Author Topic: {Closing Speech}  (Read 193 times)

Wes Anderson

• Administrator
  •  
    • View Profile
{Closing Speech}
« on: October 10, 2021, 08:32:45 am »
First, answering Writer's question, here I go.
-Peter: too often people can be a little scared to make splashy moves; people like you who are willing to take risks keep these games from getting stale or same-y. Maybe more people should be members of Team Chaos.
-Buckley: I can tell from your questions and from the fact that everyone liked you that you were a great person; you having to leave is one of the saddest things to happen in this game.
-Writer: you were a really smart player and were the main reason Ivanhoe went into the merge up in numbers. In most other timelines, you would have placed much higher than you did here.
-Herman: I wish that I'd been logged on at the same time as you more, because the few times we did overlap I got to see that you were really chill and friendly! You were poised to have a great UTR social game.
-Duke: the way you were able to call me on my bullshit / bad moves while still being my ally and friend was so refreshing, and is something I really needed (and still need).
-Royal: your ability to see right to the heart of everything convinces me that you're probably the smartest player here. Your post announcing limited availability in particular just nailed everything.
-Margot: for the longest time I believed that you would just win everything and hands-down sweep the final tribal. Absolute triple threat, and not even smug about it!
-Suzy: social goddess, and so damn nice. I don't think anyone could ever be upset with you for long, because reading your posts the feels are just so real and powerful. If Richie hadn't been miffed about the Margot vote, you'd be here in my place, and I'd seriously be thinking of voting for you.
-Madame: my playstyle reminds me of yours but with more mistakes. You're another player it's impossible to hate, and your candidness really impressed me.
-Richie: above all else, you had passion and tenacity. In every situation, you were playing hard and looking to get whatever edge you could, and it was clear that you deeply cared about this game.
-Oracle: my best friend, we supported each other through thick and thin, both in-game and in RL struggles. At the risk of sounding ridiculously cheesy, gaining you as a friend is worth way more than winning a hundred of these to me.

And now Royal's question:
I don't actually feel that there is somebody that you absolutely shouldn't vote for, because you can base your vote on whatever metric you want and it's all equally valid. All three finalists here would be worthy winners, so just vote for who you think deserves it the most, whoever that may be and however you determine that.

We're finally here at the end of this month-plus game, and I'm so glad I signed up for it. I met some great people, and hopefully made some lasting friendships to boot. Now it's all down to you, on the jury. I think that I played a good game, but so did Oracle and Richie. I'd be thrilled to get your votes, but I can accept losing, especially to one of them. Consider everything and make your picks, and I'll see you on Sunday!