Author Topic: Chapter One  (Read 308 times)

Richie Tenenbaum

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
Chapter One
« on: September 13, 2021, 04:54:55 am »
I'm going to say that hitting a twist of this magnitude is definitely cause for a chapter break.  Prologue over.

It remains the case that there are only two people on this tribe I really truly need to survive to the merge with me and that's Writer and Suzy.  If I skedaddled over to Rushmore here I feel confident they've got the chops to make it without me.  I would like for Sam to still get voted out, but even if it causes some chaos for me to disappear and Sam wriggles out of it I don't see that landing on Suzy, and certainly not on Writer since he got the Mendl's.

Am I trying to talk myself into this mutiny or out of it?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
Re: Chapter One
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 06:34:02 am »
If I mutiny and get voted out before merge I'll have no one to blame but myself

If I had been anything but mobile phone posting all weekend I'd feel better about where all my communications with the Ivanhoe players stand too

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 07:05:23 am »
Let the die be cast

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2021, 09:25:24 am »
All right let's do this thing

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 09:31:25 am »
I'm planning on giving you this round for immunity. I'm not playing the Mendl's on you, since that's getting played on me.
If the vote gets swung onto you though, I'm going to dissuade it from happening. If it's unavoidable, you get the Mendl's, and I'd like to know who you want out the most.

In exchange, I want to work with you. Sound good?
Warm welcome from Foxy Fox.  She was in a bad position coming off the Steve Zissou vote as far as I know.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2021, 09:48:49 am »
Unfortunately I find Foxy's style kind of insufferable

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2021, 09:51:45 am »
Did you tell anyone at Camp Ivanhoe you were a willing hostage, or do they all think you were kidnapped against your will?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2021, 09:57:47 am »
Young Writer knows I was a willing hostage, no one else

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2021, 10:10:00 am »
What do you think will happen back at old Camp Ivanhoe? What do you want to happen?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:07:35 am by Wes Anderson »

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2021, 10:59:06 am »
I only exchanged 1 message with Madame D. during the cable car twist, but I had a very good gut feeling about how that went.  We're well on our way to an alliance now.

I hope that Camp Ivanhoe will follow through with a vote against Sam.  I think that AA might try to stop that, but Duke will bail on Sam to stay with the majority.  Since Writer and Peter made a solid, discrete connection during the cable car I expect Peter to side against Sam with the majority.  Incidentally AA's obstinance in regards to Sam and general cagey attitude all round has greatly lowered my estimation of him.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2021, 01:27:56 pm »
Seriously how was Foxy the power player over here, just by flattening everyone with an avalanche of PMs?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »
Via Madame D I learned that beyond Peter volunteering publicly and successfully getting off this tribe, Madame and Foxy both tried to mutiny and she thinks Margot probably did too.  This tribe is a shit show.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2021, 12:45:27 am »
Ivanhoe is just so much more active than Rushmore

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2021, 12:47:43 am »
Foxy claims that they and Royal would both prefer to find an alternative to voting Max, which doesn't line up with anything I've heard from Royal or anyone else.  But I'm trying to get Foxy to overextend and further erode any remaining trust they might have from the rest of their tribe.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2021, 03:20:03 am »
For those keeping Crazy scores at home, this might end up as a 3-2 split vote on Foxy and Max, in which case my vote for Max is still technically "in" the majority because it would be a plan agreed to by all five of us.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2021, 08:25:51 am »
If I am getting dunked on right now that would be a bummer but also I would absolutely deserve it for playing so aggressively

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2021, 09:20:16 am »
I fucking love you so much for this costume

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2021, 09:23:23 am »
Ugh Suzy please stay safe on that trash island!

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2021, 10:07:21 am »
I am all about honoring people's pronouns in real life but in terms of an anonymous Survivor game I wish people would just chill out and let everyone use the pronouns of their character more often.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2021, 11:50:37 am »
Peter using that double vote last round seems like an especially not good play, but so does his sharing it's existence with anyone aside from Writer.  Oh well thanks for weakening yourself for the long run I guess.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2021, 09:02:00 pm »
Looks like Sam is going to be an active deadtator.  Sorry I was against you Sam, you were sketching me out!

Eli Cash

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 12:12:49 am »
What are your thoughts on the new tribe and how are you planning to navigate this?

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 12:18:56 am »
What are your thoughts on the new tribe and how are you planning to navigate this?
Good to see you Eli!

I think this is a pretty decent tribe for me.  I would have preferred if the last two picks in the draft were swapped and we had Suzy here and Buckley over there but this isn't a bad draw at all.  I've got Writer here who is my Team Zissou ring buddy ironclad ally.  I've got Royal who we just went through organizing the split vote together which we bonded very heavily through along with other information sharing.  In particular, since Foxy still seems to think that informing me we were working together point blank in their first PM after I mutinied means I am loyal to them, or at least did long enough to share a lot just before and after the votes were read, I found out that Buckley leaked to Foxy that the split was happening and I told that to Royal.  So I think I'm Royal's top ally on this tribe, but Royal and Peter may also be quite close.  However that is fine if they are close because I believe the best majority I can hope for here is Richie/Writer/Royal/Peter, and I would like to hide the existence of that majority behind a unanimous vote against Foxy.  I don't want to give Buckley/Foxy a chance to get any further together and we need to keep forcing Buckley to side with us against Foxy while we can.  I'm bonding well with Peter so far too and he's making overtures about working directly with me.  Duke is a classic floater and will go along with the majority but if Foxy wins immunity I'd say we'll probably target him, because an "anyone but me" floater is a liability to have around in the merge too.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2021, 03:21:55 am »
It makes so much sense for Peter to be the one holding the Rushmore idol.

Comfortable doing the mutiny, check (hey this tell applies to me too but only Writer knows I volunteered)
Comfortable throwing away his double vote on a brash attempt to flip a vote after the mutiny, check - psychologically that heavily implies he's got more up his sleeve to give up the voting advantage that fast
Participated in the Train challenge in such a way that there were time gaps in his posting, check - this is where he would have been making the required Heist posts in his confessional

Buckley could feasibly have been making the posts in his confessional but he was apparently playing entirely from his phone for the first several rounds of the game, which would make it extremely difficult to pull off the Heist.  Margot didn't have any posting gaps in the challenge.  Steve and Max are dead and gone.

I see you, Peter Peter Idol Eater.

After re-reading my Heist instructions, I am now wondering if the "tape on the nose" thing indicates that this is something that would have been visible to the player with the Binoculars if they were using their item correctly.  I'm going to be keeping an eye out for that.

Richie Tenenbaum

•  
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2021, 03:32:47 am »
Peter was an eager beaver to jump in and participate in the Train challenge too, which admittedly is another tell I also displayed