« on: October 05, 2021, 03:49:06 am »

Jury questions from Duke will go here.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
Re: {Duke}
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 08:58:03 am »
Hey Gustave! Congratulations on making it here!

I wanted to apologise first off for the sudden medevac and not giving any warning on that. I went through something particularly difficult at the time and couldn't really bring myself to send messages. Doing better now though <3

I'll start this off with a nonserious question! I would quite like a cameo in your Wes Anderson movie, is there a part you think would fit me?

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 09:44:38 am »
No apologies needed! I'm just glad to hear that you're doing better now.

You can certainly fit in, either as a dog or a human. There are plenty of spots for 'buffaloing Buffalo gangster' still open, or we could have you be a dog who is the sole witness to a shootout.

Duke

• Producer
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2021, 10:14:30 pm »
Hi again, been a while :P

Of all the finalists, I think it's safe to say you have had by far the best FTC thus far, at least in my eyes. It does feel like you are treating people like people where others are treating people like pieces. I want to say thank you for that, and you're very much still in the running for my vote for that reason.

However, I feel like you also had the worst game of the finalists' prior to FTC. You weren't afraid to push for what you wanted, but the result of that was you being targeted over and over again. You were saved by a medevac at one point - I greatly respect that you made the best of that and managed to work your way to the end afterward, but it doesn't change that had rl stuff not happened to me there, you would not have survived it.

I also felt quite often that, while you appreciated me as a person, you didn't really care about my views on the game, or at least you would oftentimes put plans into action before talking through them. More than once I came back to see you telling me to vote somewhere without having asked me whether I was okay with it. In particular the pushes for split votes seemed incredibly bloody-minded to me, especially when you would out of the blue say things like 'Madame is on board for splitting onto Royal' when she clearly wasn't, and 'Richie's good with the Writer vote!' when him knowing about it at all put us at risk!

I'm not sure there's a question in here, I just wanted to give you an idea of where my head is at at the moment. You can respond to it however you want, I guess!

M. Gustave

• Society of Crossed Keys
  •  
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2021, 03:04:46 am »
Your observations are valid! It's no secret that I made errors throughout this game, and while I'd love to get as many votes as possible, I'd totally understand you or anyone else voting for Oracle or Richie instead.

Looking back, I did often tell you who to vote without asking your opinion... I don't really have an excuse for that besides simple thoughtlessness. Apologies are due for that. And agreed about my very 'optimistic' split vote plans, I'll be a lot more careful about stuff like that in future games than I was here.

I joined this game to a) have fun and b) do as well as I could. Criterion A was definitely met, and so has B considering this is already much higher than my average placement. Whether I finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd, I've learned a lot about what to do and what not to do. This might fit better in my closing speech, but I think it's appropriate for the mood of this post.