 pm »
what?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2021, 11:42:52 pm »
what?
I just like to know you're still here

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2021, 01:41:29 am »
Suzy definitely got suckered by Madame into revealing that we have an alliance and that I was telling her Margot was floating her name, so of course Madame will be sharing that info far and wide.  Suzy also freaked right the fuck out when Madame said Margot never did such a thing despite the only logical conclusion being that Madame can do nothing but lie and appeal to emotion here to try to save herself and there was no Earthly reason why I would even need to make that up in the first place since Suzy and I are ironclad F2 and we were on the same page about Margot without Margot having floated her name in the first place.

I miss allying with Skelda then getting steamrolled by him every game, he never would have fallen for that.

<3

Love you bae

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2021, 01:46:03 am »
You need to train some disciples or something

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2021, 02:43:46 am »
About as confident as I can be that Suzy won't flip.  Confident that Herman won't flip.

If Oracle flips and Royal's flip cancels it out and I get rocked out I am going to die laughing in the jury forum.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2021, 05:06:51 am »
Fucking hell Suzy don't lose your nerve and cause the tie you're so desperate to avoid

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2021, 08:19:39 am »
Oracle and Suzy both about to flip, frightened of a 1 in 7 rock chance

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile