Author Topic: Round 9 Discussion  (Read 930 times)

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: Round 8 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2021, 08:34:38 am »
Omg Royal attempted to switch his vote to Gustave which would have killed Madame D but he did it 50 seconds too late!

She survives by the skin of her teeth once again! Madame D.'s close calls is a fun subplot. Hopefully she survives this so that it can continue. But I don't especially want Young Writer gone either. Sad day. :(

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2021, 08:37:52 am »
Omg Royal attempted to switch his vote to Gustave which would have killed Madame D but he did it 50 seconds too late!

She survives by the skin of her teeth once again! Madame D.'s close calls is a fun subplot. Hopefully she survives this so that it can continue. But I don't especially want Young Writer gone either. Sad day. :(
That is intense. I refreshed all the way until the counter hit zero and then posted so I didn’t even see that til now.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2021, 08:52:49 am »
ROCKS?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 09:49:23 am »
Madame, Margot, Gustave, Duke, and Royal is such a fun, rootable alliance. I really like them together.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 09:55:17 am »
The weird thing is I don’t think that was even a purposeful alliance? Like you had M&M plus the dogs which was supposed to be the core on that side. Somehow Oracle and Gustave are on opposite sides despite being besties, as are Royal and Richie. Just seems so random we got here in this way, although most of that I guess is down to Oracle’s vote.

If YW goes here it would be pretty cool to see Richie go right back to Madame with the Z ring. And I could actually see that? Steal Oracle’s place on that side, lock in tight with another threat in Madame. Pretty fantastic way to bury the hatchet and start fresh.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2021, 10:02:14 am »
The weird thing is I don’t think that was even a purposeful alliance? Like you had M&M plus the dogs which was supposed to be the core on that side. Somehow Oracle and Gustave are on opposite sides despite being besties, as are Royal and Richie. Just seems so random we got here in this way, although most of that I guess is down to Oracle’s vote.

If YW goes here it would be pretty cool to see Richie go right back to Madame with the Z ring. And I could actually see that? Steal Oracle’s place on that side, lock in tight with another threat in Madame. Pretty fantastic way to bury the hatchet and start fresh.

This is the ideal use of the ring in general. Using it to start an alliance early in the game is a waste. You use it later to rebuild trust.

Honestly the reason this happened is questionable play by the Crossed Keys alliance and especially Oracle. I honestly think they could have gotten the one extra vote they needed to get out Madame if that's really what's best for them, but they've really exposed themselves here and the other five are now going to be bonded together. There's nothing like being mutually left out of a vote to make a tight alliance where there was none.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2021, 10:02:47 am »
I understand why Oracle voted for Madame but it's really not a cute look for him.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2021, 10:15:18 am »
I actually think this is the closest an anon game on MS has come to rocks in...any game in recent memory. So I really hope it somehow happens. I'm sure people will get cold feet and chicken out, but it does seem like Richie, Oracle, Young Writer, Herman, and Suzy are a solid five, and realistically the others should not be allowing them to get their way here. It probably took a Buckley quit to get to this point though. If Madame goes or if Margot/Royal/Gustave/Duke goes via rock, Buckley's quit will really have had enormous ramifications and honestly will likely have saved Writer's game.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2021, 10:45:58 am »
Why would you be afraid of rocks? I would be so satisfied with myself if I made a smart play and got rocked out of a game, and whoever gets rocked out is going to become an instant legend.

I think Duke would draw a rock so I blame Gustave if it doesn't happen.

Sam Shakusky

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2021, 11:09:18 am »
I think Oracle/Suzy/Herman/Duke/Gustave is gonna be a tighter group than Oracle/Suzy/Herman/Richie/Writer going forward, despite the vote lines.

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2021, 11:24:25 am »
And if that's true, gustave can flip no problem.

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2021, 02:44:59 pm »
Why would you be afraid of rocks? I would be so satisfied with myself if I made a smart play and got rocked out of a game, and whoever gets rocked out is going to become an instant legend.

I think Duke would draw a rock so I blame Gustave if it doesn't happen.
I don’t think I’d want to get rocked out at F10 though? It’s still so far from the end, it’s a lot to risk your game on.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2021, 03:05:28 pm »
Eh I'd take the risk. But I drew a rock at final fourteen in a game I played, so final ten seems like nothing lol

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2021, 03:06:31 pm »
Also getting rocked out is such an interesting and unique way to go

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 03:22:38 pm »
Tbf, if I were to get rocked out, I'd just stop playing survivor altogether. I've peaked, nothing can beat that.

Foxy Fox

• Banned From Set
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 03:23:17 pm »
It'd honestly go on my resume, but a lot of shit goes on my resume that I genuinely hand into potential employers. A lot of it starts conversations and makes me a memorable candidate

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 04:29:48 pm »
GUSTAVE ROCKS????????????????????????

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2021, 04:30:53 pm »
Drawing a rock and surviving is also the best feeling. You feel like a god.

Also ahhhhhh are we actually getting rocks???? We are so close! I really hope so.

I feel like Oracle getting rocked out is the perfect conclusion of this episode's narrative but it'd be almost too perfect if it happened.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 04:32:02 pm »
So far Margot, Royal, and Gustave have all voted for Writer on the revote, so all we need is Duke. But come on, knowing Duke's ID, he has to go for it right?

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2021, 04:42:05 pm »
King Gustave. I love his attitude. Stick it to them! They want to leave you out of a vote? Fuck them. Eat a rock.

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2021, 04:44:52 pm »
Is it bad I kind of wish this game was going to go to rocks?
Be careful what you wish for Oracle...

The only thing is that Oracle DID include Duke, and Duke forcing the tie gives their pair a 1 in 4 shot of being split up, so it would make sense for Duke to flip. But I really don't know if I see Duke doing that. Will he really give up this chance at rocks?

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2021, 04:58:23 pm »
pls i need the game to go to rocks and then someone like suzy or herman goes out via rocks, imagine the tension levels

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2021, 08:27:14 pm »
Oh my god I think I have to vote Madame. I can't blindside Suzy and Herman here or I can't swing a majority alliance next round with Duke and Gustave against the others.
I still don’t understand Oracle’s vote. Cant vote against Suzy/Herman because then his plans with Gustave and Duke won’t work next round… but he CAN vote apart from Duke and Gustave, blindsiding Gustave, and that’s fine for those plans

Captain Sharp

• Spectator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2021, 11:12:21 pm »
Duke's confessional says he can't flip. .. but also that he is on the fence. uhok

Brendan

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2021, 01:18:50 am »
Oh my god I think I have to vote Madame. I can't blindside Suzy and Herman here or I can't swing a majority alliance next round with Duke and Gustave against the others.
I still don’t understand Oracle’s vote. Cant vote against Suzy/Herman because then his plans with Gustave and Duke won’t work next round… but he CAN vote apart from Duke and Gustave, blindsiding Gustave, and that’s fine for those plans
Oracle's vote makes sense in a vacuum, although not sure if this was his logic, because weakening that side before joining might put him in a more secure longterm position. But the way he went about this was totally wrong, and if he or someone he is aligned with is rocked out, which is likely given Margot's Immunity, it's hard to see what he gained from this at all, especially since he was the one to do most of the legwork of setting up the Young Writer vote in the first place. It's just not a good look at all.