Author Topic: Margot Tenenbaum: 6th Place  (Read 183 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Margot Tenenbaum: 6th Place
« on: October 03, 2021, 09:20:15 am »

Leave thoughts about Margot here.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Margot Tenenbaum: 6th Place
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 02:44:20 pm »
Margot - I don't really know what to say to you. I respect your play, ultimately. You realized how to take advantage of me, and used it against me. I genuinely cannot be angry about that. You played a good game because of it, but honestly, I still feel like I can hold a little resentment towards you for stringing me along this entire time, y'know? I think part of it is the hindsight of how you were going about it, and how obvious a lot of it really became in retrospect, but genuinely, you played well, and I think if you won, I wouldn't be mad.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 02:01:21 am »
Margot, you were absolutely the best player of the premerge in my opinion.  You not only had connections with literally everyone, as the one player on both "sides" of Rushmore, but you picked your play at the exact right moment so that all the players you betrayed were purged before merge and jury.  Not only that, you then came into merge in a difficult position as one of the few surviving Rushmores, but you successfully found your place (with the help of some immunity flexing) in the late game that very nearly carried you to the end.  I don't think placement is fully representative of how well a game is played, so if you felt you outperformed your previous showings with this game, I fully suspect that that's true! 

Steve Zissou

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2021, 05:27:14 am »
Margot, I really wanted to work with you, like a lot.  I was so happy when things felt like they were going that way.  I'm sad that it never happened, but it was really nice to play with you!

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 06:55:00 am »
Margot I loved your play this game. You were an absolute badass, and the way you manipulated Foxy especially was so damn impressive. You had the entire game wrapped around your finger for the premerge portion of the game, and even in the post-merge, it seemed like you might manage to sneak your way into the end. Ultimately it took a huge move by Madame which many of us questioned for you to get sent home, but you should be so, so proud of what you accomplished here, and I have no doubt that if you keep playing, you'll win one of these in good time. You have the challenge ability, the social ability, and the strategic ability. Like damn, what can't Margot do?