Author Topic: Chapter Five  (Read 653 times)

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter Five
« on: September 19, 2021, 02:53:13 am »
Tragic medevac withdrawal calls for a chapter break
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 03:22:41 am by Richie Tenenbaum »

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter 5
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2021, 02:53:45 am »

A messy chart I made to stare at and try to visualize where the connections I don't know about could be

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter Five
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2021, 03:23:10 am »
So with Buckley gone the last person who can possibly have a train heist idol is Margot...

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2021, 03:23:59 am »
Unless Buckley had it and sent it off to Royal or something before he medevac'd but there's no accounting for that so I'm not going to consider it

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2021, 03:28:11 am »
I don't know why I thought Margot posted more than she did in that challenge, she had plenty of time to be heisting in her confessional between posts.  30-40 seconds minimum on each page.  Definitely have to play like she has it.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2021, 11:24:55 am »
This is the point in the game where I start worrying about Margot and Madame scooping up Herman

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 12:25:45 pm »
M. Gustave, Herman, Duke, Margot, Madame D. is a real possibility right now that would be quite bad

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 12:43:40 pm »
I think that M. Gustave feels like he needs a big move on his resume, and I know he was considering targeting Writer last round.

I think that Herman is susceptible to somebody persuasive presenting an argument that he's a goat if he sticks with the status quo.

I think if I were Madame or Margot, I'd definitely be looking to flip those two.  I know Madame was already building a relationship with Duke.

If Suzy targets Royal and Madame/Margot are suddenly willing to let him go this round without too much of a fight...

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2021, 05:45:31 am »
The Binoculars are absolutely bizarre.  They make a Darjeeling reference, but they don't seem to be related to the Train challenge at all.  Could there be another Darjeeling challenge coming up for individual immunity, and they're functionally a challenge advantage by revealing info that will be pertinent?

Well at least I know that the Binoculars weren't a spying item that saw me grab my idol back then.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2021, 05:46:50 am »
Royal is such a mensch

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 05:52:57 am »
Confessional Prompt 18: How does Buckley's quit impact your game?
Well I was definitely one of his allies, so it's a negative.  But it did spare me from ever having to betray him.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2021, 08:00:29 am »
No second active set of Team Zissou rings allowed, would you look at these modcahoots.  I could have been running a whole Zissou cult I tell ya!

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2021, 08:17:23 am »
What would you guys have even done if someone got added to both sets of Zissou rings by other people?  Or if I had started my Zissou ring pair and then someone else Zissou'd me?

(I would like to make it clear I am not in any way upset with this mod decision)

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2021, 08:40:53 am »
inb4 Margot is never eligible to be voted between now and FTC because she is a challenge Goddess and also has two idols

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2021, 10:26:33 pm »
This TC gets a big yikes from me

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2021, 10:27:21 pm »
I do not actually want to use the other Zissou rings, okay universe?  You don't have to kill Writer.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2021, 11:24:02 pm »
Where the votes might be right now:

Gustave, Herman, Oracle, {Suzy}, Duke on Writer
Richie, Writer, Margot, Madame, Royal on Gustave

Suzy can't abandon ship on that vote unless it's super clear it's going the other way.

Suzy confirms that Gustave is calling Writer and I a dangerous pair, not surprising but not great.  She also confirms Duke is saying he's voting Writer.

I've asked Royal to go offer Duke an F2 alliance because I think that should be extremely attractive to Duke right now.  If that happens, then Duke becomes someone we have a chance of peeling away to the other side of this vote.

I'm also working individually and in a new trio chat to keep Margot and Madame on the side of believing they need Writer as a shield / number against the inner circle Ivanhoe majority.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2021, 11:28:32 pm »
This TC still gets a big yikes from me

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2021, 11:58:01 pm »

Now with 50% more mess

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2021, 12:09:57 am »
Frakking Duke and Oracle don't know what to say to me because they're being asked to participate in a split vote against me

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2021, 01:27:06 am »
Confessional Prompt 19: Idol speculation time. Who's got one? Are you at risk of being at the receiving end of a played idol?
Me! And almost certainly Margot!  And maybe she has two, or maybe Madame or Duke has the Fox's Tail!  And yes I'm definitely at risk of being on the receiving end!  Wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2021, 03:34:23 am »
beep boop suzy dropped a bomb in the group chat

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2021, 04:00:11 am »
What bomb? Can you update us on what is going down?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2021, 05:35:01 am »
Suzy came out in the group chat and started talking about there being a plan to split votes against Writer and Royal.  I did know it existed through already, but I had not been informed of it by it's architects so I acted as though I had no idea.  Writer was of course "shocked" as well, since it's him getting targeted and the fact that it was supposedly a 5-3 split made it seem like everyone else in the group chat was in on the splitting plan.  It created a huge kerfuffle that was an opportunity to get everyone in the group onto the idea of making a sneak attack with five votes against Madame D. (since Margot is immune) while everyone else's attention is on Writer/Royal and Gustave.  Best of all, Herman independently came to the idea of going for Madame D. instead of Royal and we basically simulposted it, so even though it was (vaguely) cooked up by Suzy and I beforehand it looks like a natural conclusion to draw from all that info coming to light.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2021, 06:19:59 am »
Yet another thing that could EASILY blow up in my face because that's how I roll